or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 17

post #481 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf1010 View Post

Hello Vanguard223
I just took delivery in NJ of a 65vt60 from Pauls Tv tonight. I ordered it last week also for @2499. It was delivered by a freight truck company. I had to give the guy a hand offloading and carrying into the house. He help me lift the tv out of the box to inspect the bottom and bottom corners. The box looked a bit worn, but nothing wrong with the tv. No cracks, chips or scratches. Put batteries in remote and turned it on. I never felt rushed or pressured to sign the received document. Overall is was a great white glove delivery. I'm sure you will have no issues with the Tv and delivery.

Glad to hear it went well. Isn't the goal though to have them do all the work, with white glove delivery? Assuming the white glove was free though, so I guess you can't complain, except to say that it wasn't really white glove.
post #482 of 3258
Went down to Paul's in Colorado, they told me they would pay the tax even though the website said Colorado is exempted for the no tax deal. They didn't have any in stock but let me put down a deposit to keep the price at $2499. I figure it gives me a bit of time in case the price drops somewhere else over the next week.
post #483 of 3258
I am waiting for a decent price drop on the 55". I am tempted to buy the Samsung 8500 because it is about 400-500 cheaper but the 51" is not the perfect size for my room nor do I like the stand.

I called BB and they are still at 2299, like amazon. I am losing my mind checking this thread, slickdeals, fatwallet, etc waiting for something to change. I think I may be ill.
post #484 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedahammer View Post

I am waiting for a decent price drop on the 55". I am tempted to buy the Samsung 8500 because it is about 400-500 cheaper but the 51" is not the perfect size for my room nor do I like the stand.

I called BB and they are still at 2299, like amazon. I am losing my mind checking this thread, slickdeals, fatwallet, etc waiting for something to change. I think I may be ill.

Id go into best buy and make them an offer. I got my 65vt60 for 2399 delivered just by making them the offer........never hurts to ask.
post #485 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedahammer View Post

I am waiting for a decent price drop on the 55". I am tempted to buy the Samsung 8500 because it is about 400-500 cheaper but the 51" is not the perfect size for my room nor do I like the stand.

I called BB and they are still at 2299, like amazon. I am losing my mind checking this thread, slickdeals, fatwallet, etc waiting for something to change. I think I may be ill.

The 55VT is not priced at $2299 in store. Call them back and ask them to check POS, and not their web site.
post #486 of 3258
what price did you see? The closest store that carries that tv in my area is a 30 minute drive one way. I tried calling the store and they have two numbers but no one ever answer the one number and the other number goes to a central station.
post #487 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedahammer View Post

what price did you see? The closest store that carries that tv in my area is a 30 minute drive one way. I tried calling the store and they have two numbers but no one ever answer the one number and the other number goes to a central station.

The central phone operator should be able to help you. Just be specific that you want them to check the in store price on either the POS or Retek(RSS). Unfortunately, since I work for them, I am unable to post prices on AVS.
post #488 of 3258
Just confirmed with the BB that carries that unit and it is $1,799 in the store I am going to drive down and check it out (my local BB does not carry it)
Edited by mikedahammer - 8/2/13 at 8:58am
post #489 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Glad to hear it went well. Isn't the goal though to have them do all the work, with white glove delivery? Assuming the white glove was free though, so I guess you can't complain, except to say that it wasn't really white glove.

white glove is typically an upcharge....and one that most people dont seem to want to pay for

In my experience of ordering TV's online...all they typically say is "threshold " delivery...they will bring it just inside your front door

For several hundred dollars in savings I have been ok with that in the past



Warren
post #490 of 3258
anyone have experience w greystoneappliance?

just ordered i hope it arrives lol
post #491 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeed76 View Post

anyone have experience w greystoneappliance?

just ordered i hope it arrives lol

Hopefully you paid for their "premium shipping". It seems they have a bad reputation with regard to their free shipping option. Out of curiosity, what did you pay?
post #492 of 3258
$2399 on their website. curiously their ebay store lists it for $3099
post #493 of 3258
I also ordered a P55VT60 in Best Buy for $1,799 with free delivery. This is an in-store offer only that apparently is not being advertised. However, for whatever reason my local Best Buy had a chart posted in the Magnolia hifi section stating the deal is part of a "step up" program, where representatives are supposed to suggest the P55VT60 to people buying less expensive Samsung TVs. In any case, it seems like the best deal, as the only places offering a lower price online are sketchy retailers with slow shipping. In my case, delivery is going to take place on three days after ordering. Best Buy didn't try very hard to sell me added services, but your mileage may very.
post #494 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by facelessclock View Post

I also ordered a P55VT60 in Best Buy for $1,799 with free delivery. This is an in-store offer only that apparently is not being advertised. However, for whatever reason my local Best Buy had a chart posted in the Magnolia hifi section stating the deal is part of a "step up" program, where representatives are supposed to suggest the P55VT60 to people buying less expensive Samsung TVs. In any case, it seems like the best deal, as the only places offering a lower price online are sketchy retailers with slow shipping. In my case, delivery is going to take place on three days after ordering. Best Buy didn't try very hard to sell me added services, but your mileage may very.

What store did you get yours at, if you don't mind?
post #495 of 3258
I saw it for $1,799 in Manassas Virginia and they had one in Martinsburg, WV which is not a magnolia store so someone must have special ordered it and returned it.....both are best buy stores if that helps.
post #496 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

What store did you get yours at, if you don't mind?

It was a best buy in Tualatin, Oregon.
post #497 of 3258
The 65vt60 is on sale at my local MHT for $2699.98 till saturday, anyone else so fortunate? biggrin.gif
post #498 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisin View Post

The 65vt60 is on sale at my local MHT for $2699.98 till saturday, anyone else so fortunate? biggrin.gif

Price should be the same at every store.
post #499 of 3258
Any idea what the current price is on the 60 inch? Will have to check tomorrow and see.
post #500 of 3258
My experience with Paul's TV:

I ordered the 65VT60 from Paulstv.com on July 30th for $2500.00. I received an order confirmation immediately and I expected to get a call from Paul's to confirm the order and try to upsell me on warranties or accessories. I received no such call. Instead, I received an email the next day (31st) that my T.V. had shipped! I wasn't expecting that, but good, it was hassle free. I received a tracking number for a freight company named "Radiant Global Logistics". They updated my tracking information daily and called me a couple of days in advance of delivery to set up a delivery time. They delivered the T.V. today, right when they said they would. The "free white glove service" that Paul's promised was excellent. The two guys from Radiant were friendly. They carried the T.V. in and unboxed it so I could power it on and test it. Afterwards, they helped me put the stand on it, carried it upstairs and placed it where I wanted it...all with a smile. I signed off on it, tipped them and gave them Gator Aid since it was over 100 degrees here, and they left. Overall, it was the best experience I've ever had purchasing a large item online. The T.V. is in my media room running the slides now. I highly recommend Paul's TV and Radiant Global Logistics if you ever need to ship anything via freight.
post #501 of 3258
Congrats on a smooth transaction! smile.gif

However, other than a visual inspection for apparent damage, what else should one look for before accepting deliver? Would quickly running slides be advisable? Any useful suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
post #502 of 3258
Depends on the delivery service. In general for standard delivery tv's i would insist on plugging it in to verify it works with no dead pixels. With with white glove you might get away with setting it up and running some sort to test pictures.
post #503 of 3258
are there any deals on this TV in or around Toronto, ON? Can Paul's TV deliver it to Toronto? The price difference between the 60" version of this TV in States and Canada is shocking.
post #504 of 3258
I also just purchased a TC-P60VT60 from Paul's TV. I ordered it late Wednesday night July 31 (like almost August 1st). I had a similar experience as Vanguard223 described. However, the predicted delivery date was Friday, August 9th. But on Monday August 5th (just two biz days after ordering), I got a call from Radiant saying my TV was ready to be delivered that day. Luckily I was taking the day off work for other reasons, so I was home all day. I spent the morning getting ready for the TV. The Radiant guy came, un boxed, and I plugged it in and hooked it up to my Oppo playing Spears & Munsil to test it out. All was good! I bribed the delivery guy to help me lift it to my wall mount and it was mounted and running before he left!

Great experience with Paul's & Radiant. Great price, too... and all from an authorized dealer! Very happy!

KC
PS, the "SAVE600" coupon is back on it seems...
post #505 of 3258
Wow, didn't think I'd see the SAVE600 come back for this TV before I moved. Just ordered mine from Paul's TV. So excited to get this at $1899 with no tax and free shipping. The sales guy at Paul's was very nice too, not pushy.
post #506 of 3258
Pauls TV is now out of stock according to the site, except the 60". Has anyone ever seen/heard/used tvsuperstores ? They have the TC-P65VT60 listed for $2399. I can't seem to find any real reviews on their service, or anything else about them. Legit? Scam? (Ha, screw it... I just snagged the 60" from Pauls, that's a great deal! Promo code works)
Edited by ferule - 8/10/13 at 8:31pm
post #507 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferule View Post

Pauls TV is now out of stock according to the site, except the 60". Has anyone ever seen/heard/used tvsuperstores ? They have the TC-P65VT60 listed for $2399. I can't seem to find any real reviews on their service, or anything else about them. Legit? Scam? (Ha, screw it... I just snagged the 60" from Pauls, that's a great deal! Promo code works)

What was your final price?
post #508 of 3258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferule View Post

Pauls TV is now out of stock according to the site, except the 60". Has anyone ever seen/heard/used tvsuperstores ? They have the TC-P65VT60 listed for $2399. I can't seem to find any real reviews on their service, or anything else about them. Legit? Scam? (Ha, screw it... I just snagged the 60" from Pauls, that's a great deal! Promo code works)

Bought my 55" VT50 from them in January for $1700, had the TV in less then a week. A week later the price dropped another $100 and they gave me a $100 refund. Pauls is awesome.
post #509 of 3258
$1899. They did call to verify the address (I am in a very rural area, and no one believes I really live out here) which seems normal. No up-sell attempt or anything else. So far excellent.
post #510 of 3258
My parents were at BB in San Diego yesterday, and prices were:

55" VT: $1800
60" VT: $2500
60" ZT: $2600

From that list the ZT is a no-brainer, but it's very odd that BB hasn't dropped the 60VT price the way they did for the 55" (and like Paul's has with the coupon)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home