or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 28

post #811 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.bradford View Post

No. They require the new, and less capable MyHarmony site and the MicroSoft Silverlight plugin. )c:

The Harmony Remote Software and MyHarmony platforms are close to each other in terms of feature parity.

HEX import and RAW learning aside (those are the big ones), I'd love to hear what features people feel are missing on MyHarmony compared to the Remote Software. They may already be available, but hidden somewhere within MyHarmony. If they aren't available, we can use your thoughts to inform our product roadmap.

Thanks,

Sylvain
post #812 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by psd76 View Post

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question but I am having trouble with my Harmony Ultimate. It won't go into sleep mode and the lines on top of the touchscreen don't stop moving. It's like the remote is constantly working. It still functions properly but just won't sleep. I also lost the manual keypad function and the other page with manual functions on it. I only have access to favorites and home on the touchscreen. Thanks. I tried the forums on the harmony site with no luck.

Hi psd76

Please try rebooting your remote by pressing and holding the Off button for 10 seconds. This should put your remote back in working condition. If your number screen is still missing, you may also want to try syncing it with your Harmony account again.

Regards,

Sylvain
post #813 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post

Well, after a brief visit to my harmony, it appears that there is little that can be accomplished there over twiddling with the device itself...so does this mean the "device" button layout cannot be modified at all?

This is extremely important to me, as, for example, the "cursor" screen does not work on my popcorn hour activity and I figured I could at least set one up (a PROPER cursor screen- the existing one is on different pages rolleyes.gif) in the "device" area? Well I guess I could duplicate my own PCH cursor on another page of the PCH activity.

James[/quoteWith all of Harmony remotes, it has never been possible to change the order of devices, as they appear on your remote. With some remotes such as the One, depending on what activity your wer in, the devices that are used in that activity will appear first in the devices list.
post #814 of 1822
My experience, two weeks or less, gives me a love hate relationship.
Cons:
1.I like the instantaneous on/off. However sometimes Xbox or PS3 does not Start. So its either Press again and hope for the best. A Help button would be handy.
2. Use it with my Nexus 7. However size is large for a hand held remote. So I find it a nuisance. Trying to get a small 3rd generation ipod for $40
3. Devices are spread out over three pages. So I use my 650 for Devices.
3. Cannot modify buttons on the Nexus.
4. Hand held remote is rather cramped and, since I've reconfigured all buttons for each Acitivity. Have trouble remembering them.
5. With no background lighting the attached remote can be a pain especially for a "fiddler" like me.

Pro:
1. Darn good value. $49.99 at Costco, Vancouver. Went in 1 hour. Cheaper than my 650. Think they had a batch of 30.
2. Its RF. So although I don't need RF it beats the heck out of pointing for 1 minute.

For all the cons I like it. The small remote is excellently constructed and the buttons have a nice solid click.
post #815 of 1822
HarmonySylvain,

I'd really like to see a few changes.
1) I'd like to be able to delete more buttons. I never use the number pad so I'd like to be able to delete it.
2) I don't like the non changeable commands on the Activities. I'd like to be able to modify how long those commands are input and delete some of these steps (can't get the hang of it via the device tab). In fact I can't get my activities to turn on my tv. Have to do that through the device buttons.

At this point that's it. I've only had this for a few days.

Thanks for listening.
Edited by vsrt1012 - 10/4/13 at 12:25am
post #816 of 1822
Maybe I'm missing something but I'm still trying to figure out how to configure Favorite Channels to the Smart control App.smile.gif
post #817 of 1822
You add Favorites in the MyHarmony.com setup, they only work in the App and not on the Smart control remote
post #818 of 1822
Thanks
post #819 of 1822
I picked up an ultimate hub recently, and I was wondering if there was a way to use a regular ir remote, or my old Harmony 650 with it? I really do like having a physical remote, which means I should have gotten the smart control bundle.

Or is there a way I can purchase just the smart control and pair it with my hub?
post #820 of 1822
Still having trouble. The activity button won't turn on my TV. I can turn the TV on using the help command after i try the activity or using the power command on the device section. I can not figure this out.

Tried playing with the delay etc but nothing seems to work. Logitech forums aren't much help so I hoping someone here can help (as usual).

Thanks
post #821 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasu View Post

I picked up an ultimate hub recently, and I was wondering if there was a way to use a regular ir remote, or my old Harmony 650 with it? I really do like having a physical remote, which means I should have gotten the smart control bundle.

Or is there a way I can purchase just the smart control and pair it with my hub?
To answer all of your questions with one word, the answer is no.
post #822 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

To answer all of your questions with one word, the answer is no.

Ah, that kinda sucks. I'll probably try and find a touch somewhere on sale or something then.
post #823 of 1822
I do have another question though, I'd like a better way of setting up my HP MCE remote. lsusb tells me its a "TopSeed Technology Corp. eHome Infrared Transceiver". I managed to get it working by selecting Microsoft Media Center PC, but myharmony and the on device software complain its unsupported.

I'd like to have a more customized and streamlined configuration for it, without that complaint. Because its controlling a PC, it can do more than just control a media center app (in this case, xbmc).
post #824 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

The H I'd love to hear what features people feel are missing on MyHarmony compared to the Remote Software. They may already be available, but hidden somewhere within MyHarmony. If they aren't available, we can use your thoughts to inform our product roadmap.

Sylvain

I would like to see support for Belkin Wemo switches, or any other type of inexpensive outlet switch.
post #825 of 1822
How do I set it up so my xfinity box never turns off.I cant figure out how to set it up under the activities menu in the software??
With this new box you have to type in channel # and then press ok,so when I hit my favorites icons I have to hit ok after the icon.Is there a work around for that so u only have to hit the icon?
post #826 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by jong1 View Post

But you can import settings from other remotes, right? Like my H900?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jong1 View Post

Hi. I've seen this question posed before, but not seen an answer. Can the Hub be powered from a USB port for normal use, with a USB to Micro-USB cable? I know the Hub uses a Micro-USB connector but I understand the power supply shipped uses a non-USB voltage (5.15V?).
To answer my own questions, now I have my Ultimate, a USB port seems to power the hub perfectly. No need to use the supplied power supply.

And, despite some documentation that seems to argue the opposite, MyHarmony DOES offer to migrate settings from the Harmony 900. It only seems to copy the device codes, device delays, and which devices are associated with which activity - button layout/association for both devices and activities has to be redone - but still a good start!
post #827 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

Hi sanderdvd,

What you are experiencing is actually a bug in our MyHarmony platform. Changes to device mode screen commands made on MyHarmony should be saved but they currently are not.

This will be fixed in our next release. In them meantime, it is possible to reorder the commands directly on your Ultimate and bring the most used ones to the top, as you have already found.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Sylvain
Is this already fixed?
post #828 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

Is this already fixed?
Not yet
post #829 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

Not yet
Bummer. This is a pretty big problem if you cannot remove buttons if you ask me.
post #830 of 1822
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasu View Post

I do have another question though, I'd like a better way of setting up my HP MCE remote. lsusb tells me its a "TopSeed Technology Corp. eHome Infrared Transceiver". I managed to get it working by selecting Microsoft Media Center PC, but myharmony and the on device software complain its unsupported.

I'd like to have a more customized and streamlined configuration for it, without that complaint. Because its controlling a PC, it can do more than just control a media center app (in this case, xbmc).

Tomasu, I had similar issues when I imported my configuration in and had a media center PC (XMBC on linux with a MCE remote) in there. I got a stupid warning all the time in myharmony even though everything was fine. At the suggestion of some else I tried setting it up as a "Windows Media Center SE" device. That device has a good set of IR codes and doesn't give a warning.
post #831 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrt1012 View Post

Still having trouble. The activity button won't turn on my TV. I can turn the TV on using the help command after i try the activity or using the power command on the device section. I can not figure this out.

Tried playing with the delay etc but nothing seems to work. Logitech forums aren't much help so I hoping someone here can help (as usual).

Thanks

Vsrt1012 - please PM me your login email ID - password is not needed - and we'll take a look to see what's happening with your TV

Thanks

Sylvain
post #832 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasu View Post

I do have another question though, I'd like a better way of setting up my HP MCE remote. lsusb tells me its a "TopSeed Technology Corp. eHome Infrared Transceiver". I managed to get it working by selecting Microsoft Media Center PC, but myharmony and the on device software complain its unsupported.

I'd like to have a more customized and streamlined configuration for it, without that complaint. Because its controlling a PC, it can do more than just control a media center app (in this case, xbmc).

Edit - hadn't seen Keith's reply yet smile.gif

Tomasu, exactly what does MyHarmony and the on device software (is this the Ultimate's LCD screen?) tell you?

You may want to try adding your PC as a Microsoft Windows Media Center SE device and see if things improve - this device has additional PC commands such as the Win+X keys, etc.
post #833 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by hltr View Post

I would like to see support for Belkin Wemo switches, or any other type of inexpensive outlet switch.

Thank you for your feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavone1976 View Post

How do I set it up so my xfinity box never turns off.I cant figure out how to set it up under the activities menu in the software??
With this new box you have to type in channel # and then press ok,so when I hit my favorites icons I have to hit ok after the icon.Is there a work around for that so u only have to hit the icon?

To set your cable box to never turn off, select it from your MyHarmony account's Devices tab and click Change Device Settings >> Power Settings >> I want to leave this device powered on all the time. Complete the wizard by keeping the remaining options default.

To send the 'Enter' or 'Ok' command after a Favorite Channel, select the Favorites tab and click 'Adjust how you change channels'. Select the 'Number + Enter or Select' option.

Don't forget to sync your remote after making these changes! smile.gif
post #834 of 1822
An update to the MyHarmony platform (v13.6) and Harmony app was released today.

The key update I feel you guys will be interested in is the ability to now copy settings over to a new remote from both a MyHarmony and a Remote Software account.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

Bummer. This is a pretty big problem if you cannot remove buttons if you ask me.

This issue has also been fixed.

Please refer to our release notes for more information.

Enjoy!

Sylvain
post #835 of 1822
Thanks for your help HarmonySylvain!
post #836 of 1822
So I thought I'd finally plunk down for a Harmony remote, purchasing an Ultimate.

I've.. had middling results. Out of my list of devices, half work.

Motorola QIP6416-2 - Yes
Sony Playstation 3 - Yes
Nintendo Wii U - Yes
Microsoft Xbox 360 - No
Motorola QIP6200-2 - No
Oppo BDP-93 - No
Panasonic TC-P50GT30 - No
Sony KDS-60A3000 - No
Integra DHC-80.3 - No
Apple TV 2 - No

Still need to buy an IR Receiver for the Boxee Box.

So, what am I missing? I ran into 0 issues finding devices in the database, adding them to activities, etc.. but the ones that are a no, none of their buttons work. Will try device version where I can later today.
post #837 of 1822
Thanks for the heads-up HarmonySylvain!

Can I request a feature for the next release:
- option to re-arrange the order of the devices list
post #838 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post

So I thought I'd finally plunk down for a Harmony remote, purchasing an Ultimate.

I've.. had middling results. Out of my list of devices, half work.

Motorola QIP6416-2 - Yes
Sony Playstation 3 - Yes
Nintendo Wii U - Yes
Microsoft Xbox 360 - No
Motorola QIP6200-2 - No
Oppo BDP-93 - No
Panasonic TC-P50GT30 - No
Sony KDS-60A3000 - No
Integra DHC-80.3 - No
Apple TV 2 - No

Still need to buy an IR Receiver for the Boxee Box.

So, what am I missing? I ran into 0 issues finding devices in the database, adding them to activities, etc.. but the ones that are a no, none of their buttons work. Will try device version where I can later today.

Hi kronik,

Where are these 7 non working devices located? It's possible that IR signals are not reaching them -- are they located in cabinets or out of sight from the hub? You may want to try using one of the IR mini blasters to reach those devices.
post #839 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

An update to the MyHarmony platform (v13.6) and Harmony app was released today.

The key update I feel you guys will be interested in is the ability to now copy settings over to a new remote from both a MyHarmony and a Remote Software account.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01
This issue has also been fixed.

Please refer to our release notes for more information.

Enjoy!

Sylvain

Does this update apply to the Smart control? If so, what do we have to do to update our systems? Just re-sync?
post #840 of 1822
So where is this new Update "Implemented Account Copy". Want to copy my settings for 650 from Software 7.70 to My Harmony but don't see any "Copy" picture as shown above.

Edit: I deleted my "Setup in Progress" of the 650 and set it up new. It then showed the "Copy" Menu. So I copied from my Software 7.7. It copied ALL WRONG. No FAVORITE CHANNELS and icons. The Pages were default settings and not like I had it.
I really don't feel like reconfiguring. Thank goods I could revert back to Version 7.7.mad.gif
Edited by insync44 - 10/9/13 at 10:05am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Remote Control Area
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub