or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › The Official Xbox One thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 77

post #2281 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post

Apologies if this has already been posted, but Sony released a new 22 second video on its YouTube channel showing how complicated it will be to lend a game to a friend:

Pretty complicated stuff, huh? Nice to see Sony is actually trying to capitalize on intense market reaction from XBOX gamers with respect to the new policies of the XBOX 1 system.

I have no horse in this race, only the opinion that what Microsoft is doing with the XBOX 1 with respect to second-hand games, loaning games, selling used games, seemingly constant license fees and authentication to do anything is just ludicrous.

I guess I'll be reduced to playing Yars Revenge on the Atari 2600 before you know it . . .

Two words: The Future
post #2282 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1_8 View Post

Nothing like the announcement of a new console to bring me in from a several year posting hiatus. As an aside, part of my absence was due to frequent and lengthy deployments...something that could give some insight as to my opinion towards the XB1. To the point:

I'm going to go a little against the grain here and praise the XB1 for the audacious direction they are taking. Forcing the Kinect to be part of the system is, IMHO, a stroke of genius and the only way to pave a roadmap to a next generation gaming experience. For those who advocate selling an XB1 without the Kinect at a lower price point, I submit that would hamper progress. Creating an ecosystem of consistent hardware and capabilities, I believe, will enable developers to create gaming experiences that I haven't even considered yet. Bravo. Further, the 360 has been screaming to be more than a gaming console for ages. Anyone who has used it as a WMC extender knows just how much potential has always been there. It's nice to see MS embrace this and put it out there for everyone to see.

The term "Next Gen" is thrown around quite a bit and since there is no Websters definition, it becomes a very personal thing. Reading this forum and a number of other sources, I get the sense that many define Next Gen as improved graphics. And that's it. It's easy to see why...the experience of gaming on a console really hasn't changed dramatically since I was playing Space Invaders on my 2600. The biggest change in that time frame has been the fidelity of the graphics. Sure there are more buttons to press on the piece of plastic I hold in my hand, but the core interaction has been by and large static. I feel "Next Gen" ought to be more than just improved graphics. After seeing the tech demos of the Kinect 2.0, I'm pretty excited that after all these years something is going to change for the better...hopefully across the spectrum of games and not just in a few niche scenarios.

To those fearing the Kinect and privacy concerns: modern smartphones have multiple HD cameras, a microphone and a constant connection to the internet. If you're the proud owner of one of these devices, the Kinect should not bother you at all. To the point of requiring an internet connection: It's the 21st century. The time to move forward is now and this generation is likely to last for upwards of 10 years. The world is over being offline...the future is online. I appreciate the paradigm shift and think the Xbox world will be better for it. And I'm saying that as a person who is certain to deploy again, probably multiple times and I have zero chance of getting to the internet in the places I go to. I'm bummed about that, but I'm glad MS didn't hamper progress on my account...I'm certain folks like me comprise an extremely small percentage of the target demographic. Finally, kudos for embracing the digital download model. Physical media has been dying a slow death for many moons now and I'm ready to see it go. Plus, I'm getting too old to keep going to the midnight launches of the next COD title biggrin.gif

That's it...I'm out. It's good to be back and I look forward to reading everyone else's opinion. Cheers...
+1,000,000. You said pretty much everything I've said thus far. People are clinging to the status quo but still expecting innovation, and those two things don't really work together. I'm excited that Kinect is included - especially after hearing how it's used in Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. I'm excited that cloud processing will now give us better AI than we have ever seen (which is more important than graphics to me). I embrace the changes that Microsoft is making, and even if it doesn't work out for them in the short term, I think a few years down the line, we're going to continue to see the same evolution we saw on the 360 (which changed massively over its lifespan). And then, as others have had to do as a reaction to Xbox Live, we'll see everyone else copy what Microsoft did on the NEXT generation.

I played Black Ops 2 last night with a friend who is in the Army and he dragged in two of the guys in their unit. Had a good conversation with them about how all this works, and the quote was, "If we have power, we usually have internet, and if we don't, we've got other things to worry about." Was interesting to hear that from 3 soldiers. (But man, I hope the one guy shoots better in the field than he does in Call of Duty! He went 4 and 12 once! Heh...) Still, I hope Microsoft figures out a way to hook them up. Other than that, I'm good with this new evolution of gaming.
post #2283 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

Two words: The Future
Two words Sony couldn't spell if you spotted them all but the final "e".

"this is how you share your games on Playstation................................because Al Gore hasn't clued us into this whole internet thing" biggrin.gif
post #2284 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

Also no one should be concerned about gamertags on your friends console either. Just like the 360 now with your gamertag in the cloud you can put a passcode lock and or require you log into your Windows Live account every time for login.
Yup. I leave my gamertag on my friend's system for when we play Rock Band at parties. And if I'm able to set up sharing to him on Xbox One, maybe whatever the NEXT Rock Band is will let me not have to carry my DLC over there on a freakin' USB stick like I'm having to do now.
post #2285 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

So none of the headsets that most gamers use (PC360 for example) will not work with the new console? If so, I won't feel entirely bad about the $200 I spent on cans...as I bought ones that are excellent with both gaming and music (Senn 598's).
No, you won't be able to use legacy headsets from what I can tell. But since the new controllers are able to receive the full surround sound from the console directly, plugging in one of the new headsets will give you surround + chat in headphones with just a wire to the controller. And as much as I like stuff I've used by Turtle Beach and Tritton, I really want to check out Polk Audio's Xbox One headset. It looks slick as hell! But for now, I'm just gonna go with the regular old wired headset since I'm playing in 9.2 in my living room.
post #2286 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1_8 View Post

Nothing like the announcement of a new console to bring me in from a several year posting hiatus. As an aside, part of my absence was due to frequent and lengthy deployments...something that could give some insight as to my opinion towards the XB1. To the point:

I'm going to go a little against the grain here and praise the XB1 for the audacious direction they are taking. Forcing the Kinect to be part of the system is, IMHO, a stroke of genius and the only way to pave a roadmap to a next generation gaming experience. For those who advocate selling an XB1 without the Kinect at a lower price point, I submit that would hamper progress. Creating an ecosystem of consistent hardware and capabilities, I believe, will enable developers to create gaming experiences that I haven't even considered yet. Bravo. Further, the 360 has been screaming to be more than a gaming console for ages. Anyone who has used it as a WMC extender knows just how much potential has always been there. It's nice to see MS embrace this and put it out there for everyone to see.

The term "Next Gen" is thrown around quite a bit and since there is no Websters definition, it becomes a very personal thing. Reading this forum and a number of other sources, I get the sense that many define Next Gen as improved graphics. And that's it. It's easy to see why...the experience of gaming on a console really hasn't changed dramatically since I was playing Space Invaders on my 2600. The biggest change in that time frame has been the fidelity of the graphics. Sure there are more buttons to press on the piece of plastic I hold in my hand, but the core interaction has been by and large static. I feel "Next Gen" ought to be more than just improved graphics. After seeing the tech demos of the Kinect 2.0, I'm pretty excited that after all these years something is going to change for the better...hopefully across the spectrum of games and not just in a few niche scenarios.

To those fearing the Kinect and privacy concerns: modern smartphones have multiple HD cameras, a microphone and a constant connection to the internet. If you're the proud owner of one of these devices, the Kinect should not bother you at all. To the point of requiring an internet connection: It's the 21st century. The time to move forward is now and this generation is likely to last for upwards of 10 years. The world is over being offline...the future is online. I appreciate the paradigm shift and think the Xbox world will be better for it. And I'm saying that as a person who is certain to deploy again, probably multiple times and I have zero chance of getting to the internet in the places I go to. I'm bummed about that, but I'm glad MS didn't hamper progress on my account...I'm certain folks like me comprise an extremely small percentage of the target demographic. Finally, kudos for embracing the digital download model. Physical media has been dying a slow death for many moons now and I'm ready to see it go. Plus, I'm getting too old to keep going to the midnight launches of the next COD title biggrin.gif

That's it...I'm out. It's good to be back and I look forward to reading everyone else's opinion. Cheers...



Ps - Stay safe, and thank you for your service!
post #2287 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

Yup. I leave my gamertag on my friend's system for when we play Rock Band at parties. And if I'm able to set up sharing to him on Xbox One, maybe whatever the NEXT Rock Band is will let me not have to carry my DLC over there on a freakin' USB stick like I'm having to do now.

You shouldn't even have to use your USB stick. If you want your able to copy or download them all to his 360 when your playing.
post #2288 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

+1,000,000. You said pretty much everything I've said thus far. People are clinging to the status quo but still expecting innovation, and those two things don't really work together. I'm excited that Kinect is included - especially after hearing how it's used in Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. I'm excited that cloud processing will now give us better AI than we have ever seen (which is more important than graphics to me). I embrace the changes that Microsoft is making, and even if it doesn't work out for them in the short term, I think a few years down the line, we're going to continue to see the same evolution we saw on the 360 (which changed massively over its lifespan). And then, as others have had to do as a reaction to Xbox Live, we'll see everyone else copy what Microsoft did on the NEXT generation.

I played Black Ops 2 last night with a friend who is in the Army and he dragged in two of the guys in their unit. Had a good conversation with them about how all this works, and the quote was, "If we have power, we usually have internet, and if we don't, we've got other things to worry about." Was interesting to hear that from 3 soldiers. (But man, I hope the one guy shoots better in the field than he does in Call of Duty! He went 4 and 12 once! Heh...) Still, I hope Microsoft figures out a way to hook them up. Other than that, I'm good with this new evolution of gaming.

Agreed, as I've been saying the same stuff. Hell, part of me feels like Sony will be playing catch-up to MS with all of these changes for the next few years.

You play Core or HC? If you're down for some HC send me a friend request (as there are a few of us on AVS that play HC all the time).

GT in my sig.
post #2289 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

No, you won't be able to use legacy headsets from what I can tell. But since the new controllers are able to receive the full surround sound from the console directly, plugging in one of the new headsets will give you surround + chat in headphones with just a wire to the controller. And as much as I like stuff I've used by Turtle Beach and Tritton, I really want to check out Polk Audio's Xbox One headset. It looks slick as hell! But for now, I'm just gonna go with the regular old wired headset since I'm playing in 9.2 in my living room.

You playing on a TV then? If so you've got to move over to a gaming monitor, especially with FPS's. It makes arguably the biggest difference in these games (can't stress this enough, as they have almost no input lag whatsoever).
post #2290 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

This is the countries with Live. That is not launch support, it is console support they should have developed with 360. No Live, no 360.

Xbox One-Supported Xbox Live Countries

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

VPN

Problem solved. What I have used for all my military deployments.

You need VPN outside the US to even make purchases. If you are outside the US, you can connect to Live but won't have the capability of making purchases unless you are connected by VPN. People in countries without Live have probably been doing this.


StrongVPN.com
post #2291 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey151 View Post

Not sure you continued posting of rational/logical thoughts has any place in this thread biggrin.gif
Which is exactly what I find funny................"oh, gasp, it has to connect X times per Y timeframe". Got $20 says these are the same @sshats who use the phone in the dumper. Bet they're the same ones ranting about DRM while being Crapple evangelists.
What makes you think they're not being paid for this activity? Common enough & pretty evident given most of the "concerns" are BS. There are questions to be answered but the incessant "fail" rants tell me it's a) fanboy b) paid.
It was funny.

It is interesting that anyone with an opposing viewpoint is immediately a troll and fanboy who is inconsistent in their actions. This is a good way to validate feeling and thoughts for yourself but has no foundation in the real world.
post #2292 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

So none of the headsets that most gamers use (PC360 for example) will not work with the new console? If so, I won't feel entirely bad about the $200 I spent on cans...as I bought ones that are excellent with both gaming and music (Senn 598's).

The output should be fine....as long as you have an optical/Dolby digital decoder somewhere in the chain, like a receiver or mixamp.

As far as the chat....still up in the air until they show some sort of adapter that can convert the standard mic jack that the 360 used, into something the x1 can accept.
post #2293 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

1) Kinect needs to be removed as a requirement. Allow the people to unplug it, without affecting the console use.

2) There needs to be a backup system if XBL is offline.

3) They need to be more transparent about the entire DRM process and why its necessary for playing games off a HDD, with no disc.

4) If you have the physical disc, you should be able to play the game off the disc with no DRM or online connection necessary.

5) They need to hire a PR firm and create a FAQ to outline the above information. It would go a LONG ways towards changing opinions that the XB1 is too restricted & evading privacy.

I can agree with all those points except no 1. Actually I'd modify it. Inclusion in the box still needs to be standard but the actual connection requirement needs to be relaxed. I don't need voice commands, etc. so while it's nice it shouldn't be forced on us for the sake of advancing an agenda. A true offline mode is going to happen, I guarantee it. There's no way they're going to be able to keep the always on mantra going once the real world shows them it's not as viable as they think it is. As for being transparent on DRM, that's going to be the hardest thing for people to get a grip on since we've been soo used to physical game media forever. If music can make the transition though we can to. I like not needing the disc and if they need authentication for game downloads, fine. Make it a weekly thing though, not daily. That just reeks of paranoia. Disc authentication is something I figured they'd be ok with allowing should an inet connection not be present. I can understand the limits placed on digital files, sure, but a physical disc you have yourself that becomes useless once you install it even though it should be the number one reference point for authentication? Ridiculous, bizarre, and dumb. I suspect that will be one of the first changes we will see.

Finally, for a PR firm I've been championing this for the past few days now. They need an evangelist for the platform. Someone who will be the front facing personality of the Xbox. he/she needs to be able to relate and sell the platform without seeming like a salesman. While not quite the same thing the Kevin Butler character Sony used for a few years was genius and was a very easy way to identify with the platform. He was endearing, funny, and self effacing so he didn't come across as disconnected or out of touch, something Don Mattrick very much comes across as. Again they need a true salesman for the platform, but not someone who just seems like a shill. I always thought J Allard could have been that person with time but that ship's sailed so if we're having execs speak for the system with either conflicting or off putting messages something's wrong. They need to fix the PR issue the system has. It can be done and frankly there's a lot to be excited about with the system but damn if they're doing their best to convince the consumer otherwise.
post #2294 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

You playing on a TV then? If so you've got to move over to a gaming monitor, especially with FPS's. It makes arguably the biggest difference in these games (can't stress this enough, as they have almost no input lag whatsoever).
I'm playing on an Epson 8500UB projector. Yes, I know... not the best for input lag, but I do okay with it. I know a gaming monitor would probably improve my K/D... but man, gaming on a 100" screen = NIRVANA.
post #2295 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

Is there any way with the new controller for Microsoft to release an adapter that plugs into the controller that does virtual surround sound? Could it just have the two 3.5mm plugs and the console sends the audio out?

The short answer is yes. But the simpler one is to just build a digital switch that is activated ingame. Or enabled manually in the setup menu of the console, or by kinect. And delivered via an optical interface between the controller, console and amplified headphone or mixamp. At most the setup shouldn't require more than 2 optical cable interphases (console to adapter...or console to mixamp...or console direct to amplified headset.. I'm unsure if Blutooth or wireless would work very well with this kind of application. I find that most of those suffer too much from intermittent noises...crackling and dropouts. I personally would prefer a direct optical wired approach to an amplified adapter built right into the headphone itself.
post #2296 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post

Funny, I thought debating the pros and cons of this new platform and their new approach to competing in this market was the entire point of this thread!

I don't know what in the title of the thread made you think that biggrin.gif.

The problem is that many people here haven't had anything to post but criticisms. It's clear that they no longer have any interest in owning an Xbox One, if they ever did, but are now only interested in putting it down and trying to convince others that they shouldn't be interested in owning one either rolleyes.gif. Take that recent post of a YouTube clip of a Sony exec showing how easy it is to lend a PS4 game--that was just trolling, pure and simple. We all know that Sony is making book on their less restrictive DRM; we don't need to have every jab that they take at it posted in a discussion of the Xbox One.
post #2297 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1_8 View Post


To those fearing the Kinect and privacy concerns: modern smartphones have multiple HD cameras, a microphone and a constant connection to the internet. If you're the proud owner of one of these devices, the Kinect should not bother you at all. ...


So, you have your smartphone sitting on a stand in front of your TV staring at your sofa and living room area 24 hours per day always watching and always listening and reporting back to the NSA ?


(ok, so the NSA part might be a stretch... key word "might", lol)


By the way, full disclosure, I'm the first person on the pre-order list at my GameStop, so I'm not exactly anti-xbone.
post #2298 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

1) Kinect needs to be removed as a requirement. Allow the people to unplug it, without affecting the console use.

2) There needs to be a backup system if XBL is offline.

3) They need to be more transparent about the entire DRM process and why its necessary for playing games off a HDD, with no disc.

4) If you have the physical disc, you should be able to play the game off the disc with no DRM or online connection necessary.

5) They need to hire a PR firm and create a FAQ to outline the above information. It would go a LONG ways towards changing opinions that the XB1 is too restricted & evading privacy.

Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

............There's no way they're going to be able to keep the always on mantra going once the real world shows them it's not as viable as they think it is..........

The way I read this
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

........
"We listen to the community and we will respond to where the business, the creators, and the gamers are going. But I don't want to people to take that wrong. Our policy is our policy, and we've stated it. We wanted to put it up [on Xbox Wire] in unambiguous terms. 'Here's what our policy is.'
........

is MS is standing by their current policy, and they don't intend to back down. Doesn't sound like they "listen to the community" to me. Am I interpreting that wrong?
post #2299 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMastr View Post

It's one thing to see the internet ablaze with FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, & Doubt), but I hold this site to a higher standard!


...lol kidding! Some people here are just as ridiculous--I learned that during the HDDVD/Bluray war! Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the sensible ones here, but have you guys noticed that the less sensational you are about these topics, it's like you never posted ANYTHING?...your post is completely ignored--people just want to go to war I guess.

My favorites are the ones that pretend they were in Xbox's camp (if that makes any sense--it's a product to buy, not something to ally oneself with), but now they're switching to PS! LOL and their reasons are so "sensible"--Microsoft is anti-consumer, anti-gamer, spying on you...and what else? Oh yeah...anti-military--no FUD there!

And then you have the ones that try to fire back by saying that publisher's will restrict gamers on the PS4 anyway...because, you know, publishers are evil--I mean publishers are anti-consumer, anti-gamer, spying on you...and what else? Oh yeah...anti-military--sounds logical.

Now we have a "sky is falling" situation people...the once every 24 hour online check-in is the real deal! FOR REALZ THIS IS NOT A DRILL! Don't you people understand what this means? Let me give you some perspective, because you guys aren't panicking enough:...

Want to blame someone for FUD? Give MS a call. Their Schrödinger's Xbox simultaneously will/won't play used games, will/won't need a daily checkup, will/won't...blah, blah, blah. If they'd just "answer the question, Claire!" all would be resolved. At this point, reiterating anything from MS' mouth is spreading FUD. The far more disconcerting thing is those that would attempt to infect everyone with their DUF (Draconian Unwarranted Fanboism) by their unrelenting defense of said mystery box for no other reason than "I don't want to lose my friends that don't even own it yet/ I don't like the controller that I can easily swap out/ I hate Sony because they created BluRay, etc.."

Also, in regard to BR, I find it amusing that you brought that up. How many of the thousands of AVSers stuck by swearing on their grandmother's graves that "they would never, ever, ever buy a BluRay player?" Probably the same 0.00000000000001% that will rip Sony's BD drive out of their One upon unboxing. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Lastly, let's not talk about Skyfall. I don't think I can ever get the putrid stench of that film out of my head. wink.giffrown.gif
post #2300 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

So, you have your smartphone sitting on a stand in front of your TV staring at your sofa and living room area 24 hours per day always watching and always listening and reporting back to the NSA ?


(ok, so the NSA part might be a stretch... key word "might", lol)


By the way, full disclosure, I'm the first person on the pre-order list at my GameStop, so I'm not exactly anti-xbone.

If ANYONE not just the NSA wanted to they can find where you are exactly at with your phone. Let me see, Kinect just sitting in my home or a cell phone that is trackable all over the world?
post #2301 of 14781
Honestly I am bothered by some things, other things no.

Kinect - bugs me but not necessarily a deal breaker. Where I do 99% of my XBOX gaming is my office and there is no way in hell I could ever play anything based on movement in there ... EVER! So forcing me to have Kinect on this system is annoying and stupid. Mine will simply have to be turned off/disabled/privacied or whatever it is they intend to have as I have no need for it whatsoever.

DD vs. Discs - annoyed by this a fair bit. For me personally not a huge issue as I would prefer to have DD of "my games" that I play and make my life simpler BUT they DD games should be cheaper than a store bought case game ... period. Where this will hurt my household is for my son. He gets games plays them, beats them and then has little need for them. We often trade them in to GS or sell on CL and he then has some money to get another game or several used games that are new to him. Everyone can bitch all they want about GS and their prices, trade-in values etc but I can tell you that we quite frequently make out very well when we do this and it gets new things for my kid to play. Therefore Xbone and its new ways will be bad for him (i.e. me)

DRM - I guess I am ok with it. Don't like not being able to share with other people however and whenever I want but its the way of the future .. I get that. Just don't try to hide MS and make it seem like the developers are the ones that are making you do this. If they were they would be making Nintendo and Sony do it too. Be honest about it, take your tongue lashings, and move on.

Media abilities - i think its all well and good and at some point I might delve into its features. I have DTV Genie service and I use Dune Media players to play my DVD/BR library from my server and if I could possibly whittle things down to 1 box (hell just 2 would be ok as well) that worked well I would be a happy guy.

Headsets - this one REALLY annoys me. While several have said that companies like Astro etc will make adapters at some point I am still as annoyed as ever about it. That being said I would most definitely love to get away from all the cables I am currently dealing with between my Mixamp, PC360 etc - they are beyond frustrating. It still irks me that I have $200-$300 worth of headset crap I will no longer be able to use (unless I go PS4).

Price - $499 is too much IMHO. $399 I think they sell a whole lot more but hey the price is what it is. Pay it or not.

Overall I am still mixed on what I will do. I did preorder the Day One Edition but who knows if I will keep that order or not. As I said earlier I will go where my friends end up whether that be Xbone, PS4, or we all stay on 360.
post #2302 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post

Yep.
The way I read this
is MS is standing by their current policy, and they don't intend to back down. Doesn't sound like they "listen to the community" to me. Am I interpreting that wrong?

You cannot change your policy every time someone whines. At some point you come up with a strategy, you try it and you do listen and overtime you can amend your policy if you find its just not working out.
That's actually one of the issues with our politicians these days is they spend too much time looking at polls and not trying to actually lead. So I can respect MS attempt to lead and set a policy and stand bye it. Only time will tell if it will work out (if it will be a good thing for all in the end) or if it will not work out and they change their policies (or cling to a hard-line and go down in a flaming mass rebellion.).
Not everything they are proposing is bad and certainly not everything is good. A successful compromise is one where everyone gets and gives a little.
post #2303 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

So, you have your smartphone sitting on a stand in front of your TV staring at your sofa and living room area 24 hours per day always watching and always listening and reporting back to the NSA ?


(ok, so the NSA part might be a stretch... key word "might", lol)


By the way, full disclosure, I'm the first person on the pre-order list at my GameStop, so I'm not exactly anti-xbone.

I may be in the minority, but I'd venture to say I spend as much time (if not more) out of each day with my face pointed at my phone/tablet than I do with my face pointed at my TV. My wife does say I spend too much time on my iPad though, so YMMV wink.gif
post #2304 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

You playing on a TV then? If so you've got to move over to a gaming monitor, especially with FPS's. It makes arguably the biggest difference in these games (can't stress this enough, as they have almost no input lag whatsoever).

Less lag on an RP DLP than an LCD gaming monitor.
post #2305 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post



Ps - Stay safe, and thank you for your service!

I'm sorry, but that is a terrible use of that MEME.

Comment needs to be 1770'ified please.

smile.gif
post #2306 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHDTVDiet View Post

You cannot change your policy every time someone whines.

Someone?

A near unanimous shout, even coming from the media and tech sites, isn't someone. Someone is the few trying to call a turd sandwich a rose or saying taking away choice and ownership doesn't matter.
post #2307 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Less lag on an RP DLP than an LCD gaming monitor.

CNet finally got on the ball and will be reviewing input lag going forward, which is nice. It'll be interesting to see if manufactures start worrying about the trade off of processing vs input speed now that more people are becoming aware of it.
post #2308 of 14781
You know, one thing I find kinda funny about the whole "log into your game library on any Xbox One". Go to your friends house and log into their Xbox and play all your games without any problems.


Ok, so I go over to my friends house, log into his Xbox One, and then wait about 3 days for the freaking game to download and then play ? I mean really....
post #2309 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

You know, one thing I find kinda funny about the whole "log into your game library on any Xbox One". Go to your friends house and log into their Xbox and play all your games without any problems.


Ok, so I go over to my friends house, log into his Xbox One, and then wait about 3 days for the freaking game to download and then play ? I mean really....

1. If you two are sharing games he can download the game and have it playing before you get there.

2. Bring the disc...

3. Put the game on a USB Flashdrive and take it with you.
post #2310 of 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Honestly I am bothered by some things, other things no.

DRM - I guess I am ok with it. Don't like not being able to share with other people however and whenever I want but its the way of the future .. I get that. Just don't try to hide MS and make it seem like the developers are the ones that are making you do this. If they were they would be making Nintendo and Sony do it too. Be honest about it, take your tongue lashings, and move on.

You will be able to share games. See this post for more info. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1474708/the-official-xbox-one-thread/2250#post_23421824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

You know, one thing I find kinda funny about the whole "log into your game library on any Xbox One". Go to your friends house and log into their Xbox and play all your games without any problems.


Ok, so I go over to my friends house, log into his Xbox One, and then wait about 3 days for the freaking game to download and then play ? I mean really....

I'm pretty sure I read you can start playing games before they finish downloading. I could be wrong, but I thought I recall reading/hearing that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › The Official Xbox One thread...