or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 8

post #211 of 3277
Been awhile since I have been on here. I purchased a 65vt60 out the door from BB for just $2724.01 today. I called and asked if they would price match the ECTV price. The manager said he would. I pick it up on Sunday.
post #212 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

I got mine for 2599+tax rewards back 115.00 and free best buy calibration.
Also got 4 year warranty for 399.00
Square trade.
Still waiting for someone to post a better deal, ive held the best price since may15

If it makes you feel better I got my ZT for less than that :-)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
post #213 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Stop bragging, bro (the BB calibration isn't necessarily anything to brag about anyway wink.gif).

Bragging? ROFL
Bro
Your funny , i am being informative to help others
I must hurt your feelings
post #214 of 3277
My feelings are not hurt. Being informative and being repetitious are two separate things.biggrin.gif
post #215 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

I got mine for 2599+tax rewards back 115.00 and free best buy calibration.
Also got 4 year warranty for 399.00
Square trade.
Still waiting for someone to post a better deal, ive held the best price since may15

$399 for the 4 year SquareTrade warranty? Why don't you save yourself $300 and buy the Costco SquareTrade TV plan for $99?
It covers an EXTRA 3 years after your manufacturer's warranty (equivalent to the 4 year plan you bought) and the TV doesn't have to be purchased from Costco. Even if you aren't a member, there's only an extra $5 non-member surcharge.
post #216 of 3277
Cool i will take a look when i go to costco

i am a member and will ask
thanks !for the advice

very informative
post #217 of 3277
Get your credit cards warm. Amazon.com just dropped to $2,920.15 for 65VT60.
post #218 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfraso View Post

Get your credit cards warm. Amazon.com just dropped to $2,920.15 for 65VT60.

This is perfect timing for me! I was prepared to start getting quotes next week and buy it. This price plus free shipping plus no tax plus about $60 back is almost worth not the time and hassle of bargaining. No Magnolias by me anyways.
post #219 of 3277
So pretty good experiences buying TV's from Amazon?
post #220 of 3277
60 inch is going for $2,262 shipped on amazon right now.
post #221 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post

So pretty good experiences buying TV's from Amazon?

My experience has been good. I purchased a 60" E7000 from Amazon then later swapped it for a GT50. Amazon's extremely easy to deal with; when I called about the return for a different model they immediately set it up so that the new one would be delivered at the same time the old one was picked up. The real thing to know about is how freight shipping works, which I'll describe below. Objects this large and heavy aren't handled by the normal residential shipping companies like UPS or FedEx, and the companies that do handle large deliveries do business a little differently.

TV's are delivered by freight companies which do a lot of extremely large, heavy deliveries to businesses. Usually it will be shipped to the closest major city by a national freight company, then they may outsource the final delivery to regional delivery contractors depending on where you live. This is where your quality of service can vary by location. In my case, both times two people showed up, brought the TV in, put it where I wanted on the stand and even waited a minute while I quickly put up some test patterns to check for any really extreme defects (if you're going to do this have your USB drive ready to go though). That's the quality of service you're supposed to get, but I've heard stories of deliveries, especially in rural areas, where drivers tried to just leave the TV without offering to set it up, etc. You can ask them to just leave it in the box if you prefer, but they probably won't let you just remove the box top and plug it in to test; by the contract they have to either set it up completely for testing or leave it unopened. Make sure they don't try to set it up by putting the panel face down and installing the stand (often done with LCDs) because plasma panels were made to be set onto the assembled stand and it won't be seated properly if they do it the wrong way.

Because of how the shipping works you have to arrange a delivery date with the freight company. When you're choosing shipping options I think it's best to pick the "The carrier will call you at ..." option, listed as "standard delivery" instead of "scheduled." The online scheduling thing is super-conservative about delivery estimates (often listing a shipping time of a week), so the TV may arrive in your city much sooner and just sit at the warehouse if you pick from the available dates on Amazon. If you pick the "call" option you may get an earlier delivery date than what Amazon is listing (depends on your proximity to the shipping warehouse of course).


...
So that 60" is really tempting. I imagine it'll get down around $2000 eventually, but not until end of year sales if we follow last year's trends. That's a lot of TV for the same price I paid for my 5080HD (~$2000, but at Best Buy so close after tax).
post #222 of 3277
Best Buy will match and only charged me half of our state/local sales tax. I had bought mine 30 days ago.
post #223 of 3277
Oh thanks, Amazon! I literally ordered this TV from a local Magnolia/BB three days ago....I thought I was doing well to get the 65 inch for 2999.00. The TV hasn't even been delivered yet. However, I ordered a BDI stand and 60 inch Sammy LED with it and they knocked off quite a bit for all of it. All three from Amazon is now 80 dollars less than I paid. I better get stellar delivery and setup from BB.

Edit: So I just got off the phone with 1800 BB. I explained that I was seeking the 80 dollars difference between the price I paid and Amazons on a TV that hasn't been delivered yet. I got the total run-around with the young man explaining he would have to cancel the order then order a new one, possibly screwing up my critical delivery date (we are moving into a new house and I went this all to happen on one day). I asked why he couldn't just credit me the 80 dollars and call it a day. That would make too much sense I guess. I will probably cancel the TV and order from Amazon saving me closer to 300 dollars when tax is figured (Dear NSA and IRS, I always pay Internet sales tax). I haven't fooled with BB in years, now I remember why.
Edited by chmccorkle - 6/29/13 at 6:49pm
post #224 of 3277
I got mine 30 days ago and they knocked of $323 to meet the Amazon price plus 5% sales tax vs. 10 that I brought in today for the match. Have to talk to store manager, not rank and file. Not much different the EC for price when you had the 4% shipping insurance and delivery costs, plus you can return these.
post #225 of 3277
65vt65 is $2600-2700 shipped at Paulstv after coupon. Tax in some. Enjoy. Might have to call them as coupon not working yet....
post #226 of 3277
BBY has the 65vt60 for $2919 advertised today.
post #227 of 3277
I almost picked up the set 2 days ago, 65VT60. My Magnolia store wouldn't match Pauls TV with the Tax. So I am at $3,160 roughly tax included after or $3,120 as in Texas Amazon charges sales tax. Paul's TV at 2,700 sounds like a hell of a deal. If Best Buy will match tax or not I think that is the way I will go.
post #228 of 3277
Got my price match post purchase from BB. It's almost a sane process when they drop the price. If you read the fine print in their price match policy, they will only do it post purchase if they lower the price, not someone else. The obvious work around is to cancel or return and re-buy at new lower price matched price. Big thank you to the poster that pointed out BB dropping their price today.
post #229 of 3277
For some reason the Save 400 code is working on the 60in. VT and not the 65in. I called though and they will honor the pricing over the phone of $2700 out the door.

https://www.paulstv.com/coupons.asp
post #230 of 3277
Amazon's price for the 60" VT60 seems to have gone back up today (from $2,261.98 yesterday to $2,754.98 today). I wonder if that was a glitch in their system smile.gif Such a huge drop for only a few days seems weird to me. (Is that common?)

Wondering if Best Buy's price had also dropped, I stopped by BB's Sunnyvale CA store today, and sure enough, they had the 60" VT60 on sale at the same price Amazon had it yesterday ($2,261.98). In fact, the 60" was actually cheaper than the 55" there! The sales guy told me that their sales run for a week (from Sunday to Saturday). Hope that helps...
Edited by MythBuster - 6/30/13 at 6:07pm
post #231 of 3277
65" is $3298 today. Yesterday I purchased it for $2920.13. Glad I jumped on it.
post #232 of 3277
I took me 3 Magnolias, but I finally found one that would price match Paul's TV for the 65VT60, $2700 plus tax so I couldn't be happier! I also purchased a Oppo BDP-103 so I think they did OK. They wanted me to bite on crazy ass priced $ HDMI cables, extended warranties but no deal. They didn't look terribly pleased when I left and I put it on a Best Buy credit card with 0% interest for 2 years. Being delivered on Wednesday.
Edited by PRO-630HD - 6/30/13 at 6:48pm
post #233 of 3277
I pulled the trigger today. Pauls TV, 65"VT60 $2699 + Free White glove delivery and 2 yr warranty.
I did a price match request online using the East Coast TVs price, the cust svc rep contatced me about two days ago and said no. Today he called back and offer me this deal at first I tried to get it at a lower price 30% off range, but 25% off, free white glove/shipping and 2 yr warranty would do it for me.

Happy hunting
post #234 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythBuster View Post

Amazon's price for the 60" VT60 seems to have gone back up today (from $2,261.98 yesterday to $2,754.98 today). I wonder if that was a glitch in their system smile.gif Such a huge drop for only a few days seems weird to me. (Is that common?)

Wondering if Best Buy's price had also dropped, I stopped by BB's Sunnyvale CA store today, and sure enough, they had the 60" VT60 on sale at the same price Amazon had it yesterday ($2,261.98). In fact, the 60" was actually cheaper than the 55" there! The sales guy told me that their sales run for a week (from Sunday to Saturday). Hope that helps...

I purchased a 60VT60 from BB's on Sunday for $2261, however I might cancel that order because I really wanted the ST60, I might just wait for the ST60.
post #235 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post

I purchased a 60VT60 from BB's on Sunday for $2261, however I might cancel that order because I really wanted the ST60, I might just wait for the ST60.

You running a fever? I know it's very hot out west right now.
post #236 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythBuster View Post

Amazon's price for the 60" VT60 seems to have gone back up today (from $2,261.98 yesterday to $2,754.98 today). I wonder if that was a glitch in their system smile.gif Such a huge drop for only a few days seems weird to me. (Is that common?)

Wondering if Best Buy's price had also dropped, I stopped by BB's Sunnyvale CA store today, and sure enough, they had the 60" VT60 on sale at the same price Amazon had it yesterday ($2,261.98). In fact, the 60" was actually cheaper than the 55" there! The sales guy told me that their sales run for a week (from Sunday to Saturday). Hope that helps...

If you go look at the graphs for previous year models you'll see that a really strong, short June sale is pretty much standard. I don't expect the Amazon price to be down that low again until we're approaching the end of the year, at which point it might go another $250 or so lower than the prices we just saw (again, based on trends of last year). It's possible that it might dip back down to the same range once or twice between now and then, but if so it'll likely be extremely brief.

This graph for the 65" VT50 shows a similar pattern, but for some reason the 60" VT50 listing is completely missing: http://camelcamelcamel.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-P65VT50-65-Inch-Plasma/product/B00752VLSG?context=browse

My guess is that 60" is likely to get the best discounts as it's probably the least popular model (if you want small because of space issues you're going 55", and if you're thinking serious home theater even 65" is kind of small).
post #237 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post

You running a fever? I know it's very hot out west right now.

Why do you say that?
post #238 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post

Why do you say that?

Why would you go from a VT60 to an ST60? Especially when you got a great price on the VT60, which is clearly a superior display.
post #239 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post

Why would you go from a VT60 to an ST60? Especially when you got a great price on the VT60, which is clearly a superior display.

I just wonder how superior? I have yet to read anyone qualify that claim. Superior how? I have read that the PQ between the ST60 and VT60 is so close that is hard to discern a difference. Also, even at the sale price of $2261 for the VT60, it still cost $761 more than the ST60. I must admit I'm very skeptical that the VT60 is that superior.

I think I kind of pulled the trigger on the VT out of frustration that the ST60's are all out of stock. I'm also kind of suspicious that Panasonic could have flooded that market with the ST60, but purposefully released a limited supply so that they could seduce people like me into buying the higher priced VT.
post #240 of 3277
i got my 65" for 2599+tax silver rewards

I would say 1800-2200 for a 60" is a good deal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home