Originally Posted by Mrkazador
Nice! I'm curious how they compare to your current speakers. You got a pretty high end setup so this should be interesting.
I spent about $7300 for my current 7 speakers. $3k DIY vs $7.3k OEM. I would like these to be better, especially considering that the alternative upgrade from B&W (2013) requires $23000 in addition to reusing $6300 of the current $7300!!!
Obviously, the dynamic range and overall SPL-potential will be greater (or should be, can't see why not), so the only questions that remain are:
1) Does it sound more life-like: better or worse (or just different) than the n803?
2) Will it really be as transparent? or...
a) Will it be 'boxy' or 'horn' sounding?
b) Will it be bright or dull or muddy sounding (especially between 100 to 1000hz)?
3) How deep can the Cel 15 really go in a large-ish box before loosing composure (and how does that compare to the 803)?
4) Directivity / off-axis response (horizontal/vertical), better or worse?
5) 2-ch music Soundstage, better or worse?
6) 7-ch movie Soundstage, better or worse?
I will be able to answer all of these (within the limits of what I know...)