or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official ZT60 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 190

post #5671 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 10:15pm
post #5672 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 10:15pm
post #5673 of 11401
Saw the The Lone Ranger remake on BD this evening...breathtaking photography and photorealism. The sunlit desert landscape seared my eyes.
post #5674 of 11401

I know this has been posted countless times before, but give me credit for searching this thread for 10 minutes before giving up and just asking again....

 

How do I check the usage hours on the ZT60?

 

Got in touch with D-NICE to possibly calibrate.  However, I know I don't have more than 50 hours on this display as I was anticipating returning it.

 

Still, want to check and provide him with an accurate number.

 

Thanks in advance.

post #5675 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:48am
post #5676 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:48am
post #5677 of 11401

Changboy,

 

Your posts on this forum are not only difficult to understand, but they are often snide and mean-spirited.  

 

Did you really just ask me if I actually bought a ZT60?  Joking or not, was that comment even necessary?

 

Your follow-up comment was equally childish in nature.  

 

If you actually took the time to read what I have posted in this thread (and others that you participate in) you will realize I have been on "hold" for the past several weeks to exchange my ZT60 for the Samsung F8500.

 

Very fortunate to have bought from a retailer that has allowed me this much time to play with the set while they free up their chaotic holiday schedule to fit in an appointment. There's more story here than I am telling, but basically the retailer did me a favor and I am returning it by not putting too many hours on a display that will have to be resold at a loss.  The swap is currently scheduled for January 8th.

 

Since I was planning on returning this display, and knowing that it would be sold open box, I did not want to put a lot of hours on this display.  That is why there is only approx. 50 hours on it.  

 

However, in every effort to actually keep this display, I have inquired having D-NICE calibrate this panel brighter.  It's just a question of whether he feels it is worth it and can be done without suffering PQ loss.

 

And yes, I understand that it's hard to give a final evaluation on a display with only 50 hours on it.  However, there is no guarantee the display will get up to the brightness level I crave on its own with more hours of usage or through calibration.  That is too many "unknowns" to miss the return window.....but I am giving it every chance I can....so give me some credit.

 

And you know what?  Negative comments like yours to owners that don't necessarily share your opinion are unnecessary -- and actually getting tiring to read.

 

I am not knocking the ZT60. Obviously, if I am doing everything I can to hold on to this display, there must be aspects of it I really like.  

 

I understand it's the nature of the Internet and "fanboys" who are so invested within their brand to come out swinging when something negative is said about their display -- but sometimes there are going to be those (like myself) that have their own particular issues and preferences that are not in line with what everyone else thinks.  A little politeness can go a long way when communicating with those individuals.


Edited by Ronald Epstein - 12/29/13 at 1:32am
post #5678 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:49am
post #5679 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:49am
post #5680 of 11401
Quote:

Ronald i have some kind of difficulty to translate what i really mean but now i'am really serious : are you judge the ZT panasonic panel with 50 hour on the tv ? you never break in the unit and i think you never watch 1 movie on bluray on your ZT.....Tell me how your evaluation can be serious ? i'am not so good in english but i think you can understand what i write in this post ?

 

 

Where did I ever post that I haven't watched any Blu-ray movies on my display?

This is an assumption you are making on your own and spewing out rather nasty comments in the process.

 

I have watched quite a few Blu-rays on my ZT60.  They look tremendous.  This is what is pulling me favorably towards keeping the display.

 

The problems are broadcast television and 3D.  Both look very dim under several settings. Have stated that several times before and I even hesitated to repeat it again because I know there are many here who tire of me talking about it (my apologies to you all).

 

Can I still fairly compare two displays without putting a lot of hours on both?  I think so.  About the same as anyone else.  With a limited return window (which still happens to be more than most) I don't have many more options.  Most anyone comparing displays will only be able to do so out-of-the-box on store shelves.  I have already stated which display I think looks better.

 

I am not going to take the word of one individual that the panel brightness will eventually increase.  If it will brighten up the question becomes: how much and will I be satisfied with it?  Will the percentage of brightness be the same for everyone?  That part you have problems understanding as I have also posed these questions before. 

 

Did you also read that I am still consulting a calibrator to see if this display can be calibrated brighter without losing PQ?


So please don't accuse me of giving up without giving this every effort I can.

 

I have much confidence in Panasonic quality.  I have relations that enabled me to see the very first Panasonic 3D prototype 5-6 years ago before most in the industry saw it.  From that point forward I have always wanted to own a Panasonic because I believe they are second to none in building quality plasma displays.

 

As for you being upset that I made a point about your English....

 

Your behavior in these threads call for you to be knocked down a peg or two with your comments that are very condescending in nature.  It's all fun for you when you can make fun of someone's dilemma.  Not so fun when someone points out yours.  Post after post of yours throughout this thread are filled with jabs towards other members.  Nothing is changing your posts.  There are no filters on this board that change content or meaning.  What you post is what you post and it does come off, very often, as being condescending.


Edited by Ronald Epstein - 12/29/13 at 2:32am
post #5681 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:50am
post #5682 of 11401

Changboy,

 

Your passion for what you do shows in your posts.

 

You are obviously in the same class as most of the members of this forum.  We all love our tech and we strive to not only buy the best, but to get top performance out of what we buy.

 

I understand the concept of companies in the business for profit over providing the consumer with the ultimate experience.

 

Trust me, this has been the most difficult purchase I have ever made.  Been nearly 8 weeks of stress wondering whether to keep this display or return it.  Every day I come to this forum (and my own) to read updates from members on their experiences with both displays.

 

I appreciate the helpful comments over the condescending ones.  Last thing anyone with a complaint about their display wants to hear is, "press the red button on the TV and it will show you a picture."

 

It seems like you understand my point.  

post #5683 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:50am
post #5684 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:51am
post #5685 of 11401
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

I wanna ask you when you saw the picture i post on all the thread here, i think you saw pic i post here right ? do you like what you see ? it is enough bright ? If you like the pic i post here , this is what you will see with a ZT and i not here for lie , this is a ZT picture after break in and calibrate with a good player to feed your display. If you look my pic and you feel its dim don't keep your ZT and return it, if you want i post lil more pic for show you i can do, but i tell you, you will not get better picture of the pic i post here, this is true, then its easy fr you to know if you keep or return it.

Are you seriously suggesting we should determine the brightness of any screen based on a photo? A photo that most of us probably look at on a LCD screen smile.gif
post #5686 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:51am
post #5687 of 11401
deleted (pic)
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 6:39am
post #5688 of 11401
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

Good you come here to write your point but the quality of the picture i post in the final will be expose on your screen and i'am feel sorry if you can't see all the quality of the pic i post, you still have the choice move it and come here i will show you and i can tell you : you will not be desapointed of the result, and i don't do money when i post pic here and i already show member here the pic is on my ZT i just don't have a good camera to show it but what you saw from my pic its the same of my screen do, nothing more nothing less, and i think you can see it with your F8500 and i'am sure they look nice on your screen right ?.

Sorry not trying to be rude here, just honest, but I just can't answer your question as I simply don't understand what you are actually asking? I just see the "?" and therefor assume it is a question smile.gif
Quote:
i can post one of this pic i take with my bad handphone yes really cheap one but even i take with my cheap handphone you will see the quality in the pic

Yes, I and probably everyone else can see the quality of that picture and it's really bad. But I doubt that is because of the actual quality of the ZT60.
post #5689 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:51am
post #5690 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:52am
post #5691 of 11401
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

this pic i shoot with my cheap nokia handphone , even this bad quality i can see the screen is bright and have lot of details but the real result are from the direct pic i already take and if you want know if i talk a true just look at the kiwi pic i post yesterday i have IR on the right side in the white of my ZT coz i use it long time with my internet page open so you can see some kind of line in the white coz i just use my ZT as monitor PC .

Not sure what you are trying to prove by posting a picture in a dark room (I guess), anyone who like me has seen it in a dark room already knows it is an exceptional TV and probably the best you can get for a dark room. In fact, it is one of the best TVs you can get no matter what room you have. So if you were trying to prove that the ZT60 is a great TV, congratulations, you have smile.gif
Quote:
IMPROWISE come always to show me as a liar, hehehe i really don't mind and i still have no gain on this but i just take on my time for post here and it's not really a + for me or something i need, i'am a new member here and what will happen i will go from here the same way i came fast, some who will got the things i bring i will happy for them that's it, i already gave info from PM to play bluray with a PC and i gave link they explain all for help people get a better picture.

Well, call it what you want, but there have been a few times where you have posted unsubstantiated claims posing as facts, and when I've asked you for some believable sources to prove this, you have responded with a mixture of sources that doesn't actually say anything and personal insults (as mentioned by Ronald above and others). Have to admit I kind of admire your youthful enthusiasm and the fact that you really like your ZT60, but I wish you could distinguish between personal opinions and facts, especially since there are more than enough facts that the ZT60 is an excpetional TV.
Quote:
IMPROWISE do you get money trying put me low on this thread if yes do fast coz i won't be here for 1 month again.

Darn it, you got me, I'm in fact contracted by Samsung with the sole purpose of badmouthing you. Glad you haven't yet noticed my colleagues hiding behind your trashcans for a few weeks by now smile.gif
post #5692 of 11401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post

When I first reviewed the VT60, I found high panel brightness to be inadvisable due to severe white crush. However, lately, I've done a number of successful cals on the VT/ZT60 in high panel brightness. There is very little compromise. While there isn't much if any WTW headroom in PB high, the importance of that is debatable.

Here is a sample calibration report I got on a 65ZT60 using PB high and contrast in the 85-ish range. Color accuracy is good- not quite as perfect as I get with PB mid, but not anything visible- and though I haven't scrutinized it with a fine tooth comb, the picture doesn't seem to show any serious side effects. It does look much punchier in a moderately bright room. Note 50+ fL achieved with APL windows and an i1D3 profiled off a Jeti 1211 spectro.

65ZT60Pro1bright.pdf 1446k .pdf file

Just for some kind of comparison, would the image with these settings be noticeable brighter than a ZT60 in Dynamic/Vidid mode in the same environment? Or to put it in another way, would this enable the ZT60 to achieve a brightness never seen before on a ZT60, or "just" more brightness in a calibrated mode but still not more than in torch-mode?
post #5693 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 8:52am
post #5694 of 11401
don't he go on and on and on
post #5695 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 6:51am
post #5696 of 11401
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

What i can tell you at this point its : we spend both money for a tv this year and we must life with this choice and i believe you happy and i'am happy and both company are happy we spend our money in there product.

In real you will have more + using a pc with a very good set-up of try to find witch tv is better of the other.
From a normal bluray player you can see a big upgrade of quality reproduction on whatever the panel you will use when you read a bluray with a PC using mpchc with the right setting, i not lie you its another world. After using this for many years i can't look my bluray with my normal bluray player. i feel i loose all my true quality picture, and i tell you : more you look your bluray with this more you begin a movie with a bluray player and will stop the movie for play the title with the PC.
Its day and night using right setting. You take off all the mask front of the picture, all is clear all tissue clothes a truly reproduce with the same way you look in direct with your eyes.

Sometime i still try watch a bluray with my bluray player and all the time before i have 3 minute on the movie i switch on the pc and all comeback without the mask in front of the picture.

I tell you with my PC and a F8500 i will beat anytime the ZT60 using normal bluray player and vis versa.
This is the only way to achieve a near perfect picture and all use this can tell you the same thing.
With the program and pc you can do all you want, any kind of setting you can do, more sharpness, unsharp mask, take off banding when motion picture, denoise, take off rainbow effect , reclock correctly the perfect timing between the screen and the movie and many other thing, interframe integrate picture for better motion handling right on your taste, this is just some of the + you can achieve and this will give you the most of your viewing experience and yes if you mix this with a nice screen you you will happy each time you play content on your tv and i'am sure the F8500 will look amazing using a set-up like this, this is the only way for drive a plasma panel at the max potential .

I've been using HTPCs for more than 10 years now, don't even own a standalone blu-ray player and never have. Even though I agree with you that HTPCs are the way to go, I don't think this is the best place to discuss them though, other sections of the forum are probably more suitable.
post #5697 of 11401
deleted
Edited by changboy - 12/29/13 at 10:16pm
post #5698 of 11401
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersvols View Post
 

Just got my zt today. I have some questions if anyone would like to help me out.

 

1/ What is the best out of the box setting to watch a Blue Ray on? Anyadjustment suggestions?

 

2. What setting is the best to play games on(xboxone)? any adjustments I should make?

 

3. Standard out of the box looks very dim to me. I am coming from an LED so will it take some getting used to?

 

4. Any suggestions on what picture mod  to use and maybe some adjustments I can make for just straight TV viewing and sports watching?

 

I am having Chad calibrate my TV when he comes into town in February in the Baltimore area I would just like to take advantage of what I can until then

 

 

Thanks for any help you guys or gals can offer me.

 

 

 

I also have an xbox one so all of my stuff runs through that including my cable. I am interested to see if Chad can see a difference in picture quality using that.

post #5699 of 11401

Anyone else see ads running through this tv. I turned up the volume and ads come up. I have seen them pop up other times too

post #5700 of 11401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein View Post

I know this has been posted countless times before, but give me credit for searching this thread for 10 minutes before giving up and just asking again....

How do I check the usage hours on the ZT60?

Got in touch with D-NICE to possibly calibrate.  However, I know I don't have more than 50 hours on this display as I was anticipating returning it.

Still, want to check and provide him with an accurate number.

Thanks in advance.

I have seen 2 methods described on this forum. One gives you the hours and minutes of usage and the number of times the set has been turned on. The other is much simpler but only gives you the hours of usage. Haven't personally tried either method as I'm still waiting for my TV. Here they are:

Method 1:

Press and hold down the Vol- button on the TV.
Then press info button on the remote control 3 times.
Start adj. menu message will be displayed followed by Service menu in a few seconds.

Press the # 2 button once to select SRV-TOOL. Then press ok to access it.

Using the cursor keys Highlight the last box on bottom right side, then press and hold Mute for 3 seconds. Hours will be displayed in red and also how many times the set has been turned on.

Hold power button down on TV to exit. (This will shut off TV and restart it.)


Method 2::

Menu > help > version > Status 4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official ZT60 Owners Thread