or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › The Official Xbox One thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 2

post #31 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

From gamespot.com.

"We're committed to Japan," Microsoft president of Interactive Entertainment Business Don Mattrick told OXM during a roundtable discussion recently.

"We continue to build on our partnerships, we continue to build on our offerings for consumers inside of that space," he added.

Mattrick explained that Japan is an "important" market for Microsoft's gaming business and said the company's investment in the region will not slow down.

"We think it's an important market. And we'll continue building on the working investment that we've done over all these years," Mattrick said. "There'll be more news in appropriate ways [for each geographical region], including the content partners, all classes of content, what's been tweaked and what's the same as what we're rolling out in the US."

Yet all this important tv and football functionality they are pushing is basically meaningless in Europe and Japan. MS did a poor job with Surface and I wonder what will happen here.
post #32 of 14773
I always thought the 360 controller was mile sahead of the PS3 controller. Plus with my arthritis and carpel tunnel, ten or fifiteen minutes with the PS3 controller would make my hands ache very badly. But several hours on the 360 controller and my hands would fell mnothing like that short time with the PS3 controller.

So hopefully with the improvements with the XBOne controller it will fell even better in my hands. Especially since I've had even more issues with my hand. Specicfially my left thumb has need a few cortisone shots over the last couple of years. I'm at my limit so I'll need to get outpatient surgery on it next. I'll need to make sure I have enough time to heal before the XBOne is released. Since I'm hoping I can get a launch system.
post #33 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

The real problem is South America and China. SA has been one of the fastest growing console markets, but their ISP coverage isn’t so great. China has been relaxing their grip on forging IP as of late, and that has included green lighting this gen console sales. Next gen will probably be the first big push into that market.

Google is already on it for Africa and Asia.



http://new.younews.in/story.php?title=google-may-use-blimps-to-give-africa-wi-fi
post #34 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I always thought the 360 controller was mile sahead of the PS3 controller. Plus with my arthritis and carpel tunnel, ten or fifiteen minutes with the PS3 controller would make my hands ache very badly. But several hours on the 360 controller and my hands would fell mnothing like that short time with the PS3 controller.

So hopefully with the improvements with the XBOne controller it will fell even better in my hands. Especially since I've had even more issues with my hand. Specicfially my left thumb has need a few cortisone shots over the last couple of years. I'm at my limit so I'll need to get outpatient surgery on it next. I'll need to make sure I have enough time to heal before the XBOne is released. Since I'm hoping I can get a launch system.
Damn man, if controllers mess your hand uo that much you might need to look for something else. I also prefer the 360 controller, but I can handle the ps34 controller just fine. In fact, I am kind of excited to try out the dual shock 4 later this year.
post #35 of 14773
You can also buy a $20 device that allows you to use the 360 controller with the PS3 and vice versa.
post #36 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

You can also buy a $20 device that allows you to use the 360 controller with the PS3 and vice versa.
I had heard about that before but never tried it. My PS3 mostly gathers dust now since I have other devices that do a better job with the streaming apps now. And i stopped using it to watch movies when they got hacked.. Maybe I'll try something with the PS4, but I can't see getting the PS4 until later. I'll only be getting one launch system and it will be the XBOne. And with accessories and games I'm sure it will be expensive enough. I don't need to add a second system into the mix until later.
post #37 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

Google is already on it for Africa and Asia.



http://new.younews.in/story.php?title=google-may-use-blimps-to-give-africa-wi-fi

I can haz Google Fiber now?

frown.gif
post #38 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

I can haz Google Fiber now?

frown.gif

yeah they need to come to OKC before going elsewhere smile.gif
post #39 of 14773
Sorry, had to:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Least were getting some LOLz out of this. Hopefully the 180 is announced at E3 along with a nice portfolio of games.
post #40 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Least were getting some LOLz out of this.

That was a good one biggrin.gif. Microsoft deserves every bit of the negative PR the mandatory Kinect BS is generating. Such an idiotic idea rolleyes.gif.
Edited by michaeltscott - 5/28/13 at 6:45pm
post #41 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

Yet all this important tv and football functionality they are pushing is basically meaningless in Europe and Japan. MS did a poor job with Surface and I wonder what will happen here.


Well, in England, there is somewhat of an underground movement of people being interested in the NFL. I'm on a few fantasy football boards, and there are members there from England that are very into American football, it's kinda funny. Do people in mainland Europe play some type of fantasy futbol (soccer) ? What about South America ? Maybe they could integrate that into the mix to help with marketing.
post #42 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Well, in England, there is somewhat of an underground movement of people being interested in the NFL. I'm on a few fantasy football boards, and there are members there from England that are very into American football, it's kinda funny. Do people in mainland Europe play some type of fantasy futbol (soccer) ? What about South America ? Maybe they could integrate that into the mix to help with marketing.
If this is planned, it has not been revealed. Japan and Europe received the same reveal and some were not too happy about the UScentricity of it.
post #43 of 14773
Surely there will be a version of this for the new Kinect biggrin.gif.
post #44 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

That was a good one biggrin.gif. Microsoft deserves every bit of the negative PR the mandatory Kinect BS is generating. Such an idiotic idea rolleyes.gif.

Since it's mandatory maybe it will be used more by developers. They may be more apt to design for it knowing they everyone has it. It doesn't have to be full blown jumping around usage. How about games having the ability to move through menus with voice commands? You start up COD, you say "Hardcore Team Deathmatch" and you are in that game type searching for a new game.
post #45 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Since it's mandatory maybe it will be used more by developers. They may be more apt to design for it knowing they everyone has it. It doesn't have to be full blown jumping around usage. How about games having the ability to move through menus with voice commands? You start up COD, you say "Hardcore Team Deathmatch" and you are in that game type searching for a new game.

the last thing i want is more kinect implementation..
post #46 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Surely there will be a version of this for the new Kinect biggrin.gif.

Won't it need to be an official version that is approved by MS? smile.gif
post #47 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Since it's mandatory maybe it will be used more by developers. They may be more apt to design for it knowing they everyone has it. It doesn't have to be full blown jumping around usage. How about games having the ability to move through menus with voice commands? You start up COD, you say "Hardcore Team Deathmatch" and you are in that game type searching for a new game.

That would be an excellent use. The more options where Kinect can be used the better.
post #48 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

the last thing i want is more kinect implementation..

+1
post #49 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

That would be an excellent use. The more options where Kinect can be used the better.

+1
post #50 of 14773
I'm pretty anti-kinect. But if they can implement it in non-obstrusive ways then I'll give it a shot.
post #51 of 14773
If you cover Kinect 2, I'm sure you're going to have problems. The new controller has an IR emitter on the top much like the lightbar on the new PS4 controllers so that Kinect 2 can identify who is holding each controller. That way, if you have two people playing and swap controllers, it still knows who player 1 and 2 are. Also, for fighting games, it can automatically detect which player should be on which side of the screen. I can't imagine that being optional, since it would disable some of the basic functionality they're shooting for.
post #52 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

the last thing i want is more kinect implementation..
+2
post #53 of 14773
post #54 of 14773
Quote:
A spokesperson for BT told TechRadar that the company "will be talking to Microsoft about Xbox One" with regards to its Sport channels, stating that discussions between the two were set to happen after the launch of the new service.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/bt-and-microsoft-to-partner-for-xbox-one--1154780
post #55 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

the last thing i want is more kinect implementation..
+3 ... million!
post #56 of 14773
But of course there is going to be more Kinect implementation. It only makes sense to have more Kinect implementation. Since it's going to be included in every system they need to have the option to use it as much as possible. As long as you have the option to use either the controller or Kinect, I don't see the problem.
post #57 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I'm pretty anti-kinect. But if they can implement it in non-obstrusive ways then I'll give it a shot.
And that's a pretty good summary...............it all depends on the implementation. I am neither pro nor con Kinect but I can see some very useful features such as those mentioned.

Look at the Galaxy S4 - screen that stays on as long as you look at it = excellent, no matter what screen timeout one sets it never seems quite right.......one that times out by your use at the moment? Excellent. Kinect could be the same, might be handy as hell & devs could really implement some cool stuff.

OR

It could be like some of the early Wii stuff, tacked on rubbish

Only time will tell, I'll reserve my judgement until I see which way it goes.
post #58 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

If you cover Kinect 2, I'm sure you're going to have problems. The new controller has an IR emitter on the top much like the lightbar on the new PS4 controllers so that Kinect 2 can identify who is holding each controller. That way, if you have two people playing and swap controllers, it still knows who player 1 and 2 are.

I'm sorry, but how is this useful? Why would two players swap controllers during a game?

If a game really needs Kinect I'd uncover it. I just hope that it will work at all with it covered.
post #59 of 14773
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

I'm sorry, but how is this useful? Why would two players swap controllers during a game?

If a game really needs Kinect I'd uncover it. I just hope that it will work at all with it covered.

One or both players take a break from playing and they forget which controller they were using. This may not be something people think about now, but if the system handles instant resume as they demonstrated I can see lots of situations where you stop a game to eat dinner for instance then come back to pick up right where you left off.
post #60 of 14773
Or someone jumping in as a 3rd or 4th player. Or someone taking the place of 1st player because you let your son or friend play and you sit out. Many different scenarios.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › The Official Xbox One thread...