or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official ZT60 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 81

post #2401 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post

I'm still confused on how to enable ARC? I want to watch a Vudo movie but only getting volume out if the TV. :/

Turn Viera Link "on" on Panny, then go to your AV setup menu and look for HDMI CEC or HDMI Control or something like that, and turn it on. Your AV should be connected to HDMI 2 on the TV otherwise ARC doesn't work.
post #2402 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

I can't find the thread/message someone posted that the higher end ones are better that the ones come boxed with the unit. Since you have the "better" ones, are they in fact better for watching 3d movies?

Thanks!
They're better for only two reasons--they're rechargeable & since the arms are thicker they do a better job of limiting light entering from the side. Other than that performance is the same.
post #2403 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by iChristopher View Post

I did the screen wipe last night. Didn't see any IR after watching CNN and ESPN... I did however notice that the screen looks dirty in some parts... Blotchy? Is this normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Yes, likely due to imperfections in the process involving light filter application.

Ahh... ok. As long as the dirty screen appearance is normal then I guess its ok...
post #2404 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost! View Post

Turn Viera Link "on" on Panny, then go to your AV setup menu and look for HDMI CEC or HDMI Control or something like that, and turn it on. Your AV should be connected to HDMI 2 on the TV otherwise ARC doesn't work.
Got it!! Thank you ! Is there anything else I need to know about it? Or am I good to go?
post #2405 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by iChristopher View Post


Ahh... ok. As long as the dirty screen appearance is normal then I guess its ok...
Just a theory. I also saw it on the ole' Kuro I sold, so it's not a new phenomenon. Unfortunate but not noticeable in most content.
post #2406 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Just a theory. I also saw it on the ole' Kuro I sold, so it's not a new phenomenon. Unfortunate but not noticeable in most content.

I gotta admit It does bug me a bit but you're right not viewable on most content. I can only tell when screen is a solid color or all white.
post #2407 of 11451
Argh. My 5 year old bedroom panasonic plasma died (7 red flashes), so I decided to move our 8G 50" Kuro up there, replacing it with a 65ZT60. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, so I moved everything around to prepare. They delivered the new TV, plugged it in, heard a very short loud buzz that I HOPE will not be what the fan noise ends up sounding like, and the TV never turned on. 7 flashing red lights. Atleast amazon has the shipper turn it on before they leave, so they were able to take it back with them. But now I have to wait a week for a replacement.

So disappointed!
post #2408 of 11451
Sorry to hear that. Any reason you purchased it from Amazon as their price is higher than Best Buy?
post #2409 of 11451
In regards to the rechargeable Panasonic 3D glasses:
Quote:
They're better for only two reasons--they're rechargeable & since the arms are thicker they do a better job of limiting light entering from the side. Other than that performance is the same.

Reason (3); the rechargeable Panasonic 3D glasses are lighter than the throw-in battery operated ones.


Note: If you have not checked out TRON 3D on this little beauty you are cheating yourself.
post #2410 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdqboss View Post

Sorry to hear that. Any reason you purchased it from Amazon as their price is higher than Best Buy?

They all price match, amazon could get it to my house sooner, and they had a 6% back in amazon credit deal going on at the time.
post #2411 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by iChristopher View Post

I gotta admit It does bug me a bit but you're right not viewable on most content. I can only tell when screen is a solid color or all white.

How noticeable is this? I would consider an exchange if it bothers you. I've not noticed any screen non-uniformity on my ZT. Isn't that one of the reasons we all bought plasmas? Perfect screen uniformity.
post #2412 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamOner View Post

How would the ZT60's brightness hold up in this room? Can anyone post up images of their ZT60 in a bright room?
Im in the process of moving.. I need to tidy up.lol


I think the ZT would hold up fine in that room. The reflection from that window would only bother someone if they were viewing the TV from where you took the picture.

Uhm... I'm confused though. If your moving... why does it matter how the TV looks in this room?
post #2413 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooke View Post

I think the ZT would hold up fine in that room. The reflection from that window would only bother someone if they were viewing the TV from where you took the picture.

Uhm... I'm confused though. If your moving... why does it matter how the TV looks in this room?

I just moved in here. I just wanted make sure it would be bright enough for daytime viewing, especially during sunday football games. Next hurdle is my wife's viewing habits. I'm worried she'll get IR all the time.
post #2414 of 11451
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:07pm
post #2415 of 11451
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:07pm
post #2416 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooke View Post

How noticeable is this? I would consider an exchange if it bothers you. I've not noticed any screen non-uniformity on my ZT. Isn't that one of the reasons we all bought plasmas? Perfect screen uniformity.
I've found there is no perfect TV, and that includes the specter of DSE (dirty screen effect). He can exchange it and the next one may be just as afflicted or worse (or exhibit another problem).
post #2417 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

I've found there is no perfect TV, and that includes the specter of DSE (dirty screen effect). He can exchange it and the next one may be just as afflicted or worse (or exhibit another problem).

+1 - whether the mighty Kuro or some other plasma if you look hard enough you will find DSE on them all. If everything else is acceptable, I would keep it and admire all the things it does so well. Worse case just watch a lot of Harry Potter movies smile.gif
post #2418 of 11451
Quote:
What is ur picture setting when u watching blu ray 3D, is the thx mode 3D or u have it calibrate for 3D ?

THX 3D; for now.

With less than 100 hrs on the panel we probably will not have calibrated settings for another month or so.
post #2419 of 11451
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:07pm
post #2420 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

Try Vivid mode and put off all enhance color and put 43 for color brightness at 0 and u will see colour is good as thx mode but have a lot better light output, i watch all my 3D like this now and its better then just thx .

+1
post #2421 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooke View Post

How noticeable is this? I would consider an exchange if it bothers you. I've not noticed any screen non-uniformity on my ZT. Isn't that one of the reasons we all bought plasmas? Perfect screen uniformity.

It's pretty noticeable on solid colors. It looks blotchy/dingy in the center of the screen.... Don't know if I will exchange. I'm kinda over the whole exchange process.... Any chance of this clearing up?
post #2422 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

They're better for only two reasons--they're rechargeable & since the arms are thicker they do a better job of limiting light entering from the side. Other than that performance is the same.

Thank you. I just ordered a pair for me and my fiancée. We will keep the others for guests. Anyone have any recommendations for something to hold the 3d glasses in? We have a drawer on our coffee table, but we keep all our extra controllers, game controllers, phone chargers and assorted items, so we are looking for something to put the glasses in to keep them safe.

Thanks!
post #2423 of 11451
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:08pm
post #2424 of 11451
Looks like Panasonic is acknowledging the fan issue, internally at least with a service bulletin and fix. They have also made running changes on the production line for both VT & ZT.
post #2425 of 11451
Have they indicated if only certain models/makes/serial numbers are involved? I don't notice any excessive fan noise on my ZT60 when I have audio - I do hear a faint fan noise when there is no sound at all, but I just can't imagine that is the sound people have complained about. I do wonder if the fan will get louder as the television ages and is on for extended periods of time.
post #2426 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffeen View Post

Have they indicated if only certain models/makes/serial numbers are involved? I don't notice any excessive fan noise on my ZT60 when I have audio - I do hear a faint fan noise when there is no sound at all, but I just can't imagine that is the sound people have complained about. I do wonder if the fan will get louder as the television ages and is on for extended periods of time.

Didn't specify, except to say VT/ZT. If you're happy with it, why worry?
post #2427 of 11451
I'm not really worried - but whenever a car manufacturer has a recall for a vehicle I own, I always am sure to get it (regardless how much of an impact the defect has on me as an individual). Better to be safe than sorry.
post #2428 of 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffeen View Post

I'm not really worried - but whenever a car manufacturer has a recall for a vehicle I own, I always am sure to get it (regardless how much of an impact the defect has on me as an individual). Better to be safe than sorry.

Fair enough. To be clear, this is not a "recall". Never hurts to call them and see if they'll do the service anyway.
post #2429 of 11451
I watched my first "scope" film on my ZT60 with the CNET calibration and I have never seen this BLU before but I feel like maybe the green is pushed more than I like on the CNET settings. Am I wrong should it be?Or is it just this particular transfer?
post #2430 of 11451
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:08pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official ZT60 Owners Thread