or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Under the Dome' on CBS HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Under the Dome' on CBS HD - Page 45

post #1321 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

WRONG! eek.gif You haven't created anything, you've merely given it a name. Good for you! tongue.gif

Have a wee bit to much expresso this morning? smile.gif

I was referring to the follow up puns ... not the dome ... so thanks for ruining the fun. wink.giftongue.gif
post #1322 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

There is no way the show can spin the egg as anything other than hilariously stupid even with fireworks. It's as if the aliens have been watching Big Brother and mistakenly got the impression that those people represent the best humanity has to offer.


Um, I hate to break it to you...tongue.gif

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
post #1323 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post

I know I'm in the minority that think it's not half bad.


Which half?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
post #1324 of 1342
An egg-cellent, egg-citing, egg-cistential egg-stravaganza of grEGG-arious proportions.

We egg-zist only to egg-zamine egg-zactly what comes nEGGst!

smile.gif
post #1325 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

There is no way the show can spin the egg as anything other than hilariously stupid even with fireworks. This week the Children of the Dome were given a school project to learn how to care for an egg. And then Julia decided to just drop it in the lake. That's a grade F for egg/baby caring Julia!

The butterfly in the dome was just nonsensical too. At least Barbie pointed out how ridiculous the Space Butterfly was.

In the event of a solar flare wiping out life on the planet the future of humanity are the sheep occupants of Chester's Mill and the space kids. It's as if the aliens have been watching Big Brother and mistakenly got the impression that those people represent the best humanity has to offer.

For some reason, I'm conjuring up a vision of the dome breaking away from Earth as a big bubble .. Earth turns into this stuff called Kryptonite which is later revealed to be deadly to those still within the Dome .. oh, sorry, wrong show ..

Back to your regularly scheduled program .. as the now free Dome spins thru space, a voice drones on in the background, "Space, the Final Frontier .." .. oh, sorry again

Third try .. as the now free Dome spins thru space, life for the residents of Chesters Mill goes on .. the ladies are coifed, the men are clean shaven, the cars are being driven, clothes are clean and no one goes hungry .. Barbie meets Ken ..
post #1326 of 1342
You forgot Bruce Dern and a couple of boxy robots in your third scenario wink.gif
post #1327 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadziedzic View Post

You forgot Bruce Dern and a couple of boxy robots in your third scenario wink.gif

Silent Running .. !! Man oh man I had not thought of that film in at least 30 years .. cool.gif
post #1328 of 1342
Now I am reminded of Dark City by Alex Proyas. To say more would ruin the film for those who haven't seen it. Even though it's an old movie now it's still worth watching.
post #1329 of 1342
post #1330 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Now I am reminded of Dark City by Alex Proyas. To say more would ruin the film for those who haven't seen it. Even though it's an old movie now it's still worth watching.

The BD Directors Cut dropped down one day on Amazon to around $6 bucks ( biggrin.gif ) so even though I had it on DVD, I bought it .. just an excellent transfer on a film that is, to me anyway, one of the best sci-fi ..

It's not THAT old .. tongue.gif
post #1331 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post


Thanks for that .. Multi Domes .. I'm tempted to break out the VHS tonight now ..
post #1332 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

It's not THAT old .. tongue.gif

In real years maybe, but in terms of spoilers every year a movie is out is like a decade on the internet. biggrin.gif
post #1333 of 1342
I have just sat through all 13 episodes. It started out interestingly enough but somewhere around #7 it lost all credibility with the sheriff (Linda) being so incredibly stupid. Initially I thought she'd turn out to be someone who'd stay on top of things but then she ends up becoming Rennie's side kick.
post #1334 of 1342
I bought into this show and looked past all the silliness of the individual character stories because I was promised a beginning, middle and end. At least that's how I recall it was billed. And you know, I even liked a few of the characters' stories; I did. I like Barbie, Julia, and Joe. Not so much Jim and Junior. I liked seeing how different people reacted in different ways. But much to my extreme disappointment, the last episode tied up NOTHING. They didn't even give us a bite. I knew it was bad news when I saw there'd be a season 2. It's like Prison Break...it was supposed to be a one shot; but they came back and it just got downright ridiculous. I was hooked to it then and couldn't stop watching despite how bad and implausible it got. Won't make the mistake again. Probably won't tune in for season 2. It's aliens protecting them from something? Fine...good enough for me. The rest is not worth sitting through them stringing us along.
post #1335 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

I bought into this show and looked past all the silliness of the individual character stories because I was promised a beginning, middle and end. At least that's how I recall it was billed. And you know, I even liked a few of the characters' stories; I did. I like Barbie, Julia, and Joe. Not so much Jim and Junior. I liked seeing how different people reacted in different ways. But much to my extreme disappointment, the last episode tied up NOTHING. They didn't even give us a bite. I knew it was bad news when I saw there'd be a season 2. It's like Prison Break...it was supposed to be a one shot; but they came back and it just got downright ridiculous. I was hooked to it then and couldn't stop watching despite how bad and implausible it got. Won't make the mistake again. Probably won't tune in for season 2. It's aliens protecting them from something? Fine...good enough for me. The rest is not worth sitting through them stringing us along.

I SO TOTALLY AGREE!
post #1336 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

I knew it was bad news when I saw there'd be a season 2. It's like Prison Break...it was supposed to be a one shot; but they came back and it just got downright ridiculous.
Well, the whole premise of a "one and done" series is out the window as soon as good ratings come into play.
UTD was summer fare- and as such, in the vacuum of competition- pulled decent ratings. So I ask- which TV exec in his right mind wouldn't renew a show that pulls good ratings? The answer is no TV exec would can a winning a show, so the rewrites begin.... frown.gif
post #1337 of 1342
Cue the Pink Floyd music ... wink.gif
post #1338 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

Cue the Pink Floyd music ... wink.gif

Sure .. two lost souls living in a fishbowl .. Wish You Were Here
post #1339 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

It's like Prison Break...it was supposed to be a one shot; but they came back and it just got downright ridiculous.

I don't recall that ever being the case with Prison Break. Scheuring knew there would be a season two when he started and already had the story in place, it was Fox would wanted it to be a mini-series because they didn't think the idea had anywhere to go.

That would be like Stephen King wanting Dome to be a two season show and CBS thinking it should be a mini-series. Which as we know was not the case.
post #1340 of 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Sure .. two lost souls living in a fishbowl .. Wish You Were Here

Humm ... not the one I was thinking of, but I see where you're going ... smile.gif
post #1341 of 1342
Dome Arrigato, Mr Roboto?

wink.gif
post #1342 of 1342
Domo, Domo.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Under the Dome' on CBS HD