or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › The Official Xbox One thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 386

post #11551 of 14802
Ok guys there seems to be a huge issue with the RGB range on either my 65VT60 or the PS4 and XB1

I set my tv to 16-235 standard and limited on the xb1 and it looks like the blacks and all are fine except in checking my checkerboard test picture out of the 28 boxes only the bottom row shows and the rest cannot be seen which means it is crushing blacks

When I put it to Auto on the TV instead of 16-235 it shows about 25 out of the 28 checkboards


On the PS4 if I put the PS4 to Auto for the RGB range and at 16-235 it crushes blacks badly but if i leave tv at 16-235 or auto and put the ps4 on limited it looks good on the checkerboard

Any ideas what is causing this

I mean my plasma 65VT60 is brand new so it should do rgb

If i put the xb1 on limited like it defaults and my tv to 16-235 it crushes the checkerboard but the xb1 calibration setting shows it works fine since i can put brightness at 4-5 and the eye dissapears

If I put the tv to auto for rgb range it washes out the eye to where i have to lower the brightness to -24 to make it dissapear but the test checker board works fine when on auto for the panny and limited for the xb1
post #11552 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbe View Post

I had no problems with dvd-r discs. Just as a test I used dvd shrink to fit a movie (I own it) on a verbatim 4.7 GB dvd-r and it played just fine on the One. It was the second one I did. Both played flawlessly. Unless you are talking about some other use for the discs, then I apologize for hijacking the thread. If you need any other info on what I did, just ask.

John... thanks for the reply.

It's awards season, and the approximately 40 screeners I received, the first one I tried to watch wouldn't play back in the XBox One or PS4, but will in the PS3...

Went to another one, and no issues.. so I put it into the computer and it says the file system is CDFS, but plays as a DVD video...

Put in another film, and it is UDF..... so obviously, a disc authoring "issue."

Nothing to see here.... smile.gif
post #11553 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

Ok guys there seems to be a huge issue with the RGB range on either my 65VT60 or the PS4 and XB1

I set my tv to 16-235 standard and limited on the xb1 and it looks like the blacks and all are fine except in checking my checkerboard test picture out of the 28 boxes only the bottom row shows and the rest cannot be seen which means it is crushing blacks

When I put it to Auto on the TV instead of 16-235 it shows about 25 out of the 28 checkboards


On the PS4 if I put the PS4 to Auto for the RGB range and at 16-235 it crushes blacks badly but if i leave tv at 16-235 or auto and put the ps4 on limited it looks good on the checkerboard

Any ideas what is causing this

I mean my plasma 65VT60 is brand new so it should do rgb

If i put the xb1 on limited like it defaults and my tv to 16-235 it crushes the checkerboard but the xb1 calibration setting shows it works fine since i can put brightness at 4-5 and the eye dissapears

If I put the tv to auto for rgb range it washes out the eye to where i have to lower the brightness to -24 to make it dissapear but the test checker board works fine when on auto for the panny and limited for the xb1

Does your TV have an HDMI Black Level setting (or something similar)? If that isn't set to 16-235 it could be messing with your blacks.
post #11554 of 14802
The Costco in Novato, CA has a bunch of XBones for $479.00. I counted a least 10 boxes.
post #11555 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

Ok guys there seems to be a huge issue with the RGB range on either my 65VT60 or the PS4 and XB1
The problem is your TV not the PS4 or XB1... although you could have the wrong settings to be sure. You might want to post your query in the thread dedicated to your model of TV because you're more likely to find someone with specific knowledge of your TV's settings.
post #11556 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post

The problem is your TV not the PS4 or XB1... although you could have the wrong settings to be sure. You might want to post your query in the thread dedicated to your model of TV because you're more likely to find someone with specific knowledge of your TV's settings.

No the problem is not the TV it is the console

This has been proven by many other forums of people complaining. My tv is new from this year and it is a high end tv that does RGB correct

I dont have the issue when watching direct tv

The issue is the xb1 that cannot do this right for a second time now since they also messed it up on the 360 until later patched
post #11557 of 14802
Well I just got some time to play my xbox one finally, I've been busy at work the the week. I've already been noticing some problems mad.gif . First every time I powered on the xbox one it would lag, freeze, and the audio would bug out. Finally I unplugged the power cord for 30 minutes and it worked. Then I spent all night playing need for speed rivals. I saved 800,000 points and unlocked a lot of stuff, now today I logged on and it's all gone. Would anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong?
post #11558 of 14802
When the Xbox One becomes a Set Top Box for my DirecTV or ships that killer app game.....I'm in.

Until then, I'll learn for the owner's experiences.....
post #11559 of 14802
I called xbox and they said theres no way to check your cloud or recover anything or check the consoles progress saves, wow so ill be playings games for hours and when stuff disapears theres no way to get it back, strike one for the xbox. I had my hopes up though
post #11560 of 14802
For anyone who needs a 12 month xbl card, they are on sale for $40 from Newegg http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380759051707
post #11561 of 14802
I got need for speed for my sister so we spent all day and night progressing far, she's pissed now that I told her it's all gone, what a waste eek.gif well I hope microsoft comes around. They told me there's only an issue with BF4 but when I looked online it's a known problem with the cloud server rebooting.
Edited by Blackmambakila - 12/8/13 at 7:52pm
post #11562 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

I called xbox and they said theres no way to check your cloud or recover anything or check the consoles progress saves, wow so ill be playings games for hours and when stuff disapears theres no way to get it back, strike one for the xbox. I had my hopes up though

That happened to me with the main campaign in BF4. Damn annoying. I started playing NFS Rivals on Friday night & played again Saturday & everything was still there. I'll be checking my save when I get home from work now knowing this.
post #11563 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

No the problem is not the TV it is the console

This has been proven by many other forums of people complaining. My tv is new from this year and it is a high end tv that does RGB correct

I dont have the issue when watching direct tv

The issue is the xb1 that cannot do this right for a second time now since they also messed it up on the 360 until later patched

I stayed away from the VT's last year because I read they had problems with their color decoders. I'm using an Xbox One on a 65ZT60 without any issues.
post #11564 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Cents View Post

That happened to me with the main campaign in BF4. Damn annoying. I started playing NFS Rivals on Friday night & played again Saturday & everything was still there. I'll be checking my save when I get home from work now knowing this.

Same thing happened to me too. Total BS.

Now I have to start all over.
post #11565 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

I stayed away from the VT's last year because I read they had problems with their color decoders. I'm using an Xbox One on a 65ZT60 without any issues.

Believe me it is not the tv. It is the xbox 1 that is having the issue.

They had it on the 360 until after a long time it was patched.

To test it on your set use the IE browser on the xb1 and go to this website: http://www.nicolaspeople.com/ch3rokeesblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/fullrgb_test.jpg

That will load a checkerboard of 28 boxes 4 rows of 7 and set the xb1 to rgb limited as it should be and HDMI/DVI Range on the TV to Auto

Now go back to the browser on the xb1 and look at the checkerboard. The 28 boxes should be mostly visible with the exception of perhaps the first couple

Now go to the XB1 calibration tool in the settings menu. Notice the Brightness section where it shows a shut eyeball on top and an open one on the bottom. It tells you to raise the brightness high and then start to lower it to make the top shut eye dissapear. Well it makes me go to -13 in brightness to make that eye dissapear.

Now go to the next section for contrast and see the sun it is suppose to barely be seen but it is well shown at default contrast levels.

It is all wrong....Many diff gaming forums have stated such and it has been proven that it is the xb1 not my tv

On the ps4 it works fine and so does my direct tv box
post #11566 of 14802
So you are saying the XBOne internal calibration settings are wrong? If adjustments are made like it says then you will not see those upper rows. But if you do make adjustments to see those upper rows, then it is way too bright of a picture. When I used the internal settings it matched what I got from a BD test pattern. Of course that BD is being played by the XBOne, but it also looks like what I get from my other bd players when playing the test pattern.

All my devices go though my DUO. My DUO is seeing what looks correct right not.
Edited by aaronwt - 12/8/13 at 7:51pm
post #11567 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Cents View Post

That happened to me with the main campaign in BF4. Damn annoying. I started playing NFS Rivals on Friday night & played again Saturday & everything was still there. I'll be checking my save when I get home from work now knowing this.

I don't mind there being problems at first but you know what I'm real mad about? Why when someone calls microsoft, they try to cover it up and act like there hasn't been that particular problem when we can see online that it is? They said to call the game manufacturer but it's a problem with there cloud crap! This was with need for speed and I had dozens of saves that disapeared. How does that happen? Then they tried to say it was my internet connection! Lol. I told them then how was I playing with other people around the world live for hours without any lag or problems. Then they said it saves on my console too, so where is that at? How do they both disapear? Dozens of individual saves and progress, they are sounding like idiots if you ask me. I've always been an xbox fan but it's too early for them to start with lies
post #11568 of 14802
Then I said my youtube ap has not been working, they said well it shows here there hasn't been any issues. Days later it finally works and you can see that they redid the whole menu and design for it on the xbox one. That was another lie smile.gif
post #11569 of 14802
I still like xbox but the support can suck it, they are morons and are giving xbox a bad image mad.gif
post #11570 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

So you are saying the XBOne internal calibration settings are wrong? If adjustments are made like it says then you will not see those upper rows. But if you do make adjustments to see those upper rows, then it is way too bright of a picture. When I used the internal settings it matched what I got from a BD test pattern. Of course that BD is being played by the XBOne, but it also looks like what I get from my other bd players when playing the test pattern.

All my devices go though my DUO. My DUO is seeing what looks correct right not.

The issue is not the internal calibration tool. The issue is that xb1 console cannot produce proper rgb levels just like the issue it had with the 360 before an update fixed it

You can set the calibration tool settings to match what the xb1 calibration tool says but then looking at the checkerboard pattern on the xb1 web browser will show the top 2 rows completely black and half of the 3rd line also black which is not accurate and is crushing black severly.

if i put the tv hdmi/dvi range level to auto it will put the checker board correctly showing most of the blocks but when going to the xb1 calibration tool the shut eye does not go away unless i lower the brightness levels to -13 on my set which 0 is default for brightness.

This is not an issue with the ps4 when you set the ps4 to auto for rgb range and auto on the tv plasma

did you check the link i posted for the checkerboard. I am not the only one saying this. It is in many sites.

Google it

The xb1 crushes blacks and it needs to be fixed.
post #11571 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

I still like xbox but the support can suck it, they are morons and are giving xbox a bad image mad.gif

some of the worst customer service i have ever experienced is with xbox support
post #11572 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

some of the worst customer service i have ever experienced is with xbox support

Tell me about it, i never had to call with the 360 but i figured theyd have a good team onboard for the one launch. I can tell this console is awesome, just doesnt make sense to be having these kind of issues and no support or answers for people. Im scratching my head right now
post #11573 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

The issue is not the internal calibration tool. The issue is that xb1 console cannot produce proper rgb levels just like the issue it had with the 360 before an update fixed it

You can set the calibration tool settings to match what the xb1 calibration tool says but then looking at the checkerboard pattern on the xb1 web browser will show the top 2 rows completely black and half of the 3rd line also black which is not accurate and is crushing black severly.

if i put the tv hdmi/dvi range level to auto it will put the checker board correctly showing most of the blocks but when going to the xb1 calibration tool the shut eye does not go away unless i lower the brightness levels to -13 on my set which 0 is default for brightness.

This is not an issue with the ps4 when you set the ps4 to auto for rgb range and auto on the tv plasma

did you check the link i posted for the checkerboard. I am not the only one saying this. It is in many sites.

Google it

The xb1 crushes blacks and it needs to be fixed.

It is working perfect for me. This is how I checked it. I downloaded the AVS calibration files here which include a black clipping file in the basic settings. I checked it on my Oppo 105 to my Panasonic 65ZT60 and made sure I could see 17 flashing. I then copied the same file to my Skydrive and played it on my xbox. I could still see 17 flashing so the Xbox One is not clipping blacks. Turning up the brightness on my tv even showed the below black information so the Xbox One isn't clipping the below black information either. The link you posted is to a full RGB test file of some sort. I'm not sure what relevance it has here.
Edited by mrlittlejeans - 12/8/13 at 10:42pm
post #11574 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

some of the worst customer service i have ever experienced is with xbox support

Your going to like this, so I just found out that my game progress on dead rising 3 disapeared too! I called support and just got done talking to them after 2 hours. I went through all these useless troubleshooting steps and then they transferred me to other specialists. I told them I dropped $1800.00 on this stuff and my game progress magically disappears. They said no one at their center has heard of this lol! I said if you search this problem it comes up all over the internet, how have you not heard of the cloud problem? So this person looks online while they're on the phone and says well I'm going to research this and call you back tomorrow. How can xbox support not know of a problem that many people are having and it's all over the internet? I told them so basically I can't even play none of my games and you can't even tell me a solution. So now what, do I return everything? Wow this is mind blowing, are they trying to cover this stuff up or what? I can't be the only one that's called, there's people everywhere with game progress issues, I see it with my own eyes online even on the xbox forums. There's even articles released talking about cloud issues going around. Geeez xbox, what's the deal?
post #11575 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

some of the worst customer service i have ever experienced is with xbox support

My experience so far is that Sony is worse, far worse. I spent two weeks calling in daily trying to get a simple password changed. There was nothing really wrong with my password, but when I logged onto my ps4 for the first time it corrupted something. 2 freakin weeks to convince them. On top of that I am on my 3rd PS4. Did Sony offer anything to me at the end of it all?nope.

Just say'n.
post #11576 of 14802
Thread Starter 
I very seriously doubt that the problem is that no one at xbox knows of these issues. It's just that they probably don't disseminate the information to the help centers very frequently. They should definitely be doing a better job of that. My guess is that they don't even tell the call center employees about the issues (or update there help documents) until there is a fix. Right now, doesn't seem to be a fix.
post #11577 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

The issue is not the internal calibration tool. The issue is that xb1 console cannot produce proper rgb levels just like the issue it had with the 360 before an update fixed it

You can set the calibration tool settings to match what the xb1 calibration tool says but then looking at the checkerboard pattern on the xb1 web browser will show the top 2 rows completely black and half of the 3rd line also black which is not accurate and is crushing black severly.

if i put the tv hdmi/dvi range level to auto it will put the checker board correctly showing most of the blocks but when going to the xb1 calibration tool the shut eye does not go away unless i lower the brightness levels to -13 on my set which 0 is default for brightness.

This is not an issue with the ps4 when you set the ps4 to auto for rgb range and auto on the tv plasma

did you check the link i posted for the checkerboard. I am not the only one saying this. It is in many sites.

Google it

The xb1 crushes blacks and it needs to be fixed.

Yes I checked the checkerboard pattern and checked further. WHen looking at the checkerboard patter through the XBOne, if I increase the brightness to see blocks in the upper row, then the picture looks wrong. But it also looks like content from a BD looks different from content from the Apps which also might be different from the games. Like the audio, the video might be inconsistent depending on what content is being watched. Not sure exactly but definitely after I set up from the internal XBOne calibration and then using a test pattern from a BD it is fine. But it seems like it might be a little dark with video from the apps.

With what I've seen so far on my system, I am more concerned with the audio issues present.
Edited by aaronwt - 12/9/13 at 6:06am
post #11578 of 14802
Not finding much info since they dropped the DRM, but can a Live account be shared per console or now is every account on the console required to have Live?
post #11579 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Your going to like this, so I just found out that my game progress on dead rising 3 disapeared too! I called support and just got done talking to them after 2 hours. I went through all these useless troubleshooting steps and then they transferred me to other specialists. I told them I dropped $1800.00 on this stuff and my game progress magically disappears. They said no one at their center has heard of this lol! I said if you search this problem it comes up all over the internet, how have you not heard of the cloud problem? So this person looks online while they're on the phone and says well I'm going to research this and call you back tomorrow. How can xbox support not know of a problem that many people are having and it's all over the internet? I told them so basically I can't even play none of my games and you can't even tell me a solution. So now what, do I return everything? Wow this is mind blowing, are they trying to cover this stuff up or what? I can't be the only one that's called, there's people everywhere with game progress issues, I see it with my own eyes online even on the xbox forums. There's even articles released talking about cloud issues going around. Geeez xbox, what's the deal?

It's customer service. Their first line of defense is that they don't know about it. This is not specific to MS customer service.

I only really started playing DR3 this weekend. But so far my saves have not been screwed up. But when I went back to playing, my save from launch day was still intact(I played 15 minutes on launch day).
Edited by aaronwt - 12/9/13 at 6:06am
post #11580 of 14802
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

It's customer service. Their first line of defense is that they don't know about it. This is not specific to MS customer service.

I only really started playing DR3 this weekend. But so far my saves have not been screwed up. But when I went back to playing, my save from launch day was still intact(I played 15 minutes on launch day).



Thats the fun part, its happens at random times after you spend hours or days on a game, then everything you do disapears and itll take gou back to when you were first playing the game. It could be soon or days after, even after youve saved it a hundred times and played a bunch of times itll just magically all disapear from cloud and not even show from your hard drive. The best part is that noone can even go into your hard drive or cloud, so noone can help or do anything, yeah this makes sense
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › The Official Xbox One thread...