or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Projector Manufacturer refurbished
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Projector Manufacturer refurbished

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Projector Manufacturer refurbished Good or Bad?
post #2 of 11
if the price is right and it has a full manufacturer warranty, they can be a good bargain.

JVC does 'B' stock refurbished for a great deal from time to time. The issues they are sent in for are usually minor like a stuck lens door and the devices are in otherwise near brand new condition.
post #3 of 11
I just took a chance on a refurb... Has a loud fan can blacks are gray at best.... horrible experience. i wont do it again
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpml View Post

I just took a chance on a refurb... Has a loud fan can blacks are gray at best.... horrible experience. i wont do it again

My Refurb experiences over many years have been the polar opposite!

Call me skeptical but I wouldn't think the projector being refurbished would have anything to do with loud fan noise and particularly poor black levels? confused.gif

Not to say that your fan noise issue was not a defect in your case but those issues are more likely due to the projectors inherent limitations and the black levels could possibly be improved via proper calibration! What kind of refurbished projector did you purchase and from where? Did you address the fan issue with the seller? confused.gif

I could possibly sometime have a bad experience but I have had GREAT overall experiences with all kinds of refurbished equipment! You just have to purchase from a reputable source and look CLOSELY at the warranty.

I look for refurbished goods with a FULL normal length warranty and so far everything I have purchased has been as indistinguishable from new and I have saved LOTS of money! eek.gif

As you can probably tell, I am a BIG proponent of refurb goods!

Caveat Emptor! wink.gif


...Glenn smile.gif
Edited by Glenn Baumann - 4/14/13 at 4:14pm
post #5 of 11
I'm with Glenn, as long as it has manufacturers warranty a refurb is a great deal. I bought a refurb Vivitek H5082 at less than 1/2 the going street price and it has worked flawlessly. Plus, if anything is wrong, it is covered.

Mike
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post

I'm with Glenn, as long as it has manufacturers warranty a refurb is a great deal. I bought a refurb Vivitek H5082 at less than 1/2 the going street price and it has worked flawlessly. Plus, if anything is wrong, it is covered.

Mike

We have very few issues with refurb projectors. The percentage is no higher than new projectors.
Reply
Reply
post #7 of 11
I have had great success with refurbs. You know they have been checked out by a service tech. New ones are only spot checked. If the warranty and bulb are new, I look at it as a new unit.
post #8 of 11
Warranty is key with any refurb,but i myself have had good deals through buying demo or refurb items with warranty. Just like last year i got a pioneer sc-37 DOA ,but got totally sorted out with warranty,

I doubt any A/V item can be bad just because its a refurb,the same thing can as easily happen with new goods,i've had as much going wrong with refurb as new items= very little.smile.gif
post #9 of 11
Sorry, been a couple days.. i bought a HC6800 ... and while i had read the blacks "arn't great", they arn't even black.. they are more of a milky gray. And yeah the loud fan is probably not the fault of being refurb. I am going try to call mitsu again tomorrow.. they wouldn't answer the phone today..
Edited by Rpml - 4/16/13 at 4:49pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpml View Post

Sorry, been a couple days.. i bought a HC6800 ... and while i had read the blacks "arn't great", they arn't even black.. they are more of a milky gray. And yeah the loud fan is probably not the fault of being refurb. I am going try to call mitsu again tomorrow.. they wouldn't answer the phone today..

Technology has way passed that projector. Give us a call if we can help you.
Reply
Reply
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Technology has way passed that projector. Give us a call if we can help you.

Thanks mike.. but if i can't get my back from this one (which it looks like) i am just going to move it to the PS3 for playing hockey and put my old hc3800 back up.. which honestly is a much better projector
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Projector Manufacturer refurbished