or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 56

post #1651 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagos1103gr1 View Post

Hello, I have a question. I want to buy the philips hue light. Do I need the starter kit with the harmony ultimate or just the bulb and I can control with the hub of the ultimate?

Hi vagos1103gr1,

You will need the hue starter kit, which comes with the hue bridge. The Harmony Hub communicates with the hue bridge to control your lights.

Regards,

Sylvain
post #1652 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWH1 View Post

Yea, I discussed that with the CS Rep and he felt that it was related to the hub dropping in and out. The behavior of the hub was very erratic yesterday and the things it responded to vs. didn't respond to were an exercise in frustration. I also had issue with the hub outside of the cabinet. So, all's well now and its all returned to the way I initially had it placed. Its almost as if the iPhone would wake it up then it would just stop responding again with the remote and iPhone.

Glad to hear things are working again.

If this happens again, please send us your hub logs for us to look at. This can be done on your remote by simultaneously pressing and holding the .- and # buttons for 10 seconds, or from the app by selecting Settings > Customer Support > Send logs from Harmony Hub.

Once that's done, please send me a PM with your MyHarmony ID and we'll retrieve these logs for inspection.

Thanks!

Sylvain
post #1653 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagos1103gr1 View Post

Hello, I have a question. I want to buy the philips hue light. Do I need the starter kit with the harmony ultimate or just the bulb and I can control with the hub of the ultimate?

You need the starter kit because the hue system has its own hub that has to be hard wired (Ethernet) to your router.
post #1654 of 1828
Any other good lighting options than hue?
post #1655 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamez View Post

Any other good lighting options than hue?

I like my X-10 system that is comprised of various brands of X-10 language switches
post #1656 of 1828
X10 works great with my setup, I have been using Z10 for 20 years, the problem now is finding an IR-543 receiver to work between the X10 modules & Switches and your Harmony remote. X10 stopped making them a couple of years ago, and if you find any on eBay, you will pay a premium price.
post #1657 of 1828
With the X10 can you turn on or off the lights if you are not home?
post #1658 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post

With the X10 can you turn on or off the lights if you are not home?

Yes, with an X-10 Timer
http://www.amazon.com/X10-MT13A-64-Event-Mini-Timer/dp/B005G57GIS
post #1659 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

X10 works great with my setup, I have been using Z10 for 20 years, the problem now is finding an IR-543 receiver to work between the X10 modules & Switches and your Harmony remote. X10 stopped making them a couple of years ago, and if you find any on eBay, you will pay a premium price.

I purchased my first X-10 device (BSR) from Sears about 34 years ago
post #1660 of 1828
My first one was from Radio Shack, called Powerhouse, I still have a couple of those units and are still working in my setup
post #1661 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

Yes, with an X-10 Timer
http://www.amazon.com/X10-MT13A-64-Event-Mini-Timer/dp/B005G57GIS
That's old school. This is much better:
http://www.amazon.com/CM15A-ActiveHome-X10-Pro-2-way/dp/B0034JYZ8W/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

It can do any kind of timers and macros you can imagine, all programmed from your PC. Worked great for years, but is now in my closet collecting dust along with most of my other X10 stuff.
post #1662 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

That's old school. This is much better:
http://www.amazon.com/CM15A-ActiveHome-X10-Pro-2-way/dp/B0034JYZ8W/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

It can do any kind of timers and macros you can imagine, all programmed from your PC. Worked great for years, but is now in my closet collecting dust along with most of my other X10 stuff.

Have that also, and it worked ok when I had my PC, which I do not have any longer, and that software is not compatible with Mac IOS
Edited by CaptMike - 2/12/14 at 10:40am
post #1663 of 1828
Can you leave the ultimate on the charging dock all night or do you have to keep an eye on it to not overcharge?
post #1664 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post

Can you leave the ultimate on the charging dock all night or do you have to
keep an eye on it to not overcharge?

Do not have to keep eyes on it.
post #1665 of 1828
Hi,

I am considering buying the Smart Control and use app and hard button remote for control, I have a Lutron IR Dimmer, it possible to learn commands on the smart control?

Also I have blinds that have an RF control, is it possible to do a list of commands RF and IR e.g dim lights(IR), close blinds(RF) and switch TV input (IR)?

Thanks

Steve
post #1666 of 1828
Universal remotes don't work on RF devices. So it will control everything except your blinds.
post #1667 of 1828
Hello all,

Has anyone spliced the IR Blaster wire for the purpose of extending it to another location? I want to extend the wire about 40ft in order for the hub to control my Lutron IR light dimmer that's located in an enclosed staircase. I'm guessing the Blaster features a 2 wire configuration?

FYI: I'm using a Harmony Smart Control. From what little (brief) info I've came across indicates that headphone cable extenders won't work due to jack size. Thanks for any help!
post #1668 of 1828
Yep, it's two-wire. My dad extended his about 25 feet without issue.
post #1669 of 1828
That's just what I was hoping to hear smile.gif


Thanks
post #1670 of 1828

NEED HELP!!! NEED TO CONTROL HTPC VIA HARMONY ULTIMATE!!

 

Ok I have read all 56 pages of this thread. I am looking for the best way to control my PC via my harmony ultimate. I need to be able to control the mouse pointer as well.

 

I have looked up many ways. I am aware of the use of ps3blumote that can be found here:

 

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Ultimate-Harmony-Smart/Control-PC-with-the-Harmony-Ultimate-Bluetooth-or-Wireless/td-p/1035875

 

(see message 3 of 30)

 

But that does'nt suit me as mouse control is limited or non existent.

 

I am now experimenting with the purchase of a cheap MCE edition remote, namely an Ortek one. I still believe I will have trouble with mouse control, I will need help uploading the mouse Hex codes I have read about here:

 

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Remotes/Logitech-Harmony-Touch-on-Windows-7-IR-receiver-suggestions/td-p/1018731/page/2

 

(see message 15 0f 20)

 

and here:

 

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/complete/thread.cgi?4689

 

(see post 3)

 

This is the remote I have purchased and are waiting for delivery:

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220839268649?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

 

I have also purchased this if all else fails:

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400489542114?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

 

I am hoping that the Ortek Hex codes have already been updated but I wont know until I get the remote and try it!

 

There is no explanation as of to how the mouse is controlled though, whether it is using a numerical pad or the direction keys on the logitech remote.

 

The ideal scenario is to control the mouse using a cursor on the touch screen, much like the Wii function. I have managed to pair a Wii remote with my PC and have found software to control the mouse with the Wii remote, however, I have not been able to pair the Logitech remote (Touch remote that comes as part of the Ultimate package) as a Wii remote with my PC. It does not get recognized by bluetooth. It must be to do with the device code.

 

 

I really would like to be able to control the mouse using a cursor on the touch screen but I'm unsure of any way to do this!

 

If this cant be done I am happy to use the Ortek remote solution I have found but again I will need help on the Hex codes for mouse control and even then, Im not sure how the remote will control the mouse!

 

Are gestures to control the mouse able to be created to control the mouse once I find some form of solution?

 

I have had mega trouble finding info on anyone having great success controlling their PC with the harmony ultimate. I even noticed in this thread nearly all comments regarding to PC control have not been responded to.

 

So my questions are:

 

Is there a solution to use the touch screen on the remote to control the mouse cursor?

 

Can anyone help me connect my Harmony ultimate to my PC via bluetooth and use the Wii touch pad cursor on the remote ? (I should be able to use the 3rd party software I have found to do this, I just need the remote to connect to the PC as a Wii remote!)

 

Has the Ortek remote been updated on the my harmony database to enable mouse control? (See above link for the Hex codes)

 

Does anyone else have another way I can achieve full PC mouse control with the harmony remote??

 

Will it be possible to use gestures to control the mouse if I am stuck with the Ortek method?

 

This issue looks to be queried by many so help would be great!!

 

HarmonySylvain I"m looking at YOU!!

 

Thanks to anyone who can help in advance! If these things can be answered, I'm sure many people will benefit from it!

post #1671 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by saginawjuggalo View Post

Hello all,

Has anyone spliced the IR Blaster wire for the purpose of extending it to another location? I want to extend the wire about 40ft in order for the hub to control my Lutron IR light dimmer that's located in an enclosed staircase. I'm guessing the Blaster features a 2 wire configuration?

FYI: I'm using a Harmony Smart Control. From what little (brief) info I've came across indicates that headphone cable extenders won't work due to jack size. Thanks for any help!

I actually cut mine, split the signal 3 ways and extended it for my lights and projector! It works just fine and yes it's 2 wires.
post #1672 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvisneau View Post

I actually cut mine, split the signal 3 ways and extended it for my lights and projector! It works just fine and yes it's 2 wires.

Even better news!

So now it looks as I'm not limited by the shorts cords, nor the number of IR Blasters I may need into the future. I can't imagine needing more than 6 (3 per port) cool.gif I always thought 2 ports was a cheap aspect of the hub. Now I'm hoping the hub's built-in IR Blaster will reach my projector without having to buy another external. (new location)

Time to get to work! eek.gif
post #1673 of 1828
I can't get my Harmony Smart Control to learn the Long Press of the Sleep button from a Logitech Squeezebox 3 Remote. When I try to teach it to the remote I either get an error saying that it can't learn the command or it just learns the Short Press Sleep command. While attempting to do this using the Harmony App from a Nexus 7 tablet... I ended up adding a couple extra Sleep commands which I now want to delete, but I can't find a way to do it from the App. Any hints as to how I can add Long Press commands from this remote to my Smart Control and on how to remove the extra commands that I added.

Thanks...
post #1674 of 1828
It is currently impossible to learn long press commands on newer harmony remotes (no raw learn capability in myharmony).
post #1675 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

It is currently impossible to learn long press commands on newer harmony remotes (no raw learn capability in myharmony).

Given that it's a "Logitech" remote could it be possible for the Harmony support folks to add a couple of those long press commands to the Squeezebox profile in my account?
post #1676 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpirate View Post

NEED HELP!!! NEED TO CONTROL HTPC VIA HARMONY ULTIMATE!!

Ok I have read all 56 pages of this thread. I am looking for the best way to control my PC via my harmony ultimate. I need to be able to control the mouse pointer as well.

I have looked up many ways. I am aware of the use of ps3blumote that can be found here:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Ultimate-Harmony-Smart/Control-PC-with-the-Harmony-Ultimate-Bluetooth-or-Wireless/td-p/1035875

(see message 3 of 30)

But that does'nt suit me as mouse control is limited or non existent.

I am now experimenting with the purchase of a cheap MCE edition remote, namely an Ortek one. I still believe I will have trouble with mouse control, I will need help uploading the mouse Hex codes I have read about here:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Remotes/Logitech-Harmony-Touch-on-Windows-7-IR-receiver-suggestions/td-p/1018731/page/2

(see message 15 0f 20)

and here:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/complete/thread.cgi?4689

(see post 3)

This is the remote I have purchased and are waiting for delivery:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220839268649?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I have also purchased this if all else fails:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400489542114?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I am hoping that the Ortek Hex codes have already been updated but I wont know until I get the remote and try it!

There is no explanation as of to how the mouse is controlled though, whether it is using a numerical pad or the direction keys on the logitech remote.

The ideal scenario is to control the mouse using a cursor on the touch screen, much like the Wii function. I have managed to pair a Wii remote with my PC and have found software to control the mouse with the Wii remote, however, I have not been able to pair the Logitech remote (Touch remote that comes as part of the Ultimate package) as a Wii remote with my PC. It does not get recognized by bluetooth. It must be to do with the device code.


I really would like to be able to control the mouse using a cursor on the touch screen but I'm unsure of any way to do this!

If this cant be done I am happy to use the Ortek remote solution I have found but again I will need help on the Hex codes for mouse control and even then, Im not sure how the remote will control the mouse!

Are gestures to control the mouse able to be created to control the mouse once I find some form of solution?

I have had mega trouble finding info on anyone having great success controlling their PC with the harmony ultimate. I even noticed in this thread nearly all comments regarding to PC control have not been responded to.

So my questions are:

Is there a solution to use the touch screen on the remote to control the mouse cursor?

Can anyone help me connect my Harmony ultimate to my PC via bluetooth and use the Wii touch pad cursor on the remote ? (I should be able to use the 3rd party software I have found to do this, I just need the remote to connect to the PC as a Wii remote!)

Has the Ortek remote been updated on the my harmony database to enable mouse control? (See above link for the Hex codes)

Does anyone else have another way I can achieve full PC mouse control with the harmony remote??

Will it be possible to use gestures to control the mouse if I am stuck with the Ortek method?

This issue looks to be queried by many so help would be great!!

HarmonySylvain I"m looking at YOU!!

Thanks to anyone who can help in advance! If these things can be answered, I'm sure many people will benefit from it!

Hi elpirate,

We currently do not offer integrated mouse control over HTPCs. As you've read, there are lots of solutions out there that allow this, or get you close, but I can unfortunately not speak to any of them as I have not tried them myself.

From what I can see, the Ortek Media Center PC device (VRC-1100) does contain the commands mentioned in this post

Controlling the mouse via gestures might be an option, but please remember that our 'motion' gesture are limited to 4 directions (up, down, left and right -- no diagonals) so this would make controlling a cursor via gestures rather awkward.

Regards,

Sylvain
post #1677 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamanaco View Post

Given that it's a "Logitech" remote could it be possible for the Harmony support folks to add a couple of those long press commands to the Squeezebox profile in my account?

Hi tamanaco,

Please PM me your myharmony email ID and I'll see what I can do with out data guys. Password is not required.

Thanks

Sylvain
post #1678 of 1828
Thread Starter 
Has anybody had any luck with using the IR input on the back of a FiOS Motorola QIP7232? I've found a number of references to it and all seem to indicate that the IR input can be used with a variety of IR extenders and the like, but it's not responding to anything from my Hub. I've tried a couple of different cables and nothing happens when they are plugged in.
post #1679 of 1828
any indication from sony about supporting bluetooth so these remotes work on the ps4 in a future firmware update? i know they currently support bluetooth mice and keyboard mad.gif
Edited by henhowc - 2/17/14 at 2:39am
post #1680 of 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by henhowc View Post

any indication from sony about supporting bluetooth so these remotes work on the ps4 in a future firmware update? i know they currently support bluetooth mic and keyboard mad.gif

Also patiently waiting for this - I believe this is more of a ps4 issue than Logitech though. Currently there are no remote solutions whatsoever except for using hdmi arc which is crap - pretty frustrating
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Remote Control Area
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub