or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic ZT60 Deals... - Page 24

post #691 of 1930
Seasonsgreetings11 I believe is the current Pauls coupon to get the 65 down to $2899.
post #692 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlwiz1 View Post

Seasonsgreetings11 I believe is the current Pauls coupon to get the 65 down to $2899.

That's the correct code and I just got Abt to match their price given I just placed an order from them on Friday night.
post #693 of 1930
Open item... 2000.00 best price at bb on 60zt60. They will not come down any further. 1098 hours on the panel and it was a customer return not a display. Full warranty of course. Should I jump on this?
post #694 of 1930
Id say no. That TV new has been as low as 2300.00 . You have no idea what this panel has been through. For $300.00 more, give yourself the peace of mind of starting fresh and new.
post #695 of 1930
Yeah but I don't want to order it online. I definitely want a local purchase if at all possible (and while still around).

I suppose one thing I could do is get the TV and add in the protection plan, which would give me better than new warranty against IR and such and put me probably around that same 2300.00 mark. The TV was running and the panel looks ALRIGHT. Couldn't detect any IR or anything. This coming from someone who typically refuses to buy open box plasmas.

Could probably wait around to see if another 2300.00 deal that BB can match will pop up. It's only 200.00 away right now, and that would be a new one.
Edited by Playdrv4me - 12/8/13 at 6:34pm
post #696 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrollens View Post

Id say no. That TV new has been as low as 2300.00 . You have no idea what this panel has been through. For $300.00 more, give yourself the peace of mind of starting fresh and new.

+1
post #697 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post

+1

Well. I still can't believe I did it but I took you guy's advice and passed on the open item ZT. I then had a nice long talk with a sales guy who sees me in my local BB all the time and explained that I was *this* close on a ZT after having read avjunkies very impassioned posts about his involvement with that TV over on another forum, but that there was a difference of 200 bucks between BB and the best Paul's deal (posted over in the VT thread) which is 2299 with a coupon. I also told him that I know BB doesn't have Paul's in their price match "golden list" so I really needed to think about my desire to buy local versus just ordering from Paul's. He gave me the MOD's name and told me basically "have a talk with him about the TV you want". A few minutes later I got the TV at the 2299 price from the manager.

TV should be here on Wednesday from the local warehouse. I still feel like ANYTHING over 1000.00 for a TV is about lunacy in a world where a 600.00 TV can be spectacular. But I always wanted a Kuro and have considered paying close to this for a like new set from a private owner with NO warranty of any kind in the past. So I know this one is the last of a very special breed of TVs and I will likely not be in the TV market again for a nice long while. In fact, I might even have my brother return the F8500 we got at Conn's and send my F4500 unit down there to him so it isn't just sitting unused.

Warehouse quantity was down to 15 for the ZT after I left so even though this wasn't all that great of a deal, I didn't feel comfortable waiting any longer at this point. Hope it turns out as good as I'm hoping it does.
post #698 of 1930
^^ Congrats. I just got mine from BB last Friday. It was Oct build and it has no fan issues, no dead pixels. Very happy myself.
post #699 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanjumper View Post

^^ Congrats. I just got mine from BB last Friday. It was Oct build and it has no fan issues, no dead pixels. Very happy myself.

Thanks. It will be here tomorrow. Exciting, though I still think to myself that three months from now I'm going to walk in and do my usual BB rounds at one of the stores in town and see an open box one sitting there for 1500.00. It always seems that even on the most in demand and hard to get TVs, a stray return or two always ends up in a corner somewhere. And at some level of discount, I no longer care that it's open box if there's nothing wrong with it. But that thresh-hold is pretty high with such an expensive set.
post #700 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

Thanks. It will be here tomorrow. Exciting, though I still think to myself that three months from now I'm going to walk in and do my usual BB rounds at one of the stores in town and see an open box one sitting there for 1500.00. It always seems that even on the most in demand and hard to get TVs, a stray return or two always ends up in a corner somewhere. And at some level of discount, I no longer care that it's open box if there's nothing wrong with it. But that thresh-hold is pretty high with such an expensive set.

You got a pretty decent deal. No need to worry. smile.gif
post #701 of 1930
I just got this email from Paul's:

60ZT60 $2299.99 MERRY17
65ZT60 $2899.99 MERRY16

Maybe Amazon will price match...
post #702 of 1930
Pauls vt65 $2249 with coupon code merry 4
post #703 of 1930
Looks like the price on the 65ZT60 is stuck at $2899.00. Have not seen it cheaper at a factory authorized dealer. Hope it drops even further.
post #704 of 1930
How long are you willing to wait to find out? I assure you it's worth it. After discounts, etc., that is what I paid not counting tax
post #705 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkyziff View Post

I just got this email from Paul's:

60ZT60 $2299.99 MERRY17
65ZT60 $2899.99 MERRY16

Maybe Amazon will price match...

Amazon will match Paul's. That's exactly how I purchased mine.
post #706 of 1930
I know it is a gamble, but I think the price might t just drop another couple hundred dollars over the next few weeks. I already own a DeWayne Davis and Kevin Miller calibrated 65VT60, but am likely to buy a 65ZT60 for my family room and move the VT to the bedroom...that is.....if I don't see something coming out at CES in January that can tide me over until the 75" 4k OLED that I realy want drops to a decent price. Would love to find something in a 75" range that does not cost me a lot in picture quality over the VT/ZT.
post #707 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrollens View Post

I know it is a gamble, but I think the price might t just drop another couple hundred dollars over the next few weeks. I already own a DeWayne Davis and Kevin Miller calibrated 65VT60, but am likely to buy a 65ZT60 for my family room and move the VT to the bedroom...that is.....if I don't see something coming out at CES in January that can tide me over until the 75" 4k OLED that I realy want drops to a decent price. Would love to find something in a 75" range that does not cost me a lot in picture quality over the VT/ZT.

There will be nothing at CES that competes on a PQ level, in a reasonable price range at least. So fret not about purchasing the ZT.smile.gif
post #708 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post



There will be nothing at CES that competes on a PQ level, in a reasonable price range at least. So fret not about purchasing the ZT.smile.gif

No doubt you are correct. I will be attending CES this year and do plan to spend alot of time exploring the short term and long term options. It sure looks like it may be many years before we see a 75" 4K OLED available at a price that is affordable. The VT/ZT series will probably go down as one of the best buys ever for picture quality.
post #709 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrollens View Post

No doubt you are correct. I will be attending CES this year and do plan to spend alot of time exploring the short term and long term options. It sure looks like it may be many years before we see a 75" 4K OLED available at a price that is affordable. The VT/ZT series will probably go down as one of the best buys ever for picture quality.

That's the key. There will be 4K OLED in 2014 in 70"+ sizes, but expect to pay $20k+. There will also be a lot of curved screens, so there's that.rolleyes.gif
post #710 of 1930
$20k+...egads. I better start panhandling. eek.gif
post #711 of 1930
How do you end up having amazon price match? Chat with customer service up front? Buy and then talk with CS after the fact?
post #712 of 1930
I sent them an email prior and got an ok on the price match. They were quick about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_N View Post

How do you end up having amazon price match? Chat with customer service up front? Buy and then talk with CS after the fact?
post #713 of 1930
I just called them prior to ordering. She said to order the item at Amazon's price and, once they shipped it, they would refund me the price difference.
post #714 of 1930
The story of my purchase yesterday of a 65 inch ZT60:

Called Amazon to see if they would price match Pauls TV at the discounted price of $2899. They said yes. I asked whether they would lower the price further considering that Amazon charges sales tax in my state (Arizona), while Pauls TV would not charge sales tax. They said no. I asked to speak to a supervisor to confirm this answer. She confirmed that by policy, Amazon will not adjust pricing for sales tax differences when quoting a price match. I said I would shop elsewhere.

Called the manager of the home theater department at a nearby Best Buy. Asked for a price match for Pauls TV at $2899. He said yes. I asked for a reduction due to sales tax difference. After a momentary pause, he said he would lower the price further to $2650. Deal done!! However, I was told I needed to come to the store for the paperwork, as they could not process the order over the phone.
post #715 of 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapper58 View Post

The story of my purchase yesterday of a 65 inch ZT60:

Called Amazon to see if they would price match Pauls TV at the discounted price of $2899. They said yes. I asked whether they would lower the price further considering that Amazon charges sales tax in my state (Arizona), while Pauls TV would not charge sales tax. They said no. I asked to speak to a supervisor to confirm this answer. She confirmed that by policy, Amazon will not adjust pricing for sales tax differences when quoting a price match. I said I would shop elsewhere.

Called the manager of the home theater department at a nearby Best Buy. Asked for a price match for Pauls TV at $2899. He said yes. I asked for a reduction due to sales tax difference. After a momentary pause, he said he would lower the price further to $2650. Deal done!! However, I was told I needed to come to the store for the paperwork, as they could not process the order over the phone.

Congrats! Great price....lowest ever so far from a factory authorized dealer. Looks like prices are softening again...
post #716 of 1930
I got the very last P60ZT60 at a local store for $1800 + tax b/c it was the floor model on display since summer (July build). No 3D glasses included. Service menu shows 1440 hours / 200 power cycles. Bargain...or buyer beware? Although I could easily afford a long extended warranty with the money I saved....

P.S. I've got it sitting right next to my P60ST30 (3250 hours / 1150 power cycles). I don't have an HDMI splitter to compare but I do have 2 blue-ray players hooked up and watching Star Trek II and Star Trek III simultaneously shows off a lot of the improvements in the ZT60. But I've noticed that ZT60 has much worse image retention than the ST30 due to network logos, menus, etc. I've done a ton of long gaming sessions on the ST30 and the IR was minimal. I'm worried this ZT60 cannot handle any gaming due to the sensitive IR. Could my IR be related at all to this being a floor model running 12-hours per day past 4 months?
I still need to fix the fan noise.
post #717 of 1930
Demo unit or not, the new Panasonics are simply highly susceptible to IR.
post #718 of 1930

East Coast TV, right now, 65" @ $2772.02

 

go get 'em

post #719 of 1930
My 60" ZT has shrunk in the last week. I'd be interested in selling to get the 65". Broken in with Dnice slides for 100 hours and watched on and off for two weeks. Perhaps 140 hours total.
post #720 of 1930
Was able to snag a 65zt60 at MHT for $2299. Open box but is in pristine shape with all accessories except for the box. Overall very pleased so far. Watched a few movies and played some halo so far.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home