or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 17

post #481 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Half way into tonite's episode the wife let out a big sigh and said "I'm tired of this sh!t....delete it from the Program Manager."
I found I couldn't think of a good reason NOT to....

I'm done, boys....good luck with this.

Happy wife, happy life!
post #482 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Half way into tonite's episode the wife let out a big sigh and said "I'm tired of this sh!t....delete it from the Program Manager."
I found I couldn't think of a good reason NOT to....

I'm done, boys....good luck with this.
Too much Shark Boy & Lava girl .. ? smile.gif
post #483 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

Happy wife, happy life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

Too much Shark Boy & Lava girl .. ? smile.gif
Truths.biggrin.gif
post #484 of 954
The interaction between the super agent and the geek boy was rather excellent. I would rather see them and them alone going on missions then everyone else. The geek kid, while not my favorite when doing his part, was excellent in the field. Loved the fixing the fuses and bonding with them, then realizing he caused it. Plus other things, it was really enjoyable and I found it more enjoyable then any of the interactions between team members when it was the whole team.
post #485 of 954
I loved this week's show. Little Jemma has always appealed to me but thought she was even more charming than usual in this week's episode.

Am beginning to wonder if Skye isn't Coulson and the pilot Melinda's biological daughter. The young actress who plays Skye, Chloe Bennett is half Chinese. Her real name is Chloe Chang. When Coulson and Melinda were talking about Skye they seemed to exchange some looks indicating that they had a past history. I saw some of that in an earlier show. Come to think of it this may explain why a very young and only semi talented actress got the Skye gig. After all, how many young Eurasian beauties could there have been to pick from?

Somewhat on the downside, I find wimpy little Leo unconvincing as a leader of men and action hero but the writers tried to sell just that to us last night. Also, I thought Saffron Burroughs was virtually unrecognizable. She looks decidedly matronly these days, a far cry from her scrumptiousness when she was in Boston Legal. Just goes to show that some women handle turning 40 better than others.

Anyway, I continue to really enjoy Agents of SHIELD and will stick with it throughout the rest of the season.
post #486 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Come to think of it this may explain why a very young and only semi talented actress got the Skye gig. After all, how many young Eurasian beauties could there have been to pick from?
Quote:

Now you've laid down the gauntlet, we'll soon see listings . . . wink.gif
Quote:
Also, I thought Saffron Burroughs was virtually unrecognizable. She looks decidedly matronly these days, a far cry from her scrumptiousness when she was in Boston Legal. Just goes to show that some women handle turning 40 better than others.

She looked better before she pumped up her lips.
post #487 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

So what's next? Skye is either the daughter of an Agent or even a Superhero? mmm

I liked this 2 man team a lot, the 2 women team not so much
Or just maybe her parents were killed by SHEILD for some reason
post #488 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post


I also liked the call out to Black Widow and Hawkeye. smile.gif

I musta' missed it. When/where was that? confused.gif
post #489 of 954
The "wonder twins"; what are they, Brit, Aussie? What strange accents they have..
post #490 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

Or just maybe her parents were killed by SHEILD for some reason

That's how I interpreted the photograph at the end. My guess is that her mother was an agent and got dispatched by SHIELD after delivering her daughter.

As for why Chloe Bennett got the role, I assumed it was at least in part due to her recurring role in season 1 of Nashville, as it was probably contractually easy to transplant her from one ABC show to another.
post #491 of 954
I still can't believe Ming Na is nearly 50, Wow.
post #492 of 954
Too many possibilities:
  • Parent was civilian killed by
    • Bad Guy
    • former Bad Guy
    • Good Guy not used to his/her powers
    • SHIELD fighting Bad Guy (collateral damage)
    • SHIELD preventing world ending events (greater good)
    • etc.
  • Parent was SHIELD Agent killed in line of duty (bad guy, former bad guy, good guy not used to their powers, fratricide, sacrifice, etc.).
  • Parent was Bad Guy
  • Parent was Good Guy who never learned to control his/her powers
  • etc.

v/r,
C-F
post #493 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I musta' missed it. When/where was that? confused.gif

When they were talking about having no extraction and if everyone should have an extraction option, they said that Romanoff and Barton never have an extraction plan. They always go in knowing there is no extraction.
post #494 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

When they were talking about having no extraction and if everyone should have an extraction option, they said that Romanoff and Barton never have an extraction plan. They always go in knowing there is no extraction.

Ah, so Romanoff & Barton are Black Widow & Hawkeye. Who knew? (You and not me, obviously. I'll be turning in my geek card at the front desk. tongue.gif )
post #495 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Ah, so Romanoff & Barton are Black Widow & Hawkeye. Who knew? (You and not me, obviously. I'll be turning in my geek card at the front desk. tongue.gif )

You only get put on probation for that.
post #496 of 954
Shouldn't there be separate DC and Marvel geek cards? Maybe you only have to turn in the latter, archiguy. wink.gif
post #497 of 954
" He's acting like a robot version of himself." Very telling.
post #498 of 954
This show sucks... Still.
post #499 of 954
Sooo...did I miss any discussion about the Thor tie in? I haven't seen the new Thor yet but there was supposed to be this big tie in (on Shield) to the movie. Was it there? Was it a non event? Seems so because I have read anything about it. Unless I am wrong about the episode and it will be tied in to next weeks episode. If there are any replies I guess I'll put out a reminder about using spoilers if necessary for those who haven't seen Thor yet.
post #500 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

Sooo...did I miss any discussion about the Thor tie in? I haven't seen the new Thor yet but there was supposed to be this big tie in (on Shield) to the movie. Was it there? Was it a non event? Seems so because I have read anything about it. Unless I am wrong about the episode and it will be tied in to next weeks episode. If there are any replies I guess I'll put out a reminder about using spoilers if necessary for those who haven't seen Thor yet.

The Thor tie-in is scheduled for next Tuesday, November 19th.
post #501 of 954
By appearances from the preview, it doesn't look like it will be a major tie in. Just some artifact left over from the events of Thor 2. I'll reserve judgment until we see it, but I was hoping for something more than that. Again, logistically not sure it would have been possible, but would have been cool if they showed up and utilized the Thor sets to shoot an episode. Sweep in to clean up at the location of the final battle in the movie or something.
post #502 of 954
Ok, I was under the impression that it was this Tuesday's episode. Next week actually makes more sense so that's good. I may still get to see Thor 2 this weekend. I'm not expecting much by way of the tie in but you never know.
post #503 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

After all, how many young Eurasian beauties could there have been to pick from?

Well, they shoot in Los Angeles, so...lots.

Or they could just look at the actresses that the CW network is bringing in for auditions. They seem to favor Eurasian or Eurasian-looking actresses.
post #504 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

Well, they shoot in Los Angeles, so...lots.

Or they could just look at the actresses that the CW network is bringing in for auditions. They seem to favor Eurasian or Eurasian-looking actresses.
I'd imagine there's hundreds if not thousands. I really don't find Bennet all that and a bag of chips myself. She looks to me as if she's still growing into her final "image", a bit like how children can look much different as adults, I bet 5 years from now she'll be considerably heavier(she has a very "baby fat" look right now) and no one will remember her. But that's just me, I know she's got the juices going for many a viewer here and all I can say is, to each his own. smile.gif
post #505 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I'd imagine there's hundreds if not thousands. I really don't find Bennet all that and a bag of chips myself. She looks to me as if she's still growing into her final "image", a bit like how children can look much different as adults, I bet 5 years from now she'll be considerably heavier(she has a very "baby fat" look right now) and no one will remember her. But that's just me, I know she's got the juices going for many a viewer here and all I can say is, to each his own. smile.gif


To quote a comedian whose name I can't remember once said. "You know damn well if she walked in the room and said hello to you, you would never have said that"! I bet 5 years from now she'll still look good. I would describe her as extremely cute. There is that youthful look about her that they possibly wanted? I have seen prettier women living here in So Cal they are around everywhere. You are fixated about woman's weight or size?. I don't care if she's "fat" (as you called her) or skinny. She is still a bad actress. I have had women in my life, one a size 14 and the other a size 5. Just not that important to me. Especially after seeing someone else's wife die from cancer. rolleyes.gif
post #506 of 954
So, when are the two geeks going to stop pussy-footing around and jump each other's bones? biggrin.gif
post #507 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

To quote a comedian whose name I can't remember once said. "You know damn well if she walked in the room and said hello to you, you would never have said that"! I bet 5 years from now she'll still look good. I would describe her as extremely cute. There is that youthful look about her that they possibly wanted? I have seen prettier women living here in So Cal they are around everywhere. You are fixated about woman's weight or size?. I don't care if she's "fat" (as you called her) or skinny. She is still a bad actress. I have had women in my life, one a size 14 and the other a size 5. Just not that important to me. Especially after seeing someone else's wife die from cancer. rolleyes.gif
Well of course, she is not unattractive at all, all I was saying is that there is really nothing standout about her in the looks department, at least not to me. And it has nothing to do with her weight, that comment was to convey that 5 years from now I'm guessing that a weight problem may very well keep her from finding work, as noted before, there's no shortage of very talented actresses out there.

Who knows, 5 years from now she may be strutting down the catwalk for Victoria's Secret. I agree 100% about the acting ability, she is not very good at all, and for me that is the main thing but is very likely also driving my feeling of unattractiveness even more.

Like I said earlier, to each his own. smile.gif
post #508 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

of course, she is not unattractive at all, all I was saying is that there is really nothing standout about her in the looks department

Yeah, but, you know ... boobs. wink.gif
post #509 of 954
I find her incredibly hot. I don't know what it is. Oh yeah, what he said. ^^^ tongue.gif

Seriously though, it's her face for me. I would never have guessed she had Chinese heritage, but the mix sure is attractive. And I think the criticism of her acting is a bit unfair. She's been fine.
post #510 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Yeah, but, you know ... boobs. wink.gif
Well, yeah, there is that, those, them! biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.