I don't work for Samsung. I fix computers for a living for about 20+ years. Doesn't not make me an expert by any means, just have a knack for zeroing in on logical workarounds.
As for TV and mainboard not being in sync after Firmware update, that would logically be taken care of after a forced restart of TV. (Electronics are not magical things, there are driven by logic)
All factory reset technically should do, is reload a clean firmware and or reset all data back to default factory values. Thus temporarily appear to solve some problems, that may have been triggered by user adjustment or bugs in firmware/hardware.
There are instances of dirty power, heat, bad ram causing strange issues, but eventually a pattern does show up. Buggy software is usually the most common culprit. Thats why you have to report the problems to the manufacturer's, let them aware.
Just want to make sure when people report problems and solutions, there is a logical cause and effect to the process and baseline.
Remember users are always the beta testers.
1) Firmware version
2) Detailed description of problem and screenshots if it applies.
3) How often does it happen.
4) What components are involved?
5) What was the last thing that changed from normal operation to disfunction?
6) What steps have you tried.Edited by teqzen - 6/25/13 at 10:11pm