or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 54

post #1591 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post

Since I own a 60 inch I'm starting to feel cheated when I see all of these "I returned my 60 for a 55 and its much better" comments. I find it hard to believe that the panels are that much different that the picture quality is noticeably different. I already asked this once, but if anyone that just happens to have both a 60 and any other size F7100 could post some comparison pictures I would love to see this major difference in pq.

I exchanged my 60" for a 55" (first I went to the LG 55LA7400-what a mistake that was) and then back to Samsung and I am very happy except that I wanted a 60" tv. The picture is better on the 55 and the border on the 55 is half the size of the border on the 60. I could not live with the large border on the 60" set.
post #1592 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqzen View Post

Samsung F7100/F7050 Smart TV network speeds
I have Comcast Cable internet rated at 50 Mbs (6.25MBs) download 10 Mbs (1.25MBs) upload. (Most network speed measurements are in Kilobits per second-Kbps, Megabits per second-Mbps, Gigabits per second-Gbps)

Since my computers (Mac/PC) & iPad on my wired & wireless network get fast pings, match or exceed advertised network tier. (Wired: 12ms Ping, 66Mbps/74Mbps Download, 11.5Mbps/12Mbps Upload)

I am trying to figure out why the ethernet speeds suck so bad with smart apps causing buffering on HD streams (like youtube, frequency). There seems to be high latency on pings (37-800ms) & erratic download speed (from 3 Mbs to 30 Mbs) and upload speed (gets less than 1.8 Mbs) using web browser network tests.

Wired connections are supposed to be better than WIFI connections for speed & latency.
Mine are faster on WIFI for some reason.

Is it a duplex setting, web-browser bug, proxy, can be fixed with firmware, or crappy network chip? (No way to test network bandwidth other than web browser unless anybody has a service mode trick)

I will create a separate thread for Smart TV network Speeds.
Internet speed test sites they all use OOKLA for testing service
http://Speedtest.comcast.net/ (only one that gives actual and peak results)
http://speedtest.twcnc.com/ (gives only peak results)
http://Www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ (gives only peak results)
http://www.speedtest.net/ (gives only peak results)
Network bandwidth conversion calculator
http://easycalculation.com/bandwidth-calculator.php
Explanation of Bits vs Bytes
http://lifehacker.com/the-difference-between-bits-and-bytes-and-why-it-matte-510705022

Use built in web browser in Smart Hub, & post results
Please post in formatted list below so maybe we can get Samsung to fix or care about this issue.

TV Model:
Firmware:
ISP:
Speed Tier (what service you paid for):
WIFI Type (a,b,g,n,ac):
Server test location (city):
Time of day:
Ping:
Download (actual/peak):
Upload (actual/peak):
Wired Ethernet type (10/100bt, 1gb):
Server test location (city):
Time of day:
Ping:
Download (actual/peak):
Upload (actual/peak):

have you tried connecting a notebook or another computer to the Ethernet cable the TV is using to verify the cable and switch port? Do this and verify your bandwidth tests again.

I don't have any issues. I will test this later today for you. Assuming the new firmware didn't break smarthub wink.gif
post #1593 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGGy View Post

have you tried connecting a notebook or another computer to the Ethernet cable the TV is using to verify the cable and switch port? Do this and verify your bandwidth tests again.

I don't have any issues. I will test this later today for you. Assuming the new firmware didn't break smarthub wink.gif

Yep all my cables good & ports on WiFi router/ and switch.

I suggest try aleast 5 tests on each you get some wild swings in range.

TV is so locked down you can't set duplex or fix speed to 100bt on ethernet port. (Some NIC have issue with auto negotiation, best to set manually)

I googled smart tv network speeds, it seems like a issue with most smart tvs, not just Samsung.
Someone i forgot where said Samsung web browser goes through Samsung's internal servers. (That's probably why web browsers tests are so erratic, defiantly explains ping lag)

I also found they used to have a network speed test built in 2011 models of TVs.
Seems silly to remove a useful feature.
post #1594 of 4993
Some helpful links for testing and benchmarks of web browser.
If you find any other useful links for testing web browser on Smart TV please share.

Sheilds up! Firewall tester & port prober
https://www.grc.com/shieldsup
NIH nice test give you nice info on web browser capabilities
https://videocast.nih.gov/BrowserTest/
Peacekeeper Futuremark test for HTML5 video
http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/
HTML5 benchmark
http://html5test.com/
Acid tests web standards test
http://www.acidtests.org/
Speed-Battle Browser speed &CPU performance
http://speed-battle.com/
Fossil Toys stress tests
http://www.fossiltoys.com/
Edited by teqzen - 7/24/13 at 8:28am
post #1595 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post

What firmware version are you on? I don't remember which firmware version it was, but one of them seemed to fix the drastic change of the picture in micro dimming.
Really? I didn't know that the micro-dimming was fixed. I updated two days ago to 1107. In all fairness, I didn't check out the micro-dimming in the Standard Mode in 1107. Will do. I will report back on what I observe. Thank you for the head's up.
post #1596 of 4993
I mostly traded in my 60 inch for peace of mind. if I spend 2 grand on a tv I want a tv that's worth 2 grand. I got a feeling that with all the reviews for the 60 inch out there that they most likely reviewed one tv from the 7100 line and used that as the framework for all other sizes. a few things make me believe that the 60 inch has a different panel. the thicker frame (more then twice as thick on the 60 inch and only the 60 inch). the different codes on the tv (HH01 and TD01) and on the blu ray forum I asked some folks if they believe in the Samsung panel lottery and someone posted a link in which a news article wrote about a new deal Samsung and sharp made to start using sharp panels in their tablets and smart phones, in that article it mentioned how Samsung has used sharp panels in tvs for years.

I just couldn't get the colors to look right on the 60 inch using any of the guides I found online. everything was way to yellow and orange and reds looked purple in a lot of cases. I couldn't watch a movie without messing with the picture settings. I used the settings that piratescove posted for the 55 inch and its a world of difference and while I still have some fine tuning to do I really enjoy how things are looking. on the 60 inch when I would change the custom color spacing from auto to custom there was a huge change. on the 55 inch with the same settings the change from auto to custom is minor.

I had a huge internal debate on whether or not to return the tv and im very happy I did. while It sucks to lose the size (especially considering the 60 inch cost only $200 more) the PQ is better. colors are better, blacks are better no clouding (had serious clouding on the 60 inch). now maybe that's because I couldn't get the picture settings right but I sure did try.

the 60 inch wasn't that bad. its still a quality tv, I just wanted to get what I paid for and what I researched. I just wish I had discovered this before I even bought the 60 inch. you ask me its complete BS that Samsung does this. if it really is just internet rumor then Samsung needs to squash it.


found a link

http://www.displaysearchblog.com/2013/03/sharp-samsung-alliance-an-alliance-of-mutual-benefits/
Edited by dirpader - 7/24/13 at 8:49am
post #1597 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post

I exchanged my 60" for a 55" (first I went to the LG 55LA7400-what a mistake that was) and then back to Samsung and I am very happy except that I wanted a 60" tv. The picture is better on the 55 and the border on the 55 is half the size of the border on the 60. I could not live with the large border on the 60" set.

I think it would be nice to have a thinner bezel, but not enough to give up 5 inches of screen real-estate. What I want to know is, how is the picture "better" on the 55 than the 60? Besides very minor flashlighting, I think the picture on my 60 is pretty damn amazing. Therefore, I find it hard to believe that the 55 is going to be much better.
post #1598 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by emileg View Post

Really? I didn't know that the micro-dimming was fixed. I updated two days ago to 1107. In all fairness, I didn't check out the micro-dimming in the Standard Mode in 1107. Will do. I will report back on what I observe. Thank you for the head's up.

I don't think this was an officially stated fix, I just remember it being better on my TV after a firmware update and seeing other people post similar results on the forum.
post #1599 of 4993
Ill be getting my 55" 7100 tomorrow. This will be my 3rd tv. First was a 6300 (with 4 dark corners), next was an 802a (dead pixel and severe clouding / flash lighting ). I'm a little scared reading some of these comments about clouding and flash lighting on the 7100.

Why haven't manufacturers addressed this problem on LED lit sets ? It seems all they care about is making the TV's thinner and adding more and more apps. I really couldn't care less about how thin my tv is, all I want is a clear picture without backlight bleed.

Also why don't reviewers mention clouding , flash lighting in their reviews ? Is it something we just have to live with now ?

I like the st60 but my living room has 2 skylights and is very bright during the day. I also play video games and watch sports, and I really don't want to stress about a HUD, score ticker, scoreboard graphic, network logo, etc causing IR.

Buying a tv has become a nightmare in the past few years.
post #1600 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirpader View Post

I mostly traded in my 60 inch for peace of mind. if I spend 2 grand on a tv I want a tv that's worth 2 grand. I got a feeling that with all the reviews for the 60 inch out there that they most likely reviewed one tv from the 7100 line and used that as the framework for all other sizes. a few things make me believe that the 60 inch has a different panel. the thicker frame (more then twice as thick on the 60 inch and only the 60 inch). the different codes on the tv (HH01 and TD01) and on the blu ray forum I asked some folks if they believe in the Samsung panel lottery and someone posted a link in which a news article wrote about a new deal Samsung and sharp made to start using sharp panels in their tablets and smart phones, in that article it mentioned how Samsung has used sharp panels in tvs for years.

I just couldn't get the colors to look right on the 60 inch using any of the guides I found online. everything was way to yellow and orange and reds looked purple in a lot of cases. I couldn't watch a movie without messing with the picture settings. I used the settings that piratescove posted for the 55 inch and its a world of difference and while I still have some fine tuning to do I really enjoy how things are looking. on the 60 inch when I would change the custom color spacing from auto to custom there was a huge change. on the 55 inch with the same settings the change from auto to custom is minor.

I had a huge internal debate on whether or not to return the tv and im very happy I did. while It sucks to lose the size (especially considering the 60 inch cost only $200 more) the PQ is better. colors are better, blacks are better no clouding (had serious clouding on the 60 inch). now maybe that's because I couldn't get the picture settings right but I sure did try.

the 60 inch wasn't that bad. its still a quality tv, I just wanted to get what I paid for and what I researched. I just wish I had discovered this before I even bought the 60 inch. you ask me its complete BS that Samsung does this. if it really is just internet rumor then Samsung needs to squash it.

I don't think there is any debate as to whether the 60 inch Samsung TV's are made with Sharp panels, but rather if the difference between the Samsung panels found in other sizes are better than the Sharp panels in terms of picture quality. I just cant imagine that Samsung would have a TV series where one size in the series is going to have a completely different picture than the rest. Not saying its not possible, I just feel that maybe the differences between the two panels that people are stating they see are more because of the fact that they now have that "peace of mind" that its a Samsung panel and so they feel that it just has a better picture because of that. Then again, I don't tweak my TV to the extreme like a lot of you guys do so maybe what I perceive to be an awesome picture on my 60 is really just crap. All I know is that its better than the 42 inch 8 year old Samsung I had before. I still think it would be cool to really see some comparisons between the two TV's. I suggest that anyone swapping out the 60 purchase a 55 first (if you have the money), snap a few comparison photos, and then return the 60.
post #1601 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post

I don't think there is any debate as to whether the 60 inch Samsung TV's are made with Sharp panels, but rather if the difference between the Samsung panels found in other sizes are better than the Sharp panels in terms of picture quality. I just cant imagine that Samsung would have a TV series where one size in the series is going to have a completely different picture than the rest. Not saying its not possible, I just feel that maybe the differences between the two panels that people are stating they see are more because of the fact that they now have that "peace of mind" that its a Samsung panel and so they feel that it just has a better picture because of that. Then again, I don't tweak my TV to the extreme like a lot of you guys do so maybe what I perceive to be an awesome picture on my 60 is really just crap. All I know is that its better than the 42 inch 8 year old Samsung I had before. I still think it would be cool to really see some comparisons between the two TV's. I suggest that anyone swapping out the 60 purchase a 55 first (if you have the money), snap a few comparison photos, and then return the 60.

all that really matters is that your happy with your purchase. I will admit that the 60 inch did look good I just couldn't get the colors right. the extremely yellow skin and the purple reds drove me crazy and I couldn't find a way to address that. the clouding and flash lighting alone was out of control on the 60 inch but maybe i just had a bad one. all I know is that after watching the 60 inch for the past week and now the 55 inch last night and today im happier with how it looks. maybe it really is all just peace of mind, i wouldn't put it past me lol, but peace of mind is worth a lot to me. it really could be something as simple as needing a professional calibration. i threw in the hobbit and star wars a new hope which i watched on the 60 inch and to me there is a world of difference in colors and blacks
post #1602 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirpader View Post

all that really matters is that your happy with your purchase. I will admit that the 60 inch did look good I just couldn't get the colors right. the extremely yellow skin and the purple reds drove me crazy and I couldn't find a way to address that. the clouding and flash lighting alone was out of control on the 60 inch but maybe i just had a bad one. all I know is that after watching the 60 inch for the past week and now the 55 inch last night and today im happier with how it looks. maybe it really is all just peace of mind, i wouldn't put it past me lol, but peace of mind is worth a lot to me. it really could be something as simple as needing a professional calibration. i threw in the hobbit and star wars a new hope which i watched on the 60 inch and to me there is a world of difference in colors and blacks

Well, like you said all that matters is "that you are happy with your purchase." I'm glad your enjoying your TV, as am I, and I think we both should just be grateful we can afford $2000 TV's. I just hope the dancing white boxes issue gets fixed.
post #1603 of 4993
if you have 2 different pieces of tech that are made in 2 different ways put in the same tv then there has to be a difference. when that piece of tech is the panel it has to affect PQ. will it affect it for better or worse who knows? that's just my opinion based on what ive seen with my own eyes. im not saying the 60 inch is a bad tv, i just think that there are difference between the ones made with Sharp panels and Samsung panels. if you ask me i want the panel that's made by the company that made the rest of my tv and that has a reputation of producing quality tvs for the past few years.

the whole reason Samsung uses sharp panels in some of their tvs is because its cheaper then making them themselves. even after sharp produces them and marks them up to sell to Samsung its still cheaper for Samsung to buy them from sharp then it is to make their own panels for certain sizes. my opinion is that usually with electronics cheaper is not better. from the looks of it the whole sharp panels in Samsung tvs is only going to get worse as time goes on and Samsung's relationship Sharp continues to grow.
post #1604 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post

Well, like you said all that matters is "that you are happy with your purchase." I'm glad your enjoying your TV, as am I, and I think we both should just be grateful we can afford $2000 TV's. I just hope the dancing white boxes issue gets fixed.

absolutely. not everyone can afford such luxurys as 60 or 55 inch Samsung tvs of this quality. im sorry if i helped to make you paranoid about your tv.
post #1605 of 4993
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirpader View Post

I just couldn't get the colors to look right on the 60 inch using any of the guides I found online. everything was way to yellow and orange and reds looked purple in a lot of cases. I couldn't watch a movie without messing with the picture settings. I used the settings that piratescove posted for the 55 inch and its a world of difference and while I still have some fine tuning to do I really enjoy how things are looking. on the 60 inch when I would change the custom color spacing from auto to custom there was a huge change. on the 55 inch with the same settings the change from auto to custom is minor.

Glad the settings helped......
post #1606 of 4993
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexHarrison View Post

Ill be getting my 55" 7100 tomorrow. I'm a little scared reading some of these comments about clouding and flash lighting on the 7100.

Why haven't manufacturers addressed this problem on LED lit sets ? I really couldn't care less about how thin my tv is, all I want is a clear picture without backlight bleed.

Buying a tv has become a nightmare in the past few years.

Unfortunately, you are right- buying an good HDTV has become a "nightmare".

The good news is that most F7100s are clouding-free and the flashlighting is minor in most 2D modes with a lowered backlight.

The focus is on design, features and options - in some cases picture quality does suffer, thankfully that is not true of the F7100.
post #1607 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexHarrison View Post

Ill be getting my 55" 7100 tomorrow. I'm a little scared reading some of these comments about clouding and flash lighting on the 7100.

Why haven't manufacturers addressed this problem on LED lit sets ? I really couldn't care less about how thin my tv is, all I want is a clear picture without backlight bleed.

Buying a tv has become a nightmare in the past few years.

Unfortunately, you are right- buying an good HDTV has become a "nightmare".

The good news is that most F7100s are clouding-free and the flashlighting is minor in most 2D modes with a lowered backlight.

The focus is on design, features and options - in some cases picture quality does suffer, thankfully that is not true of the F7100.

What are peoples experienced with clouding when it comes to 3D, especially since the light output is cranked up?

Also, anyone have luck rubbing out the clouding with a microfiber cloth? Have read several people on the various threads on here having luck doing so, eliminating a lot of the cloyding issues for some sets.
post #1608 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirpader View Post

absolutely. not everyone can afford such luxurys as 60 or 55 inch Samsung tvs of this quality. im sorry if i helped to make you paranoid about your tv.

You did not. If anything you made me feel better. Besides, my return policy ended yesterday so me and my 60 are in it for the long haul.
post #1609 of 4993
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirpader View Post

if you have 2 different pieces of tech that are made in 2 different ways put in the same tv then there has to be a difference. when that piece of tech is the panel it has to affect PQ. will it affect it for better or worse who knows? that's just my opinion based on what ive seen with my own eyes. im not saying the 60 inch is a bad tv, i just think that there are difference between the ones made with Sharp panels and Samsung panels. if you ask me i want the panel that's made by the company that made the rest of my tv and that has a reputation of producing quality tvs for the past few years.

the whole reason Samsung uses sharp panels in some of their tvs is because its cheaper then making them themselves. even after sharp produces them and marks them up to sell to Samsung its still cheaper for Samsung to buy them from sharp then it is to make their own panels for certain sizes. my opinion is that usually with electronics cheaper is not better. from the looks of it the whole sharp panels in Samsung tvs is only going to get worse as time goes on and Samsung's relationship Sharp continues to grow.

Samsung chose to use the Samsung panel on the UN60F8000, this year to ensure top quality.

In the past Samsung would use Sharp panels for their 60" 8000 models- they also had the larger bezel.

In my opinion a well calibrated 60" Sharp panel would look as good as the other model sizes.

The only difference would be contrast, off-angle viewing, and exact color points - because of the minor manufacturing differences.
post #1610 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqzen View Post

Yep all my cables good & ports on WiFi router/ and switch.

I suggest try aleast 5 tests on each you get some wild swings in range.

TV is so locked down you can't set duplex or fix speed to 100bt on ethernet port. (Some NIC have issue with auto negotiation, best to set manually)

I googled smart tv network speeds, it seems like a issue with most smart tvs, not just Samsung.
Someone i forgot where said Samsung web browser goes through Samsung's internal servers. (That's probably why web browsers tests are so erratic, defiantly explains ping lag)

I also found they used to have a network speed test built in 2011 models of TVs.
Seems silly to remove a useful feature.

I dont have any issues with any of the speed tests. I see about 15-18Mbit downstream (which is what we should get 18Mbit pipe (U-verse)).

I have gigE ran in my house but I have a 100mbit 5 port switch behind the TV. If you happen to have one handy try using it to ensure it's linked up at 100Mbit and not 1Gb to the TV. Worth a shot...
post #1611 of 4993
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrasz View Post

What are peoples experienced with clouding when it comes to 3D, especially since the light output is cranked up?

Also, anyone have luck rubbing out the clouding with a microfiber cloth? Have read several people on the various threads on here having luck doing so, eliminating a lot of the clouding issues for some sets.

I have zero clouds...I did have them on the ES7100, D6900 and the mighty A850.

3D does have some flashlighting in all 4 corners- but that depends on the source material.

I have never reduced clouding- by rubbing, but I have seen flashlighting reduced over time due to use.
post #1612 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

I have zero clouds...I did have them on the ES7100, D6900 and the mighty A850.

3D does have some flashlighting in all 4 corners- but that depends on the source material.

I have never reduced clouding- by rubbing, but I have seen flashlighting reduced over time due to use.

I have very minimal clouding and flashlighting with my 55". I returned an 802a because of the flashing lighting and clouding was horrific. Had the set for almost two weeks now, I am very happy.
post #1613 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

I have zero clouds...I did have them on the ES7100, D6900 and the mighty A850.

3D does have some flashlighting in all 4 corners- but that depends on the source material.

I have never reduced clouding- by rubbing, but I have seen flashlighting reduced over time due to use.
My new 55 inch seems to have what I can only describe as thin streaks across screen. Only noticeable during up and down movement. Also bottom left corner seems to be yellow. Can this be some type of glue behind the screen that hasn't dryed yet? Some phones I believe have this effect. I also see the thin streaks when I bring up the blue menu. Any thoughts?
post #1614 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post

My new 55 inch seems to have what I can only describe as thin streaks across screen. Only noticeable during up and down movement. Also bottom left corner seems to be yellow. Can this be some type of glue behind the screen that hasn't dryed yet? Some phones I believe have this effect. I also see the thin streaks when I bring up the blue menu. Any thoughts?

Vague lines visible during smooth panning sounds like Dirty Screen Effect (DSE).

My 55F7100 has a tiny bit of DSE, but you have to look hard for it. The W802A I had was a mess of DSE.
post #1615 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by zendez33 View Post

I have very minimal clouding and flashlighting with my 55". I returned an 802a because of the flashing lighting and clouding was horrific. Had the set for almost two weeks now, I am very happy.

Kinda glad to hear that. I had a 55W802A tha was a horrid mess of clouding, flashlighting and DSE. Was so happy to get it out of my sight. But lately I started to wonder if it was just one lemon...
post #1616 of 4993
I had the same experience with the 55" 802a. I heard the screen is made by LG, perhaps this is why the 802a has terrible flash lighting and clouding. I turned the backlight waaaay down and it was still noticeable. Other than that I really liked the picture, and the almost non existant input lag. It's a shame companies don't do more testing before releasing these turds to the public. Dark scenes where absolutely vomit inducing on the 802a.
post #1617 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGGy View Post

I dont have any issues with any of the speed tests. I see about 15-18Mbit downstream (which is what we should get 18Mbit pipe (U-verse)).

I have gigE ran in my house but I have a 100mbit 5 port switch behind the TV. If you happen to have one handy try using it to ensure it's linked up at 100Mbit and not 1Gb to the TV. Worth a shot...

Thanks for posting your results what was the ping and upload speeds?
Are thoughs peak or actual speeds?

My switch has 100bt light on the port my tv on, tried different ports & cat 5 (8 wire cables)
Like i said in previous post. Most sites for speed testing will only give you peak, not actual speeds.
The only one I found that gave actual & peak speeds was
http://speedtest.comcast.net/
post #1618 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurifan View Post

Vague lines visible during smooth panning sounds like Dirty Screen Effect (DSE).

My 55F7100 has a tiny bit of DSE, but you have to look hard for it. The W802A I had was a mess of DSE.
That's the conclusion I came to. Is there any way to minimize it or does it go away at all ?
post #1619 of 4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqzen View Post

Samsung F7100/F7050 Smart TV network speeds
I have Comcast Cable internet rated at 50 Mbs (6.25MBs) download 10 Mbs (1.25MBs) upload. (Most network speed measurements are in Kilobits per second-Kbps, Megabits per second-Mbps, Gigabits per second-Gbps)

Since my computers (Mac/PC) & iPad on my wired & wireless network get fast pings, match or exceed advertised network tier. (Wired: 12ms Ping, 66Mbps/74Mbps Download, 11.5Mbps/12Mbps Upload) ...

I'm surprised this issue is not at the forefront in this forum. Can't imagine everybody here has 0 issues with wifi and using apps.
Here's my experience so far with 60F7100, 1005 F/W:

Smart Hub > could very well live without it. A Roku or Apple iTV puck would be as good as SH. Sure, fewer wires to deal with. My home network: Airport Express, cable Internet, download speed around 28Mbps. Distance to router about 12ft. no obstructions in between. Not sure how accurate is the wifi indicator on the tv, it shows around 3/5 bars, while on my laptop stays at 5/5 bars.

Initially, playing Netflix movies was painful, with SH crashing every 10-15 sec. This implies going through the whole network reset sequence and relaunching Netflix. Same with other video apps like Vimeo and YouTube. Doing some research on the Web found this solution:
  1. login into your Netflix account on your computer
  2. go into your account settings and find the link to adjust the streaming quality
  3. here you have 3 options: good, better and best quality with different amounts of Gb/hour data downloads
In my case, I found the second option to work OK. At least now I can watch Netflix without frequent drops. Issues still remain with the other video apps.
Testing network speeds at the same time on my laptop, there's a significant drop in available band from 28 to around 6-8Mpbs during streamed movies. For the highest option, this speed drops even further, resulting in more crashes.
PQ between these settings, rather insignificant. Not HD quality, but better than SD.

Now, there's another issue with Netflix in terms of sound output with movies. Again, seems to be a general issue, across multiple devices, including other brands.

Had also Samsung in-house service to look into this connectivity issue. Don't waste your time: the most they suggested to do is replace the wifi card.
Other than that, TV works fine.
post #1620 of 4993
Does anyone have any tips to minimize the dirty screen effect?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread