or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › Low profile power outlet behind TV?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Low profile power outlet behind TV?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I am looking to mount my TV in my condo on an inner wall, which means there isn't much depth to work with.

The best thing I found was this:
http://www.aifittings.com/catalog/communications/low-profile-tv-box-and-kits/TVL508

But it's rather large with the way they included the cable bit as well. Is anyone aware of any other power outlets that work well in a minimal depth space? I believe it's about 2" deep
post #2 of 7
Here's some more "normal" sized options.
http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/SectionDisplay.jsp?section=39935
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post

Here's some more "normal" sized options.
http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/SectionDisplay.jsp?section=39935

I think the problem with those is that they require too much depth in the wall, which I don't have...
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitlyn2004 View Post

I am looking to mount my TV in my condo on an inner wall, which means there isn't much depth to work with.

The best thing I found was this:
http://www.aifittings.com/catalog/communications/low-profile-tv-box-and-kits/TVL508

But it's rather large with the way they included the cable bit as well. Is anyone aware of any other power outlets that work well in a minimal depth space? I believe it's about 2" deep

It's only 5x8" - you want that recessed space for the excess cable(s) and the turns needed. It will all be hidden behind even a small TV (meaning <32").
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post

It's only 5x8" - you want that recessed space for the excess cable(s) and the turns needed. It will all be hidden behind even a small TV (meaning <32").

Any way to verify that? When I look at a mount like this:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cs_id=1082807&p_id=5918&seq=1&format=2

It certainly won't fit "in the middle" of the wall plate - and I'm not sure exactly how the TV sits (is the wall plate always centered vertically on mounted TVs? Up, down?)

Any way I can sort of measure/ensure that there is space for it to fit and stay BEHIND the tV? It's a Samsung 60" F8000....

Edit: Also, I measured the one I have and with the plate, the actual dimensions are about 7.5"x10.1"
Edited by kaitlyn2004 - 5/10/13 at 6:12pm
post #6 of 7
In those cases, you put the box centered and below the mount. The mounts have some vertical flexibility (usually) when attaching to the TV itself, so it's just a matter of measuring to ensure the TV covers everything once hung. But with a 60" set, you really won't have any trouble fitting it behind without anything showing.

Jeff
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitlyn2004 View Post

I think the problem with those is that they require too much depth in the wall, which I don't have...
>>Fits most common electrical boxes<<
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › Low profile power outlet behind TV?