or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Ray Donovan on SHO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ray Donovan on SHO - Page 7

post #181 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post

My impression is Avi was taking the money to Sully for the Mickey hit. Sucks, if that is what he is doing, that Ray is using his brothers money to have the old man offed.

Yes, but it's untraceable cash, it was a perfect opportunity.
post #182 of 252
Thread Starter 
Last night's episode was brutal. The strangling scene was graphic eek.gif

No bunchy or Frances drama this week.
post #183 of 252
I kept thinking that Mickey was gonna stab the FBI guy while they were drinking with those white handled scissors on his desk as they keep them in the shots for the longest time , when he stood up & faced the wall to admire his photos I was expecting Mickey to stab him
the gun shot then totally surprised the crap outta me . The writers were setting us up to thinking a stabbing was coming L O L
As soon as I heard/realized that Mickey understood that the FBI was on loner investigation , the guy was soon to be dead .
I told my wife at the time that Mickey would kill him just to keep his movie writing career intact & then he did kill him . rolleyes.gif
post #184 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I kept thinking that Mickey was gonna stab the FBI guy while they were drinking with those white handled scissors on his desk as they keep them in the shots for the longest time , when he stood up & faced the wall to admire his photos I was expecting Mickey to stab him
the gun shot then totally surprised the crap outta me . The writers were setting us up to thinking a stabbing was coming L O L
As soon as I heard/realized that Mickey understood that the FBI was on loner investigation , the guy was soon to be dead .
I told my wife at the time that Mickey would kill him just to keep his movie writing career intact & then he did kill him . rolleyes.gif

+1. I thought the same thing with the scissors. The gun shot made me and my wife jump, so cool! We really enjoy the show.
post #185 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Last night's episode was brutal. The strangling scene was graphic eek.gif

Earlier last night I saw God Bless America so I wasn't all that prepared to see another one. I think it was shocking how real it looked and that it was James Woods (he's really aged)

Also foreign for Voight to be playing such a bad guy. I don't know him as one.
post #186 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I kept thinking that Mickey was gonna stab the FBI guy while they were drinking with those white handled scissors on his desk as they keep them in the shots for the longest time , when he stood up & faced the wall to admire his photos I was expecting Mickey to stab him
the gun shot then totally surprised the crap outta me . The writers were setting us up to thinking a stabbing was coming L O L
As soon as I heard/realized that Mickey understood that the FBI was on loner investigation , the guy was soon to be dead .
I told my wife at the time that Mickey would kill him just to keep his movie writing career intact & then he did kill him . rolleyes.gif
It was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Mick would kill him once he found out the guy was on his own. Nice touch with the blood spraying across Ray's photo. The strangulation was brutal but also funny as Sully complained he was too old and that he was going to get a hernia.
post #187 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post

It was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Mick would kill him once he found out the guy was on his own. Nice touch with the blood spraying across Ray's photo. The strangulation was brutal but also funny as Sully complained he was too old and that he was going to get a hernia.
Yeah , I also found that really funny that even in the end as he was killing her , he was still complaining at her . tongue.gif
post #188 of 252
Thread Starter 
Re: The 2-week hiatus:

On a positive note, there's a new Drugs, Inc. on NatGeo-HD. They're going to be in my city! Houston, Texas biggrin.gif
Episode titled "High in Houston."
post #189 of 252
We got our Showtime back!!! Time for a Ray Donovan marathon this weekend!!! biggrin.gif
post #190 of 252
Thread Starter 
Enjoy yourself biggrin.gif

RD is an awesome show. Very underrated
post #191 of 252
Thread Starter 
Gosh damn! This episode was strikingly well done. Masterpiece.

I am a little confused about Ray's and Sully's old girlfriend Colleen. Sean Walker killed her, right? Did Ray hire Sean Walker to kill her because Ray found out Sully was sleeping with her.
Thanks for any input.

Hopefully Bunchy did not jump. He would be going the same way as his sister frown.gif
post #192 of 252
That is how you spend the weekend. We had 4 to catch up on, did a marathon, it was like watching a movie. Sooo glad we got caught up. Just love this show.
post #193 of 252
Thread Starter 
Felt bad for the lady who got shot as she was with Micky. I knew she was going down even when Sully let her go.

Wonder what's going to happen with Sean Walker's baby. I know Ray wanted another offspring this episode, maybe they'll adopt the baby? The baby's not a true Donovan though.
post #194 of 252
That episode was especially brutal, almost Sopranos level brutal. felt sorry for the girl, talk about about wrong place at the wrong time!
Sully was paid to do a job and he should have followed through.
post #195 of 252
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post

That episode was especially brutal, almost Sopranos level brutal. felt sorry for the girl, talk about about wrong place at the wrong time!
Sully was paid to do a job and he should have followed through.

Agreed. Maybe even get Sean Walker's name from Micky and then kill him. I was surprised when the plan fell through.

I wonder how much money Ray & Co. gave Sully. Can't be too much as it was only one duffel bag. Maybe a million?
post #196 of 252
Well it had to be enough to make Sully feel like he could start a new life. Ray got Bunchy's money back from the house, which if memory serves, sold for around $750,000 or so so I would say a million sounds about right.
post #197 of 252
Best episode of the season.

The only thing that didn't make sense was Sully leaving Mickey alive... he knows too much. Not doing the job leaves too many loose ends: Mickey is alive, which isn't what Ray wants, and Ray is the one who provided the passports for Sully to get out of the country. Also, Mickey sold Sully's family down the river, so just because Mickey didn't kill Colleen, he's suddenly not upset with him anymore? He killed the woman with Mickey for less.

Everything else was fantastic, including how it brought all the storylines together.
post #198 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

Best episode of the season.

The only thing that didn't make sense was Sully leaving Mickey alive... he knows too much. Not doing the job leaves too many loose ends: Mickey is alive, which isn't what Ray wants, and Ray is the one who provided the passports for Sully to get out of the country. Also, Mickey sold Sully's family down the river, so just because Mickey didn't kill Colleen, he's suddenly not upset with him anymore? He killed the woman with Mickey for less.

Everything else was fantastic, including how it brought all the storylines together.
I thought the episode was terrible for all the reasons you mentioned in regard to Mickey/ Sully plus he stole half a mill off him and he is still working for the FBI. And Sully is mad about Colleen because this was someone he was sleeping with while she was with Ray? Do I have that right? I can't stand Ray's wife. Any episode with a lot of screen time for her is for me a waste. What about the FBI guy that Mickey killed? Leaving the baby behind for Ray was a nice touch. Makes me wonder if Ray's house is tapped since he was trying to convince Abbie to have another kid. Unless she is in cahoots with Sully or Mickey.
post #199 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post

I thought the episode was terrible for all the reasons you mentioned in regard to Mickey/ Sully plus he stole half a mill off him and he is still working for the FBI. And Sully is mad about Colleen because this was someone he was sleeping with while she was with Ray? Do I have that right? I can't stand Ray's wife. Any episode with a lot of screen time for her is for me a waste. What about the FBI guy that Mickey killed? Leaving the baby behind for Ray was a nice touch. Makes me wonder if Ray's house is tapped since he was trying to convince Abbie to have another kid. Unless she is in cahoots with Sully or Mickey.

I agree with you. Ray's wife grates on me and she needs to shut up for awhile.

Sully had said numerous times that Ray's father destroyed his life, his family, etc. and then it all comes down to him being mad about a girl he was cheating with? Kind of lame he let him go but we knew it would happen. We highly doubt they would kill off a main talent like John in a show like this, they need the big name talent, he was safe.
post #200 of 252

I agree about the potential for killing Mickey - it was never going to happen and the way they handled it was far too drawn out just to get where they did.  You just knew they were going to come up with a reason Sully stops so all the suspense building that up wasn't very suspenseful.  The multi-arc results that sets up are interesting for future stories, but they could have gotten to it much easier.  I don't know what it is about the wife that upsets you guys, but I don't like her character either.  As for Bunchy jumping, the previews answered that but some don't watch them for that very reason.

post #201 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

I agree about the potential for killing Mickey - it was never going to happen and the way they handled it was far too drawn out just to get where they did.  You just knew they were going to come up with a reason Sully stops so all the suspense building that up wasn't very suspenseful.  The multi-arc results that sets up are interesting for future stories, but they could have gotten to it much easier.  I don't know what it is about the wife that upsets you guys, but I don't like her character either.  As for Bunchy jumping, the previews answered that but some don't watch them for that very reason.
The wife is always hated on these type of shows look at all the hate for ;
Carmela on the "Sopranos "
Skyler on "Breaking Bad "
Both of these female character roles generated a huge amount of hate in the fans on these shows rolleyes.gif
post #202 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

I don't know what it is about the wife that upsets you guys, but I don't like her character either.

I hate that she CONTINUES to ask questions that she doesn't really want the answers to.

"What are you doing, Ray?"
"Why are you so secretive, Ray?"
"Why is there a handcuff in the apartment that I broke into because I don't trust you, Ray?"
"Why is that shifty looking guy here, Ray?"
"Why do you have a gun, Ray?"
"Where does our family get all this money, Ray?"
"Why do you get upset when I hang out with your father, even though you've told me numerous times that he's a really really really really really really bad guy, Ray?"
"Why don't I listen to you when you tell me to not do something, Ray?"

She's like a broken record, and Ray isn't going to answer any of those questions. She keeps on asking them though, but if Ray ever answered truthfully she wouldn't like the real answers. I think the fact that she continues to want her children to have a relationship with Mickey, when it is painfully obvious to the viewer that Mickey is a grade-A criminal, is what makes her so frustrating to me. Sure, Ray could just say "He's a murderer, Abbie!" but she won't listen.
post #203 of 252
Well the men in these shows are the central characters and the show isn't about their relationships but rather their work, usually their criminal activities.

So there's not much for the wives to do, other than to be nags, to be the conscience of the family.

But aren't wives of criminals basically quiet silent partners? They don't go after the husband about anything, as long as they provide a great lifestyle for the family.

Only interesting thing is that Livia Soprano would wear down her psychopathic husband, who's prone to severe violence.
post #204 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

I hate that she CONTINUES to ask questions that she doesn't really want the answers to.

"What are you doing, Ray?"
"Why are you so secretive, Ray?"
"Why is there a handcuff in the apartment that I broke into because I don't trust you, Ray?"
"Why is that shifty looking guy here, Ray?"
"Why do you have a gun, Ray?"
"Where does our family get all this money, Ray?"
"Why do you get upset when I hang out with your father, even though you've told me numerous times that he's a really really really really really really bad guy, Ray?"
"Why don't I listen to you when you tell me to not do something, Ray?"

She's like a broken record, and Ray isn't going to answer any of those questions. She keeps on asking them though, but if Ray ever answered truthfully she wouldn't like the real answers. I think the fact that she continues to want her children to have a relationship with Mickey, when it is painfully obvious to the viewer that Mickey is a grade-A criminal, is what makes her so frustrating to me. Sure, Ray could just say "He's a murderer, Abbie!" but she won't listen.

Agreed. She knows Ray does some crazy/not so legal stuff, she has to know. Shut up and accept it, or leave the marriage, you know what you are in for, stopping asking constantly where are you going Ray, has he ever answered that?
post #205 of 252
I actually thought that Mickey might get it because I figuered that if Jon Voight was signed for only one season (I have no idea) that they would have to kill him off. Voight seems to be relishing his role, is nailing his character, and this just seems like a perfect part for him. I hope he sticks around at least for awhile. As for Ray's wife, I just remember her as Trixie getting out of Al Swearingen's bed in ithe first episode of Deadwood and all is forgiven. biggrin.gif
post #206 of 252
Oh, that's who she was.
post #207 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post

I thought the episode was terrible for all the reasons you mentioned in regard to Mickey/ Sully plus he stole half a mill off him and he is still working for the FBI. And Sully is mad about Colleen because this was someone he was sleeping with while she was with Ray? Do I have that right? I can't stand Ray's wife. Any episode with a lot of screen time for her is for me a waste. What about the FBI guy that Mickey killed? Leaving the baby behind for Ray was a nice touch. Makes me wonder if Ray's house is tapped since he was trying to convince Abbie to have another kid. Unless she is in cahoots with Sully or Mickey.
Yeah, the wife is so motherly, about family, and whines about Ray's "business"--but the bitch still wants a big house, eh?
post #208 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhopkins View Post

I actually thought that Mickey might get it because I figuered that if Jon Voight was signed for only one season (I have no idea) that they would have to kill him off. Voight seems to be relishing his role, is nailing his character, and this just seems like a perfect part for him. I hope he sticks around at least for awhile. As for Ray's wife, I just remember her as Trixie getting out of Al Swearingen's bed in ithe first episode of Deadwood and all is forgiven. biggrin.gif

We laugh so much at Jon's performance, it is so odd seeing him act like that and his lines. So different for an actor of his caliber but a highlight of the series for us too.
post #209 of 252
Thread Starter 
Holy cow! Extra outstanding episode. This show, man eek.gif

Next week is the season finale. Don't want to see it go
post #210 of 252
Ray's got Dads gun now, the one he shot the FBI agent with... he's going down for that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Ray Donovan on SHO