or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › The Official Xbox One thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 375

post #11221 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

it is a lot longer than a few years.. my TV is 1080p and it is 8 years old!

Yes I got my first 1080P set in 2005. Although it only accepted 1080P on the VGA input. HDMI topped out at 1080i.
post #11222 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Good to hear. I'm still waiting for Amazon to ship the order on my Battery Charging station that you have. Ended up only paying $4.99 since I had a gift card. Not sure why it is not shipped since it was suppose to be available on the 22d.

I had originally planned to get mine from Amazon, but Gamestop had showed it in stock two weeks before the XBOne launched. So I got it from them with store credit instead. Although it was $5 more than Amazon.
post #11223 of 14783
I'm liking the x1 they do need to fix pt chat function and auto join or rather asking you constantly if other pt members in a different game other then that waiting on first update to fix/add some things. Overall I'm very happy with it.
post #11224 of 14783
Now it won't receive the signal from my Directv box. I'll have to unplug everything and re-plug. The DVR is powering up fine, but it keeps telling me it "took too long try again". Also in a strange twist, the settings option has completely disappeared...completely. if I still have problems after I re-plug everything, I'll have to do the unthinkable: return it. Sheesh.
post #11225 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

Now it won't receive the signal from my Directv box. I'll have to unplug everything and re-plug. The DVR is powering up fine, but it keeps telling me it "took too long try again". Also in a strange twist, the settings option has completely disappeared...completely. if I still have problems after I re-plug everything, I'll have to do the unthinkable: return it. Sheesh.
I have had this a few times. I just power off the Xbox and then unplug it (power cable), then wait 30 seconds, plug it back in and turn it on. This fixes that problem for me. I wonder when it gets that error if there was a handshake error somewhere with the two boxes. I usually get this problem if I am either changing the channel, or doing something with the DVR and then exiting out and going back to TV watching. Not sure why the TV app would just quit working all of sudden.
post #11226 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

I'm surprised that watching video of games from any ESPN site can be done without a cable subscription.

Gamecast isn't video. It's a web app that shows where the ball is on the field and a text based play by play.
post #11227 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I don't like the bumpers and the dpad at all. It's as much a regression as an improvement over the 360 controller. The sticks are much better and it's by no means a bad controller, but I much prefer the ds4.
Controllers are pesonal preference.....but dpad? First time MS has ever made one that didn't suck. biggrin.gif

There'll be clones on the market soon enough.........
post #11228 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Well my NiMH pack finally died in my Day One controller. No warning. I just lost the connection in the middle of Forza5 race. They really need to implement a battery level screen, and also have a warning when low. I got my second controller off the Nyko charging station, but by the time I was back up, thirty seconds had gone by. Anyway I certainly got several times the use out of one charge than people have been getting from their PS4 controllers.

I checked tonight when I lost connection and it seems to happen when the batteries drop below 12 volts.
post #11229 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey151 View Post

Controllers are pesonal preference.....but dpad? First time MS has ever made one that didn't suck. biggrin.gif

There'll be clones on the market soon enough.........

I agree. The d-pad on these new controllers are bar better than any 360 controller I've used. the new controllers very rarely trigger the wrong thing, like setting your weapon to single fire. smile.gif
post #11230 of 14783
I thought the later model 360 controllers (the ones where you could rotate it and make it a cross) were pretty damn good.
post #11231 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Well my NiMH pack finally died in my Day One controller. No warning. I just lost the connection in the middle of Forza5 race. They really need to implement a battery level screen, and also have a warning when low. I got my second controller off the Nyko charging station, but by the time I was back up, thirty seconds had gone by. Anyway I certainly got several times the use out of one charge than people have been getting from their PS4 controllers.

That seems like such a strange oversight, especially when the batteries are replaceable. It doesn't pop up a message or blink the controller light or anything? There has to be some indication.
post #11232 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

That seems like such a strange oversight, especially when the batteries are replaceable. It doesn't pop up a message or blink the controller light or anything? There has to be some indication.

EVen if it blinked the controller light I wouldn't notice. Since I'm rarely looking at the controller. I would need an on screen prompt to get my attention.
post #11233 of 14783
I think the battery compartment on the One's controller will end up being a problem. It feels likes the batteries are too loose in there and there is not a solid, constant connection. My controller has disconnected several times already.
post #11234 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

I think the battery compartment on the One's controller will end up being a problem. It feels likes the batteries are too loose in there and there is not a solid, constant connection. My controller has disconnected several times already.

Been playing Dead Rising 3 all week and we have constantly shook the controller to knock off a Zombie and haven't had one issue with the Duracells in the controller since launch.
post #11235 of 14783
For those using OTA, found a solution for the sub channel problem. If you hit the same channel again it cycles to the next sub channel. For instance if you want 26.3, you have to change the channel to the same channel 3 times. First time changes it to 26.1, second time 26.2 and third time to 26.3. I hope they patch this.
post #11236 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

Now it won't receive the signal from my Directv box. I'll have to unplug everything and re-plug. The DVR is powering up fine, but it keeps telling me it "took too long try again". Also in a strange twist, the settings option has completely disappeared...completely. if I still have problems after I re-plug everything, I'll have to do the unthinkable: return it. Sheesh.

I've had this happen a couple of times too. It also won't load a disc based game. I read on the Xbox forums that the One does not automatically clear it's memory, so it needs to be powered all the way down and restarted for this to happen.
post #11237 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

Now it won't receive the signal from my Directv box. I'll have to unplug everything and re-plug. The DVR is powering up fine, but it keeps telling me it "took too long try again". Also in a strange twist, the settings option has completely disappeared...completely. if I still have problems after I re-plug everything, I'll have to do the unthinkable: return it. Sheesh.
I have had this a few times. I just power off the Xbox and then unplug it (power cable), then wait 30 seconds, plug it back in and turn it on. This fixes that problem for me. I wonder when it gets that error if there was a handshake error somewhere with the two boxes. I usually get this problem if I am either changing the channel, or doing something with the DVR and then exiting out and going back to TV watching. Not sure why the TV app would just quit working all of sudden.

I found there's a section in settings(which I can't get to w/o voice command now-go figure) where you can pick the speed of the IR signal. It's default is recommended, so I changed it to fast. We'll see if that helps. I moved the Kinect up to the high shelf and angled it towards me. It still can't recognize me unless I lean forward in my chair(annoying). Hopefully, I can find a way to pin the settings menu. Kinect won't pin it by voice command...
post #11238 of 14783
Just set up the Xbox One. It did an "update." I attempted to start COD: Ghosts, but it just says "installing...1%" It's been doing this for the past 10 minutes. Is there something I'm missing here???? How long does it take to load a game?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim
post #11239 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by JlgLaw View Post

Just set up the Xbox One. It did an "update." I attempted to start COD: Ghosts, but it just says "installing...1%" It's been doing this for the past 10 minutes. Is there something I'm missing here???? How long does it take to load a game?

That would depend on the average speed that you're getting on your connection to MS' servers. The size of the download is 39.5 GB; I don't know how much has to be down before you can start playing.
post #11240 of 14783
Sorry, I bought this for my kids and nephews, not well versed in the install process with the Xbox One. I thought all the content was on the game disc I purchased. Why does it still need to reach the MS Servers'?? (Looking to be educated.smile.gif)

Thanks,

Jim
post #11241 of 14783
The game gets installed from the disc to the hard drive before it can be played.
post #11242 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by JlgLaw View Post

Sorry, I bought this for my kids and nephews, not well versed in the install process with the Xbox One. I thought all the content was on the game disc I purchased. Why does it still need to reach the MS Servers'?? (Looking to be educated.smile.gif)

Thanks,

Jim

There are several day one patches for many of the launch games. I am pretty sure Call of Duty is one of them so that is why he mentioned Microsoft Servers. Also all disc based games will need to be installed to the hard drive so even when there is not a patch that needs to be installed there will still be a delay before you can play games.
post #11243 of 14783
Okay, got it, thanks for the explanation. One last question, are these games "patches" accomplished automatically when I load a game, or is there something I must actually do to get the patch?

Thanks!



Jim
post #11244 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

Hopefully, I can find a way to pin the settings menu.

you can pin it like any other app. just hit the menu button on the controller and choose to pin. I definitely pinned the settings when the tile got pushed out of the history.
post #11245 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by JlgLaw View Post

Okay, got it, thanks for the explanation. One last question, are these games "patches" accomplished automatically when I load a game, or is there something I must actually do to get the patch?

Thanks!



Jim

You will be prompted to download the patch once you attempt to play the game and it is connected to the internet.
post #11246 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

I found there's a section in settings(which I can't get to w/o voice command now-go figure) where you can pick the speed of the IR signal. It's default is recommended, so I changed it to fast. We'll see if that helps. I moved the Kinect up to the high shelf and angled it towards me. It still can't recognize me unless I lean forward in my chair(annoying). Hopefully, I can find a way to pin the settings menu. Kinect won't pin it by voice command...

The good thing about kinect you can just say "Xbox, go to settings". This is how I always get to the settings. Whether in a game or app it has worked every time. Plus it seems like it would be quicker than using the controller.
post #11247 of 14783
Thanks spid, that explains it. The game has loaded, all is good.


Jim
post #11248 of 14783
At a local big box today they had 5 Xbones and zero PS4s. Plenty of games for each.
post #11249 of 14783
The PS4 has been on sale for a week longer than Xbox One; initial allocations are running out.
post #11250 of 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

it is a lot longer than a few years.. my TV is 1080p and it is 8 years old!

Well if your going to think about it that way, PC monitors have been doing it since the 90s. The 360/PS3 were considered to be a 720p generation. Even though they were both advertised as HD and 1080p originally the horsepower just wasn't there. So everyone assumed that their replacements would be the next step up at 1080p. This generation should be 1080p. Even PC's were only doing smooth 1080p only a few years ago. The fact that your TV from 8years ago was capable of 1080p means nothing if the horsepower in the console driving it isn't there. Honestly, people wanting 4k games - is a unrealistic dream for this generation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › The Official Xbox One thread...