Originally Posted by yengko
I just asked my friend who is soon returning from US to buy a LG pa75u Projector.
Now , I have the following doubts ...
Since in US , NTSC is the default standards for TV , will it work in India ... (PAL ) system ... does this projector supports both NTSC AND PAL ? (RF IN) Is there any hardware which can convert from NTSC TO PAL ( RF TO RF NOT A/V TO A/V)
What about the HDMI / A/V In / Component (Y,Pb,Pr) etc ..
Is there is any difference in Player format ? I already have a blue-ray Player with me .. will it work on this Projector ?
Also , Does this Projector supports 3D from Blue-ray Player ?
will be very thankful if somebody can clarify the above queries...
Many Thanks in Advance !
I'm living in India. I too bought the same from US last month. I think I can answer your questions.
1. In India, the inbuilt TV tuner is able to tune the channels but you will get only BLACK & WHITE output ( Free to Air channels broadcast are in 576i 50Hz ). This projector works well only with the outputs which are 60Hz. Even the outputs like 1080p 50Hz, 1080i 50HZ, 720p 50Hz, 720i 50Hz will not work ( i.e. you will get BLACK & WHITE display ). The same thing is applicable to SETTOP BOX also.
2. I have tested my projector with a Airtel HD Set top box and it is working fine.
3. 3D from Blue-ray player is working fine. [ Tested with Panasonic 3D Blue-ray player ]
4. It can play most of the file formats. But it is unable to play the DVD menu,
5. The 3D output is awesome.
Hope this helps.
Have a great time with this projector!!