or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! › Panasonic TC-65PS64 65" Plasma $1299.99 + 5 Year Warranty for only $99.99
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic TC-65PS64 65" Plasma $1299.99 + 5 Year Warranty for only $99.99 - Page 6

post #151 of 393
I don't think you need to pay the $55 for membership as they usually charge a surcharge for non-members. But in this case, they didn't even do that for this item.

However, I'm unclear if you need to be a member at the time of purchase only, when needing warranty service, or both to take advantage of the second year of warranty provided by Costco.
Quote:
SHIPPING & TERMS
Standard shipping via furniture carrier. “Threshold delivery” includes delivery into member’s home (upwards to 2 exterior flights of stairs). Carrier will call to set up a 4-hour delivery window. Extraordinary delivery requirements may necessitate an additional fee to the carrier. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 7-10 business days from the time of order. White Glove delivery is available for an additional fee quoted at check out. Carrier delivers in-home to room of choice and will remove all packing materials. Carrier will call to set up appointment. Please include a daytime phone number in the shipping information at the time of checkout. *Delivery is available to Hawaii. An additional Shipping and Handling fee will apply. This fee will be quoted at checkout. Additional transit time may be required. Delivery is not available to Alaska or Puerto Rico. If you are shipping this item to the State of California, a California Electronic Waste Recycling fee will apply to your order at checkout. Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 600 Costco warehouses worldwide. THE RETURN POLICY FOR TELEVISIONS, PROJECTORS, COMPUTERS, CAMERAS, CAMCORDERS, TOUCH SCREEN TABLETS, MP3S, AND CELLULAR PHONES IS 90 DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE.

Manufacturer's warranty service is available on all electronics products. See manufacturer's warranty for specific coverage terms.

For COMPUTERS, TELEVISIONS and PROJECTORS, Costco extends the MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY to two years from date of purchase. Please call Costco Concierge™ Technical Support @ 1-866-861-0450 for warranty assistance.

PLEASE RETAIN YOUR RECEIPT FOR PROOF OF WARRANTY ENTITLEMENT.For FREE technical support, set-up help, or warranty assistance for televisions, computers, touch screen tablets, projectors, cameras, camcorders, MP3 players, home theater systems, dvd and blu-ray players, printers (stand alone), monitors (stand alone), routers or pressure washers you purchase at Costco or Costco.com call Costco Concierge™ Services @ 1-866-861-0450.

This service is available exclusively for Costco members. ** State law may require sales tax to be charged on the pre-discounted price if the product is subject to sales tax.

It makes it sound like you need to be a member to take advantage of Costco Concierge Services, but then it states that if you need warranty assistance, that you need to contact Costco Concierge Technical Support.
post #152 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdomain View Post

I don't think you need to pay the $55 for membership as they usually charge a surcharge for non-members. But in this case, they didn't even do that for this item.

I think the in-store surcharge is something like 10%, which at $128.80 would be much more than the basic membership! I didn't know they allow non-members to buy online. How did you buy without paying the surcharge?

Also, if they are like Sam's, they probably offer a money back guarantee of the membership fee if you are unsatisfied.
post #153 of 393
Yeah, they offer a money back guarantee on the membership fee.

Try purchasing the TV on the Costco website, you'll see that no surcharge is applied.

I emailed them and whether you are a member or not, the warranty is extended if you buy it from Costco.
Quote:
Even if you are a non member, if the television is purchased directly through us, you do still receive your two years of warranty, however, you do not receive the life time Concierge Service. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
post #154 of 393
I tried buying on the Costco website without being a member and a $65 surcharge was applied.
post #155 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I tried buying on the Costco website without being a member and a $65 surcharge was applied.

Yeah, it was $10 cheaper to just become a member. And why not, I might shop online there again. I just wish there was a brick and mortar Costco in this state. I'd drive out of my way to go there instead of Walmart or Sams.
post #156 of 393
My dad purchased the 65" S64 and im expecting great results from that tv as i have a pioneer elite pro-111. do you know where is the break in slide or the owners thread for the 65" model?
post #157 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus738 View Post

My dad purchased the 65" S64 and im expecting great results from that tv as i have a pioneer elite pro-111. do you know where is the break in slide or the owners thread for the 65" model?

See the S60 Series thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1461177/official-panasonic-s60-series-discussion-thread
Break-in slides are at the D-Nice link.
post #158 of 393
Interesting, what was the price for you guys with the surcharge? I just tried adding my friend's membership # and the price didn't drop.

I see $1,299.99 as the listed price.

When I add it to the cart, I see the same price and an additional CA waste fee (CA EWST FEE 35+) of $5.00.

Including a CA tax of $113.75, my order total was $1,418.74.

I usually go to Costco with close friends or work, and everyone has a Costco card. Since I purchased one three years ago and never used it, just haven't seen the need to purchase another membership.
Edited by dcdomain - 7/19/13 at 9:23am
post #159 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-Paul View Post

Update July 12, 2013

I've been watching this TV slowly sell from Costco's on-line inventory. It has dropped from 400 units to 323.

One hour later I checked and the number inventory changed from 323 to 149. That's 174 units gone from the on-line inventory in one hour.

Edit: I just checked back 2:45 minutes later and that quantity is back up to 325. Go figure?

UPDATE July 19, 2013
Since my last weekly update posted July 12th, the inventory at Costco on-line for the Panasonic TC65ps64 plasma TV has slowly gone from 325 units to 226. The dynamic sales picked-up dramatically a few days ago when Costco removed the $99 on-line charge for shipping. They are trying to stay competitive with Sam's Club that started FREE SHIPPING on ALL TV's days before.

It's interesting that at Costco on-line the 65" has free shipping but the 50" still charges $99 for shipping. I suspect that's because Sam's Club does not have the 50" on their website.

If you have recently ordered the TV within the past 30 days or so and paid shipping, I would contact Costco for a price-match to remove the shipping charge. If you are unsuccessful and are desperate to save $99 more, you can always order another TV, have it delivered, don't open the new shipment and then either return it to the warehouse or have Costco come and get it - by using your original receipt from purchase number one. But, in my experience with Costco, they are EXCELLENT with customer service in these matters! You just need to act and make the request within a reasonable period of time. They won't automatically price match your purchase with a refund. You must take charge and assert yourself.

EDIT: When viewing the home page for this TV, I used to be able to type in a large quantity number, hit add to cart, and a red notice would appear to tell me that only XXX quantity remain. That method doesn't work lately. Now, just add 1 quantity to the cart. Hit the cart button. You're taken to the next step in the ordering process. Change the quantity number in the cart and hit UPDATE QUANTITY. If the number you've typed in exceeds the on-hand inventory, then the message appears in RED at the top to indicate the current inventory level.
Edited by Craig-Paul - 7/19/13 at 12:52pm
post #160 of 393
I ordered 65" two weeks ago and paid shipping. A two minute call yesterday and they refunded $99.
post #161 of 393
None of the Costcos in my area had the 65" in stock, so I ordered online. FYI, with free shipping, white glove delivery is only an additional $35. I opted for white glove delivery and can't wait to get this set. The 50" Samsung in my living room will be migrated to the bedroom to replace a dinky 26". Cannot wait!
post #162 of 393
Thread Starter 
Updated price in title. Man, what a stellar TV for that $1299.99!! eek.gif
post #163 of 393
Just ordered online from Costco, after our 58" Sammy finally crapped out. Again. Have 2 other 10yr old+ Panny plasmas and they're still going strong. Happy to be buying another.

YES, was very happy to see $0 shipping charge, and added the White Glove for $35. Having them unpack and cart away all the crap, within a 4-hour scheduled service window, is well worth it. From everything I'm reading, this appears to be the deal of the year. Who wants 3D anyway? It's a horrible gimmick, IMO.

Just wondering if my wife will notice the swap in size.
"But honey, that's too big"... (said no woman ever)
post #164 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbarry View Post

Just ordered online from Costco, after our 58" Sammy finally crapped out. Again. Have 2 other 10yr old+ Panny plasmas and they're still going strong. Happy to be buying another.

YES, was very happy to see $0 shipping charge, and added the White Glove for $35. Having them unpack and cart away all the crap, within a 4-hour scheduled service window, is well worth it. From everything I'm reading, this appears to be the deal of the year. Who wants 3D anyway? It's a horrible gimmick, IMO.

Just wondering if my wife will notice the swap in size.
"But honey, that's too big"... (said no woman ever)

Yes, I agree that 3D is a waste. Hopefully it'll go the way of 8-track or quadraphonic sound, although quadraphonic sound seems to have been reincarnated as surround sound. If they ever figure out how to produce 3D without having to wear glasses, I might buy, but the last thing I want to put on is another set of glasses when I already have to wear them all day long.

Some guy in the other thread only wants the 42S60 because he (and the wife?) thinks the 50" and 65" are too big. confused.gif

Another reason to buy from Costco.com v. Sams.com is the White Glove option. Sam's local stores has an equivalent setup & install delivery option for more $, but not their online store.

Moshock, isn't the price now $1288? Or is the local store price more than online?
post #165 of 393
I got this tv for 899.99 at Costco today!

It was Open Box, and as up for only a month (not for nothing, I prefer that, since it's broken in already, and I can make sure the screen is in perfect condition.)

Ask and see if your Costco has any, and if not, ask if they have the store model.
post #166 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-Paul View Post

UPDATE July 19, 2013
Since my last weekly update posted July 12th, the inventory at Costco on-line for the Panasonic TC65ps64 plasma TV has slowly gone from 325 units to 226. The dynamic sales picked-up dramatically a few days ago when Costco removed the $99 on-line charge for shipping. They are trying to stay competitive with Sam's Club that started FREE SHIPPING on ALL TV's days before.

It's interesting that at Costco on-line the 65" has free shipping but the 50" still charges $99 for shipping. I suspect that's because Sam's Club does not have the 50" on their website.

If you have recently ordered the TV within the past 30 days or so and paid shipping, I would contact Costco for a price-match to remove the shipping charge. If you are unsuccessful and are desperate to save $99 more, you can always order another TV, have it delivered, don't open the new shipment and then either return it to the warehouse or have Costco come and get it - by using your original receipt from purchase number one. But, in my experience with Costco, they are EXCELLENT with customer service in these matters! You just need to act and make the request within a reasonable period of time. They won't automatically price match your purchase with a refund. You must take charge and assert yourself.

EDIT: When viewing the home page for this TV, I used to be able to type in a large quantity number, hit add to cart, and a red notice would appear to tell me that only XXX quantity remain. That method doesn't work lately. Now, just add 1 quantity to the cart. Hit the cart button. You're taken to the next step in the ordering process. Change the quantity number in the cart and hit UPDATE QUANTITY. If the number you've typed in exceeds the on-hand inventory, then the message appears in RED at the top to indicate the current inventory level.

UPDATE July 26, 2013
My last weekly update posted July 19th had the inventory at Costco on-line for the Panasonic TC65ps64 plasma TV at 226 units, it’s now 67. The steady sales pace has really been noticeable since Costco announced FREE SHIPPING on the 65” model. The word seems to be getting out about the quality of this extraordinary budget priced plasma.

I’ll re-post an update if Costco adds more units to their on-line inventory. However, if they do not, at this rate the 65” will be SOLD OUT in 3-4 days.

Again, FYI, to see what the inventory levels are at Costco, follow this procedure:

Add 1 quantity to the cart. Hit the cart button. You're taken to the next step in the ordering process. Change the quantity number in the cart to a large number (i.e 600) and hit UPDATE QUANTITY. If the quantity you've typed in exceeds the on-hand inventory, then a message appears in RED at the top of the page to indicate the current on-line inventory level.

I’ve been monitoring the site 7-10 times during the day – and units are selling well.

I was going to wait for the price to come down, but I didn’t want to risk not getting one at this price with free shipping. I ordered mine, it arrived, I set it up (easy), down-loaded D-nice’s slides, put them on a USB memory stick, set-up the slide show, and will complete my 100 hour break-in tomorrow evening at 9:30. Can’t wait to calibrate it with D-nice’s settings and start enjoying!

BTW, the 50" at Costco online still charges $99 for shipping.

EDIT: Just checked Costco on-line, only 56 left, now 49/45/43

Saturday 7:52 am PST, July 27 update: 37 left, now 35/30/27/25
Edited by Craig-Paul - 7/27/13 at 5:55pm
post #167 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-Paul View Post

UPDATE July 26, 2013

I was going to wait for the price to come down, but I didn’t want to risk not getting one at this price with free shipping. I ordered mine, it arrived, I set it up (easy), down-loaded D-nice’s slides, put them on a USB memory stick, set-up the slide show, and will complete my 100 hour break-in tomorrow evening at 7:30. Can’t wait to calibrate it with D-nice’s settings and start enjoying!

In the same boat as you. My 100 hours is up at 3:30pm today. Maybe we will get lucky and Costco will drop the price in the next couple of days and we'll get an adjustment. You indicated that you were going to use D-nice's settings. When I looked at his I noticed the 65ps64 did not have the level of detail settings that the ST60 version has. I was going to use Fairchild's settings and if I need to tweak them I was going to look at D-nice's until I get the TV dialed in for my preferred picture.
post #168 of 393
Sarahd: You're right! I was in a hurry making the last post, and it slipped my mind. Fairchild's settings are the ones I'm going to use. Thanks for the correction!
post #169 of 393
65PS64 Quantity Update at Costco on-line: 18 left/ now 14/ 11/ 8/ 6/ 5

Finished 100 hours of breaking-in with D-nice's slides last night. Then used Fairchild's calibration settings from the s60 thread for the Cinema mode. They are identical for the ps64. I've been watching movies ever since.

This 65" TV is utterly MAGNIFICENT. Just GORGEOUS. SPECTACULAR. Jet black-blacks. Natural skin tones. Blu-Ray is STUNNING.
Edited by Craig-Paul - 7/28/13 at 12:56pm
post #170 of 393
Trying to decide whether to get the Squaretrade warranty for my new Costco set. Just not sure of the reliability of plasmas... I had a 5-year warranty on my first DLP, never ended up using it. My second DLP burned out its red bulb just before my Amex warranty extension ended, so did have to have a repair, but it was before an extended would have kicked in.

With the S64, I assume I'll get Costco's 2 years, plus another year from my Amex Gold after that, right? So Square Trade would bump that from 3 to 5 years, I believe. (I don't think the Amex will kick in as late as 5 years, right? It would kick in after Costco's warranty, not the extended one, correct?) This is my first plasma, so just not sure how likely a failure is in the 3-5 year range.
post #171 of 393
65PS64 Quantity Update at Costco on-line: CURRENTLY SOLD OUT - Hopefully there will be more in the future?

EDIT: Sam's Club is also OUT of STOCK on-line.
Edited by Craig-Paul - 7/28/13 at 3:04pm
post #172 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-Paul View Post

65PS64 Quantity Update at Costco on-line: CURRENTLY SOLD OUT - Hopefully there will be more in the future?

EDIT: Sam's Club is also OUT of STOCK on-line.

Samsclub.com has an order for 150 more from their suppliers. They didn't have a date on when they will receive them but it looks like there will be another opportunity to purchase this model.
post #173 of 393
Before I even saw this thread I was finalizing my TV research over the weekend and came full circle back to this unit. I login to my costco account, hit the "checkout" button and BAM, out of stock eek.gif I am moving into a new apartment in 9 days and DirecTV is scheduled to install on 8/11. I'm really gonna have to push this close or settle on another TV. I'm starting fresh and have zero furniture and zero electronics so my budget is very tight. This was really right on my budget line too. Well at least now I can refresh this thread all day long and hope. I wish I found this thread 24 hours ago.
post #174 of 393
Just f%^$ing great!

I close on my new home tomorrow. I literally just got the final cash amount needed for closing 30 minutes ago and have given myself the green light to finally purchase this TV after reading about it for a month now. So to celebrate I go to Costco.com with card in hand, ready to order and praying it might even get delivered this week. And what do I find. That the TV is no longer listed now sold out.

Talk about horrible timing.




That said, all hope isnt lost. Sam's club sells this TV for $11 less and still has some in stock in local stores. Use this to locate if your local Sam's Club has it in stock http://www.samsclub.com/sams/plasma-tvs-televisions/1090.cp
Even better (or worse depending on how much you want to risk waiting) Sam's club has a free "open house" this weekend and those of us who are Costco members would be able to purchase the TV there without the 10% non-member penalty or signing up for $50 membership to purchase a single item.

I'm debating on if I should wait till the weekend or pull the trigger now. Verizon wont be able to install FIOS in my new home until 7/26.. which is pretty much 4 weeks from now. So I'm tempted to wait and see if Costco delivery comes back. I would also much rather have this TV delivered.. than to have to find a friend & a truck and go pick it up from the store. Maybe I should go see the TV in person and see how strongly I feel about purchasing it from Sam's club now.. vs waiting for a cheaper/more convenient option.
post #175 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSg1bj1 View Post

Samsclub.com has an order for 150 more from their suppliers. They didn't have a date on when they will receive them but it looks like there will be another opportunity to purchase this model.

Any idea if Costco has an order for more units? You would think with something selling this hot they would have another 1000 ordered.
post #176 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

I close on my new home tomorrow. I literally just got the final cash amount needed for closing 30 minutes ago and have given myself the green light to finally purchase this TV after reading about it for a month now. So to celebrate I go to Costco.com with card in hand, ready to order and praying it might even get delivered this week. And what do I find. That the TV is no longer listed now sold out.

That said, all hope isnt lost. Sam's club sells this TV for $11 less and still has some in stock in local stores. Use this to locate if your local Sam's Club has it in stock http://www.samsclub.com/sams/plasma-tvs-televisions/1090.cp
Even better (or worse depending on how much you want to risk waiting) Sam's club has a free "open house" this weekend and those of us who are Costco members would be able to purchase the TV there without the 10% non-member penalty or signing up for $50 membership to purchase a single item.

I'm debating on if I should wait till the weekend or pull the trigger now. Verizon wont be able to install FIOS in my new home until 7/26.. which is pretty much 4 weeks from now. So I'm tempted to wait and see if Costco delivery comes back. I would also much rather have this TV delivered.. than to have to find a friend & a truck and go pick it up from the store. Maybe I should go see the TV in person and see how strongly I feel about purchasing it from Sam's club now.. vs waiting for a cheaper/more convenient option.

You can buy from your local Sam's club and pay for delivery and it will show up after you close (I don't think their delivery is next day fast - probably takes a few days - or you may be able to set up a specific delivery day later in the week).
post #177 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTimeShifter View Post

You can buy from your local Sam's club and pay for delivery and it will show up after you close (I don't think their delivery is next day fast - probably takes a few days - or you may be able to set up a specific delivery day later in the week).

Good tip.

But purchasing before Aug 2nd would mean I still have to pay the 10% penalty for being a non-member or sign up for a $50 membership. I'm hoping by holding off till Friday, I can save a few bucks from Sams club.. or Costco will have replenished stock.
post #178 of 393
I just refreshed my cart and saw 1 was available. I just bought it. I hope to get it in 7-10 days as promised. (Costco)
post #179 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennya View Post

Trying to decide whether to get the Squaretrade warranty for my new Costco set. Just not sure of the reliability of plasmas... I had a 5-year warranty on my first DLP, never ended up using it. My second DLP burned out its red bulb just before my Amex warranty extension ended, so did have to have a repair, but it was before an extended would have kicked in.

With the S64, I assume I'll get Costco's 2 years, plus another year from my Amex Gold after that, right? So Square Trade would bump that from 3 to 5 years, I believe. (I don't think the Amex will kick in as late as 5 years, right? It would kick in after Costco's warranty, not the extended one, correct?) This is my first plasma, so just not sure how likely a failure is in the 3-5 year range.
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Are you guys buying the warranties? They're usually a bad investment, but at $99, it might be worthy it.

Got my 65S64 yesterday and I'm amazed the picture. I saw the 50S64 at Costco and the picture looked pretty horrible (didn't help that their feed was really poor quality), but I figured that the real thing had to be awesome if AVS Forum was raving so much. And I was not disappointed.
post #180 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennya View Post

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Are you guys buying the warranties? They're usually a bad investment, but at $99, it might be worthy it.

Got my 65S64 yesterday and I'm amazed the picture. I saw the 50S64 at Costco and the picture looked pretty horrible (didn't help that their feed was really poor quality), but I figured that the real thing had to be awesome if AVS Forum was raving so much. And I was not disappointed.

I've purchased the Costco TV warranty, it's a great deal. In your case with the AMEX card, your coverage will be:
Years 1-2 Costco Concierge
Years 3-5 SquareTrade
Year 6 AMEX
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals! › Panasonic TC-65PS64 65" Plasma $1299.99 + 5 Year Warranty for only $99.99