Edited by changboy - 1/11/14 at 5:53am
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Buy Sale... Last post on 12/24/13 at 4:15am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Upgrade to ZT60 from VT50> Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:13pm in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- ZT60 Manufacturing Screen Defect!?! Last post on 1/16/14 at 2:44pm in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Your expert advice: Panasonic ZT60 or Samsung F8500 in a bright room (room photo included) Last post on 2/19/14 at 11:27pm in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Panasonic ZT60 and VT60 Fan/Fridge Noise Production Numbers Last post on Today at 5:01 pm in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 214
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'll do my best, it will be awkward (2, 65" tv's takes up alot of space) but I will most definitely give you the best comparison I can.
I get where your coming, when you have a 1080p source on the gt30 you honestly wonder just how much better it can be.
I'd take a check for $150.00 and leave mine as is..lol. How effective was the fix? I'm still debating whether to ask for it or leave it alone.
Thanks, sorry I meant to say your opinion on the difference in picture quality. My gt30 still looks incredible but i'm sure the zt60 blows it away.
I recently purchased a ZT60 and love it. I'm having it calibrated professionally and wanted to ask a question. To those that are calibrators, what are your thoughts on the CalMan 5 calibration software compared to the calibration software I've seen you using here? I had the calibrator use the CNET settings on Cinema mode and it looks fantastic. I'm going to compare that to what my guy gets with his calibration using the CalMan 5 software on Professional1 mode. Just curious to know if the light sensors and software make a big difference between calibration software kits in the end results.
Edited by repete66211 - 1/10/14 at 9:22am
I think those have the issue of green tint its not a color issue setting from the thxmode, to me its look like a mismatch from the gamma setting in the thxmode and your bluray player. I'am on pc and thxmode are really accurate no green tint at all and what i found its just lil change from the red color vs my pro-mode and i have more light output on my pro-calibration, near thx bright room.
A bad gamma setting or mismatch with bluray player can give you a green tint sometimes or yellow tint or washed out white .
My panel is fine tuned don't worry about me, i know you luv me.
I just said a wrong gamma setting can give issue looks like a wrong color setting, just that, no wrong info in this.
My panel don't have those issue but i'am on pc and my gamma curve is straight so what is the wrong info with my post tell me ?
You post wrong info coz i pay 230 for calibration was on sale and coz the man not do my 3D i complain and they gave me a refund of the half. It's mean i pay 115.00
Stop bla bla about me.
And i beleive you think your set is fine tuned, i highly doubt thats reality. You have been giving bad advice for a long time. Sharpness at 75 or something i believe you preached for a while.
I have CNet in cinema, Sammie in Pro1 and DNice in Pro2. I used S&V settings for a long time but decided there was too much of a blue push. Custom is different from the Pro modes and will give different results with the same settings. In picture menu you can copy adjustments from one picture mode to another.
I am assuming though if you want to try different self calibrations (various gamma targets, etc) you have the same "potential" in cinema vs custom vs pro modes?
Right. What I would like is the opportunity to personally calibrate say four different modes at the same time to quickly switch/test different gamma targets, panel brightness, etc. Wanted to make sure in theory I could get a great cal to the same target goals regardless of the picture mode that you start from - THX aside of course
In the service menu you can calibrate the Grey Scale (Only 2 point) that does effect the THX modes. Are you guys experiencing any color tint with black and white material in the THX modes? If so then yes, it can be dialed out in the service menu. I can't comment on mine as I calibrated my ZT in the Service Mode first and then did a complete calibration in the ISF modes. I never experienced the Green Tint issue you guys are.
Bob (mcjimsey) is right. Throw up a grayscale test pattern. Set to THX mode of your choice. If there is a green problem (or any other colour issue) it will show up there.
Ya i understand that, so you not plan to pré-order the 77 inch oled LG, hehehe just kidding you.
Even have the money for buy this oled not sure i will buy those first generation of oled, i think those first oled will have more issue then the future one at lower cost in 5 years.
Back on earth, I'd already have the TV paid if I hadn't been financing so many other projects of late (with more to come!).
Is this something I'll just have to live with or are there sets that don't have this problem?
First impressions: Not blown away just yet. LOTR seems grainy and at times pixels appear to be "dancing" fluttering? On hour 2 using Cinema mode with Contrast 50, Sharpness 0 and Brightness 0.
See my post...http://www.avsforum.com/t/1474480/official-zt60-owners-thread/6330#post_24184073
Seems fairly consistent with others...
- Official ZT60 Owners Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bare Bulb replacemnet for Benq W1070 1 minute ago
- › PlayStation 4 2 minutes ago
- › Single AE TD15-8M 4 minutes ago
- › Official Denon AVP-A1HD/AVP-A1HDCI and POA-A1HD/POA-A1HDCI owners... 4 minutes ago
- › VIKINGS on History 7 minutes ago
- › MHL 3.0 compatibility with MHL-enabled HDMI 1.4 port 8 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 Vizio Exxx-Bx Series owners thread 11 minutes ago
- › 2013 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Dimmer noise? 17 minutes ago
- › downloading and burning a windows 7 OS to DVD 20 minutes ago
- › SVS PB2000 by imagic
- › Onkyo TX-NR616 by mrpeso13
- › Last Of Us Ps3 by GOHAWK12
- › LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth by zerolimit
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe