or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic TC-65PS64 and TC-50PS64 ~OWNER'S POLL~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic TC-65PS64 and TC-50PS64 ~OWNER'S POLL~ - Page 26

Poll Results: Are you glad overall that you bought the PanasonicTC-xxPS64?

Poll expired: Jun 22, 2013  
  • 88% (22)
    Yes, totally glad.
  • 0% (0)
    No, I regret it.
  • 12% (3)
    I'm ambivalent. Serious doubts.
25 Total Votes  
post #751 of 758
Hey bigpoppa, i have a bose 321 hooked to my tv which is connected via optical line from the bose to the tv. it has it's own remote. i have the tv volume down to 0. Though my bose handles the the sound through it's remote if i was to turn the volume up on the tv i would still get sound from tv speakers. so i keep at 0 Does your sound bar have it's own remote, also how is connected to the tv?
post #752 of 758
Have you tried Viera Link yet?
post #753 of 758
So - I have happily be enjoying my TC-50PS64 Plasma since July. I have only one complaint which is the awful (relative to LCD) line bleed I experience on certain pieces of content.

Anyway, I just re-did nearly all of my 'room' theater and moved from wall mounted front speakers to floorstanding towers! The TV has been wallmounted on a wall which is roughly 62" wide and so without the speakers flanking the set, I have all this new space on the wall...which got me thinking.
Is there anyway I could sell my current set (under 500 hours) on craigslist, amazon or ebay and switch over to the TC-65ps64?! Those extra fifteen inches would be freaking awesome.


Basically wondering if anyone has had any success lately at picking up a new or used 65" model - or has sold either of the ps64 models successfully?
Edited by mtf612 - 4/2/14 at 7:43pm
post #754 of 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtf612 View Post

So - I have happily be enjoying my TC-50PS64 Plasma since July. I have only one complaint which is the awful (relative to LCD) line bleed I experience on certain pieces of content.

Anyway, I just re-did nearly all of my 'room' theater and moved from wall mounted front speakers to floorstanding towers! The TV has been wallmounted on a wall which is roughly 62" wide and so without the speakers flanking the set, I have all this new space on the wall...which got me thinking. Is there anyway I could sell my current set (under 500 hours) on craigslist, amazon or ebay and switch over to the TC-65ps64?! Those extra fifteen inches would be freaking awesome.

You'd have better luck selling your TV on EBay Local or Amazon.

Quote:
Basically wondering if anyone has had any success lately at picking up a new or used 65" model - or has sold either of the ps64 models successfully?

It may be difficult to find a legitimate seller or owner or retailer who has a 65" S64 for sale.

Selling and buying TVs on Craigslist is frustrating. You get deluged with emails offering half your asking price, yet sellers tend to greatly over-value their used TVs and price them 2 to 10 times higher than they're actually worth. I had my 50GT50 for sale for $900 a few months ago (i'd paid $1400 for it new) and got over a dozen lowball offers with the highest one being like $700. I said screw it and stored it away to use in another room in the future.

Personally i'd keep that 50" S64 as i don't think you can get much money for it and you'll never find another 50" TV with that good of picture quality. My local Costco stores were selling their last ones at $599 and it was all i could do to resist buying one to store away for the future.
post #755 of 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

You'd have better luck selling your TV on EBay Local or Amazon.
It may be difficult to find a legitimate seller or owner or retailer who has a 65" S64 for sale.

Selling and buying TVs on Craigslist is frustrating. You get deluged with emails offering half your asking price, yet sellers tend to greatly over-value their used TVs and price them 2 to 10 times higher than they're actually worth. I had my 50GT50 for sale for $900 a few months ago (i'd paid $1400 for it new) and got over a dozen lowball offers with the highest one being like $700. I said screw it and stored it away to use in another room in the future.

Personally i'd keep that 50" S64 as i don't think you can get much money for it and you'll never find another 50" TV with that good of picture quality. My local Costco stores were selling their last ones at $599 and it was all i could do to resist buying one to store away for the future.

I found a 65" new in open original box for $1,000 flat so I decided to test the waters a bit. Had a bunch of low ball offers ($500) and one who didn't specify price though I listed asking at $700. You're probably right though, I am probably best keeping my current set
post #756 of 758
I've been very happy with my TC-65PS64 so far, but I'm still struggling to find a way to fix a few things.

My current setup on this unit consists of:

- Time warner HDMI cable box
- Xbox One
- Denon AVR-1913
- 5.1 setup with Klipsch RW 12D, and Sony

XB1 and cable box runs though the receiver via HDMI, HDMI out to TV, etc.

#1. When watching an mp4 file off a jump stick inserted into the TV itself, how do I get the volume to come through the speakers connected to my AVR-1913? Volume is only heard through the 65PS64 speakers.
#2. Some AVI files on my jump drive won't play, but all mp4 files play. Why is this?
#3. When hooking up a laptop direct to the TV by HDMI, I get video but no sound coming from TV or speakers connected to AVR-1913. Not sure how to correct this?
#4. There doesn't appear to be any options on the TC-65PS64 to stream media from a PC that has win 7 / 8 by wifi. I see options for netflix and Hulu, but can streaming from PC be done?
post #757 of 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post

#1. When watching an mp4 file off a jump stick inserted into the TV itself, how do I get the volume to come through the speakers connected to my AVR-1913? Volume is only heard through the 65PS64 speakers.
#2. Some AVI files on my jump drive won't play, but all mp4 files play. Why is this?
#3. When hooking up a laptop direct to the TV by HDMI, I get video but no sound coming from TV or speakers connected to AVR-1913. Not sure how to correct this?
#4. There doesn't appear to be any options on the TC-65PS64 to stream media from a PC that has win 7 / 8 by wifi. I see options for netflix and Hulu, but can streaming from PC be done?

#1, try changing your audio output? I use a Vizio soundbar so everything on my system goes through one sound source, all connected through HDMI.

#2. its the encoding of whoever ripped the AVI. I frequently run mine though Videoredo and re-encode them really fast as mp4s because as you found out, they work.

#3. Assuming the HDMI is coming off the video card from the laptop? The card is not made to handle audio too. You need to run a separate line with those audio signals to the AVR.

#4. You can try and use DLNA but Im not sure if that will work. I use a wired ethernet network to make sure I get the best possible speeds with no loss in speed. All my movies or recorded TV shows can stream directly to the TV.
post #758 of 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppa206 View Post

#1, try changing your audio output? I use a Vizio soundbar so everything on my system goes through one sound source, all connected through HDMI.

#2. its the encoding of whoever ripped the AVI. I frequently run mine though Videoredo and re-encode them really fast as mp4s because as you found out, they work.

#3. Assuming the HDMI is coming off the video card from the laptop? The card is not made to handle audio too. You need to run a separate line with those audio signals to the AVR.

#4. You can try and use DLNA but Im not sure if that will work. I use a wired ethernet network to make sure I get the best possible speeds with no loss in speed. All my movies or recorded TV shows can stream directly to the TV.

I'll try fiber optic cable.
I'll give videoredo a shot.
HDMI is coming off the video card. I tried using a 3.5mm to red/white RCA splitter putting the RCA's in the in the aux port on the front of the AVR-1913, but when I select AUX, the video cuts out. I can get audio or video based on AVR-1913 source selections, but not both at the same time. What audio source on the AVR do I need to use?

I tried DLNA, but going wireless even with 15mbps, the stream is choppy as hell. What kind of speed do I need to stream? I tried various videos at various quality, they all had the same latency issues.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic TC-65PS64 and TC-50PS64 ~OWNER'S POLL~