or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 5

post #121 of 3258
I am amazed at some if the discounting on the VT60.....means the Samsung F8500 street price is actually a little higher than the VT60


Warren
post #122 of 3258
I had no luck with BB in the Bay Area matching EastCoastTV price on the 65 VT of $2,675...anyone else really get close ? Everyone knows their inventory is only growing but it doesn't look like they want to deal...
post #123 of 3258
For what's it worth I just ordered my 60VT60 from EastCoastTV...after reading all the reviews on them here and on high def and reseller/BBB, decided to give it a whirl. Ordered it online Monday for 2149, with the 2% off of code "Paycheck" and first time customer discount of $15...that got it down to 2049 with free shipping.

Shortly after got email receipt and a phone call...pretty much asked why I used the code Paycheck when its if you only pay by check or wire transfer..since I was skeptical I said OK remove it because I want to pay by credit card for protection purposes. He then, like everyone has said, went into the hard sells. Started with the extended warranty said I didn't need it but he eventually went down to 149 for 3 years which I should have bought maybe but still didn't go for it....The funny part is during this convo I asked what he covered he said EVERYTHING, I go including burn-in? He goes what is burn-in? I just laughed and declined.. but I'm pretty sure its a MACK warranty for 149 isn't that bad for 3 years.

He then offered white glove delivery for 139 they will setup the TV and be more "gentle" to it etc...declined and he went down to 99 with a free HDMI cable. Said no and he stopped. He then finalized my order and said he had to add 2% for shipping insurance I argued and just said ok but if I did the white glove shipping insurance is included so for 3-5 business day delivery vs 7-10 for ""free" for an extra 30 bucks (99 - 2% difference) I went ahead and did it. So I got the TV shipped for a total of $2234.

Called today since I saw credit card charged said it was shipped and will send out tracking...sure enough tracking was sent out and its on its way to OH, I live in Indiana. I'll update the thread but just wanted to share, besides the hard upselling everything seems ok so far for those wanting to risk a little bit to get a pretty good price on the VT60.

Very excited to get the VT60, I have been more of a home theater buff 180" 2.35 screen with the RS55 but this is a replacing my first HDTV purchase...a 7 yr old 56"in Sammy DLP I got in college ...The 5688 which I still love dearly, I gave it to my dad since he doesn't have an HDTV yet and its still in great working over.
post #124 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfitzger View Post

For what's it worth I just ordered my 60VT60 from EastCoastTV...after reading all the reviews on them here and on high def and reseller/BBB, decided to give it a whirl. Ordered it online Monday for 2149, with the 2% off of code "Paycheck" and first time customer discount of $15...that got it down to 2049 with free shipping.

Shortly after got email receipt and a phone call...pretty much asked why I used the code Paycheck when its if you only pay by check or wire transfer..since I was skeptical I said OK remove it because I want to pay by credit card for protection purposes. He then, like everyone has said, went into the hard sells. Started with the extended warranty said I didn't need it but he eventually went down to 149 for 3 years which I should have bought maybe but still didn't go for it....The funny part is during this convo I asked what he covered he said EVERYTHING, I go including burn-in? He goes what is burn-in? I just laughed and declined.. but I'm pretty sure its a MACK warranty for 149 isn't that bad for 3 years.

He then offered white glove delivery for 139 they will setup the TV and be more "gentle" to it etc...declined and he went down to 99 with a free HDMI cable. Said no and he stopped. He then finalized my order and said he had to add 2% for shipping insurance I argued and just said ok but if I did the white glove shipping insurance is included so for 3-5 business day delivery vs 7-10 for ""free" for an extra 30 bucks (99 - 2% difference) I went ahead and did it. So I got the TV shipped for a total of $2234.

Called today since I saw credit card charged said it was shipped and will send out tracking...sure enough tracking was sent out and its on its way to OH, I live in Indiana. I'll update the thread but just wanted to share, besides the hard upselling everything seems ok so far for those wanting to risk a little bit to get a pretty good price on the VT60.

Very excited to get the VT60, I have been more of a home theater buff 180" 2.35 screen with the RS55 but this is a replacing my first HDTV purchase...a 7 yr old 56"in Sammy DLP I got in college ...The 5688 which I still love dearly, I gave it to my dad since he doesn't have an HDTV yet and its still in great working over.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
post #125 of 3258
$2,234 shipped from East Coast versus $2,400 shipped from Paul's (both "white glove"). Mine is at the local shipper and I'm trying to coordinate final delivery, so I should have it by mid-next week latest. Wondering if the extra $165 is worth it to order from a legit, authorized dealer. It is to me, but only if all goes well with Paul's.
post #126 of 3258
65VT60 is $3079 at QVC. + $159 S/H
Looks like they have a 30 day return policy
post #127 of 3258
Originally Posted by horsegoer
Went down to the BB where my friend was holding the 65" VT60 for me.

So I went I to the service menu and it had 33 minutes and 17 power ons. I got him down to $2200 but the glasses were missing. The picture just seemed okay. I mean the tv was returned for a reason right.

Anyway I decided to walk away from the tv.... I could still go back... Lol
post #128 of 3258
G
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsegoer View Post

Originally Posted by horsegoer
Went down to the BB where my friend was holding the 65" VT60 for me.

So I went I to the service menu and it had 33 minutes and 17 power ons. I got him down to $2200 but the glasses were missing. The picture just seemed okay. I mean the tv was returned for a reason right.

Anyway I decided to walk away from the tv.... I could still go back... Lol


Great deal i paid 2599.00 new
post #129 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

G
Great deal i paid 2599.00 new

Well then my $2,200 is not a great deal if you paid $400 more for a NEW tv.
post #130 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post

Well then my $2,200 is not a great deal if you paid $400 more for a NEW tv.

With only 33 min the set was on . I think your deal is great. I am sure nothing is wrong with it. I would of gladly taken a used set like yours instead of new
post #131 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

With only 33 min the set was on . I think your deal is great. I am sure nothing is wrong with it. I would of gladly taken a used set like yours instead of new

I'm with you 100%.....just keep saying to myself.."someone returned it for a reason" and it's funny. And they can't even tell me why it was returned...they/he does not know. That seems a little suspect. Will I have still have the manufacturer warranty buying an open box? My friend at BB said they really don't accept return......hmmmm.
post #132 of 3258
I've been hoping I could join this party.....sold my 65ST30 this week; thought about selling it last year and upgrading to the 2012 ST50 (all panny's discussed here represent the 65" size unless otherwise noted) since I heard it was a significant upgrade, but decided to hold off since one of the Panasonic reps at the "other" forum said they were coming with some significant plasma tech upgrades in the 2013 models. I have always watched the prices and discussions on these TVs over time and the prices don't seem to fluctuate that often; only once did I see the ST50 on Amazon's site go to the ~ $2000 mark, so I figured i wouldn't wait around this year and miss out on a great price even if it wasn't the best price. At any rate, I went into to hhgregg this past week, where I bought my ST30 at the end of 2011; the first day I saw the ST60 and VT60 they looked very similar to me so I decided I would go with the ST60 after I sold my ST30; however, after playing with the picture settings and examining them both more closely on a second visit, the VT60 really started looking significantly better to me; I also started hearing about the input lag and so so 3D performance on the ST60, and since I'm a serious gamer, I didn't want to be irritated while gaming, especially on the next gen systems coming out later this year, plus this is the last HDTV I plan on buying before OLED prices come down to earth.

Long story short, I told myself if I could get the VT60 for under 3K (including tax) I would pull the trigger (only from a reputable source though). I scoured the internet for the best price on this model and from my research, EastCoast TVs had the best advertised price. I printed out their ad and took it to hhgregg, they wouldn't match it, the lowest they would go was 3K (not including 8% sales tax and $80 for delivery) with a 10 minute window for me to decide, the 10 minute thing really angered me and I left the store. I didn't want to deal with BB since I always feel the no-commission drones could care less, but I thought, "what the heck", might as well try. So I went to BB and showed a home theater rep (who was very friendly and helpful) the eastcoasttv ad, he went to ask the manager, and with no questions or counter-offers they matched the price, with free shipping. My 65" VT60 out the door total price was $2895,97 after 5.5% sales tax and I got my dad the 60" VT60 for $2262.97 after 5.5% sales tax (they also gave me my dad's outer county sales tax rate).

My dad still has his Pioneer PRO-101FD (calibrated using CALMAN software but not professionally calibrated), so we will do some PQ comparisons after we calibrate his new Panny. Looks like BB, at least mine, is trying to live up to their name, obviously YMMV with your local BB but it's worth a shot. BTW, BB's in-store advertised price at the time I was there on the 65VT60 was $3399.98 and the 60VT60 was $2799.98. HHgregg was ~$3450 on the 65VT60 and they didn't even have the 60VT60 available to order.

P.S. Hey everybody, leave CSIG1001 alone! He might have fumbled the numbers a little bit at first but sometimes unbelievable deals actually happen.
post #133 of 3258
Need some help here folks. I can get a 60" ST60 for $1420 before tax or a 60" VT60 for $2289 before tax. Unfortunately the ZT60 is a bit out of my budget. This will be in a family room with a decent amount of light during the day. Is the VT60 worth the extra $800 over the ST60? This is replacing a 9 year old Sammy DLP so either one should be a major upgrade. Thanks!
Edited by Skarpachi - 5/31/13 at 7:01am
post #134 of 3258
Just got the 65 inch VT60 from Video Only a west coast retailer with stores in California, Oregon, and Washington in Northern California. After my negative experience with BB and Magnolia, walked in and got the EastcoastTV price of under $2,700 before California Tax no stress no nonsense. Being a BB silver member, I thought BB might come thru. I highly recommend Video Only.
post #135 of 3258
Couldn't people just get the best deal from east coast tv and get the square trade warranty? Comes out cheaper and a Panasonic warranty wouldn't be needed.
post #136 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarpachi View Post

Need some help here folks. I can get a 60" ST60 for $1420 before tax or a 60" VT60 for $2289 before tax. Unfortunately the ZT60 is a bit out of my budget. This will be in a family room with a decent amount of light during the say. Is the VT60 worth the extra $800 over the ST60? This is replacing a 9 year old Sammy DLP so either one should be a major upgrade. Thanks!


If you have light in the room find some scratch for the ZT or forever regret it


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
post #137 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfitzger View Post

For what's it worth I just ordered my 60VT60 from EastCoastTV...after reading all the reviews on them here and on high def and reseller/BBB, decided to give it a whirl. Ordered it online Monday for 2149, with the 2% off of code "Paycheck" and first time customer discount of $15...that got it down to 2049 with free shipping.
...

I'm having almost the exact same experience with Abe's of Maine so far. I tried to get Best Buy to price match but it was a no go. I am getting a 55VT60 and also a Samsung UN46ES8000. I was going to get the Samsung from Costco for $1500 since it was $300 cheaper than Amazon, but Abe's price of $1300 with free shipping seemed to good to pass up. The 55VT60 was $2,000 with free shipping. I was a little iffy about their no return's policy, but I figured AMEX would back me up on any issues and I can always do a charge back if there are any problems.

I ordered Tuesday evening. Wednesday I got an email asking I call in. The sales guy said he just wanted to verify the order since it was so large. He then went into a spiel about upgrading the shipping. The standard shipping is only curbside. He said they could ship Fedex for $150 per TV and that with this option there is a 10 day return window. Or they offer white glove for I think he said $250 per TV. I told him no thanks. Then he said that since the order was so large they would give me Fed Ex shipping for only $50 on the second TV so a total of $200. Still I said no.

Then he said they have an offer for $100 off a mount per TV so I should get their mounts at $300 each. Told them I already have a mount. He then said since it was such a large order that they would give me two mounts and the Fed Ex shipping for only $250. Still told him no.

Next he said that the free shipping had a required insurance charge of 5% which I had seen buried in the fine print, but I still told him that it only said free shipping on their website, hoping he would take it off. He said that he could point out where it was at on the website. I told him no need and asked how much it was. Came out to $165 so I figured for a little more I would upgrade to the Fedex with the included insurance and 10 day return window. Plus the Fedex is supposed to be expedited.

Afterwords he went into the extended warranties. I told him I don't do extended warranties and that anyway Amex gives me an automatic extended warranty on anything I buy. He stated that Panasonic has a 1 year warranty but it doesn't include in home service and that if there are any problems I will have to ship it to them which is costly. I know this isn't true, but I wasn't going to argue so I just said no.

This was on Wednesday and their website still says "order sent to warehouse". It better hurry up and ship or I'm going to have to call them up and complain. There website says 2-3 business days processing and it is now the third day. They made sure to get their money right away so they need to make sure I get my TV's right away.

All in all, I'm mildly satisfied so far. Still a great price on both TV's. We'll see how it goes from here.
post #138 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh901 View Post

$2,234 shipped from East Coast versus $2,400 shipped from Paul's (both "white glove"). Mine is at the local shipper and I'm trying to coordinate final delivery, so I should have it by mid-next week latest. Wondering if the extra $165 is worth it to order from a legit, authorized dealer. It is to me, but only if all goes well with Paul's.

Does this mean that East Coast TV is not a legitimate authorized dealer? I've been thinking of getting a VT60 from them, but will not do so if they are not authorized.

Thanks.

Cal68
post #139 of 3258
A good deal for purchasers in California is definitely Paul's TV.

If you log in and set up an account the price shows $3,399.99. I called in to price match Eastcoasttv or Abe's of Maine, but they wouldn't do it.

But currently they have a promotion for $3099 which includes tax even in California and White Glove Delivery. There is addition $5 E waste for total of $3014. On top of that since I'm in California, they will deliver next day.

They also include the $250 gift cards. I've pasted the details below.


Order Details
Other Totals:
Total Merchandise:
$3,099.99
Total Taxes:
$0.00
Total Shipping:
$0.00
E-Waste:
$5.00
Order Total:
$3,104.99
Item Details Ship Via Qty Price
TCP65VT60 (TCP65VT60)
Shipping 1 $3,099.99
White Glove Delivery Upgrade (WHITEGLOVE)
Shipping 1 $0.00
GC250BP (GC250BP)
Shipping 1 $0.00
post #140 of 3258
Wow....$2,709 from Eastcoast TV for the 65"...before the 2% coupon code.....free shipping and no tax. Now thats the beat deal i have seen
post #141 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsegoer View Post

Wow....$2,709 from Eastcoast TV for the 65"...before the 2% coupon code.....free shipping and no tax. Now thats the beat deal i have seen

Careful on this I am dealing with them now as I ordered the 60"....They up sale you hard and now the express shipping they promised has turned into 14 business days to get the TV...they did refund the shipping but they are a hassle to deal with for the low price.
post #142 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsegoer View Post

Wow....$2,709 from Eastcoast TV for the 65"...before the 2% coupon code.....free shipping and no tax. Now thats the beat deal i have seen

Although I had to pay California sales tax I got $2,650 for the 65 inch VT60 from Video Only a authorized retailer best retail experience I have ever had I can't wait for BB to go out of business....
post #143 of 3258
I would not personally buy from East Coast, but I do hope our members here have a positive experience. That said, what is the savings over Paul's? Is it worth the risk?

The "White glove" went well on my end. I don't see the $2,400 all-in for the 60", delivered "white glove", being beaten by a meaningful amount anytime soon (from a legit, authorized dealer). I've got the slideshow running now, so I'll be ready to rock Friday evening. I also received the Paul's GE credit card and set myself up online to schedule the 6 payments. Easy, easy! I'm a big fan of free credit.
post #144 of 3258
Got approved for a Pauls TV cc but they are showing $3,399 for the 65". i thought this tv was about 3k.....ugh!!!eek.gifmad.gif
post #145 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post

Got approved for a Pauls TV cc but they are showing $3,399 for the 65". i thought this tv was about 3k.....ugh!!!eek.gifmad.gif

Step by step:

1) Pick up the phone- mobile or land line will do
2) Dial their number
3) Tell the sales guy you are looking at the 65" VT60
4) If he tells you about a $400 reduction, then you are good
5) Else, just ask.
6) Proceed with order.
post #146 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh901 View Post

Step by step:

1) Pick up the phone- mobile or land line will do
2) Dial their number
3) Tell the sales guy you are looking at the 65" VT60
4) If he tells you about a $400 reduction, then you are good
5) Else, just ask.
6) Proceed with order.

I wouldnt pay more than 2599.00 lol
post #147 of 3258
One can say this and that, however I like the quote " The best deal is not always the best price". Sharp smart, the BBB first >>> http://www.bbb.org/us/Find-Business-Reviews/
post #148 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy202022 View Post

Although I had to pay California sales tax I got $2,650 for the 65 inch VT60 from Video Only a authorized retailer best retail experience I have ever had I can't wait for BB to go out of business....

Gotta throw in a warning here...I thought they were great too until I dug a little deeper. They have a horrible return policy that they don't disclose, you open it and it's store credit only from that point on. Also many BBB complaints, and they have a negative rating with the BBB.
post #149 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarpachi View Post

Need some help here folks. I can get a 60" ST60 for $1420 before tax or a 60" VT60 for $2289 before tax. Unfortunately the ZT60 is a bit out of my budget. This will be in a family room with a decent amount of light during the day. Is the VT60 worth the extra $800 over the ST60? This is replacing a 9 year old Sammy DLP so either one should be a major upgrade. Thanks!

I'd say no. If money is any kind of an issue, the difference between them isn't worth that much IMO. ST60 is fantastic for the price. You won't regret it.
post #150 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post

I'm with you 100%.....just keep saying to myself.."someone returned it for a reason" and it's funny. And they can't even tell me why it was returned...they/he does not know. That seems a little suspect. Will I have still have the manufacturer warranty buying an open box? My friend at BB said they really don't accept return......hmmmm.

Add another one who would have taken that deal. At 33 minutes that was basically new. People return TVs for all kinds of stupid reasons. Some people just decide they hate plasma after they get it home lol. Not everyone is an avid videophille like us here. With that little time on the set, I'd say there probably was no real issue, and even if there is, BB gives you 15 days to return it. I'd grab it and do an in house test. But check for scratches & dead pixels first of course!

Don't dwell too much on the 2599 new price that was quoted. So far that deal has been pretty much unobtainable for everyone else, so unless the planes really align I'd say the difference between that and new is much more.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home