- 1,316 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Location: Springfield, MO
- Thumbs Up: 41
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Panasonic 2013 HDTV Pricing, Features, and Availability Last post on 4/24/13 at 2:53pm in Latest Industry News
- Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] Last post on Today at 5:27 am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- What can we expect from 2013 Panasonic Plasmas? Last post on 4/27/13 at 8:17am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Replacing Screen on Panasonic VT60 Last post on 3/8/14 at 5:37am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HELP! Last post on 1/28/14 at 9:25am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
Panasonic VT60 Deals... - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They didn't bother with any country of origin or anything. Drove up to the guard. Told him what I had. Got handed a small form. Went in and paid (was asked for an invoice and I showed him my Pauls TV emailed invoice). Drove away. Done in about 5 minutes. Nobody even blinked.
For warranty I went with the 5 year MACK for TVs under $2500. Bought it from Adorama.com for $180cdn. I had it shipped free to Point Roberts as well because shipping to Canada would've costed at least another $30 (wtf?). What I got was a certificate that had a policy number on it. Went online to MACK site to register policy number and done deal. Whether or not this is the best warranty to go with only time will tell. Hopefully I won't have to find out.
So in summary:
$1912cdn for TV
$ 222cdn for taxes
$ 180cdn for extended warranty
$ 14cdn for receiving charges
$2328cdn total for what I believe to be the cheapest 60VT60 in Canada. Woot.
Oh...and the extra $20 for gas that I put into my sister's minivan.
Makes the hoops I had to jump through worthwhile.
It seems the deals have cooled a bit. My Mitsu DLP bulb finally went and its the 3rd one, so I'm quite tired of it. Looking to get the VT, but waiting to see 2399 deal again. Probably going to get it at BB but waiting for the price match deals from either Pauls or Amazon. It seems the deals come during the week. Has this been the trend?
I saw the deal, then it went away pretty quickly. I was using camelcamelcamel.com to find the "in cart" price without having to go through that. I was sweating when it was going away so left it in the cart when I went to the store. Glad I did because it was higher in the store.
As far as the trend, I haven't seen much of one yet, first time I saw that price.
How normal is this for the V series? I'd actually consider saving if it's still around $1600 in a month or two, but I'm worried this is largely because of the imminent confirmation of Panasonic exiting the business and it's going to be gone by the end of the year.
Paul's has been running this for a couple of weeks now but who knows when they'll pull it. If you are ready then do it now. I was just starting my research to replace my 5 Y.O. Samsung LN-A650-40 LCD when I ran across this deal last week. I quickly did some research on here, cnet and consumer reports and came to the conclusion that this was a great set at a great price and got the 60". Will the price go down? Maybe but I don't think by too much and I won't care if it does either. The 60" SRP was $3k in April I believe and to get it at $1800 is a great deal.
Haha, I wish, I would only be blowing out my current budget by nearly $1000.
What gets me though is the VT60 is one of the highest rated TVs ever (some reviews make the argument it's the best TV ever PQ wise) and if Panasonic is leaving the Plasma business it might be the best TV for a long time, till OLEDs mature and their gremlins are fixed.
Something is really fascinating to me about that.
Edited by Kurtangletn - 10/30/13 at 11:25am
Buy one of these now or is there something "better" right around the corner?
I bought a 60" VT because of this (rumors at the time). I figured it would last me until OLED becomes a more mature tech and comes down in price.
Tradeport has the P65VT60 used in very good condition for $2290.42 via Amazon. I got mine from them for the same price three weeks ago. However, mine was listed as like new, but I would never had known because it looked like the box had never been opened. They were great to deal with. I got the set in a week of ordering. They initially gave me the wrong tracking number, but as soon as I pointed that out to them, they corrected it right away.
Best buy, has the 60VT60 for $2k??? When a friend and I stopped into BB on sunday it was at $2300
Could be an OK deal, I think Paul's was selling new ones for ~2399.
Darn..."Panasonic6" isn't working for the p55vt60 anymore either...knew I shouldn't have waited!
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a 65VT60 finally, has anyone had any better experience in quality or pricing of an extended warranty purchase elsewhere after a purchase from Paul's,amazon or wherever?? Just curious if I should just get it all at the same place (most likely Paul's) or are there better extended warranties out there to get afterwards??
I know any go the SquareTrade route thru Costco. It's available for purchases from authorized retailers and is only $99 for 3 year warranty, in addition to whatever warranty comes with the TV.
- Panasonic VT60 Deals...
- › Marantz AV8801 Preamp/Processor Official Owner's thread 50 seconds ago
- › The Ongoing "Name That Movie" Contest 1 minute ago
- › Dtv components question 2 minutes ago
- › Panasonic VT60 Deals... 3 minutes ago
- › Plasma vs OLED? 4 minutes ago
- › F8500.. OR .. ZT60 ????? 6 minutes ago
- › The Corinthians 6 minutes ago
- › Problems with copying large files to USB or eSATA drives with... 7 minutes ago
- › GOLDENEAR owners thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Last Of Us Ps3 by GOHAWK12
- › LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth by zerolimit
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › XBOX Console by PGTweed
- › Xbox One Console- Standard Edition by jstumbler
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe