or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic ZT60 Deals... - Page 54

post #1591 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

You initially made the argument that 10% is required, it is not. I was simply stating that it wasn't.

In a situation which 5% did truly stand in the way of a good customer experience I'm sure a manager would make the right decision. To go further though, crazy cheap prices aren't the only way to provide sterling customer service. Just because a store won't discount something further doesn't mean they aren't providing a great customer experience. It never hurts to ask, which I've said before, many times. What I have a problem with is when people post that deeper discounts are a foregone conclusion. You are just giving a false impression that anyone can talk down the price no matter what it is and that the store is providing poor service if they won't.

In the end, managers price things at a level they think makes sense. Quite a few factors go into that. Prior sales rate, current sales rate, condition, missing accessories, time of the year, overall store traffic. Having set percentages for OB discounts would fail to account for all of the variables. There are over 1000 stores though. You might come across some that aren't good at it. Sorry.

We will agree to disagree. Frankly you are lumping me in with people who have some really unrealistic expectations. And while I may have erred in the technical sense that there is no "requirement" for 10 percent off an open box item, I disagree with you that 10 percent off such an item *shouldn't* be a foregone conclusion. It's practically an industry standard, and as far as the service aspect, yes, I'd consider it pretty sh**** service for a manager to look me straight in the eye and expect me to pay full retail for an item they or someone else already opened. In fact, I'd feel pretty stupid. So obviously a zero percent open box doesn't exist, so if we then call the base 5 on an in demand item, you're right back to whether a manager will let a customer walk over a measly 5 percent. It's a service issue in those very minor percentages as far as I'm concerned. FWIW, I've never actually had a manager say no to 10 percent off anything, and wouldn't ever expect to.You should absolutely expect to receive this amount. After that your ability to negotiate, manager discretion and the store's need to fill sales quotas will dictate what happens.
Edited by Playdrv4me - 2/6/14 at 10:32pm
post #1592 of 1930
One brand new 60" at Amazon sold by Amazon
post #1593 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

One brand new 60" at Amazon sold by Amazon

Wow.. right when I wrote this.. gone
post #1594 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post


Wow.. right when I wrote this.. gone


curious, what did they have it priced at?

post #1595 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowball View Post


curious, what did they have it priced at?

$2999.99

Thats what I just paid for a 65"
post #1596 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

We will agree to disagree. Frankly you are lumping me in with people who have some really unrealistic expectations. And while I may have erred in the technical sense that there is no "requirement" for 10 percent off an open box item, I disagree with you that 10 percent off such an item *shouldn't* be a foregone conclusion. It's practically an industry standard, and as far as the service aspect, yes, I'd consider it pretty sh**** service for a manager to look me straight in the eye and expect me to pay full retail for an item they or someone else already opened. In fact, I'd feel pretty stupid. So obviously a zero percent open box doesn't exist, so if we then call the base 5 on an in demand item, you're right back to whether a manager will let a customer walk over a measly 5 percent. It's a service issue in those very minor percentages as far as I'm concerned. FWIW, I've never actually had a manager say no to 10 percent off anything, and wouldn't ever expect to.You should absolutely expect to receive this amount. After that your ability to negotiate, manager discretion and the store's need to fill sales quotas will dictate what happens.

Man, I never said that you should receive no discount. My only argument was that you were stating something as fact that wasn't. Stating that as fact leads people to believe that 10% is the minimum discount and that it is a jumping off point for negotiations. I was just people know that that isn't a minimum discount amount. Whether it is fair, morally correct, great customer service or not, wasn't the point of the discussion. I assume you don't disagree with my original argument. The rest of conversation was simply based on supply and demand. A 5% open box discount when the base current price is below what others are currently selling is reasonable, given a virtually unused condition with all accessories.
post #1597 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post


$2999.99

Thats what I just paid for a 65"

 

nice

post #1598 of 1930
ElectroGenie Online (via Amazon) has a BNIB ZT 60" for $2999. They seller is very friendly & accommodating.

Otherwise, they're available via Amazon (from Pauls TV) for $3299.
post #1599 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Man, I never said that you should receive no discount. My only argument was that you were stating something as fact that wasn't. Stating that as fact leads people to believe that 10% is the minimum discount and that it is a jumping off point for negotiations. I was just people know that that isn't a minimum discount amount. Whether it is fair, morally correct, great customer service or not, wasn't the point of the discussion. I assume you don't disagree with my original argument. The rest of conversation was simply based on supply and demand. A 5% open box discount when the base current price is below what others are currently selling is reasonable, given a virtually unused condition with all accessories.

I still re-iterate that you can get 10 percent if they are at 5. 5 is pointless.

The *only* reason you should be ok with paying MORE than BB's retail for one of these is if the ones in your area are plum out and there is no other alternative but buying online. *If* your local store has one and *if* it's an open box, they will do the 10 percent. I don't know of any BB that will play games and say something like "well you can either take it or you go buy it online for more". That's just not the way they operate, not for 5 percent.
post #1600 of 1930

My extensive experience with BB (and to be fair, others) over the last two months has been good, bad and terrible with regards to customer service involving these TVs. If there has been one thing I've learned, don't take anyone's word on condition to be fact without pursuing it further and if one guy says no on price, keep trying until you get the right guy or until the TV is gone, that's if the price is worth losing the TV over.

post #1601 of 1930
Our local Home Theater/Custom Installer in Westchester County/NY - inventory on 2/1/14

As of 2/1 here's our inventory 5 - TC-P65ZT60, 3 - TC-P60ZT60, 4 - TC-P65VT60

http://www.tc-p65zt60.com/

_______________________________________________________________________
Call Value Electronics to get one of last Panasonic VT/ZT60s

As of 2/7 here's our inventory 1 - TC-P65ZT60, 1 - TC-P60ZT60, 5 - TC-P65VT60

This is the end of an era of the very high-end plasma displays, own 1 while you can
post #1602 of 1930

Videoonly stores have some display models in stock of

65VT, 60ZT, 65ZT.  Burn in hours vary. I picked 65ZT one with 1236 hrs. All accessories included. They have stores in CA, Washington, Oregon.

post #1603 of 1930
$4699 at Walts TV and $5999 at Crawford Superstore on Amazon, the price gouging is really unethical imo
post #1604 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

My extensive experience with BB (and to be fair, others) over the last two months has been good, bad and terrible with regards to customer service involving these TVs. If there has been one thing I've learned, don't take anyone's word on condition to be fact without pursuing it further and if one guy says no on price, keep trying until you get the right guy or until the TV is gone, that's if the price is worth losing the TV over.

No doubt. I'd never buy an OB TV from BB without eyeing it myself first. Well, I take that back. I DID do that when I bought my Sharp Elite, but that's because it's an LCD. When I got there there was a sign in the "clearance room" (a horrible idea in my opinion, they get little traffic and are a huge waste of space. It looks like a 1990s bargain store in those rooms) that said "EXTRA 10 PERCENT OFF EVERYTHING IN THIS ROOM"... and they tried to con me out of that when I got to the register, but I went and grabbed the sign and showed them that the TV came from that room and that there were no cute little disclaimers stating TV's were exempted, and they relented. It was an extremely busy day before Christmas and the TV was brought up to the register by someone else, so I think that's where the confusion stemmed from.

But on plasmas I'd never take the Magnolia rep's word for condition. Most of them don't even know what to look for when it comes to the subtle IR issues that can be present on these plasmas, and will just want to make the sale.
post #1605 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

$4699 at Walts TV and $5999 at Crawford Superstore on Amazon, the price gouging is really unethical imo


Ahhh...well, it's still freedom of choice to buy or not buy.
post #1606 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post


No doubt. I'd never buy an OB TV from BB without eyeing it myself first. Well, I take that back. I DID do that when I bought my Sharp Elite, but that's because it's an LCD. When I got there there was a sign in the "clearance room" (a horrible idea in my opinion, they get little traffic and are a huge waste of space. It looks like a 1990s bargain store in those rooms) that said "EXTRA 10 PERCENT OFF EVERYTHING IN THIS ROOM"... and they tried to con me out of that when I got to the register, but I went and grabbed the sign and showed them that the TV came from that room and that there were no cute little disclaimers stating TV's were exempted, and they relented. It was an extremely busy day before Christmas and the TV was brought up to the register by someone else, so I think that's where the confusion stemmed from.

But on plasmas I'd never take the Magnolia rep's word for condition. Most of them don't even know what to look for when it comes to the subtle IR issues that can be present on these plasmas, and will just want to make the sale.

 

Man I could tell you guys some stories, one in particular, that would blow your mind but I'm STILL hoping Best Buy is going to do right by me in the end so I'm withholding further comment until the matter is resolved one way or the other. If my promised replacement 65VT60 gets to me in perfect shape I will be praising the H out of them, if it doesn't, well........Still, over two weeks later after taking the matter well up in to the corporate level it's more than a bit absurd I don't have any confirmation it has even shipped yet.


Edited by CatchersDad - 2/7/14 at 8:30pm
post #1607 of 1930

I found the 60" ZT60 for $2,150 (pretax) at Pacific Sales, which includes local delivery.  When I checked the San Diego location today they had 8 left in stock.  Not sure if their stock is just local or if that's for the whole company.  They are located in several states.

 

http://www.pacificsales.com/stores/

post #1608 of 1930

Found the 60" ZT60 for $2,150 at Pacific Sales.  The San Diego location noted there were 8 left in stock as of today (not sure if that's local stock or the company as a whole).  They have locations in several states.

post #1609 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

Man I could tell you guys some stories, one in particular, that would blow your mind but I'm STILL hoping Best Buy is going to do right by me in the end so I'm withholding further comment until the matter is resolved one way or the other. If my promised replacement 65VT60 gets to me in perfect shape I will be praising the H out of them, if it doesn't, well........Still, over two weeks later after taking the matter well up in to the corporate level it's more than a bit absurd I don't have any confirmation it has even shipped yet.

I don't doubt it. I've gone back and forth on them over the years but lately I've been fairly pro-BB. Hopefully they fix it for you.
post #1610 of 1930
Well I was right, my wife got mad after she found out I ordered the Zt60. If someone wants to come to Lansing, Mi to buy it brand new in box with extended warranty thru ABC ware house PM me. I also have a VT30 55" with extended warranty until 2016, and a 60" GT50
Thanks!
post #1611 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

Well I was right, my wife got mad after she found out I ordered the Zt60. If someone wants to come to Lansing, Mi to buy it brand new in box with extended warranty thru ABC ware house PM me. I also have a VT30 55" with extended warranty until 2016, and a 60" GT50
Thanks!


ive got no problem with you trying making a buck however this belongs in the 'classified section' not the deals page.

 

i did pm as im looking for a 65" though i just recently acquired the 60". asking price a too much for me to return my 60


Edited by slowball - 2/8/14 at 6:29am
post #1612 of 1930
3 used ones on Amazon.com now. Expensive..
post #1613 of 1930
post #1614 of 1930
they're selling fairly quick, last night Paul's TV via amazon had 16 at $3299, theyre down to 9 I bet they'll be gone by tonight
post #1615 of 1930
The "Paul's TV" Website shows a price of $2999.99. Includes free shipping and "White Glove" delivery. ???
post #1616 of 1930

I wouldn't put much reliance on Paul's TV "stock levels".  I noticed over the past month Amazon keeps showing only "x left", then the next day some more magically appear in stock there.  Not sure why or if it's intentional or not, but that's been the consistent pattern.

post #1617 of 1930

Ok so this morning I called a Magnolia Design Center in Houston area (Katy) checking their stock since it's different than BB. Salesman told me he had open box (displays) 60" & 65" VT and also a NIB 60" ZT that might be sold already since it was tagged for another store.

 

Got to store and 65" VT was sold and the 60" VT had really bad IR from ESPN ticker and next up menu on far left. They wanted 1650 and would not budge. I was NOT going to buy that set in that condition. I left my cell number in case they changed their mind on prices or the ZT became available.

 

Got a call back around two hours later and 60" ZT (2499) was back on the market and told him I will be there shortly and bought it with my wife's approval since I had already bought a 55" VT before Christmas. Really excited to have found a NIB ZT and sorry for such a long post.

 

Thanks again guys for the heads up and all your tips in finding this sought after TV.

post #1618 of 1930
Just a heads up, if anyone is in the atlanta area looking for a 60ZT, saw one brand new in the box in front the magnolia entrance at mall of georgia lastnight.
post #1619 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vybz67 View Post

Just a heads up, if anyone is in the atlanta area looking for a 60ZT, saw one brand new in the box in front the magnolia entrance at mall of georgia lastnight.

Front of the entrance like it was waiting to be loaded into someone's car? They typically don't keep their inventory on the floor unless it's sold.
post #1620 of 1930
It's for sale, was a customer's order who changed his mind. I did ask the manager.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home