Originally Posted by Marafice Eye
The fact that you and so many other people are this paranoid over something that can easily be subverted is startling, really. Well I guess it's not. But yes, I do believe them when they say it can be paused/turned off (http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-kinect-can-turn-off-microsoft-says-noting-510100564
), because if it actually couldn't they'd be in a whole hell of a lot more hot water than they are now. And my point still stands, if you really think it can't be turned off... tape over the lens, simple fix that won't cost you anything as you probably have a roll of tape in your garage.Price
- $499. Yup, typical price for a console. Let's not forget the PS3 was $600 when it launched...DRM
- Yep, pretty standard these days, why this is such a shock to everyone I don't know. Devs and publishers have been fighting used games for YEARS as it damn near equates to piracy. What's that? you're giving your game to a friend that gets to play it without paying for it? You traded it in for store credit and that store makes nothing but profit off of it with the devs and publishers getting NONE of that money? And people say piracy is rampant on PC... Explain to me how used games AREN'T a form of piracy technically. I actually think what MS is doing is GOOD for the industry as it will alow the publishers/devs to decide if they want to get paid or not, rather than just let it happen.Extra Fee
- Yep, been that way for years now, and the PS4 is the same now, have to pay for multiplayer, same cost too, and more if you don't know where to look for deals on XBL cards.Does it Watch you
- Only if you let it, not 'ALWAYS'Requires internet
- What doesn't these days? Everyone whining about this is doing it, shocker, ON THE INTERNET! Meaning they've got a connection to the net at least once per day. Being blown way out of proportion here.Region Locked
- Oh noes, You mean I can't take it on vacation with me? Region locking is NOTHING new, been done for years, The PS4 being region free... half the people cheering for that don't have a clue what that actually means. And it makes sense for the PS4, people clamor for JRPGs to be translated all the time, now devs don't have to translate, people can just import. But what percentage of people will actually take advantage of it being region free? My guess, less than 5%Features that probably won't work
- about the same as ANY electronic device that comes out. Devices launch all the time with nn-working, or bugged features, they get ironed out. Thinking the PS4 will be any different is naive.Stops Working
- Warranty, same as any other device, out of warranty, its a brick, PS4 won't be any different.
Useless photo trying to be edgy and cool with bandwagon hate, is useless...
I'll be sticking to PC, and I'll be getting an XBO for the exclusives I like. Sony has yet to show anything that piques my interest enough to want the PS4, and it was the same with the PS3.
That image was meant as a joke, you take yourself too seriously.
Yes you are right these devices are not banned yet but they are being investigated and in the process of being banned now in 3 countries.
Simple fact that they are being investigated should be a concern.
I don't mind DRM, I'm a Huge steam user. However the trade up for me is most new games I get at less than $40, that is the trade up.
And Steam sales are awesome.
But when you charge $60 for a game that has no resale value that becomes less appealing to an end user that now can not borrow a game from a friend.
Naive... I think you're the naive one here, believing all the BS you're sold by these companies. That's like the stupid and naive notion of a government spying on you, and saying if you're not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about.
You say you're not a MS fanboy but based on your attitude towards the gaming industry and that they can do no evil, I would say otherwise. Not an MS fanboy
Also this system is a door way for the invasion of your privacy, plain and simple.
Doesn't mean it will happen, doesn't mean that MS will do it. But it has the potential to do so, and there are a lot smarter people then MS engineers out there, that mess with this stuff for fun.
Both PSN and XBL have been hacked in the past, it could happen again on a larger scale. Except this time they'll be pictures of you masturbating to the playboy channel because you decided to run your cable box via your XB1, LOL.
Really trading games is a form of Piracy, a lawyer woudl say otherwise.
An item that you pay for is yours you can do with it as you please, except for reverse engineering it, and/or selling it for profit, a.k.a. copying/replicating. You need to work on your definition of piracy. That's like saying I bought this TV, however I can't sell it when I'm done with because... it's piracy.
Also if you watched the MS key note from E3, MS words not mine "The kinect is always on listening and waiting for your commands!". Also the stories of all games requiring the kinect say otherwise.
Them saying it doesn't have to be, is them back pedalling to the overwhelmingly negative response. Damage Control.
A firmware update can change all that, and I'm sure as a clean up effort from E3 MS is considering it.
Personally I don't really care, but your logic is flawed.
Anyways it is useless arguing about this, we are both speaking in hypothetical terms, because until the product arrives and the final software is in our hands it is all hearsay.
And also the communication breakdown at these large companies is huge, someone might make an executive decision and the product might be changed before the final release.Anyways...
I'm a huge advocate of build your own rigs because when you do you generally get better quality parts and better warranty on most quality computer parts than you would on places such as Shopping with dell or the likes.