Recent Images In This Thread
- productBenQ W7000 Home Projection Systemtagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
- productEpson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350tagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
- brandMitsubishitagged by Mike Lang, 8/5/13
- brandMITSUBISHI Brandtagged by Mike Lang, 8/5/13
- brandMitsubishi Electronics Americatagged by Mike Lang, 8/5/13
- productMitsubishi HC5tagged by Aaronh, 11/18/13
- productMitsubishi HC9000D 3D 1080p LCD Projectortagged by Aaronh, 9/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- Really need help with Mitsubishi DLP!! Last post on 11/1/13 at 9:12am in Rear Projection Units
- White Dots on Mitsubishi WD-73734 screen Last post on 8/6/13 at 4:05pm in Rear Projection Units
- Epson 8350 vs BenQ W7000: Help me Decide Last post on 11/1/13 at 11:52am in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
- What Are Your Favorite Projectors? Last post on 11/15/13 at 12:09pm in Community News & Polls
- Projector for long' throw Last post on 10/22/13 at 5:34am in Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP
AVS Forum's Top 10 Projectors from 2013
Last edited: 12/11/13
- Introducing The Mitsubishi HC7800D Home Theater DLP ProjectorLast edited: 9/6/12
- Innovative and Interactive LCD Projectors for Large RoomsLast edited: 9/11/12
Official Mitsubishi HC5 Owners Thread - Page 8post #211 of 5308/10/13 at 2:41amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 5308/10/13 at 6:53amPulled the trigger and picked up the HC5. My current projector is an Optima H77 which has been a fine projector but is very outdated compared to the HC5. My theater room won't be ready for some time but I figured for my needs the HC5 will be a winner for many years to come. I tend to not buy on the cutting edge and then keep my equipment for a long time... If I can match my brothers Pioneer Kuro projector then I will be thrilled.post #213 of 5308/10/13 at 7:50ampost #214 of 5308/10/13 at 7:39pm
I don't know if this is normal or not but was wondering if anybody notices streaking on white lettering on an all black background. I notice it on the oppo logo especially. It even happens on the screen saver that floats around. I have a BenQ W7000 and it doesn't have this. Is this a lcos type issue?
Is this something that will go away?
Is it normal?
Thanks, Billpost #215 of 5308/11/13 at 3:20pm
Well I got my issue with the streaking sorted out. Thanks to *UFO* thru pm's he told me it was grease on the lens causing it. I cleaned it twice before but I wasn't aggressive enough. That stuff doesn't like to come off. This is one really nice projector for the money and very happy so far.post #216 of 5308/12/13 at 4:42amThat's funny, I had what I'd thought was a bad scrape on my MITS pj's lens and it turned-out to be grease of some sort. I can't imagine what Mitsu is doing that would result in getting grease on the outside of the lens!?!?!
I'd been horrified to observe it on my new-fresh-out-of-box projector but thankfully it cleaned right off.post #217 of 5308/13/13 at 8:00pmOk, at a little over 150 hours and this PJ shines. I just finished re watching season 1 of Spartacus and wow, amazing picture quality. I am ready to state that for non-3d paired with a 3d mini calibration this is a keeper. Well at least for a year maybe Even the over saturation can be tamed with a mini and a 21pt run. The only oddity is turning it on off using my harmony. I can get it to turn off but for the life of me it won't do turn on..pain..post #218 of 5308/19/13 at 3:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Laserfan
That's funny, I had what I'd thought was a bad scrape on my MITS pj's lens and it turned-out to be grease of some sort. I can't imagine what Mitsu is doing that would result in getting grease on the outside of the lens!?!?!
I'd been horrified to observe it on my new-fresh-out-of-box projector but thankfully it cleaned right off.
The grease that comes on the lens is to protect it from scratches during handling, and it works. They should however include a little sticker and a cleaning solution because most people wouldn't know it was there, or how to remove it.post #219 of 5308/19/13 at 4:49ampost #220 of 5308/19/13 at 1:56pmI just replaced my Infocus IN76 with the Mitsubishi HC5. The HDMI in the Infocus projector wouldn't work any more so I put it in the bedroom as the other inputs were still functioning (component, svhs, composite). I can use it in the bedroom for dvd's and laser discs. The Mitsubishi is a big improvement pq! I didn't have any grease on my lens and I only had to adjust the red pixel one place.
I tried to view what version my firmware was using the enter >down>down>up>down>enter on the remote when it powers up but I get no response. I tried it without the first enter and it still didn't work. Am I not doing it right?
I also can't seem to get into the "user" parts of the menu to do any calibrating. Do I push enter when I get to one of the "user" parts of the menu or one of the arrow keys? I would like to adjust the colour slightly but in the picture 1 menu under colour temp I can choose one of the preset colour temps but when I get to "user" and press enter, nothing happens. How do I calibrate the projector using my own settings? Or is there a problem with my projector? The picture looks great, I could live with it as is but it would be nice to have the option.
Edited by albert-canuck - 8/19/13 at 2:33pmpost #221 of 5308/19/13 at 10:26pmpost #222 of 5308/21/13 at 3:47ampost #223 of 5308/21/13 at 4:29ampost #224 of 5308/21/13 at 6:49ampost #225 of 5308/21/13 at 6:55amQuote:
That will be interesting to hear the results, thanks for sharing the info when you get it.
What glasses will you be using? Do you have the current Mitsubishi IR sender?post #226 of 5308/21/13 at 9:02ampost #227 of 5308/21/13 at 10:27pmQuote:
Maybe 40ms with the old camera and CRT method. Before testing it I knew it was extremely high because FPS shooters are beyond unplayable on it. Its not a problem though because this is a true cinema projector, not a toy for gaming on.post #228 of 5308/21/13 at 11:47pmQuote:
I am gonna disagree with you on that. There is less lag on this projector than the w7000+. This to me is the ultimate in dual propose projectors.post #229 of 5308/22/13 at 3:15pmQuote:
The numbers dont lie. The majority of gamers will not be able to play on this projector, but in your case your happy with it and thats all that matters.post #230 of 5308/23/13 at 5:44amThread Starter
http://imageshack.us/a/img571/4663/dsc8983z.jpgpost #231 of 5308/24/13 at 6:54amHi also jump in Mitsubishi HC5 bandwagon, european model.
The HC5 came with:
1 X EY3DEMT1 emitter
1 X EY-3DGS-1U 3D glasses
In europe the best 3D original glasses price is 150€ (200$ ) while theres a few bargains in american market for 99$ the tax customs is to high to buy in USA.
What 3D glasses are compatible with this IR Emitter ? i need to buy at least one more pair of 3D glasses.
Edited by canton160 - 8/24/13 at 7:13ampost #232 of 5308/24/13 at 7:10ampost #233 of 5308/24/13 at 2:59pmpost #234 of 5308/24/13 at 8:30pmQuote:
I bought a couple of playstation 3d glasses. At ~$15 each they are very economical. I think they may be a bit darker than other glasses, but they seem to work fine otherwise.post #235 of 5308/27/13 at 5:08pmI figured out how to adjust parameters in the user section of the menu. I had to have a movie playing for it to work, otherwise it had no response. I know this is not news for most of you but maybe there is another newbie like me out there trying to figure it out. Now I just have to figure out how to tell what version of firmware I have. Otherwise I am totally pleased with the HC5, a huge improvement over my Infocus IN76.post #236 of 5308/29/13 at 8:57pmI finally got a few hours on my machine, so I decided to give it a calibration. Turns out, it wasn't horrible to begin with:
The calibration did rein things in a bit, and I am quite happy with the BT.1886 gamma. Mine ended up around 2.4 (I have a bat cave).
I watched a bit of Samsara, and it looked phenomenal. I also ran a calibration for 3D mode with the glasses, I haven't had a chance to give that a good testing yet. I'll report back when I do.post #237 of 5308/29/13 at 10:37pmThread Starterpost #238 of 5308/30/13 at 6:50ampost #239 of 5308/30/13 at 11:24amThread Starter
On the topic, I bought OEM i1 Display 3 some time ago and I am extremely disappointed by the default accuracy of it. Calibrating to D65 gives me a horrible red tint. I have no choice but to purchase I1 Pro spectrophotometer (either CalMan or ChromaPure one).post #240 of 5308/30/13 at 3:17pmQuote:
The Display 3 i'm using was calibrated by Tom Huffman who wrote Chromapure. He uses a very expensive meter to create the offset in my software license of Chromapure.
Some would use the i1Pro to calibrate a meter like the Chroma 5 or the Display 3 since they are know for better low light readings than the i1Pro.
Why not just get a Jeti Specbos 1211, it's only $10,000....
Edited by zombie10k - 8/30/13 at 4:34pm
- Official Mitsubishi HC5 Owners Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Introducing The Mitsubishi HC7800D Home Theater DLP Projector
- › Official Panasonic S60 Series Discussion Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Best floorstander @ 2000$? 15 seconds ago
- › is audyssey a avr seller? 30 seconds ago
- › Official Pioneer SC-1223 thread 36 seconds ago
- › Subwoofer replacment / multiple subwoofer question 1 minute ago
- › CES 2014 1 minute ago
- › Revel Owners Thread 1 minute ago
- › Can I lay a plasma flat to remove the stand? 1 minute ago
- › Projector Mini-Shootout Thread 2013-2014 1 minute ago
- › Denon DBT-1713UD 1 minute ago
- › ZVOX 580 Low-Profile Single-Cabinet Surround Sound System with... by adam1991
- › Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black) by salfirebird92
- › Pioneer SP-SB23W Andrew Jones Soundbar System by drfreeman60
- › White Christmas [Blu-ray] by cristina7
- › Sony HTST7 HD Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer by smail.nathan
- › Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector (V11H336120) by S-curvy
- › 2 6.5" 175-Watt Lcr Spkr. by Urmomdotcom
- › Polk Audio RTI A3 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair, Cherry) by wtxgringo
- › Polk Audio RTI A5 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by wtxgringo
- › VIZIO M471i-A2 47-inch Smart LED HDTV by JNavas
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars of... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Projectors from 2013 by skehoe
- › Top Blu-rays for 2013 by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 7 Blu-ray Players of 2013 by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 5 Plasma TVs of 2013 by skehoe
- › Ron's Amazing Upgraded HD Effect Pen Camera by rolgin28