- 8 Posts. Joined 11/2003
- Thumbs Up: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Panasonic TC-P60ST60 Burn IN Last post on Yesterday at 10:48 am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Sub $1000 projector w/ plasma quality blacks and color Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:38pm in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
- POLL...60 inches best plasma of these 3...POLL Last post on 3/2/14 at 7:20pm in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Panasonic ST60 trouble with settings Last post on 2/21/14 at 2:16pm in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Need an advice on st60 vs gt50 (last chance deal) Last post on 2/16/14 at 10:59am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
Help disabling speakers on ST60
Gear mentioned in this thread:
let me know if you need more detail. (select home theater as output instead of speaker)
It's only an option if you have your receivers version of HDMI CEC turned on. Different receivers call it different things. If it's turned off, there's no way to access the setting, or turn the speakers off. I just have mine set to 0 volume.
HDMI ports on your TV and receiver that can send sound data in two directions.
On VT60 it's labeled as ARC and it's HDMI 2. On the receiver it says HDMI with control. My receiver has two HDMI outputs, and only one is marked as being capable of bidirectional sound/synchronized control.
On your receiver you need to enable control/ARC HDMI functionality (e.g., system setup> HDMI setup, etc.) and on the TV you need to disable speakers as described above via Vierra link app in the apps menu.
Hope this helps.
Enable Hotel Mode on your TV
Press and hold the 'Vol -' button on the panel
Using the remote control, press input 3 times
Now you will see a service menu come on screen
Turn Hotel mode on
Set the volume to 0
and set the max volume to 0
Exit out of this menu, cycle power to the TV
You can go repeat the steps above to confirm the settings were saved.
The volume will now be 0 and audio out of the optical will continue to work
Edit: If I put in hotel mode and set max volume to zero, can I still turn up the sound on the playbar?
Edited by mjwkr - 11/11/13 at 2:10pm
Have you tried setting the TV's speaker setting to Home Theater?
I was never able to set my tv speakers to home theater as the tv always says 'feature unavailable'
I have been having the same problem with my folks ST60. I am trying to hook up a Pioneer SB23W with optical. I can get the echo effect and the sound bar works fine. I too have the same problem with the TV remote adjusting both volumes (the TV and the soundbar). I am going to try to see if there are settings on the Comcast Cable box that I can change to not allow sound thru the HDMI and to only allow it thru the Optical. If not, I will try the hotel mode thing and report back!
- Help disabling speakers on ST60
- › Survivor Cagayan Season 28 CBS 1 minute ago
- › Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Klipsch owner thread 2 minutes ago
- › Marantz SR 6008 3 minutes ago
- › Sub for non-basshead 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sony VPL-VW500ES / VW600ES 4K Projector Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Power Sound Audio Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Xbox One thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Your thoughts on class D amplification and or pro audio amplifiers 5 minutes ago
- › Paradigm Owners Thread 5 minutes ago
- › LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth by zerolimit
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › XBOX Console by PGTweed
- › Xbox One Console- Standard Edition by jstumbler
- › Gamecube Console Platinum by PGTweed
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe