or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 37

post #1081 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehmia View Post

Got my 60VT60 in today. Was shipped on the 22nd, got my call on Monday telling me the driver will call me later or the following morning to setup the 3 hour window. I get a call from him the next morning at 10am while I'm at work and he tells me he is down the road from my house... and no one is home. So I tell him I will be home around 4 to which he tells me to call him when I'm near. So I call him later that afternoon and he says he will not be able to deliver that day and will do it the next morning. Fine, I'm off today so that works out. I get a call promptly in the morning and he keeps asking where he should go on the main road... I tell him, and he ask a few more times. I live in a semi rural area with long fairly straight roads, it's very eas yto follow directions and find an address, but not for this logistics-delivery professional. I ask if he has a GPS, he says yes... but keeps asking for directions. After he calls me a few more times, he shows.

The TV was secure in truck, but I had to help the older gentleman pick it up off the back of his box truck. The lift was broken, and the height was about 5'. No big deal, dolly it to the front door, we get it in to the living room, I set it down and straighten up and he says ok sign here please. Great, this BS. So I say hold on... I'm not going to sign for it until I plug it in and turn it on. You don't have to do anything if you don't want. He says no, he can't do that, I have to sign before it's opened. I say call your manager. Manager gets on the phone and explains that if I open it and there's something wrong, then it's on them. I say yes...that would be correct, and that is the whole point of this service between the retailer, you, and me. He says no, that's not how it works, etc etc. So I start explaining that if there is something wrong.... he cuts me off and start yelling that he's not going to argue with me. I either sign it or it goes back. I get his name and reaffirm the business name which after he hangs up on me. Some "manager". So I think... well, this isn't right, and the box is in excellent condition. I think it will be a safe bet that it is in working order. So I sign, driver leaves, and I got the TV unboxed.

It worked out, turned on, no damage I can see. October 2013 build date. From the previous story by boolay, PaulsTV is using a sub par "white glove" delivery company. Radiant Global (and apparently the local delievery companies it goes with) don't seem to care or honor anything between PaulsTV and the end customer. I am not sure if R.G. is disregarding any obligation from Pauls, or if Pauls is spinning up your expectation from the delivery and ultimately it not being what it is said to be.

tl;dr - Delivery was a poor experience, TV is good to go, October 2013 build date.

 
 
I can only laugh, I was hoping that you would not have to go through that ordeal. Glad to see you have a October build, I guess the White Glove is hit or miss, I will be talking to Pauls CS on Friday to see what they'll do about my WG experience. You have a nice set up, how far are you from the screen?
post #1082 of 3266
I got my 65VT60 from Best Buy and had them price match Paul's TV coupon price ($2299) with free delivery. They did it without hesitating. Best Buy delivered last Friday and I can say that the experience was first rate. They brought it to my 7th floor condo, unboxed and set it on the stand. Powered it up to make sure everything was working right before asking me to sign. I am sorry to hear that others are having problems with delivery. Maybe you should see what price Best Buy will give you,
post #1083 of 3266
My brother ordered a 60VT60 from Amazon yesterday and he did receive the free soundbar with his order. He didn't try to price match but it worked out well for him with the free bundled item.
post #1084 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman00 View Post

My brother ordered a 60VT60 from Amazon yesterday and he did receive the free soundbar with his order. He didn't try to price match but it worked out well for him with the free bundled item.

I also ordered from Amazon yesterday and was able to get the sound bar bundle. $1999.00 out the door.
post #1085 of 3266
I can't get the soundbar bundle to work. I get to the last page of the checkout process,but there is no discount applied.
post #1086 of 3266
Any current price deals on the 60VT60 other than Paul's TV ($1899 w/ coupon)? I want to order from Amazon so looking for price match options. Does anyone know when the soundbar deal will expire?
post #1087 of 3266
Sorry if this has been discussed, but should I avoid Abe's of Maine? They clearly have the lowest prices on all VTs, plus no tax and free shipping. But reviews on other sites are generally terrible. Thoughts?
post #1088 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmalone87 View Post

Sorry if this has been discussed, but should I avoid Abe's of Maine? They clearly have the lowest prices on all VTs, plus no tax and free shipping. But reviews on other sites are generally terrible. Thoughts?

What is Abe's return policy? Restocking fee? Find out! Not worth saving upfront if it costs you more later IF you get a TV with issues. It does happen occasionally. Best wishes.
I always suggest Amazon...
post #1089 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by busbeepbeep View Post

I can't get the soundbar bundle to work. I get to the last page of the checkout process,but there is no discount applied.
Contact an Amazon CSR by chat before your order is placed. Send them the link for the soundbar and they will set you up...
post #1090 of 3266
So i had to get a full refund from Pauls do to two defected TVs being delivered to me. So I'm debating if I should go local at best buy order from Amazon. I believe Amazon and Best Buy are the same price. Now since I'm back at square one..I think this time I light grab the 65". The 60" with a price match plus tax will be 2015$ and the 65" with price match and tax will be 2400$. Pretty decent gap for 5" but might be worth it. Plus Amazons policy seem to be better than best buys
post #1091 of 3266
Panasonic has reduced the price for 65" Class VT60 Series for Black Friday - hoping now others to follow suit..
post #1092 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuserplasma View Post

Panasonic has reduced the price for 65" Class VT60 Series for Black Friday - hoping now others to follow suit..
Yup, looks like Panasonic.com now has it $2400 like most other places. It'll be interesting to see if it drops any more, but since (according to Speakerphile) it's getting close to cost, I'd be surprised if it drops more than another $100 or so.
post #1093 of 3266
Best buy magnolia has an un-advertised sale on the 55" VT60-- it's currently 1500 before tax. Picked up mine the night before last.

The 60" is still marked at 2k.
post #1094 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Best buy magnolia has an un-advertised sale on the 55" VT60-- it's currently 1500 before tax. Picked up mine the night before last.

The 60" is still marked at 2k.

Not sure what you saw, but the price for the 55" is $1750 nationwide. There is a bundle for a free Panasonic BDT-330 that pulls another $170 off the TV on the receipt, but the overall price is still the same.
post #1095 of 3266

Just checked Best Buy online and they don't even list Panasonic anymore.

 

 

My bad, I found them.

post #1096 of 3266
I might need to hit up a Magnolia store tomorrow. Heck they might be so happy I'm not just looking for a $300 70" LED that they strike me a good deal. Wishful thinking at least tongue.gif.
post #1097 of 3266

Are you guys really getting the free soundbar too? They took it off the page when I ordered my VT60 so I thought it was no longer offered. What are the chances they send it to me a week later?

post #1098 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerson1 View Post

I might need to hit up a Magnolia store tomorrow. Heck they might be so happy I'm not just looking for a $300 70" LED that they strike me a good deal. Wishful thinking at least tongue.gif.

For those swinging by a Best Buy/Magnolia, can you confirm what Build Dates you're getting? I'm curious if it's pre or post foam fan fix.
post #1099 of 3266
Be on the lookout for August or later correct? Is the fan issue just VT or did they have issues with the ST and ZT too?
post #1100 of 3266
Are the Panasonic prices at BB and others lasting beyond today?
post #1101 of 3266
Anyone ever buy from All Time TV's.. They are currently selling the P65VT60 for $2270.00 with a $10 off customer appreciation credit. Out the door w/ no tax or shipping is $2260.00. I've read through hundreds of very positive reviews on line. Just curious is anyone has personal experience with these guys.. Not a bad price if they are the real deal..
post #1102 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodobirdy View Post

Are the Panasonic prices at BB and others lasting beyond today?

Yes, with regard to VT/ZT.
post #1103 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Not sure what you saw, but the price for the 55" is $1750 nationwide. There is a bundle for a free Panasonic BDT-330 that pulls another $170 off the TV on the receipt, but the overall price is still the same.

No. It's not. I now have a 55vt60 that I purchased from magnolia best buy and I paid 1590 after tax. Thus, the reason I mentioned: unadvertised. I did not 'see' this I bought it. Sale ends this weekend.

Feel free and argue with me though.
post #1104 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

No. It's not. I now have a 55vt60 that I purchased from magnolia best buy and I paid 1590 after tax. Thus, the reason I mentioned: unadvertised. I did not 'see' this I bought it. Sale ends this weekend.

Feel free and argue with me though.

What store did you purchase it at? Would you mind showing a copy of your receipt?

I guess what I'm getting at is that the price in the system is $1749. If a store discounted the TV manually for you, it is not a sale. They just gave you a discount.

Not arguing with you about what the price is. I know what it is.
Edited by Speakerphile - 11/29/13 at 10:36am
post #1105 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

What store did you purchase it at? Would you mind showing a copy of your receipt?

I guess what I'm getting at is that the price in the system is $1749. If a store discounted the TV manually for you, it is not a sale. They just gave you a discount.

Not arguing with you about what the price is. I know what it is.

The placard at bestbuy (reading magnolia/Panasonic holiday sale) listed all three sizes of the VT and clearly stated the price as 1499.99. I grabbed a magnolia associate and asked him about it as this is NOT what is listed online. He confirmed the price was correct and then went to the computer to confirm stock. He claims they had two as of Wednesday night. This was the magnolia store in Novi, Michigan.

When I get home I'll see about posting a copy of my receipt-- but if I can't single out the price without disclosing any of my private info (I opened a best buy store charge on the same ticket) then you're out of luck because, honestly, I'm not concerned in the least about proving myself as I know what I paid and I was just trying to be kind and give a heads up to the other potential buyers here.

I did NOT receive a free bluray player. I saw a placard listing that promotion but it was in front of the ZT. I asked and was told it was exclusive for the ZT. Maybe I need to go back and get my free player? smile.gif

Edit: it occurred to me after your pushback that maybe this was a sale which had ended or had yet to begin but my father was at the same store location today and confirms to me the placard is still on display. You'd think if the price was incorrect they'd be quick to take down the sign!
Edited by sage11x - 11/29/13 at 11:49am
post #1106 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post


The placard at bestbuy (reading magnolia/Panasonic holiday sale) listed all three sizes of the VT and clearly stated the price as 1499.99. I grabbed a magnolia associate and asked him about it as this is NOT what is listed online. He confirmed the price was correct and then went to the computer to confirm stock. He claims they had two as of Wednesday night. This was the magnolia store in Novi, Michigan.

When I get home I'll see about posting a copy of my receipt-- but if I can't single out the price without disclosing any of my private info (I opened a best buy store charge on the same ticket) then you're out of luck because, honestly, I'm not concerned in the least about proving myself as I know what I paid and I was just trying to be kind and give a heads up to the other potential buyers here.

I did NOT receive a free bluray player. I saw a placard listing that promotion but it was in front of the ZT. I asked and was told it was exclusive for the ZT. Maybe I need to go back and get my free player? smile.gif

Edit: it occurred to me after your pushback that maybe this was a sale which had ended or had yet to begin but my father was at the same store location today and confirms to me the placard is still on display. You'd think if the price was incorrect they'd be quick to take down the sign!

 

I was at best buy in Buffalo NY today and saw the ST60 for this price. Maybe they are very sorely mistaken, or you got quite a sale! Either way, enjoy your new tv! I am enjoying mine! 

 

BTW, for anyone who was curious, I was able to contact Amazon and "In exception to standard policy, if I purchase the soundbar, they will process a refund for it.".

 

Great news for stupid people like me who didn't realize you could still get it.


Edited by KnoellAlex - 11/29/13 at 12:06pm
post #1107 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

The placard at bestbuy (reading magnolia/Panasonic holiday sale) listed all three sizes of the VT and clearly stated the price as 1499.99. I grabbed a magnolia associate and asked him about it as this is NOT what is listed online. He confirmed the price was correct and then went to the computer to confirm stock. He claims they had two as of Wednesday night. This was the magnolia store in Novi, Michigan.

When I get home I'll see about posting a copy of my receipt-- but if I can't single out the price without disclosing any of my private info (I opened a best buy store charge on the same ticket) then you're out of luck because, honestly, I'm not concerned in the least about proving myself as I know what I paid and I was just trying to be kind and give a heads up to the other potential buyers here.

I did NOT receive a free bluray player. I saw a placard listing that promotion but it was in front of the ZT. I asked and was told it was exclusive for the ZT. Maybe I need to go back and get my free player? smile.gif

Edit: it occurred to me after your pushback that maybe this was a sale which had ended or had yet to begin but my father was at the same store location today and confirms to me the placard is still on display. You'd think if the price was incorrect they'd be quick to take down the sign!

That explains it. The sign that you mention was not supposed to be put out in stores. It was created before the prices had been finalized and stores had received instructions to not put it out. The price is $1749, but the store did the right thing by honoring the sign since they had it out.

FWIW, the Blu-Ray off is not exclusive to the ZT series. It is available with the VT as well. That said, they may not honor it in combination with the $250 in additional savings you already received. You definitely got the best offer though already.wink.gif
post #1108 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoellAlex View Post

I was at best buy in Buffalo NY today and saw the ST60 for this price. Maybe they are very sorely mistaken, or you got quite a sale! Either way, enjoy your new tv! I am enjoying mine! 

BTW, for anyone who was curious, I was able to contact Amazon and "In exception to standard policy, if I purchase the soundbar, they will process a refund for it.".

Great news for stupid people like me who didn't realize you could still get it.

I had the same result. Buy both and they'll process a refund. I was on the chat.

Called BB to match and they weren't price matching or matching offers until Tuesday.
post #1109 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankchef0 View Post

Anyone ever buy from All Time TV's.. They are currently selling the P65VT60 for $2270.00 with a $10 off customer appreciation credit. Out the door w/ no tax or shipping is $2260.00. I've read through hundreds of very positive reviews on line. Just curious is anyone has personal experience with these guys.. Not a bad price if they are the real deal..

PaulsTV (and hence Amazon) is doing $2299. Why risk it for $40? Just saying.....
post #1110 of 3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerson1 View Post


I had the same result. Buy both and they'll process a refund. I was on the chat.

Called BB to match and they weren't price matching or matching offers until Tuesday.

 

 

Good deal, I wonder why they took it off of the page for the TV? Maybe they are running out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home