I'd like to set up a couple outdoor speakers on my deck. Here is my proposal:
- Buy a set of Polk Atrium 4 for about $110. They seem to be fairly weather-proof, have decent reviews and are quite cheap. If you have other suggestions, I'm all ears. I don't see the need here to spend more than $200ish though. The deck is quite small - only about 14x16 ft.
- Buy a relatively cheap amp. The speakers above can handle 80W so I need some recommendations for a cheap or used amp please.
- Hook up the amp inside the house and connect it to the music player (Logitech Squeezbox wifi, which I already have). Leave the amp permanently on.
- Run speaker wire from the amp to outside the house on the deck.
- Mount speakers on the deck and hook up with speaker wire.
- Take wifi controller outside and control music and volume from the deck.
- Do you think is all a workable plan to effectively get music on the deck outside the house?
- I'm open to reviews of the Polks or alternative suggestions.
- I could definitely use some advice on buying a really cheap amp to drive this. It will literally be used for maybe 5 days of the year so I could do with a no-frills experience here. I could have used my Denon 2112ci from my my main system but I used up all the channels for my 7.1 system inside the house.
Thank you in advance.