or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official ZT60 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 37

post #1081 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost! View Post



As long as they haven't made you sign a no-return for 90 days contract you are fine smile.gif

Cheers, thanks, mate.

Ad let me just take this moment to extend my thanks to the entire board for their helpful advice. You guys rock!
post #1082 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoor View Post

One reason, I just suggested if you paid full MSRP, just return. Start a clean return cycle. BB even on the BO status of my ZT said the 15 return window has expired before I even too delivery. Just crazy- a return would be an exception. I talked to the GM and he said he would commit, in writing, to a 15 return window from delivery. Your situation is just as gray. Before I took the 2nd exchange, I would suggest you get it in writing with someone with the proper authority and you may need 2nd return.

They just don't explain these gray areas in the return policy clearly. They do want to treat you right. You might be ok, bur when talking about 4k+, I want it in clear writing. I worked in tech sales for years and getting it writing is just good business for both parties.

I just called Best Buy and asked the sales rep guy on the phone about this issue. He assured me that when I get the replacement, there would be a new 15 day window that would be reflected on the receipt - he says I will be getting a new reciept with the replacement model.

Any advice? Should I call back and ask to talk to a manager? What should I do?
post #1083 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Harford View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoor View Post

One reason, I just suggested if you paid full MSRP, just return. Start a clean return cycle. BB even on the BO status of my ZT said the 15 return window has expired before I even too delivery. Just crazy- a return would be an exception. I talked to the GM and he said he would commit, in writing, to a 15 return window from delivery. Your situation is just as gray. Before I took the 2nd exchange, I would suggest you get it in writing with someone with the proper authority and you may need 2nd return.

They just don't explain these gray areas in the return policy clearly. They do want to treat you right. You might be ok, bur when talking about 4k+, I want it in clear writing. I worked in tech sales for years and getting it writing is just good business for both parties.

I just called Best Buy and asked the sales rep guy on the phone about this issue. He assured me that when I get the replacement, there would be a new 15 day window that would be reflected on the receipt - he says I will be getting a new reciept with the replacement model.

Any advice? Should I call back and ask to talk to a manager? What should I do?

I don't understand the 15 days. You should be a premier silver rewards member with a purchase over $2500. You should be getting a 60 day return window. Ask them about it.

Also make sure you receipt says its an exchange, not a return.
Edited by TWD - 6/17/13 at 4:30pm
post #1084 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post

I don't understand the 15 days. You should be a premier silver rewards member with a purchase over $2500. You should be getting a 60 day return window. Ask them about it.

Also make sure you receipt says its an exchange, not a return.

The problem is, you don't reach premiere silver immediately. The points are posted to your rewards account in 45 days I think.
post #1085 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost! View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post

I don't understand the 15 days. You should be a premier silver rewards member with a purchase over $2500. You should be getting a 60 day return window. Ask them about it.

Also make sure you receipt says its an exchange, not a return.

The problem is, you don't reach premiere silver immediately. The points are posted to your rewards account in 45 days I think.

Ok. Got it. I bought a VT50 last year so I was already a premier silver member.
post #1086 of 11435
If you're not 100% satisfied replace it.
post #1087 of 11435
Does everyone have the banding? What is the prevalence of stuck pixels? What are the odds I'll need to exchange again.

And you're absolutely right, repete: it's like the letter in the ZT owners booklet says - we have the right to expect a fine product that delivers FULL satisfaction. That is bushido.
post #1088 of 11435
Will this, I presume, 2012 model of 3D glasses behave well with the ZT60: http://www.abt.com/product/60202/Panasonic-TYEP3D10UB.html ?
post #1089 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Will this, I presume, 2012 model of 3D glasses behave well with the ZT60: http://www.abt.com/product/60202/Panasonic-TYEP3D10UB.html ?

The link is for passive 3D. I don't think they work with ZT. ZT needs active shutter glasses.
post #1090 of 11435
That was the wrong product, sigh. I should pay closer attention to what I'm copying. wink.gif

Here's the one I intended to link: http://www.abt.com/product/60096/Panasonic-TYER3D4MU.html
post #1091 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

That was the wrong product, sigh. I should pay closer attention to what I'm copying. wink.gif

Here's the one I intended to link: http://www.abt.com/product/60096/Panasonic-TYER3D4MU.html
The D4MU unit is compatible, USB rechargeable and does a better job blocking the light. The model that comes with the TV is battery powered.
post #1092 of 11435
Thanks. Rechargeable is a nice perk. ABT gave me a nice olive branch ($100 gift card) after canceling the ZT preorder earlier this month due to no longer wanting to wait. That seems to be the best price for the pair new. I only hope the battery is replaceable.
post #1093 of 11435
Doesn't look like it, at least not without taking it apart.
post #1094 of 11435
ugh, so it eventually becomes an ocular paperweight.
post #1095 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

ugh, so it eventually becomes an ocular paperweight.
As will the tv. biggrin.gif
post #1096 of 11435
I’ve had my 60ZT (A00066) for 11 days now and put ~ 220 hours on it what with the slides, watching movies, Foyle’s War on Netflix (outstanding picture quality, especially the blacks).

I’m planning on trying out the calibration suggestions from CNET and D-Nice shortly but I’ve got to say that in my brief usage the Custom and THX Cinema are pretty darn nice.

While a fair number have reported noisy fan(s), banding and stuck pixels, my set hasn’t had any of those problems. I also plan on picking up a couple of sets of the TY-ER3D4MU glasses as the included set is a royal PIA to open for access to the battery.

All in all I’m extremely impressed with my set and look forward to seeing what the calibrations look like from CNET and D-Nice.

Thanks to all for your help on my various questions and your observations, tips etc.

Keith
post #1097 of 11435
Glad to hear you've had a positive experience Dogger1. Thanks for posting.
post #1098 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogger1 View Post

I’ve had my 60ZT (A00066) for 11 days now and put ~ 220 hours on it what with the slides, watching movies, Foyle’s War on Netflix (outstanding picture quality, especially the blacks).

I’m planning on trying out the calibration suggestions from CNET and D-Nice shortly but I’ve got to say that in my brief usage the Custom and THX Cinema are pretty darn nice.

While a fair number have reported noisy fan(s), banding and stuck pixels, my set hasn’t had any of those problems. I also plan on picking up a couple of sets of the TY-ER3D4MU glasses as the included set is a royal PIA to open for access to the battery.

All in all I’m extremely impressed with my set and look forward to seeing what the calibrations look like from CNET and D-Nice.

Thanks to all for your help on my various questions and your observations, tips etc.

Keith

Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear your positive experiences. Especially with the fan noise. My set is being exchanged today. I hope I can report good news as well.
post #1099 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost! View Post

I will have my set by end of the week, and if you were still looking for the answer, I will give you the result. Apart from USB and HDD, I am also going to test the subtitles via my Synology NAS. Of course, I will test both SRT and SUB/IDX formats, but I am not too optimistic about the latter.

So far, I have seen people reporting here that they had good success with non-standards MKV files, so that is a plus for ZT60.

Hi Lost! I'd say please post your findings here since no one else has responded yet. Also, in general, I think it is better to gather different people's experiences since there are so many file formats out there. Thanks in advance.
post #1100 of 11435
A poster over on the UK site posted this regarding a Panasonic response to the fan noise. I think it implies that it may be caused by vibrations caused by the backpanel being too tight or torqued. For example a guitar string that is loose will have a lower softer sound then one that is tight.

From the UK site:

"I got 55vt65 & i am having same problem, I rang Panasonic & i have been told to check my wall bracket if its too tight on the back frame or all 4 sides are not equally tightened it affects the frame & both fans"

Not saying that I buy it, but it would be interesting to know the following. For those NOT experiencing the problem, can you answer the following:

1. Is you set wall mounted?
2. If your set is stand mounted, is the stand glass or wood?
Edited by TWD - 6/18/13 at 4:07pm
post #1101 of 11435
1. Is you set wall mounted? No

2. If your set is stand mounted, is the stand glass or wood? Glass

No fan noise at all.
post #1102 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogger1 View Post

1. Is you set wall mounted? No

2. If your set is stand mounted, is the stand glass or wood? Glass

No fan noise at all.

Man. My set is being replaced this afternoon. I hope I'll be able to say the same.
post #1103 of 11435
Not wall mounted (and currently on the floor)...maybe I'll get to experimenting with the screws. Not worth returning the set and risk having another (or same) problem surface.
Edited by vinnie97 - 6/18/13 at 9:06am
post #1104 of 11435
No fan noise. My TV is on its stand atop of a glass-topped piece of furniture.
post #1105 of 11435
Could anyone please check if the US ZT60 accepts 50Hz input?

.. another Kuro owner looking for a bigger screen smile.gif
post #1106 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoor View Post

Bet the TV outlast the battery.
I would sure think so tongue.gif
post #1107 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post

Could anyone please check if the US ZT60 accepts 50Hz input?
How would I do that?
post #1108 of 11435
Has anyone loosened the screws on the back panel yet? Any noise reduction?
Edited by dasanii19 - 6/19/13 at 8:58am
post #1109 of 11435
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

How would I do that?

Set the output of a player to PAL, and see if it works.

I thought only the ZT65 would handle 50Hz, but I haven't checked.
post #1110 of 11435
1. Is you set wall mounted?

No

2. If your set is stand mounted, is the stand glass or wood?

On BDI metal stand above glass shelves, but plane parallel to back wall (about 1.5' forward)

Can hear low sound if on mute and no other noise in house, but no beat frequencies or harmonics from an interaction with the package.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official ZT60 Owners Thread