or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › The Official Xbox One thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 493

post #14761 of 14775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

Are you in the preview program? If not, have you received the update that started rolling out last night?
You can use any USB that fits. However, make sure it's an actual data cable. Some USB cables that come with phone chargers only have the wires needed for power, not the data leads that the controller would need to update its firmware.

Those are the cables I've been using. My data cables for my HTC phone.
post #14762 of 14775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

Are you in the preview program? If not, have you received the update that started rolling out last night?
You can use any USB that fits. However, make sure it's an actual data cable. Some USB cables that come with phone chargers only have the wires needed for power, not the data leads that the controller would need to update its firmware.

Not in the preview program (first time in xbox history since I was a late 'One' adopter). Which brings up the next question, if I have it set to automatically update, how can I confirm the update was applied? Do I get a message the update was performed?

Sorry for what probably seem like obvious questions to most of you, but I've only had the One for a few weeks and the UI is completely foreign to me after having a 360 since launch.
post #14763 of 14775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

Are you in the preview program? If not, have you received the update that started rolling out last night?
You can use any USB that fits. However, make sure it's an actual data cable. Some USB cables that come with phone chargers only have the wires needed for power, not the data leads that the controller would need to update its firmware.
One quick way to check those USB cables would be to connect to a PC and see if you can transfer files back and forth. I have yet received a USB cable from a phone purchase where I could not transfer data (All smartphone purchases, so that may be part of it).
post #14764 of 14775
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

Not in the preview program (first time in xbox history since I was a late 'One' adopter). Which brings up the next question, if I have it set to automatically update, how can I confirm the update was applied? Do I get a message the update was performed?

Sorry for what probably seem like obvious questions to most of you, but I've only had the One for a few weeks and the UI is completely foreign to me after having a 360 since launch.
Understandable. If you're not in the preview program, you'll know when it updates because it will show a green progress bar at boot as the system updates the firmware, and probably get a message before that asking you to download the update. AFTER this update, you shouldn't see that anymore because the updates will happen overnight while the system is in low power mode unless you manually initiate an update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

One quick way to check those USB cables would be to connect to a PC and see if you can transfer files back and forth. I have yet received a USB cable from a phone purchase where I could not transfer data (All smartphone purchases, so that may be part of it).
Cables that come with smartphones are almost certainly USB data cables. However, the cables that come with some CHARGERS often omit the data leads and just have the wires for power. In that case, you might get power to the controller (so it would charge probably) but it won't show as connected to the system and won't transition from wireless to wired.
post #14765 of 14775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

AFTER this update, you shouldn't see that anymore because the updates will happen overnight while the system is in low power mode unless you manually initiate an update.

Iff you use the "Instant On" power mode and probably the "Automatically download updates" option of that (I can see where they might change those options).
post #14766 of 14775
Am I the only one who has to unplug my Xbox every morning to get the TV to function. When it powers up, it displays the screen that the STB is unplugged. Sometimes I still have audio though and it will still change channels. Pretty annoying, if it doesn't improve, I'll have to eliminate that feature.
post #14767 of 14775
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

Am I the only one who has to unplug my Xbox every morning to get the TV to function. When it powers up, it displays the screen that the STB is unplugged. Sometimes I still have audio though and it will still change channels. Pretty annoying, if it doesn't improve, I'll have to eliminate that feature.
Try switching the order of your HDMI cables and see if that helps.
post #14768 of 14775
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

Am I the only one who has to unplug my Xbox every morning to get the TV to function. When it powers up, it displays the screen that the STB is unplugged. Sometimes I still have audio though and it will still change channels. Pretty annoying, if it doesn't improve, I'll have to eliminate that feature.

I'm not having that issue on both of my XBOnes. At least not yet.
post #14769 of 14775
Can't wait for the manually check for updates thing. My Xbox STILL hasn't updated, despite being in Instant-On the whole time.
post #14770 of 14775
What is the latest firmware? I don't think mine has updated either.
post #14771 of 14775
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler webb View Post

What is the latest firmware? I don't think mine has updated either.

It end in 1830.
post #14772 of 14775
Had a similar issue. I swapped out the cable box/DVR with the cable co. for a better one and it helped a lot.
post #14773 of 14775
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post

Try switching the order of your HDMI cables and see if that helps.

I've troubleshot it, cables, etc..... Nothing works. I have to power it down completely and back to get the TV picture.
post #14774 of 14775
Here is an interesting article about the people and the services that keep Xbox Live going.

http://www.totalxbox.com/73483/features/disaster-squad-behind-the-scenes-at-the-xbox-live-operations-centre/
post #14775 of 14775
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › The Official Xbox One thread...