or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 27

post #781 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

I think the eco sensor is great. Since it only changes the brightness, you do not have to adjust it manually for daytime and night time viewing. It has been stated, changing the brightness level does not have an effect on the calibration of any other settings so you are not ruining anything with the picture buy lowering or raising the brightness so might as well let the TV set your brightness for the different times of the day.
eric, when you say it only changes brightness, do you mean it only changes backlight? I don't have a set with eco, but am just trying to keep up.
post #782 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastan350 View Post

I have a Vizio m651d-a2r that I got from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, just ordered the 65 7100 (coming on Thurs) to replace it since I am not happy with the Vizio. Too much ghosting and motor blur for me. I don't know if I am just picky or not but it was bad in games and made them harder to play even in game mode. I am 15 pages in on this thread and no one seems to have mentioned the 2d to 3d conversion. Does this work on any feed and is it even worth using? I am going to assume since no one has mentioned it that is isn't haha. Also how is the Active 3d on this? I have heard some say it is good. I really liked the passive on the Vizio but definitely saw a drop in resolution from my dads active XVT Vizio. Less flicker on the passive also.
I am sure the Samsung will handle motion better then the Vizio. The Vizio's are priced competitively and a good deal for people who want a decent TV at lower prices but they will lack the finer touches of the better more expensive LED TV's.

My thought is you can buy an inexpensive plasma and still get a decent picture out of it with a uniform screen but that is not something you well get from an inexpensive LED. Even the more expensive LEDs have their fair share of issues so that just tells you what to expect from the lower priced ones.

As far as 2d-3d conversion, yeah it works but I just think people don't use it. It is kind of pointless and you get a better quality picture just watching something like that in 2d.
post #783 of 4994
These panel versions on the different sizes is so confusing. The 65inch has panel AH01, while the 65F6300 and 6400 have M panels and of course the 65F8000 has the Samsung panel. Has anyone heard much about the AH01 panels? From what I have seen, at least the panels are consistent in the size range...i.e. you won't find a Samsung panel in the 65F7100 as far as I can tell.
I can't seem to find the A panels being used in any other size or model series, why just the 65F7100?
Are the A panels better than the M panels or H panels (Sharp) but worse of course than the T (Samsung panels)???

Side by side at RCWILLEY, the 65F8000 had much more detail and the 65F7100 and 65F6300 seemed similar with a slight edge to the 6300.

Model UN65F6300AFXZA-MS01

Model UN65F6400AFXZA-MH01

Model UN65F7100AFXZA-AH01

Model UN65F8000BFXZA-TS01
post #784 of 4994
Model UN60F6300AFXZA-HS01

Model UN60F6400AFXZA-HD01

Model UN60F7100AFXZA-HH01

Model UN60F7500AFXZA-TH01

Model UN60F8000BFXZA-TS01


Model UN55F6300AFXZA-TH01
Model UN55F6400AFXZA-TS01
Model UN55F7100AFXZA-TD01
Model UN55F7500AFXZA-TS01
Model UN55F8000BFXZA-TS01

Model UN55FH6030FXZA-TH01
post #785 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus933 View Post

Funny, I'm looking for the differences between the F7500 and F7100 units. Is there a noticeable difference between Pro and Standard micro dimming? Is there a noticeable difference 960 and 720 CMR?

I don't look at Smart Hub as a ON or OFF proposition. Meaning I'll use it for Amazon VOD since it's not available on my oppo 103 BDP so the quad processor might be beneficial. What would make the F7500 worthwhile for sure if it did a better job of eliminating light bleeding and clouding. But I'm very encouraged that there are very few complaints about light leakage on the F7100. Plus the F7100 comes in a 65 inch size.

The F7500 is basically the same unit as the F8000 minus the higher CMR and extra Black auto dimming. The picture quality is better with the F7500 over the F7100 but the crazy part is the Blacks/contrast level is about the same, which from one review I read they compared the F7100 to the F8000 in black level after ISF calibration and the F7100 achieved a better black/contrast level and better shadow detail over the higher F8000. biggrin.gif
post #786 of 4994
Quick question hope some one can clarify for me. In the auto motion plus settings under custom there is a clear motion setting. When this is turned on does it then activate the clear motion rate (CMR)? in my case the box says CMR of 720 for the F7100.
post #787 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post

These panel versions on the different sizes is so confusing. The 65inch has panel AH01, while the 65F6300 and 6400 have M panels and of course the 65F8000 has the Samsung panel. Has anyone heard much about the AH01 panels? From what I have seen, at least the panels are consistent in the size range...i.e. you won't find a Samsung panel in the 65F7100 as far as I can tell.
I can't seem to find the A panels being used in any other size or model series, why just the 65F7100?
Are the A panels better than the M panels or H panels (Sharp) but worse of course than the T (Samsung panels)???

Side by side at RCWILLEY, the 65F8000 had much more detail and the 65F7100 and 65F6300 seemed similar with a slight edge to the 6300.

Model UN65F6300AFXZA-MS01

Model UN65F6400AFXZA-MH01

Model UN65F7100AFXZA-AH01

Model UN65F8000BFXZA-TS01

So wait.. the 65f7100 is possibly a Sharp panel or a AOU Optics one? I doubt the difference between the AOU and the Samsung is worth getting the F8000 but if the 65F7100 is a Sharp panel I would have to get the 65F8000 as I will not buy a Sharp panel again.

I love the 55F7100 so much I want a larger one for the living room!
post #788 of 4994
I'm a little bit concerned as to what manufacturer is making the 65. I hope it is Samsung. I found this review which is promising.

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/samsung-lcd-tv/samsung-un65f7100-specs.html

He says "The picture quality on the UN65F7100 is almost as excellent as the top tier F8000 series. "

I guess I will find out on Thursday when I get mine. Anyone have the 65 and can offer any input?

Actually after looking at this site they seem to have similar reviews for the whole F series and I am not sure if he actually did the reviews based off of one of them or all.
post #789 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastan350 View Post

I'm a little bit concerned as to what manufacturer is making the 65. I hope it is Samsung. I found this review which is promising.

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/samsung-lcd-tv/samsung-un65f7100-specs.html

He says "The picture quality on the UN65F7100 is almost as excellent as the top tier F8000 series. "

I guess I will find out on Thursday when I get mine. Anyone have the 65 and can offer any input?

Actually after looking at this site they seem to have similar reviews for the whole F series and I am not sure if he actually did the reviews based off of one of them or all.

I am not sure if this site is doing actual reviews or just quoting specs from the manufacturer website, with a rather generic review.

Case in point, he has the 65F7100 in his review as having the half moon stand....this is incorrect based on what I have seen in person at RCWILLEY, it has the quad (X) stand. The 75inch may have the half moon stand, I'm not sure.
post #790 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post

Case in point, he has the 65F7100 in his review as having the half moon stand....this is incorrect based on what I have seen in person at RCWILLEY, it has the quad (X) stand.

I've noticed that too. The video review of the F7500 clearly uses the F8000.
post #791 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post

I am not sure if this site is doing actual reviews or just quoting specs from the manufacturer website, with a rather generic review.

Case in point, he has the 65F7100 in his review as having the half moon stand....this is incorrect based on what I have seen in person at RCWILLEY, it has the quad (X) stand. The 75inch may have the half moon stand, I'm not sure.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too, I guess I will just have to wait and see on Thursday when I get it. I tried to get an idea of what it looked like in BB, comparing it to the Vizio m651d-a2r which I have and was also a couple of TVs down and I mean maybe a slight edge to the Samsung. But obviously no way to tell until you get them both home and start really looking and adjusting settings. I know the Samsung will win with straight up customization options for motion and things like that so we will see.. the Vizio motion settings are a joke.
post #792 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by brehiser View Post

For anyone interested I ordered the 65" f7100 from best buy on wednesday for 2599.00. Today i noticed Abe's of Maine has it for 2339.00 with free shipping. I went into Best Buy and showed them the online price at ABE's and they had no problem giving me the price match. The point of the story is you can now get the 65" f7100 from Best Buy for 2339.00 if you show them the Abes of Maine price. You're all welcome smile.gif

Are you by any chance local to Abe's? I'm not sure BB will price match unless local.
post #793 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsists View Post

Are you by any chance local to Abe's? I'm not sure BB will price match unless local.

I'm wondering the same. I'm getting a 55" and Abes has it for $1445 as opposed to $1799 at Best Buy but I'm no where near Abe's. However BB is trying to compete with the online market as well. I'm hoping I can go in and show them on my iPhone that it's in stock with free shipping and that will work.
post #794 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsists View Post

Are you by any chance local to Abe's? I'm not sure BB will price match unless local.

No, i live in VA. They didnt even try and argue it with me. I went into the TV section talked to the dept manager and he walked me over to customer support to apply the price match. Piece of cake.
post #795 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer the medic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsists View Post

Are you by any chance local to Abe's? I'm not sure BB will price match unless local.

I'm wondering the same. I'm getting a 55" and Abes has it for $1445 as opposed to $1799 at Best Buy but I'm no where near Abe's. However BB is trying to compete with the online market as well. I'm hoping I can go in and show them on my iPhone that it's in stock with free shipping and that will work.

They don't care about your iphone or Abe's. The manager will use his phone to verify the major retailers such as target, lowes, b&h, Amazon, ect. Abe's isn't one of them.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
post #796 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by brehiser View Post

No, i live in VA. They didnt even try and argue it with me. I went into the TV section talked to the dept manager and he walked me over to customer support to apply the price match. Piece of cake.

Nice, I'm going in this weekend, we'll see what happens. The extra $300 could be a new ....??? who knows
post #797 of 4994
post #798 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobz View Post



They don't care about your iphone or Abe's. The manager will use his phone to verify the major retailers such as target, lowes, b&h, Amazon, ect. Abe's isn't one of them.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Seems opinions very. can't hurt to try
post #799 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer the medic View Post

Seems opinions very. can't hurt to try

And that was supposed to be VARY... Hate auto correct sometimes
post #800 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobz View Post



They don't care about your iphone or Abe's. The manager will use his phone to verify the major retailers such as target, lowes, b&h, Amazon, ect. Abe's isn't one of them.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2


Not sure what to tell you, i have a receipt that shows otherwise. Im sure itd be up to the managers discretion, but mine wasnt about to lose a sale. (since i threatened to cancel my order if they didnt match it.)
post #801 of 4994
FYI, I posted some impressions of the Sony 55" W802A vs the F7100 in the W802A owners thread. (F7100 the clear winner to me.)
post #802 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nom de QWERTY View Post

We sit somewhere between 10 & 11 feet back, so distance isn't an issue. And it's not JUST SD content, it's simply been noticed there more often (and as much as I'd like to have all our content be HD, that's just not practical).

Our lamp was starting to go on our old TV, which makes me wonder if we were just losing the noise in the dimming screen. There's one other thing that's changed as well, now that I think of it - our old hookup was via component cables, not HDMI. Wonder if that could make a difference...

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Or have any other thoughts regarding this issue?

HDMI vs Component cables are supposed to be the video same quality if they are high quality. HDMI gives you less conversion since its digital, and less audio cables.
You might try a newer cable box or different brand, they vary in quality of image.

I am not a brand loyalist. So sick of paying Sony's tax!
Manufacturers don't make it easy to compare TVs on purpose.
It would be nice to have 1 setting that is Industry calibrated & no added video processing on all TVs, that way you could compare them objectively, but that would upset the TV manufactures & marketers since they have to play tricks to compete.

In my option f7100/f7050 excellent in film based content.
Digital or HD video has a lot more artifacts and MPEG noise. That is why you turn down sharpness. I notice this less on 50" or less screens.
The TV won't make crappy signals or extremely compressed content look any better.
PQ is subjective its about video source material, type of display, settings on TV, cables, lighting, viewing distance, how good your eyes are, & how you feel emotionally.

I find that most stores with displays of TVs don't even have 1080p on the screens, they also leave the TVs in torch mode, with all the video processing on. Most sales people push the brand with the most mark up or hype, vs the best TV.

Best way to compare PQ is to turn off all video processing, get a bunch of USB Thumb sticks and put same Hi Rez pictures on them plug them in to TVs, this will also rule out cables and other video equipment, static images are easier to compare vs moving ones.

For testing 3D, use MPO picture files on USB thumb drives.

Each type of display has strength & weakness
In my opinion every tech been a compromise since moving away from CRT. (don't miss the geometry or impure grays and weight issues)

No LED/LCD beats Plasmas in PQ, but they are getting closer, can't wait to see what OLED will bring to the table.
Edited by teqzen - 6/17/13 at 7:40pm
post #803 of 4994
Hi,

I just bought a new Samsung UN55F7100AF from bestbuy and I also bought a sony blue ray home theatre system for $500 (SS-TSB11)

I am trying to output from the TV to the Sony Home theatre system with an HDMI cable??

But i am not sure how do to this!!


Regards
Thank You
post #804 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqzen View Post

No LED/LCD beats Plasmas in PQ, but they are getting closer, can't wait to see what OLED will bring to the table.

Oh but there was one that was up to the task REVIEW ELITE PRO-60 biggrin.gif

I just got one and it blew my socks off when I first powered it up!
Edited by XBRSteve - 6/17/13 at 7:57pm
post #805 of 4994
Well, I picked up my new 65" tonight from Best Buy. They honored the Abe's price (well, $2339.99, wasn't gonna squabble over $0.99 lol) with no resistance really. Got it home, mounted it and turned it on; dead pixel. frown.gif I'll have to call BB tomorrow to order me another one (bought the last one in the area) for a replacement.

What settings are everyone using? Out of the box I prefer the quality I was getting from my 65" M series Vizio I just returned for this set. I'm sure there are some settings out there that should blow that TV out of the water.
post #806 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBRSteve View Post

Oh but there was one that was up to the task REVIEW ELITE PRO-60 biggrin.gif

I just got one and it blew my socks off when I first powered it up!

That review is from Nov. 2011. I'm not sure if the Sharp Elite is up to the task compared to the Panasonic VT60/ZT60 and Samsung F8500.

But then again I don't think those plasmas were able to blow off anyone's socks smile.gif
Edited by venus933 - 6/17/13 at 10:28pm
post #807 of 4994
"No LED/LCD beats Plasmas in PQ, but they are getting closer, can't wait to see what OLED will bring to the table."

It seems to me plasmas are actually widening the gap the last couple of years. RE: Panasonic VT50, Panasonic VT60, Panasonic ZT60 and Samsung F8500.

Still, I'm considering a LED for the following reasons:

1) I Don't have to worry about my viewing habits to avoid IR
2) Plasmas have better contrast and blacks as long as no light is being reflected off the screen, so most of the advantage is loss in most viewing environments
3) Better clarity and brightness

I'll give up some color depth and contrast as long as light leakage and clouding are largely minimized.
post #808 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post

eric, when you say it only changes brightness, do you mean it only changes backlight? I don't have a set with eco, but am just trying to keep up.
Correct, it only changes the brightness of the screen depending on your environment. Also, most TV's with an eco sensor capability will allow you to set how low you will allow you backlight to go. So for example, on my TV in totally dark room the lowest I like my brightness to go is to level 3. So my eco sensor is set to level 3 and the brightest I like it to go is to level 10 which is is also set to. So depending on the light in the room the TV will automatically set the brightness anywhere between 10 and 3 automatically.

It is a great feature and I do not know why people think they need to turn it off. There is no reason to have your TV as bright as the sun as your room usually gets darker at night. Actually, you will get a better picture by lowering your brightness when you room gets darker. It will give you better blacks and cover up any flash lighting and clouding better buy lowering the brightness. It will also help with eye strain and fatigue by lowering the backlight in a darkened room. Again, the backlight has no effect on any of your other settings so you are not losing any pq by lowering the brightness but actually gaining more by eliminating some unwanted stuff at night.

So much easier to have the TV do this for you instead of always having to manually do it on your own to take advantage of the best picture based on the light environment of your room. People have a very large misconception of this feature.
post #809 of 4994
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsists View Post

Well, I picked up my new 65" tonight from Best Buy. They honored the Abe's price (well, $2339.99, wasn't gonna squabble over $0.99 lol) with no resistance really. Got it home, mounted it and turned it on; dead pixel. frown.gif I'll have to call BB tomorrow to order me another one (bought the last one in the area) for a replacement.

What settings are everyone using? Out of the box I prefer the quality I was getting from my 65" M series Vizio I just returned for this set. I'm sure there are some settings out there that should blow that TV out of the water.

Nice to see another Abes price matching success... If I ever get a day without being crazy busy I'll stop and try to PM on the 55" model.
post #810 of 4994
Gaming question. I think I spoke too soon with my praise a few days ago! I have been playing Last Of Us on this set and in the dark scenes the 'darkness' level seems to go up and down drastically. For instance if I walk in to a dark house it is hard to see. But if I spin my few around and face a window where there is light coming in it gets way brighter. Then as I turn further away from the window it get's very dark. Beyond what seems normal. I don't know much about micro dimming but is this a result of micro dimming? Is there anything to I can do to help this out?

As a side note, I have tried both game mode on and off and do not notice any kind of lag, at least in the games I am playing.

Thanks for any help!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread