Originally Posted by ocsscott69
so has anyone tweaked the settings much. Turn anything off from the defaults? what are your impressions especially the surround sound
In my opinion, the best thing you can do is to find the setting that works best for you because of the following reasons.
1. Room acoustics will affect the sound and they are different for everyone.
2. Every music piece of music and movie is mastered differently causing a wide range of sound quality.
3. Every person's hearing is different.
4. Each person has to decide what is most important to adjust and how often, and what can be left alone.
Although the zt 60 and this sound bar are for my "wife" (she is currently happy with our 15 year old 35 inch), she really likes it when we watch tv together. However, I am still an audio and videophile, so I followed the same procedure with this soundbar that I did with my six figure home theatre system.
1. Set the equipment up at the desired location, 2. Sat in my listening position, hmm running out of time...will make this quick....
3. put in some music and a movie from your listening sources and adjust the sound to your preferences. There will be times when you will still want to use the remote for adjustments...