or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 88

post #2611 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman44 View Post

Updated to 1113, picture seems to be great.

But picture judder is horrible on every channel. Every 12 seconds there is a screen judder/stutter.

Any advice for how to get rid of it? I've turned automotion off and it shows up on every setting.

Would it help if I attach the tv to the DirecTV box via a coaxial cable as opposed to an HDMI cable?
Try film mode auto2 and auto motion plus to clear.
post #2612 of 4975


Now this issue in all four corners post panel replacement. It's like he tweaked the plastic bezel when removing and reinstalling it and the paint cracked allowing light to shine through.... On top of the banding, ghosting, and flashlighting....well it's official I'm gonna have my first psychotic break over a darn tv. Sorry to post so much negativity I can tell that without these issues this tv would be awesome. I guess at this point I'm just looking for moral support as there is nothing that can be done...
post #2613 of 4975
Updating now.
post #2614 of 4975
Tried a factory reset. That doesn't revert back to the old firmware apparently.

The judder is still there!

What I don't get is that there was barely any judder for 5 weeks, and then this week, boom!, tons of judder

any ideas now that a factory reset didn't seem to help?
post #2615 of 4975
unscrewed the cable on the directv box from Satellite 1 to satellite 2. seems to have fixed things.

Hope tihs helps anyone else suffering with judder!
post #2616 of 4975
CE Dimming seems way less aggressive on 1113 (in game mode at least).
Anybody else notice this?

I've been testing Demons Souls, which used to flicker constantly, and haven't seen any at all.


Nevermind, I'm seeing it again in menus etc. Just as annoying as always.
Edited by rurifan - 10/1/13 at 9:30pm
post #2617 of 4975
And the judder is back. Am at my wits end.

Any suggestions?!
post #2618 of 4975
1113 looks good so far. You guys with judder issues, you mind sharing your settings? I may be able to help.
post #2619 of 4975
I did a factory reset so I'm back to normal.

I've turned AMP on Clear and Off, and both settings dont seem to do anything.

I've turned blur control and judder control both up to 10, and that doesn't seem to fix anything either.

Any particular settings I should try?
post #2620 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqzen View Post

I did a factory reset, fixed judder/stutter, the con is you have to re-input white balance and other settings.
Since i use auto for color space and 10 point white balance not used in Standard mode its very painless for me.
Settings for standard post #2553 link below
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2550

Firmware 1113 is snappier with smart hub apps
Well that's another Factory Reset that magically cleared up some really weird problems. I think this is the first time I heard of a motion related problem that disappeared after a factory reset. It's a real PITA to re-enter all of the settings but after several updates, I've got mine memorized for the most part. I also cleared up several issues that showed up after firmware updates by the reset thing. There really is somthing up with that! Glad your TV is OK now. AND... Now you've got me thinking about updating but I better hold off for a while. Please keep us informed if you see any setbacks with this version. Thanks.
post #2621 of 4975
I did the 1113 update also. No problems or change to picture that I can see. Still looks great. Haven't tried smart hub yet.
post #2622 of 4975
The judder/stutter shows up on HD shows, standard def shows, every channel.

Could this be an issue with DirecTV?
post #2623 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman44 View Post

The judder/stutter shows up on HD shows, standard def shows, every channel.

Could this be an issue with DirecTV?
Try AMP TO CLEAR AND FILM MODe to auto 2.
post #2624 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman44 View Post

The judder/stutter shows up on HD shows, standard def shows, every channel.

Could this be an issue with DirecTV?
Try AMP to clear. Film mode to auto 2
post #2625 of 4975
AMP to clear and film mode to auto 2 made my judder on comcast Disappear.
post #2626 of 4975
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirth05 View Post

Now this issue in all four corners post panel replacement. It's like he tweaked the plastic bezel when removing and reinstalling it and the paint cracked allowing light to shine through.... On top of the banding, ghosting, and flashlighting....well it's official I'm gonna have my first psychotic break over a darn tv. Sorry to post so much negativity I can tell that without these issues this tv would be awesome. I guess at this point I'm just looking for moral support as there is nothing that can be done...

No apology needed...most of us have been there before....

That ultra-thin bezel is just too tricky for panel replacements...

If you deal with more than 3 panels replacements Samsung should replace the TV, with a new one.
post #2627 of 4975
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

It's a real PITA to re-enter all of the settings but after several updates, I've got mine memorized for the most part. I also cleared up several issues that showed up after firmware updates by the reset thing. There really is somthing up with that!

+1, Another reason I will stick with fw. ver. 1111
post #2628 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirth05 View Post



Now this issue in all four corners post panel replacement. It's like he tweaked the plastic bezel when removing and reinstalling it and the paint cracked allowing light to shine through.... On top of the banding, ghosting, and flashlighting....well it's official I'm gonna have my first psychotic break over a darn tv. Sorry to post so much negativity I can tell that without these issues this tv would be awesome. I guess at this point I'm just looking for moral support as there is nothing that can be done...

Turn off the TV. Go outside. Take a deep breath of fresh air. See the ocean, the birds, the sunset. Take a trip to the zoo with your kids. Soon enough you'll realize the damn TV is not important. In a couple of years it'll be obsolete anyways.

Hope this helped smile.gif
post #2629 of 4975
Does anyone use native color space?
post #2630 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirth05 View Post



Now this issue in all four corners post panel replacement. It's like he tweaked the plastic bezel when removing and reinstalling it and the paint cracked allowing light to shine through.... On top of the banding, ghosting, and flashlighting....well it's official I'm gonna have my first psychotic break over a darn tv. Sorry to post so much negativity I can tell that without these issues this tv would be awesome. I guess at this point I'm just looking for moral support as there is nothing that can be done...
As PiratesCove said, alot of us have been there. One thing though, The Tech seemed to really botch up the TV reassembly and I would request a different person if there is further repairs down the road. Who knows? This issue just might get you a instant TV replacement. Samsung was really fair in a replcement TV for myself a while back due to one dead pixle and one atrtempted panel replacement which also got botched up due to aa replacent panel totally bent and cracked right out of the box Well you would had thought it would have been checked prior to tearing my TV apart first..... BUT NOPE!! Long story short, In the end I did get the TV that makes me happy with my F7100. It did take Two of them but who's counting?biggrin.gif
post #2631 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post

Does anyone use native color space?
I do for blu rays
post #2632 of 4975
I've had this tv for a few weeks now and love it. My only real complaints are with the apps. Does anyone have issues with You Tube and the web browser? The browser works great when it loads. Most times when I try and open it, the tv will freeze, then restart itself. Also You Tube is pretty much unusable. It takes forever to load. It seems like you can't do anything until every category is loaded. The tv is wired, with Internet speeds of 50mbps, so my Internet is not the issue. Anyone have any insight or comments?
post #2633 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1mm3rs View Post

I've had this tv for a few weeks now and love it. My only real complaints are with the apps. Does anyone have issues with You Tube and the web browser? The browser works great when it loads. Most times when I try and open it, the tv will freeze, then restart itself. Also You Tube is pretty much unusable. It takes forever to load. It seems like you can't do anything until every category is loaded. The tv is wired, with Internet speeds of 50mbps, so my Internet is not the issue. Anyone have any insight or comments?

Latest firmware?
post #2634 of 4975
Everything on my F7100 is working fine. Minus the fact when the tv is off, it turns on and off by itself,(Power cycling) with a speaker system connected to it. What can I do to fix this. Will the firmware fix it?
post #2635 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1mm3rs View Post

I've had this tv for a few weeks now and love it. My only real complaints are with the apps. Does anyone have issues with You Tube and the web browser? The browser works great when it loads. Most times when I try and open it, the tv will freeze, then restart itself. Also You Tube is pretty much unusable. It takes forever to load. It seems like you can't do anything until every category is loaded. The tv is wired, with Internet speeds of 50mbps, so my Internet is not the issue. Anyone have any insight or comments?

I'm on firmware 1113 youtube is rock solid except very rare buffering during primetime hours, browser works pretty well for how limited it is. My family record streaming hd from youtube was 14hrs without a buffering issue.

What firmware do you have?
Have you checked your ethernet cable for issues (is it cat 5 or better)
Try a different port on hub/router or go direct to the cable modem to verify if its not issue with the previous steps.
Make sure ip address is unique. ( 2 same ips addresses on same network will give similar symptoms)
Have you done smart hub reset?
Try setting DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (Google)
Do a factory reset.
Exchange tv if still in return period.
post #2636 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqzen View Post

I'm on firmware 1113 youtube is rock solid except very rare buffering during primetime hours, browser works pretty well for how limited it is. My family record streaming hd from youtube was 14hrs without a buffering issue.

What firmware do you have?
Have you checked your ethernet cable for issues (is it cat 5 or better)
Try a different port on hub/router or go direct to the cable modem to verify if its not issue with the previous steps.
Make sure ip address is unique. ( 2 same ips addresses on same network will give similar symptoms)
Have you done smart hub reset?
Try setting DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (Google)
Do a factory reset.
Exchange tv if still in return period.

I just updated to firmware 1113, but I still have the same issue. I've tried all of the above except using the Google DNS. I doubt it will work, but thanks for the help. Worst case I'll try and exchange the TV. Thanks!
post #2637 of 4975

I know this is the F7100 forum but I bought the Samsung UN60F7050 model from Costco a few months ago. On a whole I am loving the TV but there are certain audio/video sync problems happening that I've tried to fix but it can be an annoying problem.

For regular Live TV:
For most live tv channels, having the Auto-Motion set to Standard works great. I have the Audio Digital delay set to 50 (it was 30 as a factory default) and I find the bulk of HD movie channels are on (or damn near close) to being in sync. Some movies or channels are way off. 

For DVR'ed TV shows or pausing live TV and then resuming: Even if a show has perfect audio/video sync live, if I pause it and come back 10 minutes later and hit play, there is a slight audio/video sync delay. Also shows that I play on demand tend to have that same latency.

For Netflix: Even adjusting Auto-Motion to Clear gives us a slight delay of audio and video. I've tried adjusting the digital delay but what works for one program (House of Cards) won't work for another (Walking Dead). So it's rather annoying to have to keep adjusting it based on the show.


What settings work the best? Is anybody else having these same issues and can advise what they did to fix it?

post #2638 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1mm3rs View Post

I just updated to firmware 1113, but I still have the same issue. I've tried all of the above except using the Google DNS. I doubt it will work, but thanks for the help. Worst case I'll try and exchange the TV. Thanks!

Well I exchanged the TV for a new one today and am still disappointed in the You Tube app. The app freezing issues seems to be fixed, but You Tube is still incredibly slow. I even tried the display models in the store with the same result. The 8000 series seemed to load the app quicker, but still lagged until the content was loaded. I guess it's a problem with the app itself. All others seem to be fine.
post #2639 of 4975
Just a heads up. Software version 1113 is available and had tv in use for two days. No issues. No old issues returned. Picture looks great.
post #2640 of 4975
I was actually considering getting the F7100 because of issues I'm having with my current tv which is the Vizio M501. Figured I would come over here and get some reviews on how it is because the problems I'm having with my DirecTV is the picture is grainy on all channels except for maybe ESPN and motion blur which I can't seem to fix. Interesting that I come here and see someone with the same kind of problems with a different tv so maybe DirecTV is actually the issue. All that aside though, what's everyone's opinion on the quality of this tv meaning PQ and issues that they have?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread