or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 55ga7900 owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG 55ga7900 owners thread - Page 7

post #181 of 356
As anyone tried downloading xbmc from the android market and installing on the tv, as it worked? Please let me know thanks
post #182 of 356
still waiting on the update. Have owned this tv for 2 months now.
post #183 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackmaster1 View Post

As anyone tried downloading xbmc from the android market and installing on the tv, as it worked? Please let me know thanks

i downloaded xbmc build from xbmc.org and installed without issues. GUI is fluid no problems. But when i run any movie.. it shutters as its a known android/xbmc issue. Unusable.
post #184 of 356
Anyone else think this TV produces really good Blacks? I've been very impressed with it so far..
Edited by mercennarius - 10/27/13 at 4:39pm
post #185 of 356

/

post #186 of 356

yep all the same problems here, not sure where to turn, will make another call to customer service on Monday 10/28

post #187 of 356
 
------Reply to Your Inquiry-------



Dear Mr. XXXX, 

Thank you for contacting LG customer service! 

Sorry for the inconvenience that you may have experienced. If the TV goes dark by itself, there could be just one specific setting that we can check. This usually happens due to the energy save feature being engaged. The first thing that you have to check is the Mode Setting. The steps are located below:

1. Change the input to TV. By pressing the home button and select TV.
2. Once you changed it, press home again and go to settings.
3. On the search tab, type, energy save feature and turn it OFF.

After these steps, the TV shouldn’t go dark by itself.

I hope I was able to help you with your concern.
post #188 of 356

Still waiting on the Jelly Bean update for my GA7900. Are there any updates to HBOgo or Plex? such as 3D through Plex. What other reviews of the update do you guys have? Thanks

 

Why are they getting rid of Flash in Chrome if those comments were correct?

 

R

post #189 of 356
Yes there are updates to plex and hbogo...
They are no longer there.

Official hbogo is available in 4.3 and this update is 4.2.2... so its removed.

I was able to install hbogo via apk.. but the quality is SD and only mouse curser works since i used my mobile's apk
post #190 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle132 View Post

Hi everyone, I've been noticing a odd graphical bug with my 55GA7900. Every once in a while it looks almost like someone is taking a picture with a flash camera of the movie or TV show that I am watching- everything gets much brighter for just a fraction of a second. I can't find an exact cause of the issue but I've noticed a possible correlation between there being an especially bright scene and the odd flash.

Had anyone else noticed this brightness flash? It is very odd and distracting when it happens.

Thanks!

The only time I noticed my tv getting brighter or darker was when the Energy Saver was on. I have it in the off position and haven't noticed any issues.
post #191 of 356
OMG! I didn't think I'd like the 3D function that much but I find myself constantly buying 3D movies.

1. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
2. Dredd
3. Fright Night
4. Priest
5. Pacific Rim
6. Wrath of the Titans
7. World War Z
8. Star Trek: Into Darkness
9. Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs
10. Coraline
11. Little Mermaid
12. Beauty and the Beast
13. Amazing Ocean
14. Prometheus

What's in your player?
post #192 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahsiK View Post

The only time I noticed my tv getting brighter or darker was when the Energy Saver was on. I have it in the off position and haven't noticed any issues.

Yeah, I noticed that as well and disabled that feature right when I got the TV. This is something different- the best way I can describe it as if the director or cameraman who was shooting the scene in the movie accidentally used a flash camera and the whole scene flashes bright for just a fraction of a second. It's quite odd.

I really hope it isn't a defect but I can't find a rhyme or reason as to when it happens. Sometimes its often sometimes it wont happen for hours.

Not sure what to do about this.
post #193 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle132 View Post

Hi everyone, I've been noticing a odd graphical bug with my 55GA7900. Every once in a while it looks almost like someone is taking a picture with a flash camera of the movie or TV show that I am watching- everything gets much brighter for just a fraction of a second. I can't find an exact cause of the issue but I've noticed a possible correlation between there being an especially bright scene and the odd flash.

Had anyone else noticed this brightness flash? It is very odd and distracting when it happens.

Thanks!

 

Yes I had this happen a few times and it worried me at the time but I haven't had it happen in probably a month. It may have happened a few times back then within a few days. I think I was watching Game of Thrones on a really bright setting and there was also a bright scene like you alluded to but I cannot recall for sure. 

post #194 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by richromerman View Post

Yes I had this happen a few times and it worried me at the time but I haven't had it happen in probably a month. It may have happened a few times back then within a few days. I think I was watching Game of Thrones on a really bright setting and there was also a bright scene like you alluded to but I cannot recall for sure. 

Well it's good to know I'm not the only one anyway. It doesn't especially seem like something that can be fixed through settings.
post #195 of 356
Honestly this update is garbage!!! Can anyone tell me benefits of 4.2.2? I bought this TV in order to watch channels from old country, I can do it on tablets or phone but this TV still doesn't even support those Apps. This TV only supports useless apps. With 4.2 update they killed flash support so I can't stream soccer games from atdee.net Mozilla Firefox supports flash yet it is not included in Google play store for this TV. l have to see how I can upgrade again to 3.2 because 4.2 is useless.
post #196 of 356

can somebody test the youtube.com in chrome for me please

 

Quote:
hi

i also got a notification of the new update , but i am afraid to install it because of the lack of the adobe flash support

i use the chrome to play many live youtube videos , since they play without sound on the youtube app

my question is can the new software play youtube videos in chrome such as the below link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGfAXl4cw3E

 

please somebody test the youtube site in chrome and feed me back

 

thanks

 

regards

post #197 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasa111 View Post

Honestly this update is garbage!!! Can anyone tell me benefits of 4.2.2? I bought this TV in order to watch channels from old country, I can do it on tablets or phone but this TV still doesn't even support those Apps. This TV only supports useless apps. With 4.2 update they killed flash support so I can't stream soccer games from atdee.net Mozilla Firefox supports flash yet it is not included in Google play store for this TV. l have to see how I can upgrade again to 3.2 because 4.2 is useless.

 

Yeah based off this thread i've decided to prevent my TV from updating.

post #198 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercennarius View Post

Yeah based off this thread i've decided to prevent my TV from updating.

Isn't it possible to sideload Flash back onto the TV once is has updated? I know there is a Flash APK working with JB 4.2.2.
post #199 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalek View Post
 

hi

i also got a notification of the new update , but i am afraid to install it because of the lack of the adobe flash support

i use the chrome to play many live youtube videos , since they play without sound on the youtube app

my question is can the new software play youtube videos in chrome such as the below link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGfAXl4cw3E

 

please somebody test the youtube site in chrome and feed me back

 

thanks

 

regards

Yes, It works with 4.2 it some Arabic channel you can update it will work.

post #200 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle132 View Post


Isn't it possible to sideload Flash back onto the TV once is has updated? I know there is a Flash APK working with JB 4.2.2.

I was able to install Mozila Firefox 24 APK and and Falsh 11.1 and now I am able to run flash on the TV.. firefox seems also faster than chrome as well. 

post #201 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasa111 View Post

I was able to install Mozila Firefox 24 APK and and Falsh 11.1 and now I am able to run flash on the TV.. firefox seems also faster than chrome as well. 

Good to know thanks. I expected as much but haven't received the update yet to test this myself. For people who dislike losing flash from this update- this is your solution.
post #202 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasa111 View Post
 

I was able to install Mozila Firefox 24 APK and and Falsh 11.1 and now I am able to run flash on the TV.. firefox seems also faster than chrome as well. 


To install flash 11.1 do you need to have your TV rooted or can this be done to any LG55GA once the update has been installed? Is 11.1 the newest version of Flash that can be installed? Also does Amazon work for you now? Thanks!

post #203 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercennarius View Post


To install flash 11.1 do you need to have your TV rooted or can this be done to any LG55GA once the update has been installed? Is 11.1 the newest version of Flash that can be installed? Also does Amazon work for you now? Thanks!

I don't have the update yet but just from dealing with Android for quite a few years now, you shouldn't have to root the TV to sideload android APKs. Just download the APK file to the TV and select it from your Downloads and I would assume you would be prompted to install with the built-in installer. You may need to allow installs from unknown sources first.

Please correct me if I am wrong since I have to date only dealt with sideloading on phones.
post #204 of 356
does anyone know how to get sound while using netflix on this TV or any other app for that matter.
I got everything (cable box, PS3, blu ray player) hooked up to Denon AVR X1000 via HDMI cables and then one HDMI going from DENON ARC HDMI out to MHL on TV. Eveything works fine except for Netflix on my LG 55GA7900, i simply have no sound unless i switch TV to it own speakers.
No way of getting sound through receiver/speakers.
If anyone could chime in i would appreciate it.

Thank You
post #205 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by dronek75 View Post

does anyone know how to get sound while using netflix on this TV or any other app for that matter.
I got everything (cable box, PS3, blu ray player) hooked up to Denon AVR X1000 via HDMI cables and then one HDMI going from DENON ARC HDMI out to MHL on TV. Eveything works fine except for Netflix on my LG 55GA7900, i simply have no sound unless i switch TV to it own speakers.
No way of getting sound through receiver/speakers.
If anyone could chime in i would appreciate it.

Thank You

This TV does not have ARC apparently. You have to use a digital optical audio cable from the TV to your receiver and change the input. It's very annoying. 

 

I remember hearing from one user in a forum for this TV that said he got ARC to work but i haven't heard of anyone else getting it to work on this TV (including me). 

post #206 of 356
3 weeks later, still waiting on the JB update ...
post #207 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbebo View Post

3 weeks later, still waiting on the JB update ...

Me too. I wonder if they are doing it by serial number or perhaps ISP. I have Verizon FIOS.
post #208 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasa111 View Post
 

Yes, It works with 4.2 it some Arabic channel you can update it will work.


thank you very much for the info

i'm gonna give it a go later on

did you try any live channels in the youtube app as well , do they play with sound?

 

regards

post #209 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by saudagar View Post

Yes there are updates to plex and hbogo...
They are no longer there.

Official hbogo is available in 4.3 and this update is 4.2.2... so its removed.

I was able to install hbogo via apk.. but the quality is SD and only mouse curser works since i used my mobile's apk


So Plex is not there , is it available on the play store? is it free? did any one try it ?

 

regards

post #210 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasa111 View Post

I was able to install Mozila Firefox 24 APK and and Falsh 11.1 and now I am able to run flash on the TV.. firefox seems also faster than chrome as well. 

How did you install flash 11.1? I have installed Mozilla.. Is it a reqt to install Mozilla 24 before flash 11.1? Can you share flash 11.1 apk?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 55ga7900 owners thread