I bought the Bosch RA1171 benchtop table last week (using with Bosch 1617 router).
- It's heavy. Although it's a benchtop table, it's not going anywhere.
- Dust collection appears to be very good. Good enough that I will probably use it in the basement (instead of the cold garage) during the winter.
- The fence works extremely well and the little 1/16" inserts are great for using the table as a jointer (so far - only had this for a week).
- There are a bunch of holes in the mounting plate to accept any router you may have now or acquire in the future.
- Fair price. Add up the cost of materials and the value of your time and I think you'll surpass the cost of this unit. (However, you can make exactly what you want when you build your own.)
- I had a little difficulty leveling the router plate but after some tinkering, all is good.
- It's a benchtop table, so you may still need to build some sort of base for it.
- The infeed/outfeed is decent size, but if you plan to work with big pieces, you may want to build an extender into your base table.
I think a lot of guys here build their own router table as an add-on to the table saw or workbench, but when I looked into the cost of the mounting plate and materials and factored in my time, it made more sense for me to purchase one. So far, I am really happy with this purchase and would do the same thing again.