or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Emotiva amp connected to my Yamaha AVR, would this help any?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Emotiva amp connected to my Yamaha AVR, would this help any? - Page 2

post #31 of 66
I find it odd how the 1009 hardly has a flat line. Once it hits bottom it goes up at a linear rate until it starts limiting or clipping ( can't say which, but it seems like it works out the same way.)

I am more used to seeing curves like the 5008.
post #32 of 66
I think you are probably just used to seeing Stereophile measurements, which doesn't have a linear scale, the first section of their graph is usually in milliwatts, and then the scale keeps shrinking as you move along like this one below of the HK 990:



The Onkyo 1009 isn't that odd looking at the Denon 3312, Yamaha RX-A2000, and RX-Z11 (I picked these randomly) all follow similar paths:





post #33 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfitch View Post


Strewth! eek.gif That RX-Z11 is a beast of a thing!
post #34 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by jproy13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

over amp your speakers ... better sound quality no distortion..

you mean better sound quality because it's distortion free right?

I hope not because the idea that you need a huge power amp to have low distortion at normal usage levels with mdoern SS amps is an audiophile myth.
Quote:
, or do you mean more power (or adding an amp) will equal in better sound quality?

Modern amplifiers generally sound great unless you overdrive them and make them clip. Back in the days of tubed amps distortion could creep up at medium levels and there was a possible advantage to using over sized amps. Of course in those days, a 25 wpc amp was a big amp.

Most people don't come within a country mile of clipping the amps in their AVRs. It only takes about 50 wpc to drive large speakers like Paradigm Monitor 100s to levels sufficient to hurt your ears.

The argument that AVR power amps only put out tiny amounts of power are based on bench tests of all channels playing full blast running test tones into resistive loads. None of that happens in real world use. Music and speakers are technically speaking easier to drive than FTC-mandated bench tests.

If you were to have a problem with a lack of power from your AVR, your first best move would be to spend the money on a good subwoofer, because that would take a significant load off of your AVR and your front and center speakers.
post #35 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHAz View Post


While it's fair to speculate that generally THD+N will be lower at any given power output for the larger amp, it's not guaranteed. Some tweaky high end amps seem to have an odd THD increase relatively low in the power band that then goes away at higher powers until you hit the distortion curve "knee." Either that or abnormally high noise might make the more powerful amp less desireable.
.

The rising line at low levels is usually just the noise floor of amp:



I think that Don already made the point that more powerful amps are likely to have more noise at low levels.
post #36 of 66
+1. THD+N -- the "+N" is for noise, which becomes a more significant part of the numbers as the output decreases. Eventually THD+N is dominated by noise (N), not THD.

Curious: Do the Ap and other audio test units actually measure THD+N or SINAD?
post #37 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post

+1. THD+N -- the "+N" is for noise, which becomes a more significant part of the numbers as the output decreases. Eventually THD+N is dominated by noise (N), not THD.

Curious: Do the Ap and other audio test units actually measure THD+N or SINAD?

AP equipment from the start has been highly programmable and highly versatile. It will measure either of them or many others.
post #38 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

AP equipment from the start has been highly programmable and highly versatile. It will measure either of them or many others.

Here is more info on the AP (Audio Precision) system..
The complete AP system with multi-channel generator costs about $125K, we use in our product evaluation and testing programs for some of the leading CE brands....
The complete AVR amplifier test process for an AVR takes about 4 minutes to run. Also the AP system can do all of the respective line level measurements as well, which we use when sending AVRs into Dolby or DTS for certification...

http://www.ap.com/download/file/183

Just my $0.02..... 👍😉
post #39 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKSKYDANCER View Post

Thanks guys for all the opinions and information. My speakers have about 6 hours on them now so i re ran my YPAO with very good results plus did a few other tweaks on the my receiver which helped out even more. I adjusted the Volume trim and Subwoofer trim up to +3 from 0 ( default ) which really help out the mid bass and Dynamic's that i thought may have been a little weak because of the amp in the receiver. There is so many adjustments on these new AVR receivers that it sometimes takes weeks to get everything figure out. I am now seeing upwards of 89 db at the listening position with the receiver volume at -17. I still agree that a separate amp would be a good thing and help on those microsecond burst in dynamic's and help protect the speakers from damage. That was my thinking in the first place. Stronger amp with all channel driven, less volume needed, less distortion, cleaner sound, more reserve power for those microsecond peaks and dynamics, help save the speakers. The XPA 5 is to big to fit on my shelf plus more money then i wanted to spend. I was hoping that the UPA-500 with do some improvement but after seeing some of your thoughts it probably wouldn't be worth the extra expense. But with there return policy i might still try it just to see. I still think it would look cool sitting there on the shelf above the receiver. I was just hoping it would improve on the sound as well![/quote

go for Da Power Dancer!! you got it... let your ears decide..

cheers..
post #40 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKSKYDANCER View Post

Thanks guys for all the opinions and information. My speakers have about 6 hours on them now so i re ran my YPAO with very good results plus did a few other tweaks on the my receiver which helped out even more. I adjusted the Volume trim and Subwoofer trim up to +3 from 0 ( default ) which really help out the mid bass and Dynamic's that i thought may have been a little weak because of the amp in the receiver. There is so many adjustments on these new AVR receivers that it sometimes takes weeks to get everything figure out. I am now seeing upwards of 89 db at the listening position with the receiver volume at -17. I still agree that a separate amp would be a good thing and help on those microsecond burst in dynamic's and help protect the speakers from damage. That was my thinking in the first place. Stronger amp with all channel driven, less volume needed, less distortion, cleaner sound, more reserve power for those microsecond peaks and dynamics, help save the speakers. The XPA 5 is to big to fit on my shelf plus more money then i wanted to spend. I was hoping that the UPA-500 with do some improvement but after seeing some of your thoughts it probably wouldn't be worth the extra expense. But with there return policy i might still try it just to see. I still think it would look cool sitting there on the shelf above the receiver. I was just hoping it would improve on the sound as well![/quote

go for Da Power Dancer!! you got it... let your ears decide..

cheers..

Your reasons in favor of having a separate amp are valid and definitely some of the reasons why I went that route although I have, and have had powerful receivers . Currently, I have the yamaha RX-a3020,exclusively used as a preamp. Before this, I had DENON 4311ci, yamaha DSP-z7, rxv-3800 all used as preamps.

Edited by SARHENTO - 5/23/13 at 1:36pm
post #41 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKSKYDANCER View Post

Thanks guys for all the opinions and information. My speakers have about 6 hours on them now so i re ran my YPAO with very good results plus did a few other tweaks on the my receiver which helped out even more. I adjusted the Volume trim and Subwoofer trim up to +3 from 0 ( default ) which really help out the mid bass and Dynamic's that i thought may have been a little weak because of the amp in the receiver. There is so many adjustments on these new AVR receivers that it sometimes takes weeks to get everything figure out. I am now seeing upwards of 89 db at the listening position with the receiver volume at -17. I still agree that a separate amp would be a good thing and help on those microsecond burst in dynamic's and help protect the speakers from damage. That was my thinking in the first place. Stronger amp with all channel driven, less volume needed, less distortion, cleaner sound, more reserve power for those microsecond peaks and dynamics, help save the speakers. The XPA 5 is to big to fit on my shelf plus more money then i wanted to spend. I was hoping that the UPA-500 with do some improvement but after seeing some of your thoughts it probably wouldn't be worth the extra expense. But with there return policy i might still try it just to see. I still think it would look cool sitting there on the shelf above the receiver. I was just hoping it would improve on the sound as well![/quote

go for Da Power Dancer!! you got it... let your ears decide..

cheers..

Give a look the Sherbourne 5 channel amp. You can follow the link on the Emo page. 10 year warranty,torrodial power,same 30 day return policy. Also worth 300 dollars on either Emo products or Sherbourne, Seems like the better choice to me. JMO. Good luck and enjoy whatever you choose. You will get one because you won't be satisfied until you at least try one. Just the way it works in this hobby.
post #42 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jproy13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

over amp your speakers ... better sound quality no distortion..

you mean better sound quality because it's distortion free right?

I hope not because the idea that you need a huge power amp to have low distortion at normal usage levels with mdoern SS amps is an audiophile myth.
Quote:
, or do you mean more power (or adding an amp) will equal in better sound quality?

Modern amplifiers generally sound great unless you overdrive them and make them clip. Back in the days of tubed amps distortion could creep up at medium levels and there was a possible advantage to using over sized amps. Of course in those days, a 25 wpc amp was a big amp.

Most people don't come within a country mile of clipping the amps in their AVRs. It only takes about 50 wpc to drive large speakers like Paradigm Monitor 100s to levels sufficient to hurt your ears.

The argument that AVR power amps only put out tiny amounts of power are based on bench tests of all channels playing full blast running test tones into resistive loads. None of that happens in real world use. Music and speakers are technically speaking easier to drive than FTC-mandated bench tests.

If you were to have a problem with a lack of power from your AVR, your first best move would be to spend the money on a good subwoofer, because that would take a significant load off of your AVR and your front and center speakers.

you really should learn your products before yaking about them


you got to add lots of power for great sound .. over amp your speakers as paradigm recommends....

Da Power for the best sound quality from you speakers .. modern avrs just don cut it at driving speakers .. you need external amp power an lots of it... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

cheers...
post #43 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

you really should learn your products before yaking about them


you got to add lots of power for great sound .. over amp your speakers as paradigm recommends....

Da Power for the best sound quality from you speakers .. modern avrs just don cut it at driving speakers .. you need external amp power an lots of it... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

cheers...

I know I'm wasting my time here but here it goes wink.gif. I strongly believe it is you that "should learn your products before yaking about them". Your constant posts about more power when it really isn't needed are quite humorous biggrin.gif. Maybe you should learn to take good solid advice when it is given. Then maybe you might learn something from those on AVS obviously much more educated and experienced than you are wink.gif.

Bill
post #44 of 66
I have a happy customer that was considering seperates. He decided to just use a Denon 4520 to power a Klipsch THX Ultra II 7.2 speaker setup, and he told me " my hair blows back watching Black Hawk Down ". He doesn't seem to lack for power. Come to think of it, my 4310 drives 7 speakers just fine. Sort of depends on the size of your room and a lot of other factors. Just my 2 cents. smile.gif
post #45 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

I know I'm wasting my time here but here it goes wink.gif. I strongly believe it is you that "should learn your products before yaking about them". Your constant posts about more power when it really isn't needed are quite humorous biggrin.gif. Maybe you should learn to take good solid advice when it is given. Then maybe you might learn something from those on AVS obviously much more educated and experienced than you are wink.gif.

Bill

+1
post #46 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

you really should learn your products before yaking about them


you got to add lots of power for great sound .. over amp your speakers as paradigm recommends....

Da Power for the best sound quality from you speakers .. modern avrs just don cut it at driving speakers .. you need external amp power an lots of it... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

cheers...

I know I'm wasting my time here but here it goes wink.gif. I strongly believe it is you that "should learn your products before yaking about them". Your constant posts about more power when it really isn't needed are quite humorous biggrin.gif. Maybe you should learn to take good solid advice when it is given. Then maybe you might learn something from those on AVS obviously much more educated and experienced than you are wink.gif.

Bill

bill you should get an amp and hear the difference for yourself.. You might actually learn something... AVS is anti power im here to change that !!!!! they need practical experience Bill and a good
education eh!

you need Da Power for great sound quality Bill...


biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #47 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

bill you should get an amp and hear the difference for yourself.. You might actually learn something... AVS is anti power im here to change that !!!!! they need practical experience Bill and a good
education eh!

you need Da Power for great sound quality Bill...


biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hey Dube,

Maybe you didn't notice but I do have an "amp" in my system. My system is listed in my signature at the bottom of this and every post I make. I'm sure I've had more amps of different types and WPC ratings in my system than you ever had. Your post about your new XPA-1s with the statement "the sound is so much more fuller richer cleaner clearer smoother and better.." is priceless biggrin.gif. I'm sure your matched the volume levels when you did your totally unbiased subjective opinion wink.gif. Tell me what does an amp such as the XPA-1 do to create "the sound is so much more fuller richer cleaner clearer smoother and better.." wink.gif? Oh and I do have excellent sound in my system with an amp conservatively rated at 100x7. I spent a larger portion of my system budget not on amps but something much more important related to overall SQ. Could you guess what that is? That would be speakers wink.gif.

Bill
post #48 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

bill you should get an amp and hear the difference for yourself.. You might actually learn something... AVS is anti power im here to change that !!!!! they need practical experience Bill and a good
education eh!

you need Da Power for great sound quality Bill...


biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm willing to bet that Bill has tried out more than a few AVR's with or without added amps. He like myself came to the same conclusion, that if you are not driving a reasonably powered AVR into clipping there is plenty of power to drive most speakers. I am at this time using a H/K 7550HD along with a set of Paradigm Ref's all around. It will blow these speakers if I wanted to. I've also connected a Parasound 5 channel 200 watt/channel to it and there was no difference in the power. That amp is now not in use at this time. I am wanting to get a UMC-200 and a Sherbourn PA5-200 to try out. If this setup doesn't sound a lot better than the 7550 they will go back. There is a point of diminishing returns in this hobby and IMO you have surpassed it. Also feel that suggesting amps for everyone is not needed. Most of us have been there, done that and realize the waste of money. Glad you are enjoying your system, just realize that not everyone needs thousands of watts to enjoy theirs.
post #49 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

bill you should get an amp and hear the difference for yourself.. You might actually learn something... AVS is anti power im here to change that !!!!! they need practical experience Bill and a good
education eh!

you need Da Power for great sound quality Bill...


biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hey Dube,

Maybe you didn't notice but I do have an "amp" in my system. My system is listed in my signature at the bottom of this and every post I make. I'm sure I've had more amps of different types and WPC ratings in my system than you ever had. Your post about your new XPA-1s with the statement "the sound is so much more fuller richer cleaner clearer smoother and better.." is priceless biggrin.gif. I'm sure your matched the volume levels when you did your totally unbiased subjective opinion wink.gif. Tell me what does an amp such as the XPA-1 do to create "the sound is so much more fuller richer cleaner clearer smoother and better.." wink.gif? Oh and I do have excellent sound in my system with an amp conservatively rated at 100x7. I spent a larger portion of my system budget not on amps but something much more important related to overall SQ. Could you guess what that is? That would be speakers wink.gif.

Bill

Bill

You got to get some Da Power... 100 wpc dont cut the cheese you need lots of Da Power for GREAT SOUND QUALITY... let the amp take control of the speakers..

I Know Bill trust me Get some Power and you too will have GREAT SOUND QUALITY in your system too!

night and day difference with Da Power Bill... mmmm mmm great Bud!

just think your subjectively stated excellent sound will sound 10 fold better with Da Power.. get your self some Mack Daddys Mono Blocks like the XPA 1s

and you will have AMAZING SOUND QUALITY.. money well spent bro

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #50 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

bill you should get an amp and hear the difference for yourself.. You might actually learn something... AVS is anti power im here to change that !!!!! they need practical experience Bill and a good
education eh!

you need Da Power for great sound quality Bill...


biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm willing to bet that Bill has tried out more than a few AVR's with or without added amps. He like myself came to the same conclusion, that if you are not driving a reasonably powered AVR into clipping there is plenty of power to drive most speakers. I am at this time using a H/K 7550HD along with a set of Paradigm Ref's all around. It will blow these speakers if I wanted to. I've also connected a Parasound 5 channel 200 watt/channel to it and there was no difference in the power. That amp is now not in use at this time. I am wanting to get a UMC-200 and a Sherbourn PA5-200 to try out. If this setup doesn't sound a lot better than the 7550 they will go back. There is a point of diminishing returns in this hobby and IMO you have surpassed it. Also feel that suggesting amps for everyone is not needed. Most of us have been there, done that and realize the waste of money. Glad you are enjoying your system, just realize that not everyone needs thousands of watts to enjoy theirs.

buddy avr do not have enough power to drive speakers properly.. you want great sound you need Da Power..

and lots of it trust me I know..

its money extremely well spent if you want AMAZING AWESOME SOUND QUALITY biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

more power buddy

cheer
post #51 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

buddy avr do not have enough power to drive speakers properly.. you want great sound you need Da Power..

and lots of it trust me I know..

its money extremely well spent if you want AMAZING AWESOME SOUND QUALITY biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

more power buddy

cheer

The Sherbourn has plenty enough power to drive any speaker setup for home theater use. No need to get crazy here.
post #52 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

buddy avr do not have enough power to drive speakers properly.. you want great sound you need Da Power..

and lots of it trust me I know..

its money extremely well spent if you want AMAZING AWESOME SOUND QUALITY biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

more power buddy

cheer

The Sherbourn has plenty enough power to drive any speaker setup for home theater use. No need to get crazy here.

you want crazy great sound quality you need da power and lots of it..

xpa 3 was not enough..

xpa 1 yes the sweet spot..

the power has to control the speaker... not just drive it .. we all know we can hear a watt ...

cheers... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #53 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

Bill

You got to get some Da Power... 100 wpc dont cut the cheese you need lots of Da Power for GREAT SOUND QUALITY... let the amp take control of the speakers..

I Know Bill trust me Get some Power and you too will have GREAT SOUND QUALITY in your system too!

night and day difference with Da Power Bill... mmmm mmm great Bud!

just think your subjectively stated excellent sound will sound 10 fold better with Da Power.. get your self some Mack Daddys Mono Blocks like the XPA 1s

and you will have AMAZING SOUND QUALITY.. money well spent bro

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hey Dube,

No offense but you do not have a clue of what you are talking about rolleyes.gif. How many times do you have to be told this? You have no idea how much power my speakers need, how big my room is or the volumes levels I prefer to listen at. To say that my system will sound 10x better with the addition of more power once again shows how misinformed you really are. It is becoming quite apparent that you must be an unpaid shill for Emotiva by the way you push their amps wink.gif. But please keep posting as the entertainment level of your posts alone are worth the price of admission biggrin.gif.

Bill
post #54 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

you want crazy great sound quality you need da power and lots of it..

xpa 3 was not enough..

xpa 1 yes the sweet spot..

the power has to control the speaker... not just drive it .. we all know we can hear a watt ...

cheers... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

This sounds to me like an advertisement. Did you get those XPA1s for free?
post #55 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

I have a happy customer that was considering seperates. He decided to just use a Denon 4520 to power a Klipsch THX Ultra II 7.2 speaker setup, and he told me " my hair blows back watching Black Hawk Down ". He doesn't seem to lack for power. Come to think of it, my 4310 drives 7 speakers just fine. Sort of depends on the size of your room and a lot of other factors. Just my 2 cents. smile.gif

sure they make lots of sound... but if your want great sound quality (more for stereo) you need lots of power ...

i went from denon 3313 125 wpc stereo

to xpa 3 200wpc 8 ohm 300 w 4ohm

to the xpa 1 500w into 8 ohm 1000w 4 ohm

the sound quality improvement at each upgrade are massive and stunning you can read all you want of pros and cons until you hear it for yourself at home you will never understand

Da Power Rules..!!!! separates are the only way to go...

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif


cheers

post #56 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

I have a happy customer that was considering seperates. He decided to just use a Denon 4520 to power a Klipsch THX Ultra II 7.2 speaker setup, and he told me " my hair blows back watching Black Hawk Down ". He doesn't seem to lack for power. Come to think of it, my 4310 drives 7 speakers just fine. Sort of depends on the size of your room and a lot of other factors. Just my 2 cents. smile.gif

sure they make lots of sound... but if your want great sound quality (more for stereo) you need lots of power ...

i went from denon 3313 125 wpc stereo

to xpa 3 200wpc 8 ohm 300 w 4ohm

to the xpa 1 500w into 8 ohm 1000w 4 ohm

the sound quality improvement at each upgrade are massive and stunning you can read all you want of pros and cons until you hear it for yourself at home you will never understand

Da Power Rules..!!!! separates are the only way to go...

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif


cheers


Yo, doobie bro, da delta danker! So what speakers do you have? How big a room? What spl do you enjoy?
post #57 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Yo, doobie bro, da delta danker! So what speakers do you have? How big a room? What spl do you enjoy?

C'mon those questions don't matter as all you need is "da power" to have a mind blowing and out of body listening experience biggrin.gif. Whats it matter what da speakers are, how big da room is or what da SPL is that you listen to wink.gif.

Bill
post #58 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Yo, doobie bro, da delta danker! So what speakers do you have? How big a room? What spl do you enjoy?

C'mon those questions don't matter as all you need is "da power" to have a mind blowing and out of body listening experience biggrin.gif. Whats it matter what da speakers are, how big da room is or what da SPL is that you listen to wink.gif.

Bill

Could mean you're a sucker for hype for one thing. Why didn't you get some serious power instead of those wimpy Emotiva things? Shoulda got some pro amps instead of amateur wink.gif

Seriously, what speakers, how loud do you listen and in what size room?
post #59 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post

Waste of time, Bill.

Don,

Unfortunately I'm a bit slow at figuring that out wink.gif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

Respectfully, please stop your trolling nonsense about "dapower". Honestly from my point of view it makes you seem sorta "retarded" for lack of a better adjective. (apologies to anyone out there who themselves or have loved ones with mental disabilities). For me you are nothing more then another emo nut-swinger who swallowed way too much blue juice.

From my perspective, you do not understand and are obviously not willing to take the time to understand how audio amplifiers work and how different set ups, gear, room, preferences, etc affect what is needed to achieve great quality sound. You have repeatedly ignored others when they have offered to advice and knowledge in order to further your understanding. Your posts and posting style have quickly become very tiresome.

You like emo gear, that's great! You don't understand how it all works and yet continue to offer your opinion as fact, talk down to others who are often far more knowledgeable then you with experience and credentials to back them up...that's not great.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~Attributed to Harry S Truman

Jason,

Excellent post smile.gif. But as Don mentioned the points you make which are very valid will not hit home if you know what I mean. I think the best thing is to ignore this individual and hopefully he'll give up trying to school all of us here wink.gif.

Bill

Hi Bill, Jason, Don & everyone else

The above leads in well to something I've been thinking about for a while (as I do!)…

I agree that the points being made will, in all likelihood, not hit the mark. Indeed, even if your efforts do happen to strike a chord, we're unlikely to get any acknowledgement of a softening of attitude because the individual has clearly hitched his wagon to "da power" identity. He won't want to give that up because it's how he defines himself at the moment. It's who he is. He's also clearly enjoying winding people up.

Believe it or not, I see a glass-half-full side to this though… think of it this way: for every one of us that regularly post here, there's probably a hundred (who knows?) members and guests that are silently following along; observing, reading, learning, reflecting. (I was a daily visitor here for two years before signing up and making my first post.) My suggestion is that, as long as this individual continues to post about his undying devotion to "da power", we have a rich vein of raw material with which to counter with rational, scientific argument. This particular individual my not acknowledge learning anything at all, but hopefully countless others following along will be soaking up the exchanges and learning a bit.

The proceeding all sounds very nice and altruistic doesn't it? I do completely understand if you fellas are just sick of the whole business, particularly if you've been personally insulted in the recent past.

Best of luck to you all! smile.gif
post #60 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

wow thats alot of misinformation...

wow

Delta, could you kindly be specific and point out what you think is misinformation in DonH50's post (#14)? Thanks.

Delta, you may have missed this the first time. Any luck with the specifics?

Since you revived this thread after 4 weeks of inactivity, can you provide some specifics as requested above. Thanks.

Here's a link for quick reference: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1468762/emotiva-amp-connected-to-my-yamaha-avr-would-this-help-any#post_23224073
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Emotiva amp connected to my Yamaha AVR, would this help any?