or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 98

post #2911 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by hearrean View Post

Well, maybe you can help me with this problem. I just set up my new UN65F7100 & programmed my Harmony One afterward. But at start-up, there is a message that pops up superimposed over the top of the SAT channel. Here's exactly what the message says as soon as the TV is powered on. "Check the device is connected properly, then try turning on the device by selecting the device below." Then below, inside a small square are the words "STB". And then below that, another small square that says "OK." Now it will automatically disappear after about 10 seconds or you can just select "ok" with the TV's remote to remove it. (Obviously STB is referring to my SAT box & it's definitely connected properly or I wouldn't be getting a picture). Someone said in another forum that this same issue had been reported either in this thread or the 8000 thread & he thought it had something to do with disabling something in the TV's settings. Would you have any ideas since you have this same TV & the Harmony One?

Ken

Hey there, I had exactly the same problem after updating to FW1116. As another poster said, try going to "Smart Features", then "On TV" and turning it to antenna, but that will remove the TV guide function on the TV ( not a problem for me as I use the set-top guide instead). But that didn't work for me, so I tried going to "System", then "Device Manager", then "Universal Remote Setup", you'll see at the bottom a button saying Start, and beside it other buttons (in my case I only had one) that will be the name of your SAT box, if you hit that it'll pop-up a list if choices, and at the bottom will be "Delete". Hit that, then exit out and your problem should be gone! Hope that helps you or others having the same problem, it seems like the latest update tries to setup the Samsung remote as universal from the start.
post #2912 of 4991
I just had my 60F7100 ISF calibrated using FW 1116 and man does the picture ever shine. I had been watching the display on either Natural or Dynamic and I had always noticed that a lot of the colors were too saturated - especially reds and bright whites. It was especially evident while watching football and you'd lose a lot of details in players uniforms when under bright lighting conditions. I also never really was pleased with flesh tones on the TV, but they really look good now.

The guy who came out to perform the calibration was super cool and explained everything along the way. First thing he did was go into the service menu and enable "Expert Mode" which enables two more picture modes, "CAL-DAY" and "CAL-NIGHT". Just by looking at the display he said there was too much red in the picture and the sensor confirmed this. He played around with a lot of color settings and got everything tuned within all these little boxes on the color diagram he was using. I'm a pretty technical guy and I like to think I know a little about everything, but what he explained made sense at the time but was information overload.

What I do know is that the picture looks great now. It's much more muted, but after watching it for an hour and going back to any of the four standard picture modes (Standard, Dynamic, Movie, or Natural) just makes the picture look entirely too bright and oversaturated.

I can post my settings, however I'm waiting for an email back from the guy who performed the calibration. He said he'd send them over. It'll be much easier if I do this than try and dig everything out from the TV itself.

In case you didn't know, if you purchased your set from Best Buy and you are a Reward Zone Silver (now Elite Plus) member, you can call and request the ISF calibration for free.
post #2913 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuushin View Post

Hey there, I had exactly the same problem after updating to FW1116. As another poster said, try going to "Smart Features", then "On TV" and turning it to antenna, but that will remove the TV guide function on the TV ( not a problem for me as I use the set-top guide instead). But that didn't work for me, so I tried going to "System", then "Device Manager", then "Universal Remote Setup", you'll see at the bottom a button saying Start, and beside it other buttons (in my case I only had one) that will be the name of your SAT box, if you hit that it'll pop-up a list if choices, and at the bottom will be "Delete". Hit that, then exit out and your problem should be gone! Hope that helps you or others having the same problem, it seems like the latest update tries to setup the Samsung remote as universal from the start.

Great, I'll try that because the other poster's fix didn't work for me either. I just tried changing it to antenna, but when I did, I lost my source (HDMI 1: STB): Dish) all together. I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Ken
post #2914 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieZ View Post

I just had my 60F7100 ISF calibrated using FW 1116 and man does the picture ever shine. I had been watching the display on either Natural or Dynamic and I had always noticed that a lot of the colors were too saturated - especially reds and bright whites. It was especially evident while watching football and you'd lose a lot of details in players uniforms when under bright lighting conditions. I also never really was pleased with flesh tones on the TV, but they really look good now.

The guy who came out to perform the calibration was super cool and explained everything along the way. First thing he did was go into the service menu and enable "Expert Mode" which enables two more picture modes, "CAL-DAY" and "CAL-NIGHT". Just by looking at the display he said there was too much red in the picture and the sensor confirmed this. He played around with a lot of color settings and got everything tuned within all these little boxes on the color diagram he was using. I'm a pretty technical guy and I like to think I know a little about everything, but what he explained made sense at the time but was information overload.

What I do know is that the picture looks great now. It's much more muted, but after watching it for an hour and going back to any of the four standard picture modes (Standard, Dynamic, Movie, or Natural) just makes the picture look entirely too bright and oversaturated.

I can post my settings, however I'm waiting for an email back from the guy who performed the calibration. He said he'd send them over. It'll be much easier if I do this than try and dig everything out from the TV itself.

In case you didn't know, if you purchased your set from Best Buy and you are a Reward Zone Silver (now Elite Plus) member, you can call and request the ISF calibration for free.

Yes, please post those settings when you can. I've tried a couple posted on here as well as the 8000 forum & they're still not right. For lack of a better phrase, the picture is hazy & lacks distinct detail. BTW, did the Geek Squad calibrate your set or someone else?

Thanks,

Ken
post #2915 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieZ View Post

I just had my 60F7100 ISF calibrated using FW 1116 and man does the picture ever shine. I had been watching the display on either Natural or Dynamic and I had always noticed that a lot of the colors were too saturated - especially reds and bright whites. It was especially evident while watching football and you'd lose a lot of details in players uniforms when under bright lighting conditions. I also never really was pleased with flesh tones on the TV, but they really look good now.

The guy who came out to perform the calibration was super cool and explained everything along the way. First thing he did was go into the service menu and enable "Expert Mode" which enables two more picture modes, "CAL-DAY" and "CAL-NIGHT". Just by looking at the display he said there was too much red in the picture and the sensor confirmed this. He played around with a lot of color settings and got everything tuned within all these little boxes on the color diagram he was using. I'm a pretty technical guy and I like to think I know a little about everything, but what he explained made sense at the time but was information overload.

What I do know is that the picture looks great now. It's much more muted, but after watching it for an hour and going back to any of the four standard picture modes (Standard, Dynamic, Movie, or Natural) just makes the picture look entirely too bright and oversaturated.

I can post my settings, however I'm waiting for an email back from the guy who performed the calibration. He said he'd send them over. It'll be much easier if I do this than try and dig everything out from the TV itself.

In case you didn't know, if you purchased your set from Best Buy and you are a Reward Zone Silver (now Elite Plus) member, you can call and request the ISF calibration for free.
hey man can u post your pic settings asap Lol I really wanna see what your talking about and I didn't knw it was two other pic modes? How do find them?
post #2916 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuushin View Post

Hey there, I had exactly the same problem after updating to FW1116. As another poster said, try going to "Smart Features", then "On TV" and turning it to antenna, but that will remove the TV guide function on the TV ( not a problem for me as I use the set-top guide instead). But that didn't work for me, so I tried going to "System", then "Device Manager", then "Universal Remote Setup", you'll see at the bottom a button saying Start, and beside it other buttons (in my case I only had one) that will be the name of your SAT box, if you hit that it'll pop-up a list if choices, and at the bottom will be "Delete". Hit that, then exit out and your problem should be gone! Hope that helps you or others having the same problem, it seems like the latest update tries to setup the Samsung remote as universal from the start.

Worked like a charm....Thanks much!!

Ken
post #2917 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by hearrean View Post

Worked like a charm....Thanks much!!

Ken

Glad to hear!
post #2918 of 4991
The version is 1116.0

This firmware update will improve the following:

- Solves Network Connection Issue with Wireless Router.

- Improves Picture Quality.

- Solves the issue Screen Mirroring does not work.

- Solves the issue Digital Clean View does not work correctly.



http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60F7100AFXZA
post #2919 of 4991
just got my 55f7050 from costco last week, loving it! can't wait for PS4 in 2 weeks!!

finished calibrating using Pirates settings and I'm very impressed with the set and calibration. very minimal flash lighting/clouding and overall love the PQ of the tv.

a few changes i made-
brightness to 44
Advanced Settings - Dynamic Contrast LOW
Black Tone DARK

this is to just give it a slightly more pop and a hair darker.

all processing is also turned to off.

quick question tho, what exactly is film mode and what is film based and what is video based?

Film - Auto 1 [for film based] or Auto 2 [for video based]
post #2920 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebas Garcia View Post

The version is 1116.0

This firmware update will improve the following:

- Solves Network Connection Issue with Wireless Router.

- Improves Picture Quality.

- Solves the issue Screen Mirroring does not work.

- Solves the issue Digital Clean View does not work correctly.



http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60F7100AFXZA
r u sure that's for 1116? Because 1115 said the same thing
post #2921 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmane View Post

r u sure that's for 1116? Because 1115 said the same thing

Samsung release notes are lulz. If you made a Venn diagram of their release going back across 5 years of TV sets you'd have an almost perfect circle. Said another way, they almost always say the exact same thing smile.gif
post #2922 of 4991
Thanks for the clarification, nyushin. I wasn't at my HT, so I couldn't remember how to access this setting. What I meant to say in the 2nd part of my prior post was that I was having a similar problem as hearrean...except with my BD player. Just in case anyone else has similar issues, the solution is to delete all items in the Universal Remote Setup, as per nyushin (and credit to others on this forum). Thanks.
post #2923 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

Youre welcome. Yes... The free upgrade had a lot to do with good timing in my case. The new "F" series TV's had just been released during my last round of repairs with a Samsung Tech. When dealing with Samsung, stay calm and just deal with them in a positive way and in the end, they should take care of you. A few members on these formuns have been offered free upgrades after going along with the repair visit attempts. Others have also been offered exchanges or refunds. There is a seporate dept that has the authority to make these types of decissions. I think it's called Excutive Customer Relations or somthing like that.

So I called into Samsung and they went through all these steps to resolve the issue like last time. They were nice and it resulted to having a service repair done again. Samsung got me in contact with the same technician. Some electronic repair center that i'm guessing that 3rd parties with Samsung on repairs and replacements in my area. The tech called me and I stayed calm. He said it's been a month since the last replacement and he told me if we replace it again then I might have the same issues again or if not worse. Says there are no LED's that have perfect blacks and plasmas only provide that. I said I understood that but I shouldn't be experiencing clouding on a screen even if the blacks are not good. I said I have a Vizio that is cheaper and has no clouding. He said it's because the Samsung is a nicer picture it has more to handle (Contrast Ratio).

He again said the "Prime Panels" haven't come in yet and once they are out of stock then they will come in and you are likely to get a better panel with no problems. (He told this info to me when he came out for the first replacement). Tech told me to give him a call in December and see if the prime panels come in.

I do remember him specifically telling me that he doesn't get paid if he comes out before 90 days. Though he did NOT mention it again on the phone, I believe he was trying to cover his ass from coming out again. Don't know why he tried to convince me to wait.

I didn't want to argue because I wanted to stay calm and I agreed that I would call him back in December. I hate to wait a month or two just to see if a "prime" panel comes in. Just spending $1400 on a TV I would expect there to be less clouding than what I have or if not any at all. It's really distracting. I just bought the TV August 1st so I guess I have the warranty for a whole year at least. Wondering if I should call Samsung Customer Service instead?
post #2924 of 4991
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieZ View Post

I just had my 60F7100 ISF calibrated using FW 1116 and man does the picture ever shine. I had been watching the display on either Natural or Dynamic and I had always noticed that a lot of the colors were too saturated - especially reds and bright whites. It was especially evident while watching football and you'd lose a lot of details in players uniforms when under bright lighting conditions. I also never really was pleased with flesh tones on the TV, but they really look good now.

The guy who came out to perform the calibration was super cool and explained everything along the way. First thing he did was go into the service menu and enable "Expert Mode" which enables two more picture modes, "CAL-DAY" and "CAL-NIGHT". Just by looking at the display he said there was too much red in the picture and the sensor confirmed this. He played around with a lot of color settings and got everything tuned within all these little boxes on the color diagram he was using. I'm a pretty technical guy and I like to think I know a little about everything, but what he explained made sense at the time but was information overload.

What I do know is that the picture looks great now. It's much more muted, but after watching it for an hour and going back to any of the four standard picture modes (Standard, Dynamic, Movie, or Natural) just makes the picture look entirely too bright and oversaturated.

I can post my settings, however I'm waiting for an email back from the guy who performed the calibration. He said he'd send them over. It'll be much easier if I do this than try and dig everything out from the TV itself.

In case you didn't know, if you purchased your set from Best Buy and you are a Reward Zone Silver (now Elite Plus) member, you can call and request the ISF calibration for free.

Cool experience.

I also have the Best Buy Elite Plus and avoided the calibration.

With fw. ver. 1115.1's killer-motion the picture looks the best that I can imagine.
post #2925 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupted Mind View Post

So I called into Samsung and they went through all these steps to resolve the issue like last time. They were nice and it resulted to having a service repair done again. Samsung got me in contact with the same technician. Some electronic repair center that i'm guessing that 3rd parties with Samsung on repairs and replacements in my area. The tech called me and I stayed calm. He said it's been a month since the last replacement and he told me if we replace it again then I might have the same issues again or if not worse. Says there are no LED's that have perfect blacks and plasmas only provide that. I said I understood that but I shouldn't be experiencing clouding on a screen even if the blacks are not good. I said I have a Vizio that is cheaper and has no clouding. He said it's because the Samsung is a nicer picture it has more to handle (Contrast Ratio).

He again said the "Prime Panels" haven't come in yet and once they are out of stock then they will come in and you are likely to get a better panel with no problems. (He told this info to me when he came out for the first replacement). Tech told me to give him a call in December and see if the prime panels come in.

I do remember him specifically telling me that he doesn't get paid if he comes out before 90 days. Though he did NOT mention it again on the phone, I believe he was trying to cover his ass from coming out again. Don't know why he tried to convince me to wait.

I didn't want to argue because I wanted to stay calm and I agreed that I would call him back in December. I hate to wait a month or two just to see if a "prime" panel comes in. Just spending $1400 on a TV I would expect there to be less clouding than what I have or if not any at all. It's really distracting. I just bought the TV August 1st so I guess I have the warranty for a whole year at least. Wondering if I should call Samsung Customer Service instead?
I honestly don't know if this prime panel thing is true or not. If you have enough paitients to wait, thats up to you. I personally would request a conversation with Executive Customer Relations and at least express your concerns. That department has more pull and has been very helpful with my problem in the past. They may offer you a faster solution what ever that may be. Do NOT listen to the Tech in regards to clouding. This was supposed to be much less apparent on the F series TV's and much improved from previous years. When the F series TV's first came out, it was quite a nice improvement and most of us who replaced the ES series were very pleased in regards to this improvement in the F series panel design. Hope all turns out OK in the long run for you.
post #2926 of 4991
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

I honestly don't know if this prime panel thing is true or not. If you have enough paitients to wait, thats up to you. I personally would request a conversation with Executive Customer Relations and at least express your concerns. That department has more pull and has been very helpful with my problem in the past. They may offer you a faster solution what ever that may be. Do NOT listen to the Tech in regards to clouding. This was supposed to be much less apparent on the F series TV's and much improved from previous years. When the F series TV's first came out, it was quite a nice improvement and most of us who replaced the ES series were very pleased in regards to this improvement in the F series panel design. Hope all turns out OK in the long run for you.

+2, You responded before I could......call and ask for Executive Customer Relations.

It worked for me twice.
post #2927 of 4991
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupted Mind View Post

The tech called me and I stayed calm. He said it's been a month since the last replacement and he told me if we replace it again then I might have the same issues again or if not worse. Says there are no LED's that have perfect blacks and plasmas only provide that. I said I understood that but I shouldn't be experiencing clouding on a screen even if the blacks are not good. He said it's because the Samsung is a nicer picture it has more to handle (Contrast Ratio).

He again said the "Prime Panels" haven't come in yet and once they are out of stock then they will come in and you are likely to get a better panel with no problems. (He told this info to me when he came out for the first replacement). Tech told me to give him a call in December and see if the prime panels come in.

I didn't want to argue because I wanted to stay calm and I agreed that I would call him back in December. I hate to wait a month or two just to see if a "prime" panel comes in. Just spending $1400 on a TV I would expect there to be less clouding than what I have or if not any at all. It's really distracting. I just bought the TV August 1st so I guess I have the warranty for a whole year at least. Wondering if I should call Samsung Customer Service instead?

YES, call Samsung Customer Service.

Ask for Executive Customer Relations (E.C.R.) explain and document all that has happened..including photos.

In a way the local tech is right..most "new" replacement panels are from other problem HDTVs.

But Honestly, wait until December...? Total B.S. he can declare the set un-repairable and has the power to recommend a new set to E.C.R..

Samsung policy is 3 failed repairs = refund or new TV replacement.
post #2928 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Cool experience.

I also have the Best Buy Elite Plus and avoided the calibration.

With fw. ver. 1115.1's killer-motion the picture looks the best that I can imagine.
pirate do u still use the same pic settings ?
post #2929 of 4991
Hi everyone ....so 3days ago I gave in to temptation and upgraded the fw to 1116 despite liking 1115 a Lot. After 72 plus hrs i'm happy to say that the pic quality is superb.Thr change I do notice is that the micro dimming is less aggressive in standard mode.
My unscientific experiment was to keep the calibration settings unchanged from before upgrade and compare standard vs.Movie modes on the same material (with lot of contrast like stand up comedy/discovery channels beyond the wormhole etc.)
The switch from movie to standard and back doesn't cause too much of difference unlike before tho still perceptible .So I think it's a good upgrade.Another change is that some of the flash lighting in the one corner where I most noticed it seems to have reduced ( I know ppl consider this a structural problem but for whatever reason ....mayb coincidental ...it's non existent w micro dimming enabled modes giving great blacks)

that's my two cents....would love to hear from others!!Cheers!!
Edited by 4top455 - 11/4/13 at 5:04pm
post #2930 of 4991
I also noticed standard mode looks better also after firmware 1116.I am useing Piratecove settings.when I compare the two settings, standard mode and movie mode they look close to the same. With the exception that movie mode has a slight green tint with the settings from Piratecove.I am also an elite Best Buy customer. So I think I am eligible 4 a free calibration. If it doesn't look good I can always change it back.
post #2931 of 4991
Yeah, FW 1114 made my set look a bit fuzzy; however, the new FW 1116 made it look great again. BTW, PiratesCoves' settings are still great.
Edited by SamOner - 11/4/13 at 6:10pm
post #2932 of 4991
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmane View Post

pirate do u still use the same pic settings ?

Yes.
post #2933 of 4991
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post

Downloaded 1116. Looks great. 6 hours in. Zero issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4top455 View Post

Hi everyone ....so 3days ago I gave in to temptation and upgraded the fw to 1116 despite liking 1115 a Lot. After 72 plus hrs i'm happy to say that the pic quality is superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamOner View Post

Yeah, FW 1114 made my set look a bit fuzzy; however, the new FW 1116 made it look great again. BTW, PiratesCoves' settings are still great.

Great feedback....I'm tempted to try fw. ver. 1116 now.....
post #2934 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

I honestly don't know if this prime panel thing is true or not. If you have enough paitients to wait, thats up to you. I personally would request a conversation with Executive Customer Relations and at least express your concerns. That department has more pull and has been very helpful with my problem in the past. They may offer you a faster solution what ever that may be. Do NOT listen to the Tech in regards to clouding. This was supposed to be much less apparent on the F series TV's and much improved from previous years. When the F series TV's first came out, it was quite a nice improvement and most of us who replaced the ES series were very pleased in regards to this improvement in the F series panel design. Hope all turns out OK in the long run for you.

Yeah after reading about the "prime panel" thing in another thread and thinking about it more I highly doubt it means what several people have implied. If anything it is probably just a brand new panel opposed to ones that have been sitting around in the parts warehouse for who know's how long and may have been taken out of tvs with some other kind of problem.
post #2935 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

I honestly don't know if this prime panel thing is true or not. If you have enough paitients to wait, thats up to you. I personally would request a conversation with Executive Customer Relations and at least express your concerns. That department has more pull and has been very helpful with my problem in the past. They may offer you a faster solution what ever that may be. Do NOT listen to the Tech in regards to clouding. This was supposed to be much less apparent on the F series TV's and much improved from previous years. When the F series TV's first came out, it was quite a nice improvement and most of us who replaced the ES series were very pleased in regards to this improvement in the F series panel design. Hope all turns out OK in the long run for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

YES, call Samsung Customer Service.

Ask for Executive Customer Relations (E.C.R.) explain and document all that has happened..including photos.

In a way the local tech is right..most "new" replacement panels are from other problem HDTVs.

But Honestly, wait until December...? Total B.S. he can declare the set un-repairable and has the power to recommend a new set to E.C.R..

Samsung policy is 3 failed repairs = refund or new TV replacement.

Thanks guys I appreciate the response and will get in contact with Customer Service and i'll let you know what happens. I found it BS too from what the tech was telling me. Thanks
post #2936 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post



Great feedback....I'm tempted to try fw. ver. 1116 now.....
The feedback sounds real good and I'm also tempted to do the latest firmware update to ver 1116. With the current version 1115, I have noticed that Standard Mode has improved to the point where I can no longer stay on Movie Mode for all viewing. When in Standard mode, I have Zero flashlighting or clouding when viewing 2D material. I do see a small amount of flashlighting in Movie Mode but no clouding. SO In the daylight, I tend to use Movie Mode and at night, I really like Standard to hide the small amount of flashlighting. For you guys that have ver 1116 installed, how is the Smart Hub stability? Any problems in any of the streaming apps like NetFlix? Version 1115 is so good, it's really hard to decide to go for it. Is there any obvious improvements that really makes it worth the upgrade?rolleyes.gif
post #2937 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

The feedback sounds real good and I'm also tempted to do the latest firmware update to ver 1116. With the current version 1115, I have noticed that Standard Mode has improved to the point where I can no longer stay on Movie Mode for all viewing. When in Standard mode, I have Zero flashlighting or clouding when viewing 2D material. I do see a small amount of flashlighting in Movie Mode but no clouding. SO In the daylight, I tend to use Movie Mode and at night, I really like Standard to hide the small amount of flashlighting. For you guys that have ver 1116 installed, how is the Smart Hub stability? Any problems in any of the streaming apps like NetFlix? Version 1115 is so good, it's really hard to decide to go for it. Is there any obvious improvements that really makes it worth the upgrade?rolleyes.gif

Care to share your Standard Mode settings. I have been using the settings provide by Teqzen: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/1050#post_23470232
since day one. Did not like the Movie Mode because of too much greenish tint on the skin color and the muted colors.
post #2938 of 4991
I caved n as well and updated to 1116 and man the pic so far looks better to me than 1115 motion still great as well (so far) but so far so good
post #2939 of 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmane View Post

I caved n as well and updated to 1116 and man the pic so far looks better to me than 1115 motion still great as well (so far) but so far so good
When you guys are talking about the "motion" being good or great; what are you referring to?

Ken
post #2940 of 4991
I am seeing so many posts here about the 7100's PQ, I'm really thrown for a loop. I purchased a new UN65F7100 a week or so ago & really not pleased with its picture quality (PQ) at all! And I'm very familiar with Samsungs as that's all I've owned & I've owned several. Although I have not yet had this one calibrated, but I never did on any of my others either. I simply used someone else's calibrated settings & then tweaked from there. In this case, I used Pirates as well as some on another review site. I also saw some other settings on here using "Standard", but I've been told by some of the best ISF calibrators out there that no accurately adjusted panel should ever use "standard" as opposed to "Movie" mode. Although I realize it all actually comes down to user preference in the end, unfortunately for me, I tend to be a purest & prefer the optimum suggested ISF settings.
But on this one, I'm not impressed. My source material is Dish HD & a Sony BD player (top of the line). But the picture, for lack of better phrasing, is smeary, not sharp, no definition. I've adjusted settings until there's nothing more to adjust. And besides I really don't think that the picture settings would help this anyway.
I have noticed minor clouding in a couple of corners, but that doesn't affect the PQ I'm seeing. My panel is a TH02, which I believe I read is a Samsung panel (in the past, that was never a good thing). I'm not sure where to go from this point. I bought from a local retailer unfortunately that doesn't know the 1st thing about on-site service. They would only come in handy if the legs broke off the crows foot stand, but forget going into the service menu. I'm tempted to check into a calibration to see if that helps, but I live in S.E. Texas & nowhere near any truly good ISF calibrators. We do have Best Buy/Geek Squad here, but I've been told to steer as far away from them as possible when it comes to calibration. Although I tended to believe that when I see they advertise a $199 price tag & most ISF calibrators charge upwards of $350 - $500 & you usually get what you pay for. I've also seen their in-store before & after calibration example & definitely wasn't impressed. (Their before looked better). I suppose I could call Samsung, but they will want to send the retailer out (Conn's) & again, that's a no go.
Anyone have any suggestions? Keep it clean. smile.gif

Thanks,

Ken
Edited by hearrean - 11/5/13 at 1:15pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread