If you own a sub-$3000 video projector, here's your chance to tell the world how much you enjoy it—or not—and possibly win one of three Amazon gift cards.
First Prize: $300
Second and Third Prize: $100 each
To enter, all you have to do is post a review of your projector, which must carry a list price of less than $3000, and post a link to your review in this thread. Three of the reviews will be selected at random as the winners after verifying their eligibility.
What makes a review eligible?
1) The review must be submitted between May 9 and May 23, 2013, on a product within the AVS projector category that carries a list price of less than $3000;
2) The review must contain a title, rating stars, pros, cons, and a minimum 100-word body;
3) The review must be new, original work and not republished, in whole or in part, from another location on AVS Forum or elsewhere on the Internet;
4) AVS Forum reserves the right to disqualify reviews of very low quality at our discretion. Be thorough and helpful to your readers, and use good punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
Never written a review on AVS Forum before? It's easy! Click here for a tutorial. First go to the product finder page and enter the make and model number of your projector into the search box, then click on the appropriate product in the resulting list. If your projector is not in the list, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "add it manually" to add your projector. Next, click on "Write a Review" in the upper right of that product's page, and input your review. It doesn't matter if someone else has already reviewed the same projector; we love multiple perspectives!
The most important things to cover in the main body are:
1) Features—Which are useful and which are not?
2) Setup—Was placement easy or difficult? Did you adjust the basic picture controls or do a full calibration? What screen size and material did you use with the projector?
3) User Interface—Are the remote and menu system well designed? Are they easy or difficult to use?
4) Performance—Brightness, color, black level, shadow detail, motion detail, overall detail, visible artifacts such as banding; cite examples from content you've watched.
So fire up your projector and take a critical look, then submit your review and post a link to it in this thread for a chance to win a shopping spree on Amazon!