Originally Posted by Exist_To_Resist
Yeah I call BS, the fact that it needs to be connected does not mean it is off. MS backtracking of their statement from E3, if you recall they said the kinect is always in standby mode ready to hear your commands, it's not off.
And if you believe a mega corporation that has every dollar riding on this product come October you're a fool.
There is some aspect of the kinect necessary for the XB1 to function, otherwise I should be able to unplug it and shelve it.
It's ok the XB1 will get hacked 6 months down the road and all DRM and Kinect functionality will be removed.
The fact that you and so many other people are this paranoid over something that can easily be subverted is startling, really. Well I guess it's not. But yes, I do believe them when they say it can be paused/turned off (http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-kinect-can-turn-off-microsoft-says-noting-510100564
), because if it actually couldn't they'd be in a whole hell of a lot more hot water than they are now. And my point still stands, if you really think it can't be turned off... tape over the lens, simple fix that won't cost you anything as you probably have a roll of tape in your garage.Price
- $499. Yup, typical price for a console. Let's not forget the PS3 was $600 when it launched...DRM
- Yep, pretty standard these days, why this is such a shock to everyone I don't know. Devs and publishers have been fighting used games for YEARS as it damn near equates to piracy. What's that? you're giving your game to a friend that gets to play it without paying for it? You traded it in for store credit and that store makes nothing but profit off of it with the devs and publishers getting NONE of that money? And people say piracy is rampant on PC... Explain to me how used games AREN'T a form of piracy technically. I actually think what MS is doing is GOOD for the industry as it will alow the publishers/devs to decide if they want to get paid or not, rather than just let it happen.Extra Fee
- Yep, been that way for years now, and the PS4 is the same now, have to pay for multiplayer, same cost too, and more if you don't know where to look for deals on XBL cards.Does it Watch you
- Only if you let it, not 'ALWAYS'Requires internet
- What doesn't these days? Everyone whining about this is doing it, shocker, ON THE INTERNET! Meaning they've got a connection to the net at least once per day. Being blown way out of proportion here.Region Locked
- Oh noes, You mean I can't take it on vacation with me? Region locking is NOTHING new, been done for years, The PS4 being region free... half the people cheering for that don't have a clue what that actually means. And it makes sense for the PS4, people clamor for JRPGs to be translated all the time, now devs don't have to translate, people can just import. But what percentage of people will actually take advantage of it being region free? My guess, less than 5%Features that probably won't work
- about the same as ANY electronic device that comes out. Devices launch all the time with nn-working, or bugged features, they get ironed out. Thinking the PS4 will be any different is naive.Stops Working
- Warranty, same as any other device, out of warranty, its a brick, PS4 won't be any different.
Useless photo trying to be edgy and cool with bandwagon hate, is useless...
I'll be sticking to PC, and I'll be getting an XBO for the exclusives I like. Sony has yet to show anything that piques my interest enough to want the PS4, and it was the same with the PS3.