or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Recorders › Which OTA DVR? Prime PHD-VRX or Channel Master 7400?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which OTA DVR? Prime PHD-VRX or Channel Master 7400? - Page 2

post #31 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom63376 View Post


The antenna connector on the back doesn't look like a standard RF connector that I am used to seeing with cableTV/coax connectors. Where would I go looking for a plug like that?

Thanks Guys!

I just received my TViX today. Haven't hooked it up yet but the antenna/cable connector is a standard coaxial cable screw on F connector.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F_connector
post #32 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andydrew View Post

I just received my TViX today. Haven't hooked it up yet but the antenna/cable connector is a standard coaxial cable screw on F connector.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F_connector

^
|
Yeah this is what I am used to seeing. The photo I saw on the TViX site looked like a different kind of connector for the Antenna.
Good to hear its the standard type cableTV looking connector..
post #33 of 47
Thread Starter 
The reply I received from the eBay seller:

"We have 2 differnt model. One is 6640 for Europe and the other one is 6620 for Korea and United States.
I sent 6620 model to you with A/C cord and plug for United States.
One year free warranty is provided.
You are purchased Tvix from Dvico.
Sincerely,

- tvixdvico
"

Looks like I bought direct from Dvico and I get a 1 year manufacturer's warranty.
I got lucky..
post #34 of 47
Bet you will have to send it back abroad for warranty. wink.gif
post #35 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Bet you will have to send it back abroad for warranty. wink.gif

I just have to hope it doesn't break down. But thanks for being a ray of sunshine..
post #36 of 47
Sorry, but I try to look at the whole picture. I have been burned before, Luckily it was not a expensive item. frown.gif
post #37 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Sorry, but I try to look at the whole picture. I have been burned before, Luckily it was not a expensive item. frown.gif

What good does it do to throw rain on someone else's purchase after it has already been made?
That's like going up to someone after they already bought something to tell them that they paid too much.
What possible benefit is that statement to me now after I have already bought it?

Next subject.. I got my TViX today.. Only 4 days to get it from Korea. I'm too tired from working 12 hours so I will
set it up tomorrow.

Anyone have any hints for getting that sticker off the brushed aluminum top plate? Its on there eFen hardcore.
post #38 of 47
Quote:
What good does it do to throw rain on someone else's purchase after it has already been made?
But, you didn't take into account that others may want to take the same route. It wasn't as if I sent you a PM. wink.gif
I have had many parades rained upon that I wished I knew about even after the fact. Ignorance is not always bliss.
post #39 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

But, you didn't take into account that others may want to take the same route. It wasn't as if I sent you a PM. wink.gif
I have had many parades rained upon that I wished I knew about even after the fact. Ignorance is not always bliss.

Fair enough. Still, your one liner is easy enough to be taken as a direct jab. Especially since earlier posts had already questioned
me for buying direct. I made the best decision at the moment I made it and that was that. No looking back. Still I have no regrets.
I got it within 4 days, double boxed, and I felt good about knowing it came direct from the company who made it. And I saved $30.
As long as it works when I pull my home home theater setup apart to insert it, I'll be happy. And I would probably do it the same
way again if I had a do-over.

Now if I can figure out how to get that sticker off the top without ruining the top plate.
post #40 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom63376 View Post

Now if I can figure out how to get that sticker off the top without ruining the top plate.
Heat gun or maybe a blow dryer? Thats worked for me to remove stubborn stickers, you don't need to get it too hot, only warm to the touch smile.gif
post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom63376 View Post

Now if I can figure out how to get that sticker off the top without ruining the top plate.

 

Peel as much as you can then use Vodka-soaked rag and some elbow grease... might take a little while. Should leave no residue, as with some other methods.

 

The many uses for Vodka (other than drinking).

post #42 of 47
Quote:
Now if I can figure out how to get that sticker off the top without ruining the top plate.
I have always used a heat gun. I don't know if a 'hair dryer' would be hot enough. You do have to watch how high the heat gun is set. Mine is continuously adjustable, most are either fixed or two settings which really doesn't provide enough flexibility for temperature settings.
Get the label fairly hot, then use a razor scrapper to get under the label, lift it up, then use your thumb to grasp it and pull it off while still applying heat. Lift slowly so it doesn't tear.

If it is one of those security labels where the word "void" (or similar) is left behind, there isn't anything you can do but use a solvent to remove what was left over. frown.gif
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom63376 View Post

I got my TViX today.. Only 4 days to get it from Korea. I'm too tired from working 12 hours so I will set it up tomorrow.

That's great. Glad to hear that you got your TViX quickly from Korea.

I posted my first impressions and some info on the hard drive install and format in the TViX forum if you are interested. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1195962/official-dvico-tvix-m6620n-hd-atsc-qam-tuner-topic
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom63376 View Post

Now if I can figure out how to get that sticker off the top without ruining the top plate.

If the top plate is metal, a bit of WD40 works wonders on sticky/gummy adhesives. If the top plate is plastic the WD40 may work, but test it on an inconspicuous are first . . .
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

If the top plate is metal, a bit of WD40 works wonders on sticky/gummy adhesives. If the top plate is plastic the WD40 may work, but test it on an inconspicuous are first . . .

Goo Gone is likely another option to remove any residue from the sticker.
post #46 of 47
OK. I just peeled this sticker off. It came off easily in one piece, no chemicals required. The challenge was to get under one edge with my fingernail. After getting under the sticker, it came off without issue. No residue, no damage.
post #47 of 47

If you are in the Houston area, you can pick up an Airbox HD DVR for $149.99.  It has a 250GB hardrive, on-screen guide and a programable remote.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Recorders
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Recorders › Which OTA DVR? Prime PHD-VRX or Channel Master 7400?