or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 81

post #2401 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post

The price on Amazon just went up to $3999

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-P65VT60-65-Inch-Includes-Glasses/dp/B00BC4SN9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389906179&sr=8-1&keywords=tc-p65vt60


I will sell my spare for $3975 delivered wink.gif

you know when amazon is pulling this, you are at the end of supply as we know it. the 60 inchers will be in the same situation in a months time.
post #2402 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

Maybe not new stock, but sooner or later there's bound to be someone who bought on impulse given the end-of-the-line aspect of this Panasonic scenario. Someone who is better suited for LCD or a projector or a smaller size plasma or someone who comes to find they simply prefer the performance attributes of the current or possibly forthcoming version of the Samsung 8500 plasma. Then, there you will be, fully prepared to score a discounted "like new" Panasonic VT/ZT! biggrin.gif

I honestly don't agree with this from a financial standpoint. Anyone selling their Kuros for discount price? The answer is no, they aren't selling them, and two if it was resold it would be at a high premium. Supply and demand is starting to take toll on the VT/ZT60's and right now and this is as is good as it will get. If your waiting on reduced prices compared to todays selling price, your living in a pipe dream. Better get one while its available.
post #2403 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

I honestly don't agree with this from a financial standpoint. Anyone selling their Kuros for discount price? The answer is no, they aren't selling them, and two if it was resold it would be at a high premium. Supply and demand is starting to take toll on the VT/ZT60's and right now and this is as is good as it will get. If your waiting on reduced prices compared to todays selling price, your living in a pipe dream. Better get one while its available.

I'm presuming that he means a returned set re-sold as an open box from someone who had a buyer's remorse or situational reason for returning it. Because I agree that if someone was selling it on their own months down the road they're likely gonna command a premium, not just sell it for what they paid.
post #2404 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

you know when amazon is pulling this, you are at the end of supply as we know it. the 60 inchers will be in the same situation in a months time.

Amazon is not pulling anything on anyone. Those are from a 3rd party seller and has nothing to do with Amazon.
post #2405 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

I honestly don't agree with this from a financial standpoint. Anyone selling their Kuros for discount price? The answer is no, they aren't selling them, and two if it was resold it would be at a high premium. Supply and demand is starting to take toll on the VT/ZT60's and right now and this is as is good as it will get. If your waiting on reduced prices compared to todays selling price, your living in a pipe dream. Better get one while its available.
The thing that is going to really dictate the resale price of a VT60/ZT60 is how quickly manufacturers can make something just as good and affordable whether it be FALD LED or OLED. In 2014 we are going to see quite a few FALD TV's so it will be interesting to see how well they perform. Also, if 4K picks up as time goes on and streaming services jump on the bandwagon and can successfully stream 4K, whether you can notice a difference between 4K and 1080p won't matter, 1080P sets will not be as wanted anymore.

The P series from Vizio on paper sounds great. For a little over $2,000 you will be able to get a 65" 4K FALD TV. For a little more then that you can get a 70" P series which is a size plasma owners could never have. I do not think Plasma's are going to hold their value like the Kuro's did based on where the market is already going and who would have thought that market would be led by Vizio!
Edited by eric3316 - 1/17/14 at 6:45am
post #2406 of 3264
Is this a dumb question? Will 1080i or 1080p look as good on a 4K panel or since the panel is designed for 4K would lesser definition formats look worse? I know I am not in a hurry to jump on the 4K bandwagon, heck 1080p is hard to come buy, other than Blu-Ray and pay per view movies. In about five years I might be in for it, right now I am satisfied with plain old 1080 and 720.
post #2407 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

The thing that is going to really dictate the resale price of a VT60/ZT60 is how quickly manufacturers can make something just as good and affordable whether it be FALD LED or OLED. In 2014 we are going to see quite a few FALD TV's so it will be interesting to see how well they perform. Also, if 4K picks up as time goes on and streaming services jump on the bandwagon and can successfully stream 4K, whether you can notice a difference between 4K and 1080p won't matter, 1080P sets will not be as wanted anymore.

The P series from Vizio on paper sounds great. For a little of $2,000 you will be able to get a 65" 4K FALD TV. For a little more then that you can get a 70" P series which is a size plasma owners could never have. I do not think Plasma's are going to hold their value like the Kuro's did based on where the market is already going and who would have thought that market would be led be Vizio!

What is FALD?
post #2408 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

What is FALD?
Full Array Local Dimming
post #2409 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Full Array Local Dimming
Thanks.
post #2410 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd68 View Post

Is this a dumb question? Will 1080i or 1080p look as good on a 4K panel or since the panel is designed for 4K would lesser definition formats look worse? I know I am not in a hurry to jump on the 4K bandwagon, heck 1080p is hard to come buy, other than Blu-Ray and pay per view movies. In about five years I might be in for it, right now I am satisfied with plain old 1080 and 720.
There have been mixed reports so far depending on who you talk to. I am not sure if the panel has to upscale everything to 4K in order to play on the TV or if it actually plays natively as 1080P although I am not sure if that is possible. Either way, if it ain't there yet I am sure it will improve with the technology. I cannot imagine how they can ignore 1080P quality on a 4K TV because for the next 3-5 years if not more you will mostly be watching 1080p or lower quality on your TV anyway.
post #2411 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

There have been mixed reports so far depending on who you talk to. I am not sure if the panel has to upscale everything to 4K in order to play on the TV or if it actually plays natively as 1080P although I am not sure if that is possible. Either way, if it ain't there yet I am sure it will improve with the technology. I cannot imagine how they can ignore 1080P quality on a 4K TV because for the next 3-5 years if not more you will mostly be watching 1080p or lower quality on your TV anyway.

It all depends on the quality of the upscaler built into the TV. So far, with the nicer 4K models that have come out, 1080p looks as good or better. They do upscale everything to 4K(UHD). With all of the cheap 4K models hitting this year though, it's anybody's guess as to whether they will do as well with upscaling. So we'll have to wait and see.
post #2412 of 3264
Thanks guys, so at least if you dont have much 4K material to marvel at, your old Blu-Rays still should look good.
post #2413 of 3264
1 p65VT60 back in stock at Amazon. Someone must have cancelled. I imagine this will happen a few times as people bail out before the tv ships.
post #2414 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

I honestly don't agree with this from a financial standpoint. Anyone selling their Kuros for discount price? The answer is no, they aren't selling them, and two if it was resold it would be at a high premium. Supply and demand is starting to take toll on the VT/ZT60's and right now and this is as is good as it will get. If your waiting on reduced prices compared to todays selling price, your living in a pipe dream. Better get one while its available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

Maybe not new stock, but sooner or later there's bound to be someone who bought on impulse given the end-of-the-line aspect of this Panasonic scenario. Someone who is better suited for LCD or a projector or a smaller size plasma or someone who comes to find they simply prefer the performance attributes of the current or possibly forthcoming version of the Samsung 8500 plasma. Then, there you will be, fully prepared to score a discounted "like new" Panasonic VT/ZT! biggrin.gif

That would be me. Sounds like I would be better served to use an lcd. I missed my window to cancel online and mine is being delivered on Monday but really don't know what to do at this point. Call Amazon to cancel, sell it to someone locally for close to what I paid 2k, or just keep and change my viewing. Due to other financial situations that just arose the last option doesn't seem likely for me. Might have to reallocate the money to other neccessities.
Edited by Ken54321 - 1/17/14 at 11:03am
post #2415 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatLocker View Post

1 p65VT60 back in stock at Amazon. Someone must have cancelled. I imagine this will happen a few times as people bail out before the tv ships.

Gone already? I don't see one at Amazon.
post #2416 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Gone already? I don't see one at Amazon.

I'm sure there will be a few more, but I doubt they will last long. Price was the same as yesterday, $2294.99.
post #2417 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken54321 View Post


That would be me. Sounds like for me I would be better served to use an lcd. I missed my window to cancel and mine is being delivered on Monday but really don'tknow what to do at this point. Call Amazon to cancel, sell Iit to someone locally for close to what I paid 2k, or just keep and change my viewing. Due to other financial situations that just arose the last option doesn't seem likely for me.

Not possible. You must be lying because Whityfrd says this is only a pipe dream scenario. wink.gif

If you've made up your mind about it, I would call Amazon and tell them you want to cancel or you will be refusing delivery. Try to nip it in the bud ASAP so you don't have to deal with trying to sell it privately. If you decide to accept delivery, perhaps let people know your location. Maybe someone will pay what you paid or even slightly higher if your particular VT60 size is now or soon-to-be nowhere to be found, at least for a similar price.
post #2418 of 3264
LOL that's pretty funny. I guess I'm doing the impossible .

I really really want the TV but you are right that I'm better off just canceling the TV with Amazon. I am in Central Florida just in case I drag my feet too long. By the way, any one know any good deals on pediatric hearing aids?
post #2419 of 3264
Amazon doesn't charge any fees for canceling do they? I hope not because I bought at the $2000 price and they are selling now for $2300. They can easily sell it for more now.
post #2420 of 3264
Set just arrived, can't turn it on for a few hours though, still too cold. Screen looks perfect, pilot sent only one guy but he was great. Unboxed, helped me assemble the base and lift this monster onto the stand.
post #2421 of 3264
Mine was delivered this morning but they said they could not help me put it on the stand or set it up. They didn't even call before delivery. The driver called me and said he was pounding on my door but no one was answering. At least he waited for me to drive back home from work (10 min's).
post #2422 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonestert View Post

Mine was delivered this morning but they said they could not help me put it on the stand or set it up. They didn't even call before delivery. The driver called me and said he was pounding on my door but no one was answering. At least he waited for me to drive back home from work (10 min's).

Didn't you have a delivery time range?
post #2423 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb4 View Post

Didn't you have a delivery time range?
Yes but they were suppose to call from what I understand. Before I left for work I tried calling CEVA but the # on their web site is disconnected then I tried the local office but it went straight to VM.
post #2424 of 3264
Delivery time range?

Surely you jest!

Do they pay attention to those?
post #2425 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebesthereis View Post

Delivery time range?

Surely you jest!

Do they pay attention to those?

Nope. Mine was supposed to be delivered (CEVA) sometime between 2 and 5pm. I called them at 6 to find out what the deal was and they told me it wasn't even in my state yet. They aren't going to be able to deliver it until sometime next week.
post #2426 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrISM View Post

Nope. Mine was supposed to be delivered (CEVA) sometime between 2 and 5pm. I called them at 6 to find out what the deal was and they told me it wasn't even in my state yet. They aren't going to be able to deliver it until sometime next week.

Same here. Was supposed to get it today. Now its Tuesday.
post #2427 of 3264
mine is supposed to be delivered by ceva tomorrow between 9 and 12. I called today to confirm and I will be pissed if they don't show up.
post #2428 of 3264
Brandsmart in store sale 65VT60 for $2997 and then you get a $800 gift card ends 1/18, mine gets delivered tomorrow. They also took $140 off the 5 year warranty.
post #2429 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post

Brandsmart in store sale 65VT60 for $2997 and then you get a $800 gift card ends 1/18, mine gets delivered tomorrow. They also took $140 off the 5 year warranty.

 

I'm still waiting to see if anyone has actually "received" TVs from any of the deals from Brandsmart????? Did you go through "Rudy"?

 

Please let us know how it ends up!


Edited by CatchersDad - 1/17/14 at 9:29pm
post #2430 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

I'm still waiting to see if anyone has actually "received" TVs from any of the deals from Brandsmart????? Did you go through "Rudy"?

Please let us know how it ends up!


Called store first to confirm stock, then went in. I was called last night to confirm my delivery time today, so I should know in about 4-5 hours. I also have one on order from Amazon, but since their stock ran out I am nervous, they will not confirm if mine will ship. I also have one reserved elsewhere.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home