or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › LG PA75U -Anybody else own one of LG's Abandoned Children?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG PA75U -Anybody else own one of LG's Abandoned Children? - Page 7

post #181 of 405
Also can someone explain to me about this projector and its refresh rate? it is DLP link 3D ready but seems to only have a 60hz Max. does that mean my 3d experience for gaming and PC monitor usage will suffer? The only 120hz displays and projectors seem to be the older HDMI 1.3 standard. however some new DLP projectors seem to offer 120hz at 720p or 1280x720,1280x800. I am kinda confused on the refresh rate on the LG PA75U. 60hz seems like it would flicker in 3d games and etc. any thoughts?
post #182 of 405
I'm planning to buy my own LG LED projector. May be its PA75U or PA70G as both has the same base level hardware for brightness. Now I would like to make sure that I don't get an demo product or the product which is used for a while even 2 days. There is a higher probability I may get a used product. Is there a way or by log I can see if the lamp is used before. I have heard that lamp usage hours are logged by the projector. I have read the PA70G user manual but I couldn't see something which answers my query.
post #183 of 405
What about the LG series of DLP 3D Projectors? I am getting the HDMI 1.4 standard LG PA75U unit and In the manual it supports single frame sequential and tons of other modes for 3d as well SBS T&B Field Alt, etc… Will using an EDID hack or bending the EDID pins work with any projector? Even the LG one I mentioned? I wonder if the PA75U supports undocumented 120hz modes like the Older HDMI 1.3 series LG PA70G… Any info would be awesome! thanks guys!
post #184 of 405
So you guys have helped me a lot and I think your super smart at this stuff. Thanks again for the help. On the LG PA75u have you messed with the TruMotion setting on Vivid or Standard color picture modes? You have a native res of 720p on the PA75U and that means no up scaling or down scaling is taking place for 720p console gaming content... I wanted to see how this compares to a 1080p projector in terms of input lag. Can you do me a favor and test something? Enable Trumotion and see if you get a smoother result WITHOUT input lag on console games? Try a few of your xbox 360 PS3 games and make sure your system is in 720p native mode in the settings so that no up scaling/down scaling is taking place. Then enable TruMotion and put it on USER setting and MAX out both sliders to 10 or max number value. After that go play a game and report to me if you experience any delay and lag in pushing buttons on the controller. If you can console game on this with TruMotion on MAX... I am sold... No TV has low lag with this TruMotion smoother option on. I found a 1080p 3d projector for $700 and I want to see if this LG might have a feature that I would want more than 1080p biggrin.gif thanks again!
post #185 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007india View Post

I'm planning to buy my own LG LED projector. May be its PA75U or PA70G as both has the same base level hardware for brightness. Now I would like to make sure that I don't get an demo product or the product which is used for a while even 2 days. There is a higher probability I may get a used product. Is there a way or by log I can see if the lamp is used before. I have heard that lamp usage hours are logged by the projector. I have read the PA70G user manual but I couldn't see something which answers my query.

Via "settings" -> "support" -> "product/service info" -> "used time"
post #186 of 405
I just wanna know if this is 120hz. 120hz 3d?
post #187 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Hersey View Post

I just wanna know if this is 120hz. 120hz 3d?

I don't know because, my computer will only do 60Hz. From what I've seen elsewhere it should be 120Hz 3D, as those are the glasses recommended I believe. BTW, I'm the same person you are asking on Amazon wink.gif
post #188 of 405
haha thats funny. i appreciate your help Ash does too. She wants to make sure it can handle 120hz for her PC gaming and I as Well... LG is beating around the bush. kinda pissing me off haha. If you could ever find out for me that would be awesome. Or if any other owner could that would be cool too.

Do you know about the differences in the old HDMI 1.3 and 1.4 3D formats?

120hz is needed for 3d I would think but maybe I am wrong and that only applies to older HDMI 1.3 Frame Sequential formats? Seems like the new 3D formats on HDMI 1.4 are all One "Framepacked" frame, Not 2 alternating sequential ones that essential NEED 60hz per eye which equates to 120hz total. See what I mean?

See what I mean?

I think HDMI 1.4 came along to make 3D possible for all the 3DTV units that came out after Avatar stormed the interests of 3D... I say this because ALL HDTVs & 3DTVs only accept a 60hz input MAX... NO TV or 3DTV can support 120hz True refresh rate or higher without using "Frame interpolation" trickery. It is my guess that the HDMI 1.4 "Framepacked" modes only NEED 60hz since thats the MAX refresh and frequency they specify...

1080p@24hz - Bluray Framepacked
720p@50/60hz Framepacked

Essentially ALL the 3D formats that use one FRAME to PACK 2 frames together only need 60hz total... NOT 60hz per eye... I think 120hz is only needed because of how demanding FRAME SEQUENTIAL formats are...

Sound right to you? I found NO info saying that this is correct...

Just my observations.

Oh and Also the Older HDMI 1.3/1.4 "On some models" CHECKERBOARD format seems to only use 60hz as well... It uses wobulation to display a ""compressed resolution" at 1 frame running 1080p@60hz...

I think this format is what all the other HDMI 1.4 framepacked ones are similar to. Including Side By Side and Top/Bottom, etc...
Edited by Jonathan Hersey - 6/18/13 at 7:15am
post #189 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Hersey View Post

haha thats funny. i appreciate your help Ash does too. She wants to make sure it can handle 120hz for her PC gaming and I as Well... LG is beating around the bush. kinda pissing me off haha. If you could ever find out for me that would be awesome. Or if any other owner could that would be cool too.

Do you know about the differences in the old HDMI 1.3 and 1.4 3D formats?

120hz is needed for 3d I would think but maybe I am wrong and that only applies to older HDMI 1.3 Frame Sequential formats? Seems like the new 3D formats on HDMI 1.4 are all One "Framepacked" frame, Not 2 alternating sequential ones that essential NEED 60hz per eye which equates to 120hz total. See what I mean?

See what I mean?

I think HDMI 1.4 came along to make 3D possible for all the 3DTV units that came out after Avatar stormed the interests of 3D... I say this because ALL HDTVs & 3DTVs only accept a 60hz input MAX... NO TV or 3DTV can support 120hz True refresh rate or higher without using "Frame interpolation" trickery. It is my guess that the HDMI 1.4 "Framepacked" modes only NEED 60hz since thats the MAX refresh and frequency they specify...

1080p@24hz - Bluray Framepacked
720p@50/60hz Framepacked

Essentially ALL the 3D formats that use one FRAME to PACK 2 frames together only need 60hz total... NOT 60hz per eye... I think 120hz is only needed because of how demanding FRAME SEQUENTIAL formats are...

Sound right to you? I found NO info saying that this is correct...

Just my observations.

Oh and Also the Older HDMI 1.3/1.4 "On some models" CHECKERBOARD format seems to only use 60hz as well... It uses wobulation to display a ""compressed resolution" at 1 frame running 1080p@60hz...

I think this format is what all the other HDMI 1.4 framepacked ones are similar to. Including Side By Side and Top/Bottom, etc...

I'm certainly not the person to inform about 3D or gaming with a projector. Haven't used either.

From what I gather, via the manual, the input signal is rather standard for projectors — very similar to the BenQ W1070. The highest Hz input is 60Hz, from what I gather. However, that doesn't mean the 3d glasses will be 60Hz. From what I understand the 3D glasses for this projector are 120Hz — I honestly don't understand all the 3D DLP stuff as I've never really looked into it. However, you might want to call LG and get specifics on compatible glasses and that will tell you something, not a lot though.

As far as inputting 120Hz PC signal via HDMI for gaming. . . I see nothing that says that will work. It may accept the signal, but according to the manual 60Hz is the highest.

I found this on the first page of this thread. The image states this projector's 3D should be 120Hz which I believe is standard. However, 2D looks to be 60Hz. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean it will take a 120Hz signal at all. that's the best I've got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tally3tally View Post

Hi
I was about to take a plunge on either the LG PA70G but just now saw the LG PA75U

I just noticed that the & 75U had several new features which could justify the extra $ 130 of the Newegg LG PA75U Deal vs the regular FRY's LG PA70G Deal for around $499.

post #190 of 405
they ripped that from newegg and newegg just copied specs from the older PA70G ... I guess I will do a custom resolution test when i get it
post #191 of 405
I'm in the market for a projector...currently own pb61u and its great. Does anyone have any info on lg pa75u successor? I know that when pa70u was out there was a pa75k(Korea) months ahead of the lg pa75u release... So I'm trying to find any info on next lg projector before I spend money on current generation...
post #192 of 405
Buy this man

ViewSonic PJD7820HD

1080p ZERO input lag, FULL 3D & HD and only 700-730 Dollars
post #193 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by A/VPASSION View Post

I'm in the market for a projector...currently own pb61u and its great. Does anyone have any info on lg pa75u successor? I know that when pa70u was out there was a pa75k(Korea) months ahead of the lg pa75u release... So I'm trying to find any info on next lg projector before I spend money on current generation...

There's a mention of next gen LED projectors on this thread earlier on — the lower priced stuff not the $15K ones. However, don't think I've seen anything about LG"s next gen LED projectors. LG does have a few higher contrast LED projectors but I honestly don't think they would outperform the PA75U by much — more of a marketing game IMHO. If your pb61u is working fine I would hang tight — a lot of new stuff is due out in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Hersey View Post

Buy this man

ViewSonic PJD7820HD

1080p ZERO input lag, FULL 3D & HD and only 700-730 Dollars

Looks like you finally found yourself a projector. However, I wouldn't really recommend that projector straight out. . . nor in a thread asking about LED projectors wink.gif

It's not a bad entry level dlp projector but nothing stellar by any measure, even at that price range.
post #194 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Hersey View Post

Buy this man

ViewSonic PJD7820HD

1080p ZERO input lag, FULL 3D & HD and only 700-730 Dollars

Jonathan
We are happy that you bought a bulb based PJ and look forward to your review of it, but this thread title is about the LG model and LED PJ, 2 different animals.
This LED model comes with tv tuner, built in wifi, built in bluetooth, built in 3d native meaning it works with EVERYTHING , 3d from usb stick, 3d from wifi, etc which the viewsonic doesn't have. The features on this pa75u is cutting edge in LED PJ's and regular PJ because of all the built in features, including smart apps, 2 year warranty, 2 remotes. 30,000 hours on LED tech level means you can turn on and off LED PJ anytime, you can't do that with bulb based PJ without cutting down the hours on bulb (every time you turn on bulb based PJ it just used 4 hours of bulb time since turning on and off puts stress on bulb).
post #195 of 405
I just asked my friend who is soon returning from US to buy a LG pa75u Projector.

Now , I have the following doubts ...

Since in US , NTSC is the default standards for TV , will it work in India ... (PAL ) system ... does this projector supports both NTSC AND PAL ? (RF IN) Is there any hardware which can convert from NTSC TO PAL ( RF TO RF NOT A/V TO A/V)

What about the HDMI / A/V In / Component (Y,Pb,Pr) etc ..

Is there is any difference in Player format ? I already have a blue-ray Player with me .. will it work on this Projector ?

Also , Does this Projector supports 3D from Blue-ray Player ?

will be very thankful if somebody can clarify the above queries...

Many Thanks in Advance !
post #196 of 405
Thanks for response...pb61u is good and I have buyer who wants it for outdoor use.
I have been reading news(infocomm, summit, search engines, etc...) but thanks for heads up regarding products in 2013.
Feel like we are in beginning stages of LED projector demand and will hang tight.
post #197 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by yengko View Post

I just asked my friend who is soon returning from US to buy a LG pa75u Projector.

Now , I have the following doubts ...

Since in US , NTSC is the default standards for TV , will it work in India ... (PAL ) system ... does this projector supports both NTSC AND PAL ? (RF IN) Is there any hardware which can convert from NTSC TO PAL ( RF TO RF NOT A/V TO A/V)

What about the HDMI / A/V In / Component (Y,Pb,Pr) etc ..

Is there is any difference in Player format ? I already have a blue-ray Player with me .. will it work on this Projector ?

Also , Does this Projector supports 3D from Blue-ray Player ?

will be very thankful if somebody can clarify the above queries...

Many Thanks in Advance !


Yengko,

I'm living in India. I too bought the same from US last month. I think I can answer your questions.

1. In India, the inbuilt TV tuner is able to tune the channels but you will get only BLACK & WHITE output ( Free to Air channels broadcast are in 576i 50Hz ). This projector works well only with the outputs which are 60Hz. Even the outputs like 1080p 50Hz, 1080i 50HZ, 720p 50Hz, 720i 50Hz will not work ( i.e. you will get BLACK & WHITE display ). The same thing is applicable to SETTOP BOX also.

2. I have tested my projector with a Airtel HD Set top box and it is working fine.

3. 3D from Blue-ray player is working fine. [ Tested with Panasonic 3D Blue-ray player ]

4. It can play most of the file formats. But it is unable to play the DVD menu,

5. The 3D output is awesome.

Hope this helps.

Have a great time with this projector!!
post #198 of 405
HaniDread


Thanks a Lot for the prompt Reply !

Just a few more questions !


How do you connect your Airtel HD Set top box , through RF or via A / V cable ?

Does the output comes in black and white ?

what kind of 3D Glasses afre you using to watch 3D Movies ?

When connected (through HDMI or A / V ) this Projector via DVD Player or Blueray Player (Which are available in India ) , How is the Out put quality , does it comes in Black and white also ...

Sorry my technical knowledge is very poor ....

Also ...I'm planning to buy True-Depth-3D-DLP-LINK-Rechargeable glasses for this Projector ... not sure it will work or not?

http://www.amazon.com/True-Depth-3D-DLP-LINK-Rechargeable/dp/B0053T5QPW


Many thanks !
post #199 of 405
I'm also planning to buy PA70G or PA75U. If any one from Bangalore, India, I can request you to source one for me too.
post #200 of 405
Guys from India, I wonder if there is service menu you can go into and maybe change the region, and the tv tuner could work for PAL system. I don't know, but if you look through the PA70g thread there is info on getting into service menu with special remote and do changes that way.
Again, I don't know for sure if it is possible to switch to different region , but what do you have to lose in researching it and reporting back.
I was thinking of picking up one of the special LG remotes that put it into service mode.

I guess the other option is to call LG and see what they say. I know there is Korean version of the pa75 and other versions, but not sure if service menu could change that or if firmware version could change it.
post #201 of 405
Try this route:
Via "settings" -> "support" -> "product/service info" ->

check if your adventure will not void product warranty.
post #202 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by yengko View Post

How do you connect your Airtel HD Set top box , through RF or via A / V cable ?

Does the output comes in black and white ?

what kind of 3D Glasses afre you using to watch 3D Movies ?

When connected (through HDMI or A / V ) this Projector via DVD Player or Blueray Player (Which are available in India ) , How is the Out put quality , does it comes in Black and white also ...

Sorry my technical knowledge is very poor ....

Also ...I'm planning to buy True-Depth-3D-DLP-LINK-Rechargeable glasses for this Projector ... not sure it will work or not?

http://www.amazon.com/True-Depth-3D-DLP-LINK-Rechargeable/dp/B0053T5QPW


Many thanks !

Yengko,

I am connecting all my devices(HD Set top box, Blue-ray Player, DVD Player, Media Player etc.,) using HDMI cable to this projector. I am getting proper display.
If you connecting your devices using AV cables, then make sure that your device supports the NTSC format.

I am having SainSonic 3D DLP glasses and the quality is very good. ( Amazon Link )

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

Guys from India, I wonder if there is service menu you can go into and maybe change the region, and the tv tuner could work for PAL system. I don't know, but if you look through the PA70g thread there is info on getting into service menu with special remote and do changes that way.
Again, I don't know for sure if it is possible to switch to different region , but what do you have to lose in researching it and reporting back.
I was thinking of picking up one of the special LG remotes that put it into service mode.

I guess the other option is to call LG and see what they say. I know there is Korean version of the pa75 and other versions, but not sure if service menu could change that or if firmware version could change it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007india View Post

Try this route:
Via "settings" -> "support" -> "product/service info" ->

check if your adventure will not void product warranty.

Guys,

Thanks for the information. Let me try it out during this weekend.
post #203 of 405
I am looking to purchase this projector but have a unique setup in mind. I am wondering if any of you think this is possible.I would like to hook a 3.5mm bluetooth transmitter to the audio out on this unit and stream audio to a bluetooth 2.1 channel in the front of the screen. This would eliminate any audio cableing and also double as a speaker for stream my phones music through.
post #204 of 405
My concerns are that the bluetooth module that controls the magic remote might interfere with the signal and that audio delay will be a problem that the projectors in menu audio sync can't fix.If this works it would allow me the biggest screen for the money with wireless audio.
post #205 of 405
There is a buildin bluetooth module. why do you need an external one? Just pair your bluetooth headphone.
post #206 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave_Runner View Post

There is a buildin bluetooth module. why do you need an external one? Just pair your bluetooth headphone.

According the the LG Question page "We appreciate your interest in this projector. The Bluetooth Module is specialized for use with the Magic Motion Remote Control. This module will not be compatible with Audio Output transfer." http://answers.lg.com/answers/7676/product/MD05042860/lg-electronics-pa75u-questions-answers/questions.htm

I too was hoping to pair speakers or even a bluetooth keyboard to the projector, but looks like this will not be possible with the built in bluetooth module...
post #207 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Impala View Post

According the the LG Question page "We appreciate your interest in this projector. The Bluetooth Module is specialized for use with the Magic Motion Remote Control. This module will not be compatible with Audio Output transfer." http://answers.lg.com/answers/7676/product/MD05042860/lg-electronics-pa75u-questions-answers/questions.htm

I too was hoping to pair speakers or even a bluetooth keyboard to the projector, but looks like this will not be possible with the built in bluetooth module...
You are correct the built in bluetooth module is not compatible with audio out since it isn't A2DP, but since the projector has an 3.5mm headphone jack you can plug in this product or one like it. http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics%C2%AE-TT-BA01-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Players/dp/B004B8GF7Y This would send the audio to a bluetooth speaker or optional reciever it wouldn't give you the ability to use a bluetooth mouse or keyboard.In theory this would allow wireless 2.1 audio within 30ft from the projector to speakers/headphones. My concern like I stated before is that the bluetooth module in the projector or wifi may interfere with the signal and that I would constantly need to set the audio delay sync everytime I pair the bluetooth speakers/headphones.
post #208 of 405
Apologies if this has already been clarified but I'm looking to purchase one of the LG LED projectors but as I'm UK based I'm finding it impossible to source a PA75U but I do have the option of the PA72U/G.

Can anyone confirm what the actual differences are between these two units? I understand the PA75U has the TV tuner (which I'm not overly fussed about and not sure if even compatible in the UK) but is there anything else?

Many thanks.
post #209 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRMovistar View Post

Apologies if this has already been clarified but I'm looking to purchase one of the LG LED projectors but as I'm UK based I'm finding it impossible to source a PA75U but I do have the option of the PA72U/G.

Can anyone confirm what the actual differences are between these two units? I understand the PA75U has the TV tuner (which I'm not overly fussed about and not sure if even compatible in the UK) but is there anything else?

Many thanks.

From what i am seein..PA72g is pa70g with widi ...all else seems same

So the differences with 75U should be... bluetooth..remote...greater 3D input options...n smart apps..wifi...

http://www.lg.com/ae/press-release/lg-reveals-worlds-brightest-portable-led-smart-projector-with-highest-ansi-lumens
Edited by tally3tally - 7/9/13 at 11:06am
post #210 of 405
And the LGPA75U has a built in TV tuner.
No need to have a computer or a external TV tuner running therefore saving energy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › LG PA75U -Anybody else own one of LG's Abandoned Children?