or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Madden 25 Anniversary Edition - Amazon Pre-Order Bonus - FREE SUDNAY TICKET FOR COMPUTER/LAPTOP!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Madden 25 Anniversary Edition - Amazon Pre-Order Bonus - FREE SUDNAY TICKET FOR COMPUTER/LAPTOP! - Page 2

post #31 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

Ya, i tried it on my laptop last year and also had bad results, but just on the computer. The quality was bad, and it was very laggy. The iPad, iPhone,a nd PS3 apps were awesome. Seems kinda backwards to me. Hopefully they can figure it out this year and make it work better on PC.

One can hope. That said, given that I'd only be accessing it from a PC, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay first and then find out.

Perhaps the NFL will add Redzone to their list of streaming content. It'd be a good enough alternative for me, at least until ST is renegotiated next year. There have been hints that they're going to add it, but nothing official. Frankly, I'm not sure why the league isn't doing it all in house, as they seem capable enough at providing live streaming (certainly better than dtv has done to this point).
post #32 of 67
I'm not too sure about the new title "Madden 25" - although I do understand that it is the 25th anniversary, I think many will think this is actually "Madden 2025". They should have sticked with "Madden 14" and then have a limited edition version for the 25th anniversary.

Either way, I am very excited for a new season of Madden. Also, does anyone know if 2KSports will be acquiring the NFL license anytime soon?
post #33 of 67
What no Madden 25 for PS4 or XBox One? No thanks, I'm a snob already, I'm too good for PS3, XB360
post #34 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by img eL View Post

What no Madden 25 for PS4 or XBox One? No thanks, I'm a snob already, I'm too good for PS3, XB360

It will definitely be available for the Xbox One. There is already a placeholder for it on Amazon.com

That said, so far you can only preorder it for PS3 or Xbox360. Which is what this deal requires (preorder)
post #35 of 67
There should def be a madden for both the xbox one and ps4, unfortunately, the only downside about new systems is that they have to start from scratch so the madden series (or any sports series) will not be good until a couple of years. thats my opinion!
post #36 of 67
Does anyone think they'll make NFL ST available for Xbox platforms this year, like the ps3 has had? Thinking they may since the offer is included in the Xbox version of Madden 25 as well.
post #37 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post

Does anyone think they'll make NFL ST available for Xbox platforms this year, like the ps3 has had? Thinking they may since the offer is included in the Xbox version of Madden 25 as well.


Absolutely. MS didn't just pay the NFL 400 million for nothing.
post #38 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Absolutely. MS didn't just pay the NFL 400 million for nothing.

Good point Ant
post #39 of 67
Honestly, I think $400 million is nothing compared to the kinds of money that it would take to get the rights to games, but I'd love to be wrong. I mean, as an example, it costs DirecTV a billion a year for the rights to Sunday Ticket.

Also, from the Amazon page for the PS3 version:
Quote:
Can I watch NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3 by purchasing the Anniversary Edition?
No, this only provides access to NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

If it doesn't carry over to the PS3 which we know has access usually, I doubt it'll mean anything for the 360.
post #40 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Honestly, I think $400 million is nothing compared to the kinds of money that it would take to get the rights to games, but I'd love to be wrong. I mean, as an example, it costs DirecTV a billion a year for the rights to Sunday Ticket.

Yeah, but I think Direct TV, when they are selling that to their customers, they get all that money, or a vast majority of it, and in the deal where Sony had access to Sunday Ticket last year, and it appears Microsoft has access this year, it's probably more of a split of the revenues as well. The NFL might even get the lions share. Microsoft is likely just happy to have the service available on their machines for multiple years.
post #41 of 67
Thread Starter 
Any update on this deal and what it entails. I would think MSFT would want to garner a lot of positive vibes, with this being one of them, whatever it is.
post #42 of 67
Has anybody opened up their Madden Anniversary version yet, to look at all the fine print on the offer ? I got mine today, but haven't opened it yet, just in case there is some crazy stipulation that nobody was considering, and I would rather return the unopened game back to Amazon.
post #43 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Has anybody opened up their Madden Anniversary version yet, to look at all the fine print on the offer ? I got mine today, but haven't opened it yet, just in case there is some crazy stipulation that nobody was considering, and I would rather return the unopened game back to Amazon.

Check out the other Madden 25 thread, lots of info there. Doesn't seem to be any weird stipulations though
post #44 of 67
I took pictures of the fine print. Posted it on the other thread
post #45 of 67
I got mine. Works fine logged in screen says "see you 9/8" Too bad the game is the worst Madden I have ever played. Guess that besides the point!
post #46 of 67
Wow I knew it would be too good to be true. Worked 20 min great. Then kicked out and the site is down... This can't happen every week!!! Wow how awful
post #47 of 67
Haven't been able to get in at all. No surprise there are problems week 1. Hopefully they get this straightened out quickly!
post #48 of 67
Works fine for me. No issues.

Airplay is audio only. No video. I'm jailbroken so I'm looking for a way around it. XCON jailbreak app isnt working frown.gif







post #49 of 67
Just tried it on my tablet and it's working fine. Still not working on my laptop.
post #50 of 67
Then again. SUCCESS!!!

Airplay MIRRORING does work!

post #51 of 67
Anyone having any luck with their laptop?
post #52 of 67
Not working on my Macbook either. frown.gif
post #53 of 67
What a bummer. Of course I don't have the cable to hook my tablet to my TV. I was all prepared with my laptop connected via HDMI. The AVS Forum looks great on the 65" screen. smile.gif
post #54 of 67
worked fine after I got kicked out for a few minutes (on laptop) Too bad there is only two games at 4 now. Really the ticket is only good for 1 oclock games. Maybe once or twice i'll use it at 4.. Kinda lame
post #55 of 67
My IPAD2 experience was AWESOME all day! My setup is IPAD2, Time Warner RoadRunner 13Mbps Download/!Mbps Upload via Wireless N.

Great ALL DAY on my IPAD2 App. From what I have read on the web, most people who had bad experiences had them with browsers on PC/Mac. It seems that CHROME worked better than IE, and especially FireFox for some reason.

And for anyone who wants too MIRROR from their IPAD(Gen 2 and up ONLY), and or IPOD/IPhone, here are the instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5209

On my IPAD2, my mirroring image was CROPPED, and I do no think that can be fixed from an IPAD.

I think if you have an Iphone/Ipod 5th generation or later, it will fill the whole screen. If not you may be stuck with a cropped picture. Definitely better than watching on an IPAD.

But my experience was with the IPAD APP was awesome. Also the IPOD TOUCH app was great too. Seamless switching between games, and RedZone channel.

I think Highlights/Condensed games will be available after MIDNIGHT EST. Not sure though.
post #56 of 67
Thread Starter 
I had an OK experience mirroring my macbook to my tv. It worked fine on my ipad and iphone.

Best new addition in my opinion is the shortcut/condensed version of games that are available after 9 PM PST for all the morning and afternoon games. I may just be active and go outside on sundays now.....

Look for the short version in the "Highlights" section of each game.
post #57 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

On my IPAD2, my mirroring image was CROPPED, and I do no think that can be fixed from an IPAD.

I think if you have an Iphone/Ipod 5th generation or later, it will fill the whole screen. If not you may be stuck with a cropped picture. Definitely better than watching on an IPAD.

Just verifying there's no work-around for the cropped image? I finally got mine from Amazon on Monday (they gave me a $5 credit on my next order..whoopee..) and logged in to the Sunday Ticket app on my Ipad2, no issues, connected it to my TV via the dongle, no issues, but cropped. I then tried a video from the Apple Store, and that did fill the whole screen.

Haven't tried it on my laptop yet, may look in to that today.

Thanks.
post #58 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 View Post

Just verifying there's no work-around for the cropped image? I finally got mine from Amazon on Monday (they gave me a $5 credit on my next order..whoopee..) and logged in to the Sunday Ticket app on my Ipad2, no issues, connected it to my TV via the dongle, no issues, but cropped. I then tried a video from the Apple Store, and that did fill the whole screen.

Haven't tried it on my laptop yet, may look in to that today.

Thanks.


Did you mirror the video or just airplay/dongle it? I never have a problem when I airplay a video but when I use the mirror option it crops the image. Using an iphone though eliminates the cropping.
post #59 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Did you mirror the video or just airplay/dongle it? I never have a problem when I airplay a video but when I use the mirror option it crops the image. Using an iphone though eliminates the cropping.

Just dongle/mirror. I don't have anything to do airplay with. I'll try my laptop.
post #60 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Did you mirror the video or just airplay/dongle it? I never have a problem when I airplay a video but when I use the mirror option it crops the image. Using an iphone though eliminates the cropping.

I "think" if you have an IPHONE 5th generation or later, and/or a IPOD 5th Generation then the picture will be 16:9 and fill the whole screen because those units have a 4" 16:9 screen, while all IPADS and IPOD'S 4th gen and earlier are actually 4:3 screens.

I am not 100% certain on that. All I know is that my IPAD2 will have a cropped MIRRORED IMAGE. I have yet to try my IPOD 5th Gen via Airplay, but I will let you know.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Madden 25 Anniversary Edition - Amazon Pre-Order Bonus - FREE SUDNAY TICKET FOR COMPUTER/LAPTOP!