or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 234

post #6991 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denniswrly View Post

Do not let ANYONE here effect u.Yu are the customer and do what makes you happy,Thats what policy's are setup for. But on there defense you do post alot get it done move on and enjoy my friend .

Agreed, and good call on the 60". As I mentioned I had one of similar size and its a large TV.

And based on the last few posts, I'd like to suggest you research other threads and other sources very carefully before getting involved in a protracted series of posts here. You saw the ridiculous result in some cases. I know I don't know anything so I could be wrong on this.

But I do know this: these guys have helped me immensely and are a TON more help than any manufacturer will be.
post #6992 of 13986
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

I appreciate the feedback in here even from those who like taking shots at me which is understandable. The reason I have gained a lot of knowledge (also very picky) is because of these forums that people are kind enough to take time and post on. As annoying as I can be someone may find my OCD and experience useful especially if they are like me with TVs. But again my appreciation extends to everyone in here for effort and time they devote to people they don't even know but share their appreciation of technology.

And I only live home do to school not because you people think I'm a loser. Some of us have to sacrifice living on their own to gain a better lifestyle. I work two jobs and go to school totaling about 65-70 hours a week. I know where my responsibilities lye and help with the house as well as bills and other expenses. This is extra money I have after those priorities are met.

I am apologizing to the room for my over use of it and hope can be forgiven. I also decided to keep the 60" because it's just too much to deal with especially with all the holidays coming up

Best
Stiles

I'd bet that most people on here have OCD (although not many will admit it) and i am sure many have spent alot of time religiously checking for defects/issues with their nose pressed to the screen. The fact is that none of the sets are perfect (and if you think yours is, you probably havent looked hard enough). Common issues of the set are Banding, fan noise, heat, buzz, pixel problems, judder, DSE, minor scratches/marks/image retention etc (hell, i even have a pixel sized bit of dirt/dust behind the screen, but i've let it go, as you need to be within 2 feet on a high contrast white screen to see it; its certainly not helpful to my mental health obsessing about it as i also suffer from OCD. (Which has greatly improved from counselling)

Remember you are buying into a mass produced product which will not be perfect, but you seem to expect it. I fear no matter what size of set you get, this top end product will cause issues for you. I dont want to sound personal, but if you get this obsessed over a tv, i dont know how you will cope when life really does throw a curved ball at you. As many say here, enjoy your new tv; turn it on sit back and chill and try not to go looking for issues, when your new set arrives.
Edited by ACE99 - 11/22/13 at 12:12pm
post #6993 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

Maybe an upgrade to a ZT and a different thread is in the future biggrin.gif
No, I think he'd be better off with a Samsung. tongue.gif
post #6994 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by boca rat View Post

Hey, you don't have to run audio from the TV. I have an older pre-HDMI receiver and run HDMI from the sources to the TV, disconnected the speakers from my Kuro, ran separate digital out from each source to the receiver and use a Harmony to handle all the switching. Works perfectly well. 99% of the time - some kind of handshake issue w/Sony Bluray means have to fire up everything for Dish Network first, then switch to Bluray otherwise TV gets stuck and no picture (had to be powered off and on to reset).

HTH in the way you helped me with your 5010 to 65VT60 review....!

Well the issue which we didn't face with the Kuro, is that TV itself contains a lot of content like most Smart TVs (Netflix, DNLA pulls movies/music from my computers directly, Hulu, etc).

My old setup was PS3/360/Wii/Cable all having sound to the receiver and video straight to the TV but now for the first time I actually want to take audio FROM the TV and run to the receiver.

For this my only options appear to be HDMI and Optical Audio. Since Receiver lacks HDMI IN, stuck trying Digital/Optical audio - but think the 5.1 > 2.1 pass-through wont work.

A shame because it is convenient how quick I can get to DNLA, Servers, USB etc with the TV without having to go through PS3 or 360.

However, I did compare the TV sound to my 8 year old Denon, and as suspected, it doesn't even come close to the Denon.

Thanks for the help though!
post #6995 of 13986
Hi guys need some help. I have a 55vt60 and about 300 hours or so. The problem is when watching movies with letterbox the bars now seem grey during dark scenes. It seems to have gotten worse since new. Is this normal?
post #6996 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I would say much worse in person. But a valid point. I like the kid.
my point was or should have been just finalize it and be done is all Bond ,letting a forum decide your going to get what they would do.Do whats best for you and not clog up forum and we decide what you may regret..i allways love your post in helping others..smile.gif
post #6997 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE99 View Post


I'd bet that most people on here have OCD (although not many will admit it).

Sorry pal but I'm going to have to disagree with you on that last statement.

We all know we're OCD and are more than willing to admit it. smile.gif
post #6998 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Oakley View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denniswrly View Post

Do not let ANYONE here effect u.Yu are the customer and do what makes you happy,Thats what policy's are setup for. But on there defense you do post alot get it done move on and enjoy my friend .

Agreed, and good call on the 60". As I mentioned I had one of similar size and its a large TV.

And based on the last few posts, I'd like to suggest you research other threads and other sources very carefully before getting involved in a protracted series of posts here. You saw the ridiculous result in some cases. I know I don't know anything so I could be wrong on this.

But I do know this: these guys have helped me immensely and are a TON more help than any manufacturer will be.


Agreed. Welcome to the forums btw and congratulations on an amazing TV!
post #6999 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmanoob345 View Post

Hi guys need some help. I have a 55vt60 and about 300 hours or so. The problem is when watching movies with letterbox the bars now seem grey during dark scenes. It seems to have gotten worse since new. Is this normal?

In the tv's menu there is an option for 4:3 side bars. What do you have this set to?
post #7000 of 13986
I'm a few days away from buying a 65VT60 since Panasonic is discontinuing the plasma line and I want a 65" for my new house. I already own (2) VT25s calibrated to D-Nice settings. I keep reading that the VT60 isn't very bright.... When someone said that in a review....all I can ask is "Relative to what?"....

I've been trying to find the actual brightness levels of the other VTs to compare them...but haven't found anything directly comparing the brightness of the VT60 vs VT25. Would anyone here have the exact numbers or maybe have both of these TVs to give me a comparison? I assume that the VT60 will be brighter than the VT25...correct?
post #7001 of 13986
Is there a way to turn the picture off? My Pioneer had "picture off" setting. It was good to have under certain conditions, such as using internet radio, to keep static images from burning in.

I'm still looking for a discrete IR code list too.
post #7002 of 13986
It is set to high. What I was referring to was the top and bottom bars not side bars.
post #7003 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadestreet View Post

Here is what I would do if I were you:

1) Keep the TV, take the $600 (or however much it would cost you to return/upgrade) and put in a money-market account or buy some 5 year bonds. 5 years from now, when school/residency is behind you and you are out on your own, cash in the bonds and apply towards a 70" 4K TV for your new great room of the house you just bought. The Panasonic you own now will then be useful in the kitchen or something.

2) Take the TV boxed and all to Best Buy, ask them to accept a return without receipt if you buy the 65" model assuming they have a decent deal on 65". Not sure they would do this still, but they did for me in 2006 - I bought a Philips at Bose Store, kept in box, returned to them and bought something else.

It is crap suggestions like this that cause retailers to change their return policies. Hey let's dump a display bought from Paul's on Best Buy, they may even give him more than he bought it for if their price is higher. Then they can try to sell it as an open box and lose a few hundred dollars on it since they paid a higher price for it. No big deal Best Buy is a big company so it's okay to screw them if you can.

This guy is in Nursing School so I am sure they've addressed ethics. You need to read about them.
post #7004 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

It is crap suggestions like this that cause retailers to change their return policies. Hey let's dump a display bought from Paul's on Best Buy, they may even give him more than he bought it for if their price is higher. Then they can try to sell it as an open box and lose a few hundred dollars on it since they paid a higher price for it. No big deal Best Buy is a big company so it's okay to screw them if you can.

This guy is in Nursing School so I am sure they've addressed ethics. You need to read about them.

Don't make assumptions. Best Buy knew full well that I bought the TV from the Bose outlet store. I was on my way to return it there and they offered to take it from for same price if I bought a bigger TV with 4 year warranty from them.
post #7005 of 13986
And we are all just supposed to know you asked. A key detail left out so I wouldn't call it an assumption but lack of disclosure on your end - so give me a break. You did seem a little more gangster before that second post though and you would not have been the first to make such a suggestion and not ask first. I can see why BB took you display given the cost of their extended warranties.
post #7006 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman00 View Post

I'm a few days away from buying a 65VT60 since Panasonic is discontinuing the plasma line and I want a 65" for my. new house. I already own (2) VT25s calibrated to D-Nice settings. I keep reading that the VT60 isn't very bright.... When someone said that in a review....all I can ask is "Relative to what?"....

I've been trying to find the actual brightness levels of the other VTs to compare them...but haven't found anything directly comparing the brightness of the VT60 vs VT25. Would anyone here have the exact numbers or maybe have both of these TVs to give me a comparison? I assume that the VT60 will be brighter than the VT25...correct?

I think the comparison most are using are lcd sets or the Samsung plasma. The most I've gotten out of my VT25s or VT60 is about 35-40 ftL. So my guess is the VT60 might be just a touch brighter than your VT25, but not enough to really notice. Or, in other words, if the VT25 isn't bright enough for your needs, don't expect the VT60 to be.
post #7007 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

It is crap suggestions like this that cause retailers to change their return policies. Hey let's dump a display bought from Paul's on Best Buy, they may even give him more than he bought it for if their price is higher. Then they can try to sell it as an open box and lose a few hundred dollars on it since they paid a higher price for it. No big deal Best Buy is a big company so it's okay to screw them if you can.

This guy is in Nursing School so I am sure they've addressed ethics. You need to read about them.

No offense to that guy but I would never do either of those options. 70" 4K TV will be like 10k. And being a server as well I would never dump something on a company like that. Just not right.
post #7008 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

And we are all just supposed to know you asked. A key detail left out so I wouldn't call it an assumption but lack of disclosure on your end - so give me a break. You did seem a little more gangster before that second post though and you would not have been the first to make such a suggestion and not ask first. I can see why BB took you display given the cost of their extended warranties.

Suggesting someone open a Money Market account is now considered "gangster"?!?! smile.gif

Sorry I left that detail out, but I didn't think it was that big of a stretch to consider another retailer accepting a smaller TV if you buy a bigger one for their difference, even knowing you got the TV elsewhere. I'm probably wrong but with all the hassle he would get from having to ship back to Pauls and pay the cost I think it might worth at least exploring.
post #7009 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

No offense to that guy but I would never do either of those options. 70" 4K TV will be like 10k. And being a server as well I would never dump something on a company like that. Just not right.

A 4K 70" TV is around 5K today, so safe to assume in 5 years it will be cheaper.
post #7010 of 13986
^Throw OLED into the mix and things get more complicated to predict price-wise.
post #7011 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpjb View Post

I think the comparison most are using are lcd sets or the Samsung plasma. The most I've gotten out of my VT25s or VT60 is about 35-40 ftL. So my guess is the VT60 might be just a touch brighter than your VT25, but not enough to really notice. Or, in other words, if the VT25 isn't bright enough for your needs, don't expect the VT60 to be.

That makes sense but you can understand why there is no real reference in the not bright statements. I was just worried that the VT60 might be more dim. I still think my VT25s are perfect so brighter will be even better.
post #7012 of 13986
Anyone use the "1080p Pure Direct"?? My Sony BD player has a "deep color" setting. I was wondering if I could benefit from this or is it gimmicky?
post #7013 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post

Anyone use the "1080p Pure Direct"?? My Sony BD player has a "deep color" setting. I was wondering if I could benefit from this or is it gimmicky?

Pure direct is if you use 4:4:4 setting in your BD player.

I set my Oppo to source direct and 4:2:2, and no I don't turn on Pure Direct in my VT60 or deep color in my BD player.

Your Bly Ray disc's are mastered in 4:2:0, 10 bit.
4:4:4: is 8 bit
4:2:2 is 12 bit.

ss .
Edited by sillysally - 11/22/13 at 11:02pm
post #7014 of 13986

Hey all, hopefully someone can give me some insight on an issue im having:

 

I recently swapped out my 60" vt60 for a 65", and when i started running the slides i noticed varying pitched buzzing, most audible during white slides. It's really annoying... Is this normal? There also seems to be an electronic smell more then usual as well.

 

The picture on the 65" is amazing, way better then my 60" which was really dim, I could hardly see anything during dark scenes in movies. Do you think that had anything to do with running those slides for 100hrs straight? On this new 65" panel i just started watching straight away and the PQ seems much better.

 

I got Amazon to send me a replacement, and gave me $200 for my troubles, but i dont know if im making a mistake sending this back when the screen looks so good...

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

post #7015 of 13986
So tempted to just use the VT60....... must resist, must run slides!

I'm now 33/100 hours into my break in of my 65VT60. This would go a lot faster if I could run this at work or night, but alas I don't want the TV to restart due to intermittent electricity and **** up the display with a static screen and I live in a Studio apartment so running the thing at night is a no go.

My journey continues.
post #7016 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeboy723 View Post

Hey all, hopefully someone can give me some insight on an issue im having:

I recently swapped out my 60" vt60 for a 65", and when i started running the slides i noticed varying pitched buzzing, most audible during white slides. It's really annoying... Is this normal? There also seems to be an electronic smell more then usual as well.

The picture on the 65" is amazing, way better then my 60" which was really dim, I could hardly see anything during dark scenes in movies. Do you think that had anything to do with running those slides for 100hrs straight? On this new 65" panel i just started watching straight away and the PQ seems much better.

I got Amazon to send me a replacement, and gave me $200 for my troubles, but i dont know if im making a mistake sending this back when the screen looks so good...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

If that's the only time you hear it, probably normal. Plasma buzz. (Slides were the only time I heard it, early on. Later on you may hear it from time to time during bright picture content.)

[My sense of smell is pretty limited, so can't help you there. Probably just the equivalent of new car smell, it will go away.]
post #7017 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post

If that's the only time you hear it, probably normal. Plasma buzz. (Slides were the only time I heard it, early on. Later on you may hear it from time to time during bright picture content.)

[My sense of smell is pretty limited, so can't help you there. Probably just the equivalent of new car smell, it will go away.]

Why didn't my 60" do it then? I'm afraid I already sealed my fate by not running those sides on this TV... but after the dimming of my last tv, frankly I'm afraid to
post #7018 of 13986
also, is every panel different even it comes to it's susceptibility to burn in? Cause I've been gaming on this since I got it and haven't even seen hardly any IR... I'm just afraid if I switch panels it willl be more susceptible
post #7019 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyre4 View Post

hey folks, is juddering/stuttering while using intelligent motion creation in gaming normal?

I had a G30 prior to getting this new plasma and yet with my G30 I had the intelligent frame creation set to Max without much of an issue and with the new TV I can go as far as Mid with most games but the Max setting is creating a lot of judder...

In special cases like GTA V using anything other than Min (not even Mid) creates tons of judder in specific parts where the framerate isnt as good.

Is this normal? Is there a way to reduce it? I love using intelligent motion creation because it makes the game much smoother, but I am not sure why my old G30 could use Max settings on that feature without any problems and the new TV seems to be struggling on that part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone guys? Would appreciate some feedback on this at least to be sure that there is nothing wrong with my set

thanks
post #7020 of 13986
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post

Anyone use the "1080p Pure Direct"?? My Sony BD player has a "deep color" setting. I was wondering if I could benefit from this or is it gimmicky?

Pure direct is if you use 4:4:4 setting in your BD player.

I set my Oppo to source direct and 4:2:2, and no I don't turn on Pure Direct in my VT60 or deep color in my BD player.

Your Bly Ray disc's are mastered in 4:2:0, 10 bit.
4:4:4: is 8 bit
4:2:2 is 12 bit.

ss .

I believe you have that backwards.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]