or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › My BEAST (SVS B4-PLUS) is no more. I need replacement suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My BEAST (SVS B4-PLUS) is no more. I need replacement suggestions

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
My B4 Plus has shaken it's last room.

B4 Plus maximum output levels:
15 Hz........116
20 Hz........126
25 Hz........131
31.5 Hz.....137
40 Hz........138

Room dimensions 28 x 16 x 10

Budget $4k
My list (so far):
SVS PB13-Ultra
Seaton SubMersive HP
Rhythmic FV15HP


Any other suggestions?
post #2 of 14
At $4K, I wouldn't consider any of those except in duals. At $4k you can get an Orbit Shifter or a Funk 18.3. You might also give Danley Sound Labs a call to see what they can do for you.
post #3 of 14
A JTR Captivator (or two) should be on your list. Ditto the PSA XV30.
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKR View Post

My B4 Plus has shaken it's last room.

B4 Plus maximum output levels:
15 Hz........116
20 Hz........126
25 Hz........131
31.5 Hz.....137
40 Hz........138

Room dimensions 28 x 16 x 10

Budget $4k
My list (so far):
SVS PB13-Ultra
Seaton SubMersive HP
Rhythmic FV15HP


Any other suggestions?


If you don't mind me asking----what happened to the B4?

Tom V.
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post

If you don't mind me asking----what happened to the B4?

Tom V.
.

1 of the drivers (2nd 1 in facing the ports) is rattling when pushed to moderate levels.

Sent you a PM
Edited by BrianKR - 5/13/13 at 8:44am
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKR View Post

.

1 of the drivers (2nd 1 in facing the ports) is rattling when pushed to moderate levels.

Sent you a PM


I have a few B4s stacked around the house, haven't used them much for a few years but I'm sure I could dismantle one for a driver if you need me too.

Just send me your address support@powersoundaudio.com and I'll have one of the woofs off in the next couple days.

Jim assembled every B4 we sold so he can help with a few tips to make the replacement easier if you decide to just keep the B4.

Tom V.
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
I'd much rather keep the B4 than start all over again.
So I will see what you can come up with.
post #8 of 14
Quote:
I have a few B4s stacked around the house ... I'm sure I could dismantle one for a driver if you need me too.

Just send me your address support@powersoundaudio.com and I'll have one of the woofs off in the next couple days.

Jim assembled every B4 we sold so he can help with a few tips to make the replacement easier if you decide to just keep the B4.
A top-notch, class-act move! Nicely done, Mr. V.! cool.gif
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

A top-notch, class-act move! Nicely done, Mr. V.! cool.gif

Doesn't surprise me in the least.
SVS hands down is the best company I have dealt for CS and tech support.
I just didn't think (obviously) that SVS would be able to help me since the sub is 10 years old.
I should've known better.
post #10 of 14
Just to clarify: Mr. V. was with SVS, but is currently with PowerSoundAudio. But as PSA sub owners will tell you, he still delivers on customer service. smile.gif
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

Just to clarify: Mr. V. was with SVS, but is currently with PowerSoundAudio. But as PSA sub owners will tell you, he still delivers on customer service. smile.gif

I've been out of the loop the past 5 years.
I haven't post in that long. Learn something new every day.
Guess I will have to take at look at what he is working on now with PSA.
post #12 of 14
Quote:
I have a few B4s stacked around the house, haven't used them much for a few years but I'm sure I could dismantle one for a driver if you need me too.
Wow.. nice job Tom. Send me whats left. cool.gifsmile.gif
post #13 of 14
I'd also have to agree that SVS, AKA Ron and Todd, have some of the best CS I have seen in the business. I've even had the pleasure of conversing with them about hot rods on a few different occasions. smile.gif
post #14 of 14
What a great gesture smile.gif

Although how many of us are now preparing PMs to Mr V to enquire about purchasing the B4s he has... wink.gifbiggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › My BEAST (SVS B4-PLUS) is no more. I need replacement suggestions