or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Under the Dome' on CBS HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Under the Dome' on CBS HD - Page 42

post #1231 of 1342
Yes, curtains. Lacy, gently wafting curtains.
That's it for me.
post #1232 of 1342
There is no way the show can spin the egg as anything other than hilariously stupid even with fireworks. This week the Children of the Dome were given a school project to learn how to care for an egg. And then Julia decided to just drop it in the lake. That's a grade F for egg/baby caring Julia!

The butterfly in the dome was just nonsensical too. At least Barbie pointed out how ridiculous the Space Butterfly was.

In the event of a solar flare wiping out life on the planet the future of humanity are the sheep occupants of Chester's Mill and the space kids. It's as if the aliens have been watching Big Brother and mistakenly got the impression that those people represent the best humanity has to offer.
post #1233 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Based on what Nori's alien mom told her, I'm betting on some sort of apocalypse or nuclear war that will happen. For some reason this one town is chosen to be saved.

More reasonable is that some harm was going to come to the city, and the dome saved Chester's Mill. Perhaps an internal struggle, related to the drug ring. The dome is there to redeem them. Unless they stay bad then the dome will kill them all.
post #1234 of 1342
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Based on what Nori's alien mom told her, I'm betting on some sort of apocalypse or nuclear war that will happen. For some reason this one town is chosen to be saved.

They wanted to preserve Big Jim's DNA for future generations. eek.gifbiggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

I was surprised by the hangman's noose, but not by Julia. She has orange hair and the butterfly has orange wings. Who better to be the Monarch? Also, what was the deal with the wall clock? The hour hand was within a minute or two of 12, but the minute hand was exactly halfway between 4 and 5. Shouldn't it have been much closer to 5?

I was thinking 4 since didn't he give the one hour ultimatum at 3? But it definitely should be pointing to one or the other.
post #1235 of 1342
It's so ridiculous, it's funny.

In case anybody is wondering, the flash is electromagnetic, and now everybody will be transported though time and space, because Chester's Mill is the Island of Lost!
biggrin.gif
Edited by 33idolfinder - 9/17/13 at 8:30am
post #1236 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder View Post

In case anybody is wondering, the flash is electromagnetic, and now everybody will be transported though time and space, because Chester's Mill is the Island of Lost!
biggrin.gif

The archetypes here are so strong you could almost recast Lost with the actors from Dome. Big Jim is Locke/Flocke, Barbie is Sawyer, Julia is Kate, Linda is Claire (or worse, Shannon, since Linda is soooo dumb). This show fails because there's no Jack character to be the real leader.
post #1237 of 1342
My review: Wow, that really stunk.

(I thought perhaps they were setting up Barbie to be the Messiah, i.e., the monarch, the King of Kings. He would contend with Big Jim, clearly Satan, for the souls of the people. That may have been hackneyed, but it was something. They basically ended the season with a big mess of nothing.)
post #1238 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Aster View Post

My review: Wow, that really stunk.

(I thought perhaps they were setting up Barbie to be the Messiah, i.e., the monarch, the King of Kings. He would contend with Big Jim, clearly Satan, for the souls of the people. That may have been hackneyed, but it was something. They basically ended the season with a big mess of nothing.)

That sums up my thoughts too. Extremely anti-climatic.
post #1239 of 1342
maybe by the time next summer rolls around everyone will have forgotten about this sad excuse for a show.
post #1240 of 1342
I gave up on this show weeks ago, but just couldn't resist watching the finale to see if had improved. It didn't. At all.

My god this has to be the worst network primetime show I've ever seen. Acting, writing, everything is just awful. eek.gif
post #1241 of 1342
I gave up on it weeks ago too, however, I have some family members still watching and apparently, enjoying it. My retired Dad for example, who cited all the "twists 'n turns" or words to that effect. He also watches Breaking Bad, which is getting universal high praise for the way it is going out with a bang (never seen an episode myself). He really enjoys that show too, saying the last episode or last week was, "unbelievable". So I guess some people are less troubled or noticing of flaws of Under the Dome and are just able to roll with it. Even when having the basis of comparison to a much more heralded show like Breaking Bad.
post #1242 of 1342
The melodramatic butterfly scenes were hilarious. It felt like watching a children's movie where the lead dog/cat/horse character appears to sustain a fatal wound and then miraculously returns to life, because having an animal die would be too sad for a children's movie. Those kids got really worked up over a butterfly, and they have an impressively high tolerance for asinine riddles. Every time the dome "speaks" to someone, I replace whatever it says with, "If you immediately see the candlelight as fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago," and it works just as well.

On a more serious note (despite how difficult it is to remain serious when considering this show), I don't know why the kids got so worried about hiding the minidome from Big Jim. We already know that it electrocutes any "heathen" who touches it, so all they needed to do was let him try to move it, just like they did with Linda, and the minidome would have taken care of the rest.
post #1243 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by rviele View Post

maybe by the time next summer rolls around everyone will have forgotten about this sad excuse for a show.

And THAT is the problem right there. By next year, everyone will have forgotten just how awful the show was, so they'll be back watching it. More good ratings for lousy entertainment. I'll remember though, and I'll also remember that this thread was infinitely more enjoyable to read than the show was to watch. rolleyes.gif
post #1244 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I don't know why the kids got so worried about hiding the minidome from Big Jim. We already know that it electrocutes any "heathen" who touches it, so all they needed to do was let him try to move it, just like they did with Linda, and the minidome would have taken care of the rest.

That's a fantastic point, and I didn't even realize that at the time. They should have PLANNED to have Big Jim touch it. But then again, when it knocked out Dodee she had classic tv-show amnesia about the incident, and it took her a while to wake up. Linda pretty much popped right up afterward.
post #1245 of 1342
Really a Public Hanging... ?

No dome = No show

It's nice to see Julia's hair back to form so fast... (no pun intended)
post #1246 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

Every time the dome "speaks" to someone, I replace whatever it says with, "If you immediately see the candlelight as fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago," and it works just as well.

Well that would explain who made the dome. Maybe there's a tiny ZPM inside the egg.

Of course now it's been dropped into a lake the residents will have to wait for it to be depleted. They could be in there a while.
post #1247 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Maybe there's a tiny ZPM inside the egg.

#facepalm NO... Gawd no...
post #1248 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

The melodramatic butterfly scenes were hilarious. It felt like watching a children's movie where the lead dog/cat/horse character appears to sustain a fatal wound and then miraculously returns to life, because having an animal die would be too sad for a children's movie. Those kids got really worked up over a butterfly, and they have an impressively high tolerance for asinine riddles. Every time the dome "speaks" to someone, I replace whatever it says with, "If you immediately see the candlelight as fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago," and it works just as well.

On a more serious note (despite how difficult it is to remain serious when considering this show), I don't know why the kids got so worried about hiding the minidome from Big Jim. We already know that it electrocutes any "heathen" who touches it, so all they needed to do was let him try to move it, just like they did with Linda, and the minidome would have taken care of the rest.

Because they would loose the ability to use it/communicate with it. They only know what happens when someone else touches it, they don't know what would happen if someone started experimenting with it, etc. They wanted it for themselves.
post #1249 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Wow, no comments about the season ending cliffhanger episode.

I wasn't expecting Julia to be the monarch. The hangman's noose? I guess it kinda has turned into the wild-wild-west.

The special effects people were not paying attention. All along it has been "the pink stars are falling." Yet, the pink stars were defying gravity and going up, not down.

The dome has now been configured to let light though, but it is opaque, so you can't really see in or out. At least that is how the dome looked to me at the end.

I wonder how many viewers are going to return next summer. While I liked watching the show, I do not expect it to go past the 2nd season.

What pink stars went up? Those were beams of pink light, no indication this was THE event referenced about pink stars falling, could be coming at a later date.
post #1250 of 1342
We thought it was a good ending, little anti-climatic at the end though.

Really glad they proved us right when others complained why the dome would protect them instead of just letting them all go.

I was wondering if it is going to be aliens or perhaps someone from the future trying to reach back to help advert a disaster or preserve something/someone, etc. Interested to see where they go with this and what the "divide" referenced is.
post #1251 of 1342
Unless the beings are from so far in the future that all traces of the English language have been erased from existence, it's aliens of one kind or another.
post #1252 of 1342
Glad they seem to still have a role for Samantha Mathis, although devoid from any emotion. She won't need to act too much. The Lost type soundtrack really makes me chuckle. Seems so out of place, yet viewers and writers sure seem Lost.
post #1253 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

Glad they seem to still have a role for Samantha Mathis, although devoid from any emotion. She won't need to act too much. The Lost type soundtrack really makes me chuckle. Seems so out of place, yet viewers and writers sure seem Lost.
I've always liked Samantha Mathis. One of my favorite movies was "A Thing Called Love" where she was an aspiring country singer in Nashville. She and River Phoenix were the stars and Sandra Bullock was "merely" a co-star. My, how times have changed.
post #1254 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder View Post

It's so ridiculous, it's funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Aster View Post

My review: Wow, that really stunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

My god this has to be the worst network primetime show I've ever seen. Acting, writing, everything is just awful. eek.gif

Pretty much agree with all the above comments.

After a completely disappointing/underwhelming season finale' I can't see any reason (other than comedy relief) to watch when the show returns next summer.

Under The Dome is making Terra Nova look like quality programming at this point. UTD seems to make no sense at any level any longer. The actions and deductions made by the residents of the town are completely arbitrary and 100% counter to common sense.
Linda (the cop) makes Barney Fife look like a genius! She is a complete moron- she seems to be operating at about a 2nd grade IQ level.

I wonder if Steven King has watched this disaster? Either he just sits back and cries... or he laughs all the way to the bank!
post #1255 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post



Pretty much agree with all the above comments.

After a completely disappointing/underwhelming season finale' I can't see any reason (other than comedy relief) to watch when the show returns next summer.

Under The Dome is making Terra Nova look like quality programming at this point. UTD seems to make no sense at any level any longer. The actions and deductions made by the residents of the town are completely arbitrary and 100% counter to common sense.

Yep, bring back Terra Nova and V ..
post #1256 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

It's nice to see Julia's hair back to form so fast... (no pun intended)
She's the only reason I watch...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

No dome = No show
I guess when ratings get bad enough... they'll save that for the last 15 seconds of the final episode rolleyes.gif
post #1257 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Yep, bring back Terra Nova and V ..
I'd rather have Life On Mars over both of those...
post #1258 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

I'd rather have Life On Mars over both of those...

yeah, but I'll still take 'em over Dome .. tongue.gif
post #1259 of 1342
The stunning revelation was that in the dome, White is the new Black. Other than that, what a waste.

If only Irwin Allen was alive and still directing, then we'd be able to call it a disaster show for reals.
post #1260 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

She's the only reason I watch...

Getting to be that way... Initially it was for Natalie Martinez, but her character is fast becoming worthless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

I'd rather have Life On Mars over both of those...

I'd rather my tv taken away if it's going to be any of the 3.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Under the Dome' on CBS HD