or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic ZT60 Deals... - Page 44

post #1291 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by agr964 View Post

I did, and as I recall it was given almost exactly 35 days after. The 2% credit didn't actually seem to show up anywhere on the site, but was automatically applied to my new orders during check out.
Did you get an email letting you know that you had received it?
post #1292 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post

Yeah, I've resigned to just wait for the delivery. I didn't think it would be a big deal to change it to will call but apparently it is.

At this point getting the TV is more important to me than making some sort of point that probably isn't in my best interest anyway.

Back in October I bought mine from BB and had a two week wait for delivery. At the end of week one I was able to get a truck and went to the store. I told them I wanted the tv now. They went up front to the desk, not customer service, and I waited for about ten minutes. They told me they had to cancel my order and repurchase it or something like that. That went seamlessly and they rolled out my tv to the door. So it seems very possible to will call before the delivery date.
post #1293 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

Definitely not the typical scenario. Interesting though, I thought Pacific Sales just sold appliances within BB. I guess out west it's a free-standing retail store that sells electronics as well.
They were a free-standing retail store long before they started showing up in some Best Buy stores.
post #1294 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post

My BB purchasing experience was a little different. After I ordered my TV, it was listed as Processing for 3 days. Worried I wasn't going to get the TV, I called the warehouse on a Wednesday night and requested to pickup the TV and cancel the delivery. The person I spoke to said I could do that or they could move up the delivery date. I was surprised when told I could move up the delivery date since their system was showing the order as Processing and wasn't aware I had a delivery date. (The date was probably the estimated delivery date that is shown before you click add to cart.) I agreed to move up the delivery and had my TV by Friday morning. The delivery was sub-contracted out to a local delivery company. Two guys showed up, unboxed the TV, hooked up the stand, place the TV on the cabinet and then powered up the TV.

So, only real issue I had with BB is the order was listed as Processing for 3 days. I got burned by BB in the past when I ordered a V10 from them and which they never fulfilled. Based on my past experience and knowing these TV were in short supply, was determined not to let it happen again.
Huh... When I got my ST50 1 guy carried the damn thing dropped it in my entry way and left lol
post #1295 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post


Did you get an email letting you know that you had received it?

 

I did, yes. It said:

 

------------------

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.

Your recent order 102-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.

 

Your qualifying HDTV purchase has earned you 2% in rewards. Your rewards have been automatically converted into a promotional code and applied to your account.

-------------------

post #1296 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by agr964 View Post

I did, yes. It said:

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.
Your recent order 102-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.

Your qualifying HDTV purchase has earned you 2% in rewards. Your rewards have been automatically converted into a promotional code and applied to your account.

That's what I thought should happen. It's been 36 days since my purchase and I still have not received the credit. I'll give them a couple days more and then call if I get nothing by then. Thanks for the reply.
post #1297 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

Back in October I bought mine from BB and had a two week wait for delivery. At the end of week one I was able to get a truck and went to the store. I told them I wanted the tv now. They went up front to the desk, not customer service, and I waited for about ten minutes. They told me they had to cancel my order and repurchase it or something like that. That went seamlessly and they rolled out my tv to the door. So it seems very possible to will call before the delivery date.

Sounds like a different situation inasmuch as yours had already been delivered to the store. I was trying to pick mine up at the regional warehouse.

I have little doubt I could pick it up at the store once it arrives there.
post #1298 of 1929
Whipit,

Exactly. You didn't let yourself be pushed around by some people making minimum wage who's job would be at risk if you complained and took a $3-4k tv order somewhere. It's funny how some people are so damn helpless. Anyone complaining about BB delivery times could have had a tv in house right after I suggested they go get it at the depot.

I guess not everyone is gifted with social skills or a backbone. Good to see that you are.
post #1299 of 1929

Was built in May 2013 - A02346

post #1300 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp33dracer View Post
 

Knowing that it was on every day looping clips from different demos over 2500 hrs... is there anything particular to this set that i should look for specifically besides micro cracking?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks_23 View Post


Build date.

 

 

Was built in May 2013 - A02346

post #1301 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp33dracer View Post




Was built in May 2013 - A02346

Do we know what the highest build number is?? I have a 65ZT with a July build # A08576
post #1302 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by housequestion View Post

Whipit,

Exactly. You didn't let yourself be pushed around by some people making minimum wage who's job would be at risk if you complained and took a $3-4k tv order somewhere. It's funny how some people are so damn helpless. Anyone complaining about BB delivery times could have had a tv in house right after I suggested they go get it at the depot.

I guess not everyone is gifted with social skills or a backbone. Good to see that you are.

LOL...
Edited by whoaru99 - 1/27/14 at 8:32am
post #1303 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by housequestion View Post

Whipit,

Exactly. You didn't let yourself be pushed around by some people making minimum wage who's job would be at risk if you complained and took a $3-4k tv order somewhere. It's funny how some people are so damn helpless. Anyone complaining about BB delivery times could have had a tv in house right after I suggested they go get it at the depot.

I guess not everyone is gifted with social skills or a backbone. Good to see that you are.

With this attitude, it's no wonder you find yourself in situations where you have to be on the offensive to get things done. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder. Get rid of that and people may want help you without you "putting them in their place". rolleyes.gif
post #1304 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post

Do we know what the highest build number is?? I have a 65ZT with a July build # A08576

20,000 were made.
post #1305 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFatKidGT View Post

So I found a 60"VT display model for $1599 I asked them to check how many hours were on it but they would only tell me an estimated 1500

How do u check again? I googled and couldint find it, someone posted it on here a couple days ago somewhere...

The reason I wanted a 55" is I heard the smaller TV's were brighter, like the larger you got the less bright they were allowed to get is that true? And I have no idea If it will fit in my SUV.

Should I buy it and go get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

VT60 hours search on Google got me right to control cal with the hours. smile.gif

Menu, Help, Version, Status 4. Look at the numbers before the hyphen.There will be a letter then four digits of the hours.

I'm half tempted to get a smaller one, she's always hogging the 65", lol!
Well as i was afraid of it has 3000 hours on it not the 1500 he said but they knocked $100 off and they would ship it so I'm getting a 60VT with 3001 hours on it shipped to my local bestbuy for $1499 does that sound smart? Don't really have many other options. 3000 hours is probably how many are on my ST50 but the VT half life is like 100,000 hours right?
post #1306 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapper58 View Post

OK, so I have the record for cheapest actual selling price!

Your Amazon price would have been a higher cost option for me, because we pay sales tax on Amazon purchases here in Arizona.

Actually, I've got you beat for a 65" ZT. $2564.99 + tax from BB. But I was "upgraded" for free to a ZT from a VT due to a customer service issue. Of course, now I have a "micro-fracture" set and have been fighting for 2 months to get a repair/replacement. So even if they reimburse me for my set, I'll still probably only get the $2564.99 + tax back and the new set I ordered from BB is at $2799.99. So I'll probably get screwed by Panasonic and have to cough up the cost difference myself. So much for my incredible deal frown.gif
post #1307 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by colnago View Post

20,000 were made.

I believe 20,000 was the number for Europe. I don't believe a number ever surfaced for NA distribution.
post #1308 of 1929
I thought the insider claimed 20,000 for the NA, but perhaps it was worldwide.
post #1309 of 1929
For those who can no longer get the new ones from BestBuy/Magnolia, Amazon Warehouse has three 60ZT60s available for $2168.

Condition: Used - Very Good. Item is pristine and without scratches. All accessories are present and undamaged.

Get it while you can.
post #1310 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

I believe 20,000 was the number for Europe. I don't believe a number ever surfaced for NA distribution.

FWIW, my July build is #10,xxx, while my October build is #15,xxx, both bought in the DC area.
post #1311 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock1234 View Post

For those who can no longer get the new ones from BestBuy/Magnolia, Amazon Warehouse has three 60ZT60s available for $2168.

Condition: Used - Very Good. Item is pristine and without scratches. All accessories are present and undamaged.

Get it while you can.

Best price on Amazon for a new 60ZT is $ 3,000.00

Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ZT60 60-Inch 600 Hz 1080p 3D Smart Plasma TV
Price: $2,999.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
Only 3 left in stock.
Sold by Paul's TV and Fulfilled by Amazon.
post #1312 of 1929
post #1313 of 1929

Went through the entire process including delivery date of 2/1/14 - available in NYC area
post #1314 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

With this attitude, it's no wonder you find yourself in situations where you have to be on the offensive to get things done. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder. Get rid of that and people may want help you without you "putting them in their place". rolleyes.gif

Nice personal attack though we're talking about the actions of other people and thus me being 'on the offensive' really doesn't apply to their actions. I'm actually being helpful though some people are too timid to help themselves and to be clear I'm not looking for any help here. I got it already. ZT60 secured long ago.

Put away the emotion and feel free to attack any of the underlying points of what I've said. Otherwise, you should save the personal attacks for whatever people in your life actually care about your opinion since I clearly don't.
post #1315 of 1929
Calm down, kids.

We are talking about *televisions* for crying out loud.
post #1316 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

I don't really get the big deal over this then. It sounds like the incidents are pretty much isolated to sub-standard repair practices. It's pretty hard to verify that what that one person saw was the same type of damage. Not worth anyone freaking out, if you ask me. Not really even worth avoiding the fan fix. Just provide the tech with the service bulletin related to the re-assembly.

The service bulletin? Link please
post #1317 of 1929
I posted it in the ZT60 thread long ago...it was issued in the UK. There should be a similar one domestically.
post #1318 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

The service bulletin? Link please

From Vinnie's original post...

http://www.avsforum.com/attachments/74987
post #1319 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by housequestion View Post

Nice personal attack though we're talking about the actions of other people and thus me being 'on the offensive' really doesn't apply to their actions. I'm actually being helpful though some people are too timid to help themselves and to be clear I'm not looking for any help here. I got it already. ZT60 secured long ago.

Put away the emotion and feel free to attack any of the underlying points of what I've said. Otherwise, you should save the personal attacks for whatever people in your life actually care about your opinion since I clearly don't.

I was well aware of what you were talking about, which was a personal attack in and of itself. I was commenting on the fact that you likely use this strategy when you run into issues yourself. Anyone that needs to employ the tactics you laid out to get things done, probably causes as many problems as they solve.

Your post was laced with some much disrespect I just didn't know where to start. Seriously, was your mother just mean to you while you were growing up?
post #1320 of 1929
Actually, the strategy that I laid out was more or less suggested to someone here by BB and refusing delivery isn't an uncommon thing even IN THIS THREAD. You were commenting on the "fact that I likely" did something? If it's a fact, then there would be no likely involved now would there. The only fact there is that you assumed that I had done this. My grade school teacher once said you shoudln't assume, you make a first syllable out of the second. You might want to heed his advice.

Again, should you disagree with the actual content of my posts, then feel free to post something rational that doesn't assume things which you don't know.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home