or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 52

post #1531 of 5010
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

Thanks for the update info... Did you do the Factory Reset thing? I'm going to hold off for a while doing this firmware update at least for a while. Please let us know if you discover any other changes good or bad. AND.... That would be VERY cool if the auto motion has been finally improved. I have only noticed it causing stuttering/slowdowns on some channels and even then it was dependent on the material they were brodcasting at the time.

No factory reset...at least not yet...wink.gif

I'm just tired of re-entering all those settings on 3 inputs and 3D.

The image does look really great and no bugs so far. biggrin.gif

I never noticed AMP issues on Blu-rays or Xbox360 games, only DirecTV-and now that seems fixed.
post #1532 of 5010
Do y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Zaaaaayyyy View Post

If only the ****** network would connect to my wireless,always takes more then 10 times to connect and then update
Do you have wireless N? 2.4 g and 5 g? Do you have a smart phone that you can place nearby to run speed test? Have you unplugged and plugged in the modem and router?
post #1533 of 5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by emileg View Post

Do y
Do you have wireless N? 2.4 g and 5 g? Do you have a smart phone that you can place nearby to run speed test? Have you unplugged and plugged in the modem and router?
Just gotten a couple weeks ago a wireless extender for the problem and the tv connects to the Internet when it wants too,my Oppo bdp-93 works fine with just not the tv
post #1534 of 5010
Thread Starter 
Oh no spoke too soon fw. 1107 still has the slowdown/ stuttering.

Its just greatly reduced....via. DirecTV.
post #1535 of 5010
Thread Starter 
The Voice Recognition is pretty nice....
post #1536 of 5010
Can't find a list of what was on update 1107. Still hoping for it to actually say cinema black bug is fixed so I can use it on medium.
post #1537 of 5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordn2ryan View Post

I
I can only confirm about setting your cinema black to high on bluray that it will come up. I've changed it low and it hasn't showed up since and I've also updated to the latest firmware. I will try watching some different blurays within the week to see if the issue arises again. If I don't post again, that probably means the issue hasn't come up again.
I've only had the white boxes show up 3 times so far and I haved watched over 50-60 hours of letter-box blu-ray movies with Cinema Black On and always set to Medimum. I use input HDMI 2 & 3 for my blu-rays, 1 player being a recently purchased 3D Sony player. I believe I got the boxes once on each player. so this issue is very minor, at least for my TV and only when on the HDMI ports.
Edited by mgh26 - 7/25/13 at 8:50pm
post #1538 of 5010
does anyone know if its possible to turn off the sound the tv makes when you turn the volume up and down? I hate that.


I have till sunday to exchange my tv. im still planning on trading in the 60 inch for the 55 inch.

matrix do you notice any difference in colors between the 55 inch and the 60? I just cant seem to get the picture settings to a place I can live with. getting some seriously weird reds and yellows. this issue alone is whats really bothering me.
post #1539 of 5010
Hi everyone ....im contemplating getting the 65 inch from Costco and had a few concerns after browsing this forum as below .I would appreciate any feedback: (im having to switch from my panny 65 due to phosphor trailing ...which is an issue w the tech ...so im back to LCD ..loved the depth/colors and blacks on panny ...it was my first plasma ever)
So:
Is. 1)The costco version with a black stand or chrome?
2) whats the power cycling and white box issue status ? Did the new firmware fix it?
3) have ppl noted improved flashlighting after use ?

Thanks in advance....
post #1540 of 5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirpader View Post

does anyone know if its possible to turn off the sound the tv makes when you turn the volume up and down? I hate that.


I have till sunday to exchange my tv. im still planning on trading in the 60 inch for the 55 inch.

matrix do you notice any difference in colors between the 55 inch and the 60? I just cant seem to get the picture settings to a place I can live with. getting some seriously weird reds and yellows. this issue alone is whats really bothering me.
Yes. After calibrating colors are more accurate when using Pirate Coves settings. I never used his custom color space on the 60 cause it caused skin tones to be on the green side so I had to use color space on NATIVE. Now on the 55 that isn't an issue for some reason. Everything looks great.
post #1541 of 5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirpader View Post

does anyone know if its possible to turn off the sound the tv makes when you turn the volume up and down? I hate that.


I have till sunday to exchange my tv. im still planning on trading in the 60 inch for the 55 inch.

matrix do you notice any difference in colors between the 55 inch and the 60? I just cant seem to get the picture settings to a place I can live with. getting some seriously weird reds and yellows. this issue alone is whats really bothering me.
For the sound question... Go into the System Settings Menu. Then go to General and select it. . scroll down in the General Menu till you see "Sound Feedback" and select Off. You won't hear any sounds when adjusting volume anymore. biggrin.gif
post #1542 of 5010
Has anyone found out exactly what samsung has listed in the software update 1107??
post #1543 of 5010
great I was starting to question if I should even get the 55 inch Samsung but that settles it. thanks
post #1544 of 5010
thanks for the answer to my sound question mgh
post #1545 of 5010
don't even ask me how that happened. I have no idea. sorry for the double posts
post #1546 of 5010
Samsung live chat no help. They have no idea version 1107 is out. Only aware of 1105.
post #1547 of 5010
Does anyone happen to know the tv stand screw information to replace them from Home Depot / Lowes?
post #1548 of 5010
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post

Samsung live chat no help. They have no idea version 1107 is out. Only aware of 1105.

It usually takes days later to show up on Samsung Support with a description.

Most of the descriptions are very vague so......
post #1549 of 5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

It usually takes days later to show up on Samsung Support with a description.

Most of the descriptions are very vague so......
Just hopping to be able to use cin black on med without issues. That's all I want out of an update. Haven't even tried on my new 55 inch yet. Don't even want to see it.
post #1550 of 5010
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post

Just hopping to be able to use cin black on med without issues. That's all I want out of an update. Haven't even tried on my new 55 inch yet. Don't even want to see it.

+1, I hear you...at some point somebody with 1107 will report on Cinema Black.
post #1551 of 5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirpader View Post

thanks for the answer to my sound question mgh
Your welcome. Glad to help! biggrin.gif
post #1552 of 5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

No factory reset...at least not yet...wink.gif

I'm just tired of re-entering all those settings on 3 inputs and 3D.

The image does look really great and no bugs so far. biggrin.gif

I never noticed AMP issues on Blu-rays or Xbox360 games, only DirecTV-and now that seems fixed.
This is sounding all good so far. You had mentioned earlier about what happened to Ver 1106 Firmware. I'm really hoping they realized just prior to releasing it, it didn't address some of the latest reported issues but couldn't be patched without a major overhall which possibly 1107 is. If true, FOR ONCE, we didn't have to go thru a release just to get another one within 1 week. Mabye 1106 had new bugs that actually got caught which stopped the release before we all might have got hosed once again? Who really knows? But a missing version sequence is a bit strange. Oh yeah....... I forgot, it's the typical Samsung way of doing business. Seems like were almost always in the dark when it comes to Firmware changes/improvements. eek.gif
post #1553 of 5010
Maybe this isn't the right thread but I have a UN60F7050A (UN60F7100) and a Denon 3312 AV receiver, using a 900 Logitech remote. Every time I turn on the AV and TV it changes the HDMI port to 1 (correct) and then the AV to DVR (also correct) but after a couple of seconds it switches the source on the receiver back to TV so I don't get a display. I've played with a few setting on the TV and AV to see if they have any affects into why it keeps wanting to change back to the TV source and not the DVR were there's an actual picture. Has anyone encountered this? It seems to only happen with this TV, I set it up identically with other TV's and have not had this issue. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
post #1554 of 5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrracer1 View Post

Maybe this isn't the right thread but I have a UN60F7050A (UN60F7100) and a Denon 3312 AV receiver, using a 900 Logitech remote. Every time I turn on the AV and TV it changes the HDMI port to 1 (correct) and then the AV to DVR (also correct) but after a couple of seconds it switches the source on the receiver back to TV so I don't get a display. I've played with a few setting on the TV and AV to see if they have any affects into why it keeps wanting to change back to the TV source and not the DVR were there's an actual picture. Has anyone encountered this? It seems to only happen with this TV, I set it up identically with other TV's and have not had this issue. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Oh Yes! This also happens with my Yamaha RV-X673 receiver. I think it is a bug in the AV receivers, but Yamaha claims it is designed that way when using HDMI Control and ARC. With the two-way HDMI, the receiver "thinks" that you want to play from the Smart-TV, even though at first it correctly chooses the DVR. I have decided to leave it the way it is because to shut off HDMI control and add an optical cable will only add to the complexity of using three remotes just to watch TV and additional spaghetti, both of which my wife will find very annoying. Our work around is to simply press "HDMI-2" (DVR) on the receiver remote when the receiver switches to the ARC input.
post #1555 of 5010
So, after updating to firmware 1107.1 and watching an entire movie with Cinema Black set to High I haven't seen any dancing white boxes. This doesn't mean the problem is solved, since I have seen it come and go before, but its definitely a good sign.
post #1556 of 5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post

So, after updating to firmware 1107.1 and watching an entire movie with Cinema Black set to High I haven't seen any dancing white boxes. This doesn't mean the problem is solved, since I have seen it come and go before, but its definitely a good sign.
Good to hear.
post #1557 of 5010
I have found one issue with my new 55 inch. During the avengers blu ray in a few scenes I see these horizontal lines across the screen when camera is moving up and down. If I hit pause they disappear until I hit play again. They aren't white lines or anything but its like the processing isn't keeping up or something. Tested blank screens and I see no banding or dirty screen at all. First scene I noticed it was when Loki first comes to earth in beginning and there's a close up of him looking up. Is this a video processing problem?
post #1558 of 5010
The lines kinda move a bit too. It's not a stutter. They stop when I hit pause.
post #1559 of 5010
I also noticed this before the new update. Weird thing is I can't reproduce the issue on my Xbox (game mode) playing halo. If I turn off game mode and go into movie mode with net Felix and use Same scene from avengers I get the issue to show up.
post #1560 of 5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by emileg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrracer1 View Post

Maybe this isn't the right thread but I have a UN60F7050A (UN60F7100) and a Denon 3312 AV receiver, using a 900 Logitech remote. Every time I turn on the AV and TV it changes the HDMI port to 1 (correct) and then the AV to DVR (also correct) but after a couple of seconds it switches the source on the receiver back to TV so I don't get a display. I've played with a few setting on the TV and AV to see if they have any affects into why it keeps wanting to change back to the TV source and not the DVR were there's an actual picture. Has anyone encountered this? It seems to only happen with this TV, I set it up identically with other TV's and have not had this issue. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Oh Yes! This also happens with my Yamaha RV-X673 receiver. I think it is a bug in the AV receivers, but Yamaha claims it is designed that way when using HDMI Control and ARC. With the two-way HDMI, the receiver "thinks" that you want to play from the Smart-TV, even though at first it correctly chooses the DVR. I have decided to leave it the way it is because to shut off HDMI control and add an optical cable will only add to the complexity of using three remotes just to watch TV and additional spaghetti, both of which my wife will find very annoying. Our work around is to simply press "HDMI-2" (DVR) on the receiver remote when the receiver switches to the ARC input.

I fixed this with my Harmony Ultimate. It is more of a work around, but I edited the "watch TV" activity to add a 10 second pause at the end, then added a command to switch to the proper input.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by kgeissler - 7/23/13 at 8:30am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread